[Taiwanese Drama 2020] Lost Romance 浪漫輸給你

0ly40

Hello hello Lost Romance friends! It's me here to write another ridiculously long post :naughty:  I will respond to everyone's comments tomorrow but just thought I'd get my thoughts down first while it's fresh after just watching the latest episode. And since everyone has talked about the main things in your comments anyway, I think if you haven't figured out there's a kidnapping scene and a bed scene from the trailers and from the other comments, then go watch it right now or pause your reading on my comment (spoiler tag is not working for me atm).

I find each week the episodes are getting really good dramatically!!! Like the pacing of the story is very on point. Character development and changing dynamics are pretty well done and story telling has improved a lot (though I still worry if they will be able to tie up some of the things they've set up right now because it's episode 12 and I'm not sure they're revealing enough to explain things in time for the ending.) This week's episode actually played two key events together without it feeling crammed or unnatural.

Haha, I was very annoyed at AR for the first quarter of the episode because I did feel like he was dense - like QF pretty much pulled out XE's arm to show blood and no one said anything about it?? Why would you make her apologise to CC without finding proof! Also once again, QF was perceptive and suspicious of CC's story right away, but AR was slow to the ball. And then, I wasn't comfortable about AR turning the conversation around from CC lying to making XE feel guilty about TX. Like you literally did not stick up for her a few seconds ago, and now you're mad at her for possibly liking someone else?? I was not impressed - jealousy is not romantic and I feel like turning the conversation like like that was a cheap move, even if it had been bothering him. But, on the other hand, I do understand why it bothered him - I'd hate to be liked because I was the spitting image of someone else (But could he have mentioned in later not right then?!) At least now I understand why XE said those words about liking AR not TX - she was given an ultimatum. But it is a lie since she likes TX anyway. I find it interesting that the new love triangle is between AR & TX, not QF & AR now - My heart really hurts for QF though.

I am so so so glad XE slapped CC. She really deserved it so much for last week, this week and even next week - she is really, really annoying even if she did eventually help XE (though that was because she was afraid of what would happen to AR since she is too weak to help him and she got them all into the kidnapping mess in the first place and would have to explain things to AR). Though I think she's awful and it was much deserved, and though I very much back XE, in a complicated way XE is not overly innocent either - she did want to be first lead which is technically 'stealing' CC's spot. But the methods she used to get there were kind and genuinely helpful to CC, and she also admitted liking the CEO rather than denied it when CC asked, so it wasn't done behind her back. CC is just a terrible character on the whole - super petty and scheming.

I thought this kidnapping was fun. I have always known Marcus to be a good actor, but Jason Hsu is very good as a bad guy. I was impressed - he channelled the same psychotic behaviour as his sister in the real world. I did think it was a bit too silly that AR confessed to XE in the middle of having a knife to his neck. Um, ok. I have to keep reminding myself that they are in a trashy romance book world or I would have been disappointed - haha, MR did make me laugh when he said "Have you both said enough now?!" In the real world, I find MingLi has created a monster out of her brother - TJ wanted to be reasonable at first, but I think he's gone down the "I'm fighting evil with evil" route and he's pretty dark right now. Kind of weird that TX was kidnapped last ep and they didn't really spend much time looking for him this ep?

You all know by now, that I don't really feel much for AR and XE being together....BUT THAT BEDROOM SCENE!!! Do I still think there's been a better relationship development between QF & XE? Yep! Do I think QF is still the better character to be romantically involved with? Yep! But did I enjoy those scenes? Yeah, I'll admit I still did, if only to see Vivian & Marcus (rather than AR & XE) heat up the screen! It was tastefully and beautifully shot and even though @Anjali Punia is right to say I'm a big Jasper fan & big Jasper + Puff fan, I think this bedroom scene was actually longer and more sensual than the one in Before We Get Married (I still like that scene for the actors, but I found this one to be more aesthetically pleasing and romantic). Yep, it was super hot, Haha, the staircase scene was a whole thing too! 

