[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Sleepless Princess 离人心上

sugarplum892

5 minutes ago, BreezeC said:

Reality vs Fairytale – My interpretation

I had been pondering for over a day after watching the last episode and came to the final conclusion (Please note this is my personal thoughts and interpretation, subject to changes depending on the actual ending next week lol and I am sure there are flaws here as well but open for discussion hehe)

Life is about choices and in this drama, it is like two sides of a coin – we can choose one side over the other but at the end of the day, whichever side you chose, it is the same coin…

Spoiler Alert – Suggest to watch the final episode before reading this

Interpretation One:

*The Adult’s Fairytale = The Reality*

GS and his wife, WW is reality. XY and CY is the fairytale that GS wants to give to his wife and himself. However, can we say XY and CY is fake? No, because XY and CY are a replication of GS and his wife WW. In reality, GS and WW is simply a normal couple. WW fell into a coma and GS stayed by her side, taking care of her and creating stories after stories for her as it is her favorite interest. The stories he made up were based on real life people, real circumstances, and their own love story. Yes, maybe there are no fairytale general and princess, no extreme circumstances like assassins, evil plots,  waring kingdoms, magical transformation etc. but the basic elements of their love, their personality, and their life does exist, maybe not in the exaggerated and enhanced version like a fairytale but who is to say that it didn’t happen in GS and WW’s life. For instance, (making up scenarios here to use as example) XY saved CY from assassin when they first met and in real life GS saved WW from rascals who were trying to harass her. XY and CY got married under the emperor’s order, and in reality, WW adopted father trick WW into marrying GS for his own personal gain…the possibilities and imaginations to explore here are endless because we don’t know GS and WW’s story but who can say they are less impactful than XY and CY when XY and CY is a version of GS and WW, in which GS added additional elements and plot driving situations to favor up the storyline. Everything that happened to XY and CY may happened to GS and WW but not as dramatic… At the end, when we stripped away their identity and everything else, XY is GS and CY is WW. Even if they are characters of a story by GS, it is a different version of GS and WW and their love story is real. As for all the other characters in his story, when GS was pushing his wife in the wheelchair on the streets with all the people looking at them, people who he based off of in his story – They may all look different with different identity but they are the same people with the same personality. SNN is still together with LQ, Mr. White is still outgoing and enthusiastic, TY is still friendly and sweet (and alive!), NX is arrogant, and XC is boyish and wealthy etc… If GS and WW is real, it doesn’t mean XY and CY is not real. The emotions and feelings we invested in GS’s story with XY/CY/XC/SNN etc is real because they do exist, maybe not with the same identity or background but their love, interaction, and story does exist in real life.

Interpretation Two:

*The Adult Fairytale = Fairytale*

XY and CY is a real life fairytale. After everything happened in the last episode, XY no longer are bound by his duties and responsibilities. The country is no longer at war, QZ the foreign country is no longer a threat, and in the palace there is XC to assist the emperor and LQ to watch over the palace security. His aunt is still healthy to take care of X mansion; therefore, he stayed by CY’s side hoping that by reading her favorite book, she will wake up (similar to how XC tried to read to her to wake her up in episode one) but when that didn’t work, XY started bringing CY to live the life of the book, turning himself to GS and her as WW and travel the places mentioned in the book written by his brother. (To avoid complication since I am sure XY is well known as a war hero, he also tells people his name is GS.) When he finished reading her his brother’s book, and she still didn’t wake up – He started making up stories for her to listen to, using people they know as characters in his stories for her to continue to remember them (Another interpretation of the street scene with all the characters is actually XY made up characters in his stories told to CY) and the last story he told to her and to those children is their own story…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the end, whichever side of the coin you choose to believe, the reality or the fairytale, the story of reality or the reality becoming the story, XY or GS, CY or WW, their love for each other is real – We have a husband traveling the world with his sleeping wife, reading and creating stories for her every day, and desperately hoping his wife will wake up one day…

Whichever side of the story you believe, I hope and pray that both side of this story would have a happy ending because no matter what, human should always hope for the best, the happiness, the brightness for love and miracles.

