[Taiwanese Drama 2020] Lost Romance 浪漫輸給你

0ly40

On 9/19/2020 at 2:16 PM, Slyphykougn said:

Love reading everyone’s comments after every episode!  I really enjoyed watching the live...for some reason it was easier to understand than the BTS videos where I only understand about 15% of what is happening...and I REALLY appreciated @JenL’s subbing and links in the comments to subbing for it!  Simon is definitely the life of the party with his constant joking, and I think it’s hilarious how they were saying that he’s the focus of all the BTSs, even the ones for scenes he’s not in, because he comes with drinks for all the filming crew :P. And that now Marcus and Vivian know to hang around him if they want to show up in the BTS!  Haha.

@Slyphykougn Thanks for the appreciation :) I also found this Live easier to understand than most of the BTS video too, haha. I would say it's because they were talking more directly about the show, but also answering questions as opposed to making in-jokes, where they might use more slang and idioms and names of things/people not related to the show. And I agree, Simon is the life of the party with his super talkative nature XD

On 9/19/2020 at 2:16 PM, Slyphykougn said:

I am looking forward to the next episode!  So glad for all the plot and interesting developments in this last ep.  I started to doubt this show with the episode with the fire/fight/romance (was that episode...14?) because it was so unbelievable how everything progressed, and so contrived how the luring of XE happened.  I know, I know, I’m supposed to accept it because it’s from the romance book world, but it just made the AO/XE getting together not as satisfying, you know?  I hope that they are able to develop the XE/TX relationship more satisfyingly, though not sure how that can happen given the crazy situation.

Looking forward to seeing how QF appears eventually!  It looks like the preview for next week shows them looking for books where he appears?  How can they tell them...by name?...does he have the same name in each book?  Because the books have hand drawn characters and I would assume are not exactly drawn like the real-life people.

I agree with you so much...towards that bit in the middle, I was starting to feel unsatisfied. It felt like they literally abandoned telling a good story because they wanted to put in all these overly-dramatic events like a kidnap and then a wedding. I liked that the story pacing was fast and exciting for awhile, but events escalated too quickly from the kidnap to an actual wedding, and when they were slower, they weren't thoughtful, just more filler and product placementy. It was a bit overblown. I have yet to write about the new episode, but I'm liking Tian Xing a lot already - his character is making Marcus look more attractive in this series and I found his questioning of romance novel tropes so funny! 

Yep, wondering Qing Feng will turn up in person! It's good that Xiao En is still looking after him now that she's back in the real world. By the looks of it, she was searching for his character using his name (even though his name changes, one Chinese character still remains the same "Qing" - that's how she guesses it's him.

On 9/21/2020 at 10:23 AM, Usaheaven said:

Hide contents

Now at least now XE knows that QF likes her but as she said at this point it was way to late for her to know as she already made the decision so I didn't expect anything to come of it. Even if it breaks my heart. @JenL knows what I mean. But if QF told her earlier maybe just maybe  she wasn't in it so deep it would make a difference. 

So sad that there is no QF but at the same time he is mentioned and I do love that XE is trying really hard to help him get his happy ending. That even if in reality she doesn't have one that she wants him to have one. 

So happy she found the author and like yells at him for doing that to Ah Ching. 

So many thoughts I have to share, but I'll write up my thoughts later. But to answer - yep, I'm so glad she found out even though she didn't hear it from him but from her friend and from reading the book. Yep, this was the first ep back with no QF at all! Sadddd! But I'm glad Simon was in the BTS and yes, I did see the Insta story with Vivian and Simon playing that game...so cute! Storywise, I'm glad XE is still trying to help him in the real world...since the preview shows she finds his author, it looks like he'll be getting some justice!

• Awesome 1

Thoughts for Ep 16

First Episode with no QF after leaving the novel world (except as a mention), and while I was super sad without him @Usaheaven, I found the episode surprisingly ok. I think it's because the family drama as pretty good and I'm finding TX to be a breath of fresh air after AR and I'm glad that XE is focused on helping QF. While I'd rather QF be  in the drama than not, I found that the things I just mentioned help to balance out this missing element, as well as balance out the more filler parts of the story this week. Also, shallow point, but this week was the first time I liked one of XE's outfits - that layed knit and skirt was actually nice (at least wayyy better than what she has been wearing previously).

I'm glad they have incorporated QF in to the story, even if just by name. I like that XE found out that he liked her, though I wish she had heard it from him personally. But yeah, a part of me was worried that he'd exist in the real world and she'd make him jog TX's memory - that would have been terribly unfair. But I like the direction of the story at the moment - Even though XE misses AR, she's not needy and trying to find her way back into the fiction world, she's focused on helping QF find his happy ending (looks like from the preview, the author never finished the book/ changed the story?) and trying to accept her reality (which will give her a chance to be with TX). I hope QF will actually feature in some scenes, even if it's just her reading the story and QF is on screen as part of the story being shown visually. At least Simon was still in the Behind the Scenes featurette!