Last thing I need to talk about is QF (Haha @Usaheaven would know this about me since we commiserate together). It hurts that he's been swept aside - coz now that TX seems to be competition, QF is not even viewed as that. But once again, as a viewer you're shown that he's so good to XE in that he noticed her moods better than AR, he believed her more readily when CC pushed her. For me, AR pales in comparison as a character except as a wish fulfilment for XE's attraction/ idolisation of TX (even though she denies this in the heat of the moment to AR). The only thing that cheered me up on the QF front was that Simon and Vivian have a section in the behind the scenes!

@songielove - I know! I was disappointed about the lack of BTS footage for the bedroom scenes. It was more like the morning after scenes! Maybe they will put it in for next episode like they did with the kiss? Haha, I prefer Vivian + Marcus to AR + XE, so I'm hoping it'll be like a surprise bonus bit. I have more to say to everyone individuallly , but will do it tomorrow.

• Like 4

@Azhire_JjongAh26 @Usaheaven 

Noted . I think they are on Viki. Netflix too.

Will watch for sure. 

I think Jasper may be my new obsession. Marcus was the first actor I ever went crazy for.  Like if an actor can male me watch a show like Between . It means I am way too deep into it. And I can see I have the same symptoms for Jasper and Simon.

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, JenL said:

I thought this kidnapping was fun. I have always known Marcus to be a good actor, but Jason Hsu is very good as a bad guy. I was impressed - he channelled the same psychotic behaviour as his sister in the real world. I did think it was a bit too silly that AR confessed to XE in the middle of having a knife to his neck. Um, ok. I have to keep reminding myself that they are in a trashy romance book world or I would have been disappointed - haha, MR did make me laugh when he said "Have you both said enough now?!" In the real world, I find MingLi has created a monster out of her brother - TJ wanted to be reasonable at first, but I think he's gone down the "I'm fighting evil with evil" route and he's pretty dark right now. Kind of weird that TX was kidnapped last ep and they didn't really spend much time looking for him this ep?

Haha! We weren't alone. While the confession was moving and adrenaline-rushing, it was hilarious. I mean, the acting was too good, I keep laughing and wondering if I'm supposed to. Like, is this also the writer making fun of these novels or was I supposed to take it seriously? A lot of Ao-En fans thought it was silly too, but sweet nonetheless. I am for Vivian + Marcus too; any bit of bts of those scenes would be gold! But maybe the real bonus is that Simon was there watching them film??? I'm not broken-hearted for Qing Feng. I'm broken-hearted for Simon who has been after Marcus this whole time! :tounge_xd:

I really really liked their lines throughout the whole kidnapping sequence, especially when Xiao En was trying to free him from the dark room. It reminded me of their earlier days living together. I realize that may be the issue that I'm finding their love hard to believe; a lot of things that happened during that time was significant to Ao Ran's character development and growing affections for Xiao En. However, once she left the house, we don't get those intimate, insider experiences anymore. @Usaheaven, we're on the same page here. I can see how those moments slowly grew on Ao Ran, but I don't see Xiao En's transition clearly. At what point does Ao Ran go from being her CEO target to her genuinely liking him for who he is? (I'm going to say, it was when she found out about his childhood.) But I guess, if you truly like someone, sometimes you just run with it and even forget the reasons. Their love scene was absolutely gorgeous-- so good that I forget these issues in the moment. LOL. I swear, anything more in those shots and this would no longer be an idol drama! Considering they could barely look at each other in Ep11 (aka the days before), they're making strides! Even if Xiao En is differentiating Ao Ran from Tian Xing, I refuse to believe her. SO SAD. Not that she deliberately lied, but I just don't think she can disassociate the two that easily, even if she believes they are their own identities. It's impossible! I can't think of any other reason for this love scene to happen at this time other than to get the ball rolling on other turns of events and characters. The morning after when Ao Ran woke up from his nightmare, his first words were haunting. @JenL it's a good point that the love triangle is  AR-XE-TX! I guess we'll see Xiao En try to reason and work this out next episode. I feel so bad for Tian Xing, but after Ep12, I feel sad that we've come to be attached to these characters in the novel too.

2 hours ago, Anjali Punia said:

Marcus was the first actor I ever went crazy for.  Like if an actor can male me watch a show like Between . It means I am way too deep into it. And I can see I have the same symptoms for Jasper and Simon.