After thought: Wow… after finish typing this I realized that this is really not just any rom-com, we went into this drama to hope for cute interactions, great chemistry and sweet love story with a happy ending but this turned out to be more complicated and insightful than I thought… it kept you thinking and analyzing…which will definitely have a lasting impression on us other than a simple typical rom-com.

Amazing work to the creators, writers, directors, actors and actresses *Millions thumbs up*  

I love your interpretation! Lol I just enjoyed their chemistry and how cute the pair looked together on screen. It was a good series but I guess let’s see what the epilogue is next week. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BreezeC said:

I had been pondering for over a day after watching the last episode and came to the final conclusion (Please note this is my personal thoughts and interpretation, subject to changes depending on the actual ending next week lol and I am sure there are flaws here as well but open for discussion hehe)

Life is about choices and in this drama, it is like two sides of a coin – we can choose one side over the other but at the end of the day, whichever side you chose, it is the same coin…

Interpretation One:

GS and his wife, WW is reality. XY and CY is the fairytale that GS wants to give to his wife and himself. However, can we say XY and CY is fake? No, because XY and CY are a replication of GS and his wife WW. In reality, GS and WW is simply a normal couple. WW fell into a coma and GS stayed by her side, taking care of her and creating stories after stories for her as it is her favorite interest. The stories he made up were based on real life people, real circumstances, and their own love story. Yes, maybe there are no fairytale general and princess, no extreme circumstances like assassins, evil plots,  waring kingdoms, magical transformation etc. but the basic elements of their love, their personality, and their life does exist, maybe not in the exaggerated and enhanced version like a fairytale but who is to say that it didn’t happen in GS and WW’s life. For instance, (making up scenarios here to use as example) XY saved CY from assassin when they first met and in real life GS saved WW from rascals who were trying to harass her. XY and CY got married under the emperor’s order, and in reality, WW adopted father trick WW into marrying GS for his own personal gain…the possibilities and imaginations to explore here are endless because we don’t know GS and WW’s story but who can say they are less impactful than XY and CY when XY and CY is a version of GS and WW, in which GS added additional elements and plot driving situations to favor up the storyline. Everything that happened to XY and CY may happened to GS and WW but not as dramatic… At the end, when we stripped away their identity and everything else, XY is GS and CY is WW. Even if they are characters of a story by GS, it is a different version of GS and WW and their love story is real. As for all the other characters in his story, when GS was pushing his wife in the wheelchair on the streets with all the people looking at them, people who he based off of in his story – They may all look different with different identity but they are the same people with the same personality. SNN is still together with LQ, Mr. White is still outgoing and enthusiastic, TY is still friendly and sweet (and alive!), NX is arrogant, and XC is boyish and wealthy etc… If GS and WW is real, it doesn’t mean XY and CY is not real. The emotions and feelings we invested in GS’s story with XY/CY/XC/SNN etc is real because they do exist, maybe not with the same identity or background but their love, interaction, and story does exist in real life.

Interpretation Two:

XY and CY is a real life fairytale. After everything happened in the last episode, XY no longer are bound by his duties and responsibilities. The country is no longer at war, QZ the foreign country is no longer a threat, and in the palace there is XC to assist the emperor and LQ to watch over the palace security. His aunt is still healthy to take care of X mansion; therefore, he stayed by CY’s side hoping that by reading her favorite book, she will wake up (similar to how XC tried to read to her to wake her up in episode one) but when that didn’t work, XY started bringing CY to live the life of the book, turning himself to GS and her as WW and travel the places mentioned in the book written by his brother. (To avoid complication since I am sure XY is well known as a war hero, he also tells people his name is GS.) When he finished reading her his brother’s book, and she still didn’t wake up – He started making up stories for her to listen to, using people they know as characters in his stories for her to continue to remember them (Another interpretation of the street scene with all the characters is actually XY made up characters in his stories told to CY) and the last story he told to her and to those children is their own story…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the end, whichever side of the coin you choose to believe, the reality or the fairytale, the story of reality or the reality becoming the story, XY or GS, CY or WW, their love for each other is real – We have a husband traveling the world with his sleeping wife, reading and creating stories for her every day, and desperately hoping his wife will wake up one day…

Whichever side of the story you believe, I hope and pray that both side of this story would have a happy ending because no matter what, human should always hope for the best, the happiness, the brightness for love and miracles.