The Family Angst was the best part of the show this week. I have to say this was the first time I actually felt sorry for MingLi, even though you find out that she is actually directly responsible for killing TX's mum and he knew about it all along! I felt sorry that she had to suffer from her dad's affair and understand why she'd hate TX's mum...I think it's pretty normal for a child of an affair to harbour that anger. I also feel that the dad who everyone seems to love and forgive, is the stereotype of the rich guy who behaves badly and gets away with it - I mean, his actions pretty much hurt every individual in the family, but the blame is pinned on TX's mum instead. Takes 2 to have an affair and the person with the family is the more guilty one, is all I can say.

I really liked the ironies: That TX was the first to visit MingLi and get her mum to help her, that TX was always helping the father to look after her funds, that MingLi was always so angry at TX because of his mum, but even her own mum has decided to let the past go. There's a lot of hurt in this family, but I'm sensing a redemption arc to resolve this.

By the way TX this week was the first time I found Marcus to be attractive in character this drama. I think there were several scenes: the scene where he showed himself to be the bigger person in dealing with MingLi, his very reasonable and smart questioning of things, like how he's trying to figure out XE and his questioning of romance books - I laughed when he was talking about kissing after you get up in the morning and then he was like, "But do they brush their teeth?!" Also he leaves his lights on at night, so I guess he obviously is afraid of the dark in some way, so there's the AR in him.

• Like 2

New preview for Episode 17 happens at 3:39 in the video below, if you're looking for it.

Interview with Vivian + New Preview for Episode 17 (English Subbed)

Longer Version of New Preview for Episode 17 (English Subbed)

• Like 1

Just finished Episode 16 and really enjoyed it!  Episode 16 notes below so please skip if you haven’t seen, but I figure by now everyone has seen since it came out Sunday?  I have to wait until the Eng subs are up on Viki :) 

I was so sad for XiaoEn at the coffee shop, dealing with her own sadness and trying to adjust to regular life again, and hyper aware of having nothing to do with TianXing in this world.  Is the show trying to tell us that XiaoEn will have to find that courage to go after TianXing just like in the storybook, as ChunTian suggests?  Or will TianXing go after her this time, with his interest in her?  

I thought it was interesting how XiaoEn spent a good portion of the show chasing after QingFeng to no avail, and not thinking about TianXing.  Maybe the best way to get the lost romance out of her mind?  But so sweetly crazy, just like that feeling after a relationship ends and you’re hit with unexpected waves of remembering, when she bought all those Snuggle diffusers.  I didn’t even mind the product placement here, because it’s true, smell plays such a big part.  Laundry detergent, how someone’s house or clothes or hair smell, etc.

Hoping that MingLi and TianXing do reconcile and forgive each other.  I couldn’t tell exactly from the clip, but was MingLi actually trying to kill TianXing?  Or was it an accident?  But why did she hold TianXing back then?  Hoping for a redemptive arc for her, or at least some closure for her and TX.  Not sure if I’m hoping for one for psycho clueless brother, though. I can’t wait for Uncle Wu to get exposed!!  Good for TX already figuring it out.  I agree, TX’s character is much more interesting and likeable than AoRan, though darker and more conflicted as well.

That last longer preview with ChuChu made me go OH NO!!!  We have enough problems without a real-life ChuChu!!  Will TX and CC think it’s crazy that XE knows her name?

• Like 2

Yeah !! Watched finally till the latest episode. Atleast TX has more backstory and more depth.

Minglis character redemption arc is quite good. Again I wanted a scene between her and Assistant talking about real life or so but God knows I won't get it. I like The Assistants build and voice . 

I liked XiaoEn being determined to give QF a good ending. Like she for the better part of episode was focussed on QF entirely. 

That restaurant mirror scene though. Trust Xiao En to turn situation comical and serious at the same time

• Like 1

Hi guys! The story has become more interesting now that they are back in the real world. I like TX better than AO (but I like QF more bha ha ha ha). I feel for XiaoEn. It must hurt seeing and interacting with the one you love constantly and yet he does not remember her.  So many thoughts that goes in her mind but could not voice them out. I can see her sadness and frustrations and yet she still could make things feel less stressful and awkward by adding a comic twist to life.  Her focusing on QF's story instead is something I liked as QF definitely deserved that . He may not be on the next few episodes (which makes me a bit sad)  but I am still happy that they are giving him a good ending.  I like it that XiaoEn's best friend also knows the story that happened in the novel world. At least XiaoEn have someone whom she can talk to and not think of her as one crazy woman. 