Too true hahahah! *hi-five*

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 2:56 AM, songielove said:

Yes, I may be Team Ao-En, but I think we can all agree Ao Ran is not being a good friend. Despite being moved by Ao Ran's kiss (have to agree with him that it was all in the atmosphere), I first and foremost felt it was wrong. He may be consumed with Xiao En and this He Tian Xing, but if he had taken Qing Feng seriously, he would have had some control of himself. So nope, I do not feel bad for Ao Ran getting hit by Qing Feng. In fact, he should really beat him up. But knowing Qing Feng, he wouldn't be that violent.

@JenL Wish they had covered more of the steamy scenes in the bts, but Marcus and Vivian are just so comforting to watch for me. I have to say that their friendship and attitudes (their professionalism switching on and off) really helped me to believe in Xiao En and Ao Ran. I think I may have heard that these scenes were shot earlier on in the schedule.

@songielove Yep, I agree about the lack of respect for QF from AR - I feel QF hitting AR (regardless of whether he's influenced by CC or not) is justified in the same way that XE slapping CC was. Like those characters really didn't deserve that kind of treatment from people they treated as friends. Yep, I do wish there was more bedroom scene BTS rather than kidnapping BTS (even though Jason is pretty funny). I agree - it seems like the bedroom scenes were shot awhile ago - I feel like Vivian hinted a lot at them several times in earlier interviews and she definitely emphasised something would happen for AR fans at the fan meet, so they were definitely shot by then.

@pamela572 Welcome! Always good to have more fans join in our talks

On 8/24/2020 at 3:12 AM, Anjali Punia said:

Well I never thought I would ever see a bed scene as hot and as good as Jasper Liu and PuffKao's in Before we get married.

But Lol I was so wrong.although certain switches are abrupt in this one .

But the preview. I feel so so baad for QF.

God.

Let me take him home

@Anjali Punia Yeah, although I love Puff & Jasper together, I actually think the scenes in Lost Romance were longer and more aesthetically shot. The only thing that bothered me about the bedroom scenes was the fact that they had product placement in it!! Like at one point they zoned out and focused on that incense thing which was a bit weird. I also wonder how this incense company got so much money they could afford product placement in (probably) the most watched scene in the entire drama.

Haha, yes, I'm definitely a big Jasper fan - I've been to 3 of his fan meets and he's signed my books/ magazines, posters etc. I met him when he was already a lead actor, but now he's reached a whole new level of fame with Netflix! It's kind of insane! In terms of Jasper dramas, aside from the ones you've seen:

- Pleasantly Surprised - My favourite Jasper drama. His styling is strange, but the romance with Puff is wonderful.

- When I See You Again - If you want to see Jasper as a domineering CEO again

- My Goddess - Not sure if there's English subs, but he shows his musical talents in this one

- In Time with You - He had only a small role in this, but it's a good drama

- Take me to the Moon - This is Jasper and our very own Vivian Sung in a school romance movie (Not drama)

- More than Blue - I'm not a fan of this type of film, but this movie was very very popular and it's sad (a bit like that Simon Lian music video I posted earlier)

On 8/24/2020 at 9:41 AM, VanellopeVS2020 said:

I agree with both of you on having a really good ending for QF as well. Ugh please please please do not match CC and QF....  I think he just gets interrupted whenever he asks XE because XE only redirects the question back at him regarading CC.  Much as I enjoyed the awkwardness between the 2 main leads, my heart can feel the pain and frustration that QF felt trying to explain the situation between him and CC to XE. For XE, QF likes CC.  And because QF never confessed his sudden change of heart, she is just too happy and supportive of QF and CC even if QF really likes her and not CC.  QF caught off guard with the scented pouch does not really help him convince XE that there is nothing going on between him and CC. 

@JenL Yes, I totally agree with you regarding QF.  I really believe that QF will remain good in the novel world and continue to support XE. I am still waiting for the eng sub to understand what was on ep 12 but I feel that QF will only bring his frustrations out on his friend for betraying him.. but will also support if whatever XE decides on in the end. 