After thought: Wow… after finish typing this I realized that this is really not just any rom-com, we went into this drama to hope for cute interactions, great chemistry and sweet love story with a happy ending but this turned out to be more complicated and insightful than I thought… it kept you thinking and analyzing…which will definitely have a lasting impression on us other than a simple typical rom-com.

Amazing work to the creators, writers, directors, actors and actresses *Millions thumbs up*  

Thanks so much for your analysis, which has made me more reconciled to this fiasco than anything else so far. It let me see that what I really want to hold on to is the love between them—after all that was what kept me going even in the drama’s dull or angsty moments. Of course, the epilogue may yet let us down, but you’ve helped me see some happier possibilities. :kiss_wink:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BreezeC said:

Interpretation One:

Interpretation Two:

Thank you! Reading this made me feel a lot better...eased my pain a bit lol

• Like 5

Looks like the recap hasn't been done yet so here we go~

Episode 34 Recap (Part 1):

LJ has become a wanted criminal since he accidentally shot Ning Wang. NN tries to persuade her dad not to be unfair towards LJ - although it is her cousin, Ning Wang who was injured - she heard that NW blocked the arrow. Her dad is enraged and actually slaps her - he doesn't agree with their romance. He tells her to stay away from LJ and leaves.

LJ comes to see her and seeing how miserable she is, promises to stay away from her (silly boy). She doesn't have any of that of course, and lightly kisses him. He realises how she feels and kisses her back properly (It's kinda cute how awkwardly they're holding each other, kinda fits their characters too haha). He tells her that he's going to catch DS with XY and hopes perhaps he can make up for his transgression (of harming the Prince) before the King. 

TY is burning incense to XM at Ying Hua Temple, expressing her wish for CY and XY to be happy together. She overhears the conversation between the young apprentice of DS and a eunuch. Apparently DS has been sending him to the palace for a special herb through a secret passageway. She also hears the plan that DS has to release the poison gas throughout the palace the night of the full moon. TY gasps when she hears that DS intends to kill everyone since he's gone mad that he can't get the Birth Stone to save his beloved. They hear her - TY starts running for her life. The eunuch shouts out for her to be caught, calling her an intruder. TY gets on a horse, determined to tell CY about what she overheard. All the guards move to catch her, some shooting arrows. TY is shot but she escapes. 

Mr. Qin carries TY into XC's place - CY is shocked to see the state she's in. XC orders for the doctor, though Mr. Qin looks at TY knowingly. TY manages to tell her everything, warning CY not to go back to the palace because DS wants to force her to go. XC orders Mr Qin to locate the secret passageway as quietly as possible. TY expresses how much she missed CY as CY cries. TY says, "I'm finally coming to see you." as she sees a vision of XM coming to greet her. Her hand falls, and CY sobs helplessly. (See this was super quick - happened within the first 10 minutes). On the other side, TY walks side-by-side with XM.

CY cries to Uncle Liao, asking if he knows any way to save TY. She wonders if the Birth Stone can do it. Uncle Liao says he doesn't know but she can ask her father - he gives her an incense that her father left behind. CY lights it and lies down, closing her eyes. She enters a dreamscape and meets her father. She asks the question and says she is willing to use the last chance she has - but her father tells her to return. The prophetic powers of the Birth Stone already rebels against fate; basically there isn't a way to bring the dead back to life because doing so would be against the order of the universe. CY asks her father if anyone else is going to die for her sake - she wants to know if XY and XC will be able to live out their lives. Her father sighs that she wants to use her last chance this way, but CY says that her life will be meaningless if there is nothing she can hold on to.

Her father lets her go to that crystal bubble thing. CY sees something but that's not what she wants to see. Her father desperately asks, "Can't you leave the last chance for yourself?" CY refuses - the Birth Stone glows in her forehead and she closes her eyes, raising her arms to the bubble - she sees scenes of XY heading out somewhere, then getting hurt, she shouts, "No!" and as she shouts, she wakes up, "No! Don't go there!" She immediately gets out of bed, not even putting on her shoes. (I knew it - this is where she's going to run to XY, the preview scene). 