And that last clip @Anjali Punia , I wanted QF to appear not Chuchu ha ha ha 

We are on ep 16 going on 17... omg 3 more episodes before story ends.  I hope it does not make us viewers feel rushed or leave the story hanging just so it ends. lol   I wish that in the next few episodes left, they focus more on catching the culprit, getting XiaoEn and TX closer and getting to know each other more (with TX remembering more of the novel world probably and No more Chuchu please!!!!) and lastly, giving a great ending for QF and giving us a preview of him with another XiaoEn look alike as his bride. At least we all are happy as XiaoEn ends up with both male leads ha ha ha ...   

• Insightful 1

On 9/24/2020 at 2:32 PM, Slyphykougn said:

I thought it was interesting how XiaoEn spent a good portion of the show chasing after QingFeng to no avail, and not thinking about TianXing.  Maybe the best way to get the lost romance out of her mind?  But so sweetly crazy, just like that feeling after a relationship ends and you’re hit with unexpected waves of remembering, when she bought all those Snuggle diffusers.  I didn’t even mind the product placement here, because it’s true, smell plays such a big part.  Laundry detergent, how someone’s house or clothes or hair smell, etc.

Hoping that MingLi and TianXing do reconcile and forgive each other.  I couldn’t tell exactly from the clip, but was MingLi actually trying to kill TianXing?  Or was it an accident?  But why did she hold TianXing back then?  Hoping for a redemptive arc for her, or at least some closure for her and TX.  Not sure if I’m hoping for one for psycho clueless brother, though. I can’t wait for Uncle Wu to get exposed!!  Good for TX already figuring it out.  I agree, TX’s character is much more interesting and likeable than AoRan, though darker and more conflicted as well.

That last longer preview with ChuChu made me go OH NO!!!  We have enough problems without a real-life ChuChu!!  Will TX and CC think it’s crazy that XE knows her name?

@Slyphykougn I think we share a lot of similar thoughts :) I think you mean that XE spent a lot of time chasing after Aoran rather than Qing Feng (haha, I think she ignored a lot of Qing Feng chasing after her!) But yes, it's weird that she focused on Aoran rather than her initial crush Tian Xing - I suppose it was just the chance for her to live out her dreams which she thought would be impossible in real life. Haha, the product placement does annoy me, but yeah, this one with the scent made sense at least I guess (Also I think SETTV dramas look better aesthetically because they do accept product placement money). I would really like to see MingLi and Tian Xing forgive each other...actually all the siblings should forgive each other, even the brother....but more satisfying if they've been punished in some way for their actions. The MingLi clip - if you're talking about the bit by the river, I haven't rewatched with subs yet, but feels like she was just trying to hurt/ scare the mum, but not kill her. So it was an accident. But yes, waiting for Uncle Hu's reveal. Hoping real life Chu Chu is not a psycho...It'd be nice if she could maybe help Tian Jian to find his humanity again - after all Chu Chu and the brother did have some interactions at the start.

16 hours ago, Anjali Punia said:

Yeah !! Watched finally till the latest episode. Atleast TX has more backstory and more depth.

Minglis character redemption arc is quite good. Again I wanted a scene between her and Assistant talking about real life or so but God knows I won't get it. I like The Assistants build and voice . 

I liked XiaoEn being determined to give QF a good ending. Like she for the better part of episode was focussed on QF entirely. 

@Anjali Punia Agreed with all your points. Tian Xing is much more interesting than Aoran. And definitely really glad her character is focusing on helping Qing Feng have a happy ending rather than trying to find her way back to Aoran. It looks like she'll make some good developments with Tian Xing next week anyway.

15 hours ago, VanellopeVS2020 said:

Hi guys! The story has become more interesting now that they are back in the real world. I like TX better than AO (but I like QF more bha ha ha ha). I feel for XiaoEn. It must hurt seeing and interacting with the one you love constantly and yet he does not remember her.  So many thoughts that goes in her mind but could not voice them out. I can see her sadness and frustrations and yet she still could make things feel less stressful and awkward by adding a comic twist to life.  Her focusing on QF's story instead is something I liked as QF definitely deserved that . He may not be on the next few episodes (which makes me a bit sad)  but I am still happy that they are giving him a good ending.  I like it that XiaoEn's best friend also knows the story that happened in the novel world. At least XiaoEn have someone whom she can talk to and not think of her as one crazy woman. 