@VanellopeVS2020 Yep, I'll be so mad if QF is paired with CC - it'll be totally disrespecting his character and I think we won't be the only fans to feel mad. I do wish they would have QF tell XE how he feels about her  and clear up the CC misunderstand, even if the never get together. It's very frustrating and painful to watch. Yep, I agree with you - I think QF is just punching AR because he deserves to as AR is a terrible friend. I do think he is suspcious of CC, so it won't be has he turns bad - I think he likes XE to support her, even if it hurts him.

21 hours ago, Usaheaven said:

@Anjali Punia You should totally watch  Pleasantly Surprised and When I See you again. The Patisserie with No Name I enjoyed as well. And IUUI. I forgot where I saw that one though. 

@VanellopeVS2020  Yes QF deserves a good ending. I so am 50/50 on him being a part of TX in teh real world.... I don't think he really would become bad. I think he was just venting it out on AR because he has the right to. Definitely didn't act like a good friend.  And agree about AR still needing to do more for me to really root for them still. Ep 12 helped a little but only a tiny bit. Still not enough for me to root for them. 

Hide contents

So I watched the episode and while I see why the bed scene is necessarily and don't get me wrong they are hot and I didn't hate it but still can't see the why they like each other. Yes I know they do but why? Still not really answered other than physically being attracted and for XE I feel like she still likes him because he is a CEO but does realize she doesn't know TX so can't like him. She likes the person in front of her. But still like their relationship would never really work in the "real world".  But at least they are seeing each other more so now they can get to know each other which will definitely help their relationship grow. 

But I feel so pained seeing QF see them like that.... omg Aoran should have at least told QF he liked XE..... honestly  he can go for her since you know with liking nobody is wrong per say but before you chase her should have the courtesy to tell your best friend. I still can't get over that. I really feel QF is frustrated....

Oh side note the BTS so can't wait... looks so hilarious.  Simon is in more of it haha... Oh and his post .. his fans so sweet la.   Supporting XE and QF in the real world... haha   Vivian commented return to the real world together.  Write novels together... . I will take it as long as QF is in the real world la.

@Usaheaven Good Jasper recommendations! I agree - I doubt QF will be corrupted or used to be evil. He seems a lot smarter and faster to understand things than AR. But he really deserved to be able to punch AR for his betrayal and because it's the same justice as when XE slaps CC. I also agree - while I think the bedroom scenes were pretty and I think it's helps to smooth the AR + XE romance for a lot of fans, I still don't feel it. I still think AR is just a wish fulfilment fantasy for XE since she could never really date TX in the past - But it really really sucks that she just doesn't pay any attention to QF's affections through his actions. I also think sleeping with XE is taking it too far without telling QF first that they're now a proper item - it's really poor friendship. BTS is really funny though - love how cute Simon was when he pretended to watch the bedroom scenes - Shy!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JenL said:

Haha, I was very annoyed at AR for the first quarter of the episode because I did feel like he was dense - like QF pretty much pulled out XE's arm to show blood and no one said anything about it?? Why would you make her apologise to CC without finding proof! Also once again, QF was perceptive and suspicious of CC's story right away, but AR was slow to the ball. And then, I wasn't comfortable about AR turning the conversation around from CC lying to making XE feel guilty about TX. Like you literally did not stick up for her a few seconds ago, and now you're mad at her for possibly liking someone else?? I was not impressed - jealousy is not romantic and I feel like turning the conversation like like that was a cheap move, even if it had been bothering him. But, on the other hand, I do understand why it bothered him - I'd hate to be liked because I was the spitting image of someone else (But could he have mentioned in later not right then?!) At least now I understand why XE said those words about liking AR not TX - she was given an ultimatum. But it is a lie since she likes TX anyway. I find it interesting that the new love triangle is between AR & TX, not QF & AR now - My heart really hurts for QF though.

I am so so so glad XE slapped CC. She really deserved it so much for last week, this week and even next week - she is really, really annoying even if she did eventually help XE (though that was because she was afraid of what would happen to AR since she is too weak to help him and she got them all into the kidnapping mess in the first place and would have to explain things to AR). Though I think she's awful and it was much deserved, and though I very much back XE, in a complicated way XE is not overly innocent either - she did want to be first lead which is technically 'stealing' CC's spot. But the methods she used to get there were kind and genuinely helpful to CC, and she also admitted liking the CEO rather than denied it when CC asked, so it wasn't done behind her back. CC is just a terrible character on the whole - super petty and scheming.