XY is looking at a map in the barracks. Mr Bai comes to report - DS had a secret passageway which he used to send TB on to get valuables from the palace. The money he gained from selling these were used to hire those death assassins. They don't know the exact location, only that someone would meet them at Da Luo Mountain. XY orders him to look around the area. 

They hear CY asking to be let in, and aww she says, "I'm your General's wife!" Then it's the preview scene where she hugs him and doesn't let go. XY tells her to go home; he'll return after he catches DS and gets the cure. She says that she can't, and looks down at her feet - they're all bloody. XY looks at her in concern and she just smiles.

He treats them and asks if they hurt. CY says they don't but he asks why are her eyes red. CY just keeps saying, "Because I miss you." XY knows that something's wrong, and asks her again what was so important that she came so hurriedly in the middle of the night. She repeats, "The most important thing was... that I missed you." But she adds that XC got the news that DS had a hideout in Xi Bei Mountain (she is trying to send him somewhere else). 

XY isn't fooled; he says, "You're lying." He reasons that XC could have sent a servant to tell him the news, and he wouldn't have let CY come by herself without even a guard in the middle of the night. CY then fibs that she argued with XC and came out herself. Anyway, she tells him to catch DS, and then marry her. XY smiles and says, "Yes, Mrs. Xue." CY smiles and lays down to sleep. Her smile goes once she turns her back, thinking, "How do I stop him from going there?" XY looks at her in worry.

XY comes out and tells Mr. Bai that CY is extremely out of sorts. He sends him to XC's place to find out what happened (CY didn't even tell him about TY! Her death has been forgotten...)

NN is in her room, thinking about LJ. She resolves to join him, even though her maid tries to stop her. She says that LJ needs someone to accompany and trust him; she leaves to go - she knows he's with XY.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

4 hours ago, kvh88 said:

He mentions how he had a difficult time getting role  and spent a lot of time in his room playing games to avoid people asking him about it. It's nice to see how far he's come and hopefully he will get many more roles!

thank you for sharing!! and omg...I'm so proud of him for holding on and coming this far......my heart feels so happy for him that he's shining this brightly and that more and more people are acknowledging his skills TT______TT 

prepare for my usual long post lol

4 hours ago, BreezeC said:

i 100000% agree with you..this drama has definitely left a mark in my heart. and oh....my.......i cried while reading your post :(( thanks for sharing your interpretation and analysis!!!!! i really, really enjoyed both interpretations. i just came back from watching the ending of ep 35 (I could only watch as much as the person on youtube uploaded tho), and I'm a sobbing mess Q____________Q

this reminds me of my previous questions before all this happened.....i never imagined the beginning of ep 1 would really have a significance like i was thinking TT_____TT  IM SADDDDDDD lol

On 9/2/2020 at 5:29 PM, honeytime said:

but guys!!!!! i was watching episode 1 again lol and does anyone have an idea why the kiddos are calling XY by the name Mr. GuanShan? not sure if this was already addressed (if it was, sorry!) but i wonder if there is a significance with this...did they do this bc it's the wayy beginning and they wanted to make it where Mr. GuanShan is a storyteller who is telling stories to his Wan Wan about his adventures and journeys? did XY borrow that nickname so he can tell stories to his "Wan Wan" and the kiddos? is this actually just a Mr. GuanShan and Wan Wan in XM's vision, and not our princess and general like we thought they were? maybe I'm reading too deeply into that but just wondering lol

since i don't have eng subs yet to understand the drama, i don't think i can confidently make my own interpretation, but going off of your interpretations.....I'd say the story that makes most sense to me is the "reality" - it's also the one that is most heart-wrenching to me and really brings me to tears esp bc I'm such an emotional, sentimental, and sensitive person. as much as i hope for and wish that the "fairytale" version is our actual story.....as much as i love this version, the beginning and ending scenes make me think that XY and CY'S story was indeed a fairytale that GS created for WW and himself.