And that last clip @Anjali Punia , I wanted QF to appear not Chuchu ha ha ha 

We are on ep 16 going on 17... omg 3 more episodes before story ends.  I hope it does not make us viewers feel rushed or leave the story hanging just so it ends. lol   I wish that in the next few episodes left, they focus more on catching the culprit, getting XiaoEn and TX closer and getting to know each other more (with TX remembering more of the novel world probably and No more Chuchu please!!!!) and lastly, giving a great ending for QF and giving us a preview of him with another XiaoEn look alike as his bride. At least we all are happy as XiaoEn ends up with both male leads ha ha ha ...   

@VanellopeVS2020 Agree with all your points too! Qing Feng is #1 in my eyes, but I like Tian Xing a lot more than Aoran. Yep, definitely glad Xiao En didn't forget Qing Feng's care towards her and is repaying it back by helping him find his happy ending. I'm hoping he will appear visually in some way, but glad Simon is still featured in the Behind the Scenes. I like that the plot twist gave him an opportunity to have a happy ending. Haha, it would be nice with his first love was like a version of Xiao En - I didn't translate this in the Live video I put up, but Vivian said it wasn't her in that costume (as Qing Chen's love)...but I'm not sure if she's just trying to throw us off from guessing the real ending (and it's actually a version of XE) or if they're going to bring in a cameo actress. As long as it's not a version of Chu Chu, I'll be good (But yea, best case scenario would be everyone gets Xiao En XD)....I was also hoping it would be Qing Feng appearing and not Chu Chu in the real world! 

They must almost be finished shooting the drama to be honest, because it seems like they were 2-3 episodes ahead all the time! So sad that it's finishing, but I'm looking forward to the wrap up party. And while I'll really really miss Simon, Qing Feng and this crew, I'm interested in the drama taking over from this The Devil's Punisher with Mike He and Ivy Shao (Marcus' ex and good friend). I'll probably start some threads on Soompi and other forums, so feel free to join me there if you are too!

• Like 1

@JenL @VanellopeVS2020 Totally agree about liking TX more than Aoran.  I am super happy that XE is trying to get QF is happy ending. I totally wished it was a version of XE too but I'm okay as its not Chuchu as well. Its getting close the end so I'm kind of like just waiting to see how they tie up all the loose ends and I do help the siblings all forgive each other and figure out the uncles behind it all.

I love that Simon is in all the BTS but I do think it is because he is so fun that they like to film him. 

@JenL I am definitely looking forward the show after this.  I do like both Mike He and Ivy Shao so will see him there. 

@Ayame Thanks for posting. 

• Like 2

@Ayame Thanks for posting that.

We have to agree no matter how evil Mingli is her parents did her bad. And I don't think anyone apart from Kelly could have pulled that evil yet extremely vulnerable vibe. Her wardrobe stylist also has to be commended. 

It's quite obvious that Mingli is not specifically after the company as much as she wishes acceptance from her parents. 

I think the mother is here at fault for totally being a doormat and expecting the daughter to follow the suit. 

My heart actually broke watching the interview. Kelly really did immerse herself completely in Mingli's role. Apart from QF I really look forward to her scenes

• Like 1

Episode 17 Clip + Episode 18 Preview (Ver. 1)

English Translation (credit to skittleyrealm 279):

Spoiler

0:00 - 1:21
Xiao En: I’ve found it!
Tian Xing: This is the lantern you lit?
Xiao En: That’s right.
Tian Xing: Then... why does it have my name on it?
Zheng Xiao En, who exactly are you?
Who exactly are you? Why does the lantern have my name on it? Why do you keep appearing in front of me?
Xiao En: I... Who else can I be? I am the Zheng Xiao En who works at a publishing house.

1:22 - 2:28
Xiao En: Thank you for accepting our interview. I will definitely do my best and let both of us...
Why are you reading these books?
Tian Xing: As the saying goes, “Know yourself and know your enemy, and in every battle you will be victorious”.
Xiao En: Yes, yes. It’s an honour to be considered your enemy (someone worth competing against).
Tian Xing: Having a thorough understanding is necessary to strategise and get your target.
(Flashback) Xiao En: Strictly speaking, he’s not considered the person in my heart. He’s considered a target for me to get.
Tian Xing: Isn’t that how it’s said?
Xiao En: You’ve read the books?
Tian Xing: I’ve read a few of them. They’re... quite interesting.
Xiao En: Are these books the ones you’ve read?
Tian Xing: These are the ones I still haven’t read.