You all know by now, that I don't really feel much for AR and XE being together....BUT THAT BEDROOM SCENE!!! Do I still think there's been a better relationship development between QF & XE? Yep! Do I think QF is still the better character to be romantically involved with? Yep! But did I enjoy those scenes? Yeah, I'll admit I still did, if only to see Vivian & Marcus (rather than AR & XE) heat up the screen! It was tastefully and beautifully shot and even though @Anjali Punia is right to say I'm a big Jasper fan & big Jasper + Puff fan, I think this bedroom scene was actually longer and more sensual than the one in Before We Get Married (I still like that scene for the actors, but I found this one to be more aesthetically pleasing and romantic). Yep, it was super hot, Haha, the staircase scene was a whole thing too! 

Last thing I need to talk about is QF (Haha @Usaheaven would know this about me since we commiserate together). It hurts that he's been swept aside - coz now that TX seems to be competition, QF is not even viewed as that. But once again, as a viewer you're shown that he's so good to XE in that he noticed her moods better than AR, he believed her more readily when CC pushed her. For me, AR pales in comparison as a character except as a wish fulfilment for XE's attraction/ idolisation of TX (even though she denies this in the heat of the moment to AR). The only thing that cheered me up on the QF front was that Simon and Vivian have a section in the behind the scenes!

@songielove - I know! I was disappointed about the lack of BTS footage for the bedroom scenes. It was more like the morning after scenes! Maybe they will put it in for next episode like they did with the kiss? Haha, I prefer Vivian + Marcus to AR + XE, so I'm hoping it'll be like a surprise bonus bit. I have more to say to everyone individuallly , but will do it tomorrow.

@JenL  Totally agree with you about being annoyed with AR in the beginning. Why are you still doubting her?  Like I don't know I thought they were past this now. 

Yes its more of a AR-XE-TX triangle.  The whole bedroom scene are nice okay I admit I enjoyed it too. it was sweet even though still the relationship still is not believable for me.   

And yes QF I know because we are always on the same page with that.  And yes QF needs to tell her how he feels. Or at least clear up that he does not like CC anymore. Though when he does I know I will be sad because at this moment she definitely doesn't feel the same way. She is too wrapped up in being the FL and CEO's woman. But maybe one day she will realize what she and QF is more real. ok my wishful thinking. I really truly wonder if her realizing how QF feels about her will change anything? But one thing for sure is that QF only wants her to be happy in the end. As long as she is happy he will be as well even if it hurts him. But I wouldn't not blame him at all for trying to go for her though. Does not make him "black". 

Lol Simon was too cute and shy in that BTS. They are so playing with us lol. Like they put Simon in more BTS than the actual episode.  

@Anjali Punia Haha same here. I liked Jasper first and then Marcus and now Simon lol. 

@songielove Yes I can see how the moments grew on AR but still even he doesn't really understand why he likes her just that he knows that he does... that is why I don't buy it.  The writers I think were just too slow I think. I am too invested in QF so it just makes AR not a great character and with TX.... there are only 8 eps left?  Is it enough I don't know for me to buy into? I have no idea. 

• Like 2

On 8/24/2020 at 6:28 PM, JenL said:

I'm at that point wishing when the Dream world ends TX ending up with CC and XE meeting QF in RL and falling for him. I'm so delusional. :dead:

• Like 2

@Usi Omg, too sad for Tian Xing! No matter which world, no Chu Chu please. XD

Marcus just finished up his concert!:hooray: Ah, bittersweet. T.T

Just had to drop by to share this. As we know, Simon was his guest (see their bromance starting at 2:15). Looked super fun! Vivian attended in the audience and appeared briefly on stage (not in this video).

:piggydance:

• Like 2

Haha @songielove Yes! I saw that pop up...and have been watching the different versions of the concert footage too. Actually working on a quick translation of the talking parts. Those boys are soooo pretty together. 