maybe, like you said...in reality, GS and WW are a normal couple and they went through hardships similar to what happened in the fairytale - GS just created the story and added more things to share to the world and tell his wife, since his wife loves "unpopular" romance novels so much. maybe she has an illness and has trouble sleeping throughout her life, and he is still her pillow or her only "cure" bc she could sleep soundly in his arms. maybe at first WW was GS's "wound" bc he loved her so much but he had a lot of grief and pain in his own life so he felt like he didn't deserve her..but as he got to love her, he grew to accept her as his "pillow" too bc ultimately he feels safe and secure in her presence. and then when WW fell into a coma bc her illness got severe...GS started telling her stories about everything in their world. he took care of her and took her places.....she traveled the world with him through her dreams. GS helped her continue living while he waited..and waited. and he might be an amateur storyteller, but he tells her stories every day anyway bc stories make her feel alive and free. and yeah, it makes sense that the stories he made up included the people he's come across in real life...maybe he made them characters in his stories so that not only will everyone be familiar with WW, but so that WW will also be familiar with everyone after she wakes up. (even the kids became characters in the fairytale!!!) and when GS and WW walk by everyone and the crowd disappears, maybe that signified that in GS and WW's lives, many people came and went, like how life comes and goes and the world keeps spinning..by the end of the road, GS was still the one by WW's side and they were still together.

as for the ending scene where GS is carrying WW on the cliff, maybe...WW never wakes up, and he's just continuing to tell her the story of XY and CY, so that they could be together forever and their love would last forever, at least in the fairytale..at this point, the fairytale that GS wishes for becomes the new "reality" for GS and WW, where CY wakes up.

now we transition back to the fairytale: XY carries CY onto the cliff and they "rise where they fell" (i just REALLY love that line haha): she wakes up bc, idk maybe his amazing speech or tears, or something magical or even his Strong aura of having killed hundreds of souls eventually wakes her up. or the script said so loll and they kiss and continue their adventures not as princess and general but instead as an average couple going through life together and having a family - this is where the fairytale in GS’s story becomes the reality that he so wishes for, the reality that the audience now gets to see. and it's a happy ending now, even if it's still just actually..in GS's fairytale. GS and WW continue living on as XY and CY. the end q___q

--------------

"but who is to say that it didn’t happen in GS and WW’s life.. we don’t know GS and WW’s story but who can say they are less impactful than XY and CY.. At the end, when we stripped away their identity and everything else, XY is GS and CY is WW. Even if they are characters of a story by GS, it is a different version of GS and WW and their love story is real.. If GS and WW is real, it doesn’t mean XY and CY is not real. The emotions and feelings we invested in GS’s story with XY/CY/XC/SNN etc is real because they do exist, maybe not with the same identity or background but their love, interaction, and story does exist in real life" ----> @BreezeC I really love this part of your interpretation ;__; it just touches my heart so much. even if we've interpreted the story differently than the actual ending, this still rings so true. who are we, who is any of us to say that normal GS and WW didn't have adventures together that were as strong, loving, and impactful as XY and CY? and at the end, the reality is that GS&WW and XY&CY are equal versions of each other bc their love is so incredibly, BEAUTIFULLY strong - that's enough to make any story "real" to me...

and lastly....i agree that everything we've felt and given in this drama is also real!!! we experienced the love story of XY and CY together, and we even felt their sadness and heartbreak. we're witnesses to their adventures together...which means we are now also familiar with the story of GS and WW.

• Like 5

I downloaded the soundtracks and now I’m emotional. Their the only general and princess in my heart as of now I feel like I’m on the edge of the cliff with them as well.

to me, GS and WW are XY and CY and vice versa their love for each other are real, and we all felt it. I can finally say I’m at ease now knowing it’s still a happy ending no matter how we interpret it. In the end, they both love each other and lived happily. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

I hv the same feeling as some of you mentioned that XY&CY are the characters in GS story. GS&WW are the real couple in this drama. Its a good twist of ending if it ended up that way. Either way, just hope CY/ WW wakes up and lead a happy life with XY/GS.                                               Hope they release some bts for us to get thru the weekend.