2:29 - 3:54
Tian Xing: Zheng Xiao En. How old are you this year?
Xiao En: Huh?
Tian Xing: In order to get to know another person, you have to start from the basic information.
Xiao En: I’m 28 years old. Then what about you?
Tian Xing: 32.
Xiao En: Then on the Internet, it’s said that you’ve gone on dates with a mixed race female model...
Tian Xing: One question in exchange for another question.
Xiao En: I haven’t asked.
Tian Xing: You’ve asked. You asked me how old I was.
My turn. How long have you worked at your current company?
Xiao En: 6 years. Then... on the Internet, it’s said that you’ve gone on dates with a mixed race female model. Is that the type of girl you like?
Tian Xing: Do you think the things on the Internet can be believed?
Xiao En: No.
Tian Xing: My turn. What is the most miraculous thing that has ever happened to you?
Xiao En: Wait. Did you answer the question I asked you just now?
Tian Xing: I asked you whether the things on the Internet can be believed. You said no. You haven’t answered my question. The most miraculous thing.
Xiao En (thinking to herself): Meeting Situ Aoran and you.

3:55 - 4:34
Tian Xing: What’s the first thing that came to your mind when you saw me for the first time?
Xiao En: Handsome!
Tian Xing: Will thinking that the other person is handsome, cause you to hug the person and cry?
(Flashback) Xiao En: I’ve finally found you. I’ve finally found you.

4:35 - 5:19
Tian Xing: I have a type of feeling. You and I...
Chu Chu: CEO!
Xiao En: Chu Chu?
Chu Chu: I’ve finally met you. She is...
Xiao En: I’ll go first. See you tomorrow.
Tian Xing: See you tomorrow.
Chu Chu: I’ve been really worried for you. But previously at the hospital, Shan Na have not let me in to see you.

5:20 - 5:59
Chu Chu: Does our previous deal still count?
(Flashback) Tian Xing: Didn’t I tell you that today is my dead mom’s birthday?
Shan Na: The chairman arranged a very important conference. If you’re not present, the chairman, who is closer to He Ming Li and He Tian Jian, won’t let you hear the end of it.
Tian Xing: Get out!
Shan Na: Tian Xing!
Tian Xing: You go out first. Give me some alone time.

6:00 - 7:38
(Flashback) Chu Chu: CEO.
Tian Xing: You are... from the secretary’s room? Why are you crying?
Chu Chu: Yesterday... my dad passed away.
Tian Xing: Since your dad passed away, why didn’t you ask for leave?
Chu Chu: I didn’t dare to.
Tian Xing (on the phone): Shan Na, help Ling Chu Chu arrange for a week’s leave.
Chu Chu: Last time, my dad often said he’ll bring me to see the sunrise. But every time, we didn’t manage to go because of his work. Every time he’ll say that next time, we’ll definitely go. I never thought that there will never be a next time.
Tian Xing: Life is like that. For some people, even when you want to celebrate her birthday with her, you won’t ever have a chance to do so.
Chu Chu: Next time, let’s go and see the sunrise together.
Sorry, I just feel that you also really need to see the sunrise.
Tian Xing: If there’s a chance, let’s go together.

7:39 - 8:12
Chu Chu: Since you suddenly had an accident, I was just wondering if our deal still counts.
I know. I don’t mean right now. Things are different now. A lot of things have happened. I just wanted to confirm, are you still the person who encourages and protects me? It’s not the CEO of Tianliang group, it’s just He Tian Xing.

8:13 - 8:58
EP18 preview
Chu Chu: CEO, if I win, can I make a wish and request for a pair of cufflinks that you’ve used frequently?
Xiao En: Seeing live streamers compete through a screen, yet I don’t even have a right to donate. (Implying that she can see, but cannot do anything to change the situation). I’m just an outsider.
Tian Xing: Why did you break our appointment? I believed in you, yet in the end you fled in the face of danger. If you are this irresponsible, I’m very disappointed.
Xiao En: Last time, I felt that we are people from different worlds. But the more I get to know you, the more I think that you are actually not that unattainable.
Tian Xing: Didn’t I say before? As long as I reach out, I can touch you.

Episode 18 Preview (Ver. 2) (English Subbed)

Other clips from Episode 17 + BTS:

Spoiler

Spoiler

0:00 - 0:47
Xiao En: Actually the information that people should know about you can be obtained from the news and magazines. Since that’s the case, should we change to a more interesting way or...
Tian Xing: A slightly more... private topic
Xiao En: Yes.
Tian Xing: It’s not that it’s not possible. But I have a condition.
Xiao En: What condition?
Tian Xing: If you ask me a question, then you’ll have to answer a question of mine.
Tian Xing: If that’s not possible, then we’ll just keep it professional.
Xiao En: I can. I can. Don’t say that this is a problem. Even if you ask me not to eat ice for the whole summer, that’s not a problem. Bring it on.