For anyone who doesn't know Chinese, I'll post the translation on my blog in a minute. There were lots of funny bits - They made Simon pretend to be Xiao En and Marcus say the same lines to Simon. Also funny was how much Bromance there was going on. Simon asking the crowd "How hot is Marcus?" Marcus asking the crowd "How hot is Simon?" Etc

Lost Romance Episode 13 Trailer focused on QF and XE (Updated with official)

On 8/25/2020 at 1:42 PM, Usaheaven said:

Totally agree with you about being annoyed with AR in the beginning. Why are you still doubting her?  Like I don't know I thought they were past this now. 

And yes QF I know because we are always on the same page with that.  And yes QF needs to tell her how he feels. Or at least clear up that he does not like CC anymore. Though when he does I know I will be sad because at this moment she definitely doesn't feel the same way. She is too wrapped up in being the FL and CEO's woman. But maybe one day she will realize what she and QF is more real. ok my wishful thinking. I really truly wonder if her realizing how QF feels about her will change anything? But one thing for sure is that QF only wants her to be happy in the end. As long as she is happy he will be as well even if it hurts him. But I wouldn't not blame him at all for trying to go for her though. Does not make him "black". 

@Usaheaven Yeah, AR and XE scenes (aside from the bedroom scenes) have been just so-so for me because AR's doubting/jealousy/domineering attitude doesn't make me feel much. The other thing is, in their relationship, either XE is weak or AR is weak and the relationship feels weirdly like just a series of dramatic rescues, but with QF,  XE and him are equals which I think looks more healthy for a relationship (But it's a drama, so they're going for the dramatics). It's a shame QF hasn't just explicitly told her his feelings and it looks like he might, but it'll much too late next episode because it looks AR is thinking of proposing?! (He only just decided he liked her?!) it's looking really sad. I doubt XE will change her feelings because now I feel like she's too wrapped up in being CEO's woman, that she'll just feel sad and sorry when QF tells her. It's going to be some rough episodes ahead :(

@Usi Haha, no CC for anyone. She's just too annoying and evil (though I'm enjoying watching her as an evil person more than helpless person). I feel like at this point I'd prefer to see QF happy but alone a la Extraordinary You style since I'm not fully in love with any of the other female characters. TX I think will inevitably end up with XE, since AR is just a story book character? I would love it to be a real life QF and her, but highly unlikely for a second lead!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JenL said:

Haha @songielove Yes! I saw that pop up...and have been watching the different versions of the concert footage too. Actually working on a quick translation of the talking parts. Those boys are soooo pretty together. 

For anyone who doesn't know Chinese, I'll post the translation on my blog in a minute. There were lots of funny bits - They made Simon pretend to be Xiao En and Marcus say the same lines to Simon. Also funny was how much Bromance there was going on. Simon asking the crowd "How hot is Marcus?" Marcus asking the crowd "How hot is Simon?" Etc

Lost Romance Episode 13 Trailer focused on QF and XE (Updated with official)

@Usaheaven Yeah, AR and XE scenes (aside from the bedroom scenes) have been just so-so for me because AR's doubting/jealousy/domineering attitude doesn't make me feel much. The other thing is, in their relationship, either XE is weak or AR is weak and the relationship feels weirdly like just a series of dramatic rescues, but with QF,  XE and him are equals which I think looks more healthy for a relationship (But it's a drama, so they're going for the dramatics). It's a shame QF hasn't just explicitly told her his feelings and it looks like he might, but it'll much too late next episode because it looks AR is thinking of proposing?! (He only just decided he liked her?!) it's looking really sad. I doubt XE will change her feelings because now I feel like she's too wrapped up in being CEO's woman, that she'll just feel sad and sorry when QF tells her. It's going to be some rough episodes ahead :(

@Usi Haha, no CC for anyone. She's just too annoying and evil (though I'm enjoying watching her as an evil person more than helpless person). I feel like at this point I'd prefer to see QF happy but alone a la Extraordinary You style since I'm not fully in love with any of the other female characters. TX I think will inevitably end up with XE, since AR is just a story book character? I would love it to be a real life QF and her, but highly unlikely for a second lead!