• Like 4

Oh, I forgot- @SC2019 you asked about the 彩蛋 (Colourful Egg). The literal translation doesn't make sense of course haha... but actually it's like Easter eggs - and I mean the way it's used in the context of movies. But the Chinese meaning also doesn't quite mean Easter eggs in the English sense... from what I've seen, they use this term to refer to anything extra - so like BTS, cut scenes, alternative scenes. Actually on the YT previews, they also called this 番外 so it's like a spin-off, so it could also mean the coming scenes are separate to the "finished" story. GAH. I don't know which they mean but we shall see.

Episode 34 Recap (Part 2):

XY and CY are lying in bed - CY holding XY's hand that is under her head. He turns her around. Then it's the preview scene where he tries to return the ankle bracelet to her. She doesn't take it - saying, "I used to think that love was being imprisoned, being all-in, not giving up even unto death. But now I think... as long as there is yearning between (us/ the two - there is no subject in Chinese), (we) can be together a lifetime too." (ACK. She is foreshadowing.) XY says that they will definitely be together a lifetime. CY takes the anklet and puts it into his clothes, saying that the prison will remain with him for now. "If someday I wished to escape, I will ask for it." XY says that she will never escape then. He gives her a kiss on her forehead and holds her close as they sleep. 

The next morning, XC is pacing, wondering where CY is. Uncle Liao told him that CY has used her last chance. XC receives XY's message that CY is with him, and heads to the barracks.

Mr Bai tells XY that he checked out the location CY mentioned but found nothing there. XY has a hunch that she's trying to stop him from returning to the capital - the previous night, he realised that CY was crying in his arms, and when he asked, she just told him to keep holding her close. He says that he hopes she didn't dream. 

XC arrives and is at first angry with XY. XY says he knows what CY is doing, and he will not let her die for him - he has decided that he will go where he needs to go and make her dream come true (so that it is not changed). CY comes out, "I don't want you to go!" This is the spoiler scene where XY carries her like a sack over his shoulders back into the room. He ties her up to the bed, saying that everyone has their own fate; "If only one of us can live, I'd rather it be you." 

But CY is adamant as he tries to walk out, "Xue Yao! If you dare leave me here, when you come back, you will find a corpse." That provokes XY, and he comes back, grabbing her, "Don't you dare..." 

XC comes in and tells both of them to calm down. He tells CY to think of the location in her dream. CY says that it will happen in the secret chamber, but she doesn't know the exact location. Uncle Liao says that he knows where the passageway is; he used it when he tried to escape with CY when she was a baby (LOL that was easy - why didn't they ask him before?). Anyway, XY delegates like a General, sending them each to a different part - XC will lead his men from the medicine factory in the palace to destroy the vessel containing the poison gas; Mr Bai will go from the mountain and find the body (of FX, I think) and destroy that, and XY and LJ will capture DS and ask for the cure.

Mr Bai and LJ leave to get ready, and as XY turns, CY repeats her threat that she will kill herself if he dares leave her behind. Then it's the line from the preview where she says she just wants to be with him. XC just looks on at the extent of what CY is willing to do because of XY. Outside, NN arrives to join in. She tells LJ that she wants to protect her man just like CY is protecting hers. 

There's a scene with NX that I don't care about... (seriously, her arc should be finished already. Doesn't add anything to the story at this point). She thinks about what NW did for her. They get a letter saying that the mine has been destroyed, but her brother is safe, although his jade ring was stolen. NX realises that XY lied to her and goes off in a huff.

XY and his men find the passageway in the mountains and XC heads in to the palace. XC tells Mr Qin to evacuate the palace. Meanwhile, XY and everyone has arrived in the chamber - CY recognises the place from her dreams. She stands in front of XY, saying "I'll protect you." (Really? How? LOL). XY is somewhat amused (given the seriousness of the situation), but he just holds her hand. Uncle Liao finds the key that unlocks the secret passage from the palace end. 

XY and everyone on his side walk carefully into the chamber. Then they see the pedestal where FX's body is lying. XY walks forward, trying to get a better look. Then needles and weapons starts flying out and attacking them - the fight begins as a group of death assassins land. XY holds out his hand to protect CY as she retreats to a corner. In the course of fighting, XY heads forward and CY is by herself - DS swoops in at the opening. XY reacts in time and fends DS off, but DS manages to throw a dagger at his chest, knocking XY down. CY holds him, apologising, "I'm sorry! I meant to help. I'm sorry." XY asks if this was the fate she tried to prevent. She apologises again and DS approaches.