0:48 - 2:16
Tian Xing: Okay. I’ll start first then. Zheng Xiao En. How old are you this year?
Tian Xing: In order to get to know another person, you have to start from the basic information.
Xiao En: I’m 28 years old. Then what about you?
Tian Xing: 32.
Xiao En: Then on the Internet, it’s said that you’ve gone on dates with a mixed race female model...
Tian Xing: One question in exchange for another question.
Xiao En: I haven’t asked.
Tian Xing: You’ve asked. You asked me how old I am.
My turn. How long have you worked at your current company?
Xiao En: 6 years. Then you... On the Internet, it’s said that you’ve gone on dates with a mixed race female model. Is that the type of girl you like?
Tian Xing: Do you think the things on the Internet can be believed?
Xiao En: No.
Tian Xing: My turn. What is the most miraculous thing that has ever happened to you?
Xiao En: Wait. Did you answer the question I asked you just now?
Tian Xing: I asked you whether the things on the Internet can be believed. You said no. You haven’t answered my question. The most miraculous thing.
Xiao En (thinking to herself): Meeting Situ Aoran and you.

2:17 - 2:48
Xiao En: One day, I was on the road and saw a snatch theft. In broad daylight, he forcibly pulled off the necklace on an old lady. I thought it was very scary.
My turn. If a mixed race female model is not your type, have you ever thought about what type of girl can attract your attention?
Tian Xing: No.
Xiao En (thinking to herself): I’ve asked a question that’s too conservative?

2:49 - 4:11
Tian Xing: My turn. When you saw me for the first time, what’s the first thought that came to your mind?
Xiao En: Handsome!
Tian Xing: I’m talking about after I woke up...
Xiao En: Eh... You’ve already asked a question. It’s my turn. You have to describe in detail the appearance of the ideal girl in your eyes.
Xiao En (thinking to herself): Now you’ll have to describe it at length.
Tian Xing: I guess when I interact with her, she’s able to make me feel comfortable.
Xiao En: That’s it?
Tian Xing: That’s it.
After I woke up and you saw me for the first time, what’s the first thought that came to your mind?
Xiao En: Really handsome.
Tian Xing: That’s not it.
Xiao En: It is.
Tian Xing: Will thinking that the other person is handsome, cause you to hug the person and cry?

3:54 - 4:11
(Flashback) Xiao En: I’ve finally found you. I’ve finally found you.

4:12 - 4:51
Xiao En: You’ve already asked two questions. It’s my turn. Everyone knows that your family composition is quite complicated. Has such a background affected you?
Tian Xing: Of course there’s an effect.
Xiao En: That is...
Tian Xing: No one can choose which family they’re born into. Regarding my parents, I’m not able to provide any additional information. The only thing I can do is to continuously try my best and run forward. In the current environment, I have to try my best, work hard and use an even better result to prove myself.

4:52 - 5:25
(Flashback) Ao Ran: You also said that he’s an illegitimate son. Even though the resources provided by his family aren’t too bad, but his brother and sister will definitely be better off. His mom won’t give him a lot of help. His father values him only because he has the ability. His life only has value when he stays on top. Isn’t that tragic? Maybe being in a coma allowed him to truly be himself for once.

5:26 - 6:13
Xiao En: If you could choose, would you want to wake up?
Tian Xing: What kind of question is that?
Xiao En: You said it yourself. When it’s raining, you have to behave like an adult. When it’s sunny, you have to behave like a child. By continuously working hard, doesn’t it mean that you think that you are always in the rain? If your life only has value when you stay on top, if all your goals are for other people, then what meaning does your own existence have?

6:14 - 7:20
Tian Xing: You asked an extra question again. Why don’t you tell me about your family situation?
Xiao En: My family situation? It’s very simple. My family has one member. Me.
Tian Xing: What do you mean?
Xiao En: I don’t have a dad or mom. I also don’t have any siblings.
I’m not lying. I was abandoned at a park. Since young, I grew up in an orphanage
Tian Xing: Which orphanage?
Xiao En: Yong Xin Yuan. But now it no longer exists. It closed down.
Tian Xing: I really... can’t tell.
Xiao En: Of course. This is not a matter worth publicising. If it were you, would you like it if everyone used sympathetic or awkward expressions to look at you?
Tian Xing: Indeed, I wouldn’t like it.

7:21 - 7:40
Xiao En: Wait a moment. Who should be the one asking the next question? I’m confused.
Tian Xing: I think it’s me.
Xiao En: That can’t be. You asked me about my family situation just now.
Tian Xing: But you also asked me if I would like everyone looking at me with sympathetic expressions.
Xiao En: That also counts as a question?
Tian Xing: Yes.