@JenL  Thanks so much! I loved the bromance but why he had to add the part QF not in real world la... so sad so sad. And I totally agree that right now it wouldn't help if QF told XE his feelings. I think he is aware of that too. I told its a drama so yeah they don't pick the healthier relationship but then again why make QF so likeable? I think the writers underestimated his charm... But I have read many comments that as much as ppl enjoy the AR XE scenes that alot of people agree that they don't see how they fell in love either. Proposal?  I know its a romance novel but come on its way too fast. But that is probably why QF so mad at AR. I know I am so sad already thinking about how sad QF is. This promo does not help. Makes me sadder and not just on the romance front but it sounds like XE will be leaving the novel world soon. And it so sad because she made his life much more interesting and he doesn't want her to go. I am going to suffer from QF withdrawal once we get the real world.. Do you think it is too much to hope the at least XE will miss having QF around? I just need to grasp onto something lol.  This SLS.

@Ayame Thanks for the link. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 6:35 AM, songielove said:

I'm not broken-hearted for Qing Feng. I'm broken-hearted for Simon who has been after Marcus this whole time!

@songielove Haha, I feel like the heartbreak has healed after watching Marcus' concert this week! There was so much sweet, sweet bromance between those 2!!

I realize that may be the issue that I'm finding their love hard to believe; a lot of things that happened during that time was significant to Ao Ran's character development and growing affections for Xiao En. However, once she left the house, we don't get those intimate, insider experiences anymore. @Usaheaven, we're on the same page here. I can see how those moments slowly grew on Ao Ran, but I don't see Xiao En's transition clearly. At what point does Ao Ran go from being her CEO target to her genuinely liking him for who he is?

I agree with this- when they were living in the same house, I felt like there would have been many experiences that would have eventually connected AR & XE together. But it was cut short too soon? Even in the office XE doesn't really work with him, so it seems like they don't have as much interaction, so the jumps in feelings were unnatural for me in a storytelling perspective. 

@JenL it's a good point that the love triangle is  AR-XE-TX! I guess we'll see Xiao En try to reason and work this out next episode. I feel so bad for Tian Xing, but after Ep12, I feel sad that we've come to be attached to these characters in the novel too.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what happens when XE has to choose between AR and TX! While I do feel bad for TX, I don't think I've been attached to him that much to be honest because we only got a glimpse of him before he turned into AR. I think I've been caring for the story world characters more throughout the drama (Hahaha definately QF at least!). But there's a sense of curiosity as to what TX is like and how he'll be connected to XE in the real world too.

On 8/28/2020 at 2:56 AM, Usaheaven said:

@JenL  Thanks so much! I loved the bromance but why he had to add the part QF not in real world la... so sad so sad. And I totally agree that right now it wouldn't help if QF told XE his feelings. I think he is aware of that too. I told its a drama so yeah they don't pick the healthier relationship but then again why make QF so likeable? I think the writers underestimated his charm... But I have read many comments that as much as ppl enjoy the AR XE scenes that alot of people agree that they don't see how they fell in love either. Proposal?  I know its a romance novel but come on its way too fast. But that is probably why QF so mad at AR. I know I am so sad already thinking about how sad QF is. This promo does not help. Makes me sadder and not just on the romance front but it sounds like XE will be leaving the novel world soon. And it so sad because she made his life much more interesting and he doesn't want her to go. I am going to suffer from QF withdrawal once we get the real world.. Do you think it is too much to hope the at least XE will miss having QF around? I just need to grasp onto something lol.  This SLS.

@Usaheaven Haha, I wonder if QF will turn up in the real world now - sometimes when an actor keeps denying something will happen, it actually happens! But it could also be the truth that he doesn't as well since Simon looks like he's been keeping busy with other projects too. I really can't tell! >.< The writers definitely underestimated QF charms! And Yes!! A lot of my Twitter convos about Lost Romance have been people saying the scenes were hot, but they didn't buy into the romance, especially the cheesy confession at knife's point! It's not so great when you can see that the comparison is a more organic relationship developing with QF. I don't think I've ever read a serious romantic novel before (have read teen ones, but not those trashy Mills and Boon/ 50 shades type novels), but I feel like they probably would have these types of proposals in them -___-;; I'm personally weirded out by a proposal in this rushed timeline - it just seems like too much. And though I like XE, if she accepts, I think I would feel like this is her fantasies in an unhealthy overdrive. In the last few episodes I find that I like XE, but I like her less when she's fretting about AR. I totally have a QF bias, but even if I didn't, I would still find it a bit irritating that she cries over AR so much, and she gets so doe-eyed over him rescuing her one time...and it doesn't help that AR & XE's lines tend to be more overbearingly mushy than QF & XE's lines, which seem more reflective of how people who actually date might banter. QF withdrawl is a real thing! I think XE will miss him, it would be a shame not to reference him in some way - maybe she'll ask the writer to make him the main character in another book!