CY stands up and grabs a sword to her neck, "Stop! Or I'll kill myself." XY grabs her dress weakly. DS stops but doesn't think she will - "If you kill yourself, how would you live up to XM's sacrifice? Before he died, he was begging me to let you go." CY and XY are shocked. 

A flashback reveals the true events of XM's death - XM had found the group of death assassins trying to capture CY while she was unconscious as a dragon. He tried fighting them off- in the process, CY fell to the floor; the candles got knocked over and the fire started. He took CY out - then went back in. The assassins had left, but then DS appeared and they fought - DS stuck his sword into XM's chest. XM stumbled against the altar, knocking down those plaques. As he fell to the ground, his book and letter to CY fell out. XM had been suspicious of DS because he grits out, "It was you indeed." DS picks up the book and letter, realising, " So you are Guan Shan." He sticks his sword into XM again and twists it (URGH). XM breathes his last as DS says, "Since you can't be husband and wife with Princess CY in this life, then die as a loyal soul protecting the royal family." 

XY tries to rise in his anger, but spits out blood instead. He falls unconscious and CY drops her sword to hold him. The rest of the crew surround DS, pointing their swords at him. CY shakes XY as she cries, "Xue Yao! Xue Yao!" (scene in preview/ songs) - End of Episode.

Way over bed time so see you guys tomorrow ....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

It is definitely more complicated and intense than what I expected.

@BreezeC . I think your first interpretation is most likely what we will find out next Wednesday ,hence all the characters on the street . Now the first episode makes sense with XY dressed as a commoner and the children addressed him as Mr Guan but I must admit that I like the Second Interpretation better.

• Like 2

This drama got me worse than the Thai drama my husband in law I watched a few months ago. I was so emotional at that time, but the sleepless princess stabbed be in the heart even more. 

And I’m down for another ZYC and HYX drama I love them together their so cute :heart4::fullofhearts:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Oh, I took the wrong way this morning because I kept thinking of the drama. :sweatingbullets:

Last night was my late night again, because I watched again and again the scenes . Oh I'm additive with it :phew:

Feeling like in heaven & in the hell at the same time :D Unbelievable :D:D

Quite tired that I can't read your long comments now (I usually read almost your comments :))

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1

Perfectly normal I guess as I hv my blunders too, all because thinking too much of the drama. That's how powerful SP is !  I picked this drama thinking its a light and fluffy drama. Didnt expect much from this drama initially. I was hooked after watching first ep. The plot was so-so but its the chemistry of ML&FL that brings out the best of this drama. Of course the supporting casts played their roles well too. The story was not draggy and not many side stories like other dramas are additional  plus points of this drama ! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I’ll be honest. When I first watched this drama, I interpret it as XY was telling his story to the kids as GS with his WW.  I thought he retired as general and took care of CY after everything happened telling her 365 stories thinking she would wake up. I saw it as XY and CY left the palace and Xue mansion to live GS and WW’s normal life like how CY wanted pushing her in the wheelchair showing her the adventures of stories he told. The street scene I saw it as those were the other stories he told her using their friends as the characters. I don’t know what’s reality or what’s an imagination but all I know is when I started it, I still came back to how i originally felt in the beginning. (After all the rewatch I’ve done, I still feel the same.)

this drama made me dream about the two leads having a son, and I’ll never forget that. It has made a big impact in my drama land haha 

I apologize I keep coming back ranting. It’s just that this drama made me feel all sorts of things. I can’t forget XY and CY their stuck in my head 24/7. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, teletubby lala said:

Perfectly normal I guess as I hv my blunders too, all because thinking too much of the drama. That's how powerful SP is !  I picked this drama thinking its a light and fluffy drama. Didnt expect much from this drama initially. I was hooked after watching first ep. The plot was so-so but its the chemistry of ML&FL that brings out the best of this drama. Of course the supporting casts played their roles well too. The story was not draggy and not many side stories like other dramas are additional  plus points of this drama ! 

Same with me! I thought it’d be some cutesy show. Love the pairing. Haha and 白先生 is so funny! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1