7:41 - 8:25
EP18 preview
Chu Chu: CEO, if I win, can I make a wish and request for a pair of cufflinks that you’ve used frequently?
Xiao En: Seeing live streamers compete through a screen, yet I don’t even have a right to donate. (Implying that she can see, but cannot do anything to change the situation). I’m an outsider through and through.
Tian Xing: Why did you break our appointment? I believed in you, yet in the end you fled in the face of danger. If you are this irresponsible, I’m very disappointed.
Xiao En: Last time, I felt that we are people from different worlds. But the more I get to know you, the more I think that you are actually not that unattainable.
Tian Xing: Didn’t I say before? As long as I reach out with my hand, I can touch you.

-----

------

Spoiler

0:00 - 00:36
Xiao En: You’re called Cheng Qing? Which Cheng? Which Qing?
Cheng Qing: C-H-E-N-G Q-I-N-G.
Xiao En: What’s the male lead in the book called? What’s the female lead called? Say it!
Cheng Qing: The male lead is called Chen Qing. The female lead is called Liu Mu Shuang.

00:37 - 1:44
Xiao En: Can I have a look?
Cheng Qing: It’s up to you.
Letter: Xiao Shuang, I’ve reached Malacca today. When I disembarked the ship, the sea breeze blowing towards me was boiling hot because of the Sun’s heat. It’s hard to believe, right?
Since our cruise ship had practically no military equipment, the crew were all very anxious at that moment. The commotion also woke me up from my sleep.

1:45 - 3:07
Cheng Qing: Last time, I was an engineer of a merchant ship. Xiao Shuang was my childhood sweetheart and first love. We grew up together. Since I spent a long time in the ship, I started writing letters to her. I wanted to tell her about the places I’ve been to and the sights I’ve seen.
Xiao En: Then these letters...
Cheng Qing: I didn’t send them. After all, when I left, I didn’t even have the courage to tell her to wait for me. The novel was written based on these love letters. Every place Chen Qing has been to was a risky adventure. After overcoming these difficulties, he’ll be able to see Liu Mu Shuang. It’s just like how I can... I can pluck up the courage to send these letters to Xiao Shuang, so that she’ll know about my feelings. I know that I’m not a brave person.

3:08 - 4:12
Xiao En: Since that’s the case, why didn’t you finish writing it?
Cheng Qing: I’ve put all my blood, sweat and tears into this book. Initially, when I finished writing, I planned to give the book to Xiao Shuang and confess my feelings to her. But... I never thought that when I wrote the last chapter...
Xiao En: Was it when the male lead stepped into the cruise ship for the return trip?
Cheng Qing: That’s right. How did you know?
Anyway, I received the news. Xiao Shuang became engaged to the mayor’s son.
Xiao En: So you stopped writing it?
Cheng Qing: Yes. I burned the original manuscript.
Xiao En: Burned it?

4:13 - 5:00
Qing Feng: Eventually, Chen Qing found Liu Mu Shuang. The two of them made plans to go back to their home country together. The moment they stepped onto the cruise ship, flames dyed the entire skyline red. Everything in front of their eyes seemed to be burning up.

5:01 - 5:58
Xiao En: You’re really too irresponsible. Your heartbreak is one matter. What did Chen Qing in the book do wrong? You’ve already reached the last chapter. Why can’t you write finish writing properly and give him an ending? Why is it that you’re not happy, then you let Chen Qing be unhappy as well?
Cheng Qing: I couldn’t bear to continue writing. This book is my love letter. The love letter lost its recipient. What’s the point if I continue writing?
Xiao En: Sir, you’re left with the last chapter!
Sir, listen to me. Finish writing the book and publish it. Earn a sum of money, then buy the ship. Show off to Xiao Shuang.
Cheng Qing: I don’t want to show off to Xiao Shuang. I want her to be happy.
Xiao En: That’s right. Since you haven’t finished writing, then there’s a chance for it to become a happy ending.

5:59 - 6:27
Xiao En: I’m begging you to write it properly. Let Chen Qing get his happiness. Our publishing house will definitely help you to publish this book.

------

Edited by Ayame
Added translations to most of the videos.
  • Like 3

Did anyone else feel like this week's episode was a bit lacklustre? I liked finding out about QF and confirming this flames. The fact that XE got justice for QF by having his story finished and published (even though it's more of a boy's story) was great. And I like that she's slowly building rapport with TX in a realistic and optimistically cautious way. But again editing/ drama pacing was off - it was such a slow episode and felt like a filler? It'd be good to have some aspects of the brother/ Uncle Hu scenes interwoven into the this week's story. We still don't know what's happening with his brother and surely now that they know TX is back they wouldn't just let him rest?? The other thing that I found less be believable was that Chu Chu's name in the real world is also Chu Chu?? Like how would that author have known that...it's such a small thing, but I wish the real life Chu Chu would have a different name and personality. Also first episode in a long time with no QF appearing, but also no Simon in the BTS. Sad, sad! 