• Like 1

Btw, so much has been happening this week both in personal life and drama blogging life (with other actors and series I like/follow) that I haven't had a chance to do the usual BTS translations yet - hoping for some time tomorrow. Also I got side tracked into translating Simon & Marcus at their concert! Speaking of which loving this pic that Marcus just put up of them 2. So pretty.

jbXRbhd.jpg

Also this one. Haha, it's cute that they're hanging out.

VFu9kji.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JenL said:

I agree with this- when they were living in the same house, I felt like there would have been many experiences that would have eventually connected AR & XE together. But it was cut short too soon? Even in the office XE doesn't really work with him, so it seems like they don't have as much interaction, so the jumps in feelings were unnatural for me in a storytelling perspective. 

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what happens when XE has to choose between AR and TX! While I do feel bad for TX, I don't think I've been attached to him that much to be honest because we only got a glimpse of him before he turned into AR. I think I've been caring for the story world characters more throughout the drama (Hahaha definately QF at least!). But there's a sense of curiosity as to what TX is like and how he'll be connected to XE in the real world too.

@Usaheaven Haha, I wonder if QF will turn up in the real world now - sometimes when an actor keeps denying something will happen, it actually happens! But it could also be the truth that he doesn't as well since Simon looks like he's been keeping busy with other projects too. I really can't tell! >.< The writers definitely underestimated QF charms! And Yes!! A lot of my Twitter convos about Lost Romance have been people saying the scenes were hot, but they didn't buy into the romance, especially the cheesy confession at knife's point! It's not so great when you can see that the comparison is a more organic relationship developing with QF. I don't think I've ever read a serious romantic novel before (have read teen ones, but not those trashy Mills and Boon/ 50 shades type novels), but I feel like they probably would have these types of proposals in them -___-;; I'm personally weirded out by a proposal in this rushed timeline - it just seems like too much. And though I like XE, if she accepts, I think I would feel like this is her fantasies in an unhealthy overdrive. In the last few episodes I find that I like XE, but I like her less when she's fretting about AR. I totally have a QF bias, but even if I didn't, I would still find it a bit irritating that she cries over AR so much, and she gets so doe-eyed over him rescuing her one time...and it doesn't help that AR & XE's lines tend to be more overbearingly mushy than QF & XE's lines, which seem more reflective of how people who actually date might banter. QF withdrawl is a real thing! I think XE will miss him, it would be a shame not to reference him in some way - maybe she'll ask the writer to make him the main character in another book!

@JenL  Yes I think they definitely cut the living together part way too soon. It would so help their relationship. Oh yes I so am weird out because even in totally cheesy romance novels I feel like they would have still a bit more development than we have here before they hit the proposal stage. This is a bit way too rushed. I agree that if XE does accept then she really would consider this the fantasy world and not really real? Because their relationship would not work in the real world.  I just with AR have more character development than he has doesn't seem like overall his character changed. 

I really do hope in the real world he does get referenced. It still is so weird for me to think the second lead role is already over so soon?  I don't think I have seen the role cut so short before?  Unless you count that show Rain did where they extended and cdrama but the he wasn't able to film lol so he didn't exist for 20 eps lol and he was the ML.  And yes I would hope QF could be a main in another book.  Or convince the writer to give QF a happier ending?

I do love the Marcus  and Simon bromance.  I really do love that they are so close and they hang out together offset. I hope to continue seeing that after the drama is all done. I hope they do another drama together in the future lol. 

• Like 1