• Like 1

So someone took photos of the book ending in Lost Romance and it seems that in the book (and keep in mind the books' endings are often nothing like the drama's - it's just another way to earn money by teasing fans) XE doesn't end up with TX. It's more realistic. She actually ends up with the writer (not sure if it's QF's story or the story she was in 'CEO, You're So Naughty') and TX ends up being CEO and putting TJ in jail. But highly doubt that this would happen in the drama since Marcus is cast as lead and the writers are either female or older looking male and she's already shown to be bonding with TX.

If you can read Chinese, please translate XD :

http://weibointl.api.weibo.com/share/174751881.html?weibo_id=4553792797803490

(I can translate videos, but I have poor understanding of the written words)

There's a summarized translation here: 

hBhCrcl.jpg

@Usaheaven @VanellopeVS2020 Someone told me that apparently in the book, the writer she ends up with looks exactly like Qing Feng, so I guess she ends up with QF in the novel! According to person I was chatting to on Twitter....(Ironically, I find the novel ending to be the happy ending XD):

IZiWlTo.jpg

• Like 3

@JenL Thanks for sharing the last pages of the book as well as the summary. Greatly appreciated!  

@Usaheaven @JenL I too liked getting to know more of QF's character . QF is an important person (or character) in XE's life and that is why she made sure QF will not be alone anymore and not move from one novel to another to find "the one".  I liked that a lot.  I agree with you totally @JenL about episode 16 being a bit slow paced.  As I have mentioned previously, we are already in episode 16 and we only have a few more to go before the ending.  I hope they would make the last few episodes more interesting and has more meaning so we can understand each character in the story. I still have to understand why Uncle is behaving the way he is, is he just hungry for money? is there a real reason behind all his evil actions, hope to see healing in the family, show more of AO in TX so that XE can get closer faster ...  I don't see how XE can "fall in love" with TX so easily if TX does not appear to be AO in the novel world with just a few episodes left.  But don't get me wrong, I like it that TX is interested in XE and they seem to hit it off as shown in the previews for episode 17,  but then how can XE fall in love with someone that is not AO that fast with only 3 episodes left?  Unless they make it appear like a few months or years had passed concept lol.   I would hate for the viewers to end up with an ending that is rushed or ending that looked like a  bad cliff hanger.  lol

I spilled my coffee after reading the first sentence. 

" According to the novel, the writer looks like the same as Qingfeng, which is not the same in TV drama. "

I don't really mind that Chu chu in novel world has the same name and attitude as the Chu chu in the real world.  A little weird but it's fine I guess. What I do mind is that Chu chu is in the real world and QF is not!!!... I know I know... I'm like a broken record about Chu chu but things would have been more interesting if it was QF that appeared in the real world and not Chu chu.  At least, they should have made the writer look like QF.  My reason behind this is because first off, they already killed Chu chu's character in the novel world. Why bring her back??!!! Really??  With XE already knowing that QF indeed is in love with her in the real novel world ... it would be a fair game for both TX and QF if it appears that TX is indeed not AO and QF can remember XE from the novel world. lol ha ha ha you can tell I really like QF.   I didn't really like scenes with Chu chu because we already saw similar scenes of Chu chu trying to attract the CEO in the novel world. I don't want to waste last few episodes to see the same love triangle scenes. I would have added scenes that would give viewers more explanation on who, what, why on characters to give us a better understanding on the story itself.  I wouldn't mind more scenes between TX and XE with TX showing some signs that he remembers XE from the novel world, that way their supposedly love for each other will be more believable... like a continuation of some sort from the novel world.  Maybe some scenes showing QF happy with his sweetheart finally in another novel world. Some funny clips of XE's friend and TX bodyguard, TX's sister and her bodyguard... ha ha ha so much possibilities so little time. lol 

It is amazing how we can see previews of what to expect in the next episodes... ha ha ha it is killing me to wait for like 2 weeks because you already saw a previews of not just what is showing on next week but the week after that as well... ha ha ha ... ohhhh the wait is a killer!!! 

Happy ending to me is actually AO, TX and QF not ending up with Chu Chu ... period! lol 

• Like 2

@JenL  Thanks so much for posting the book ending. Actually I find that to be a happy ending too lol.  I also find the episode slow. I also do like that she is slowly getting to know TX. It is nice but I feel that its a bit too late still and the pacing is off. I am glad she was so very into helping QF get his happy ending. 

@VanellopeVS2020 I love QF too. Way too much.  Totally agree about it would have been more interesting for QF to be in the real world vs ChuChu. Also agree at this point if TX does not remember Aoran it wouldn't be as believable a romance since it is very likley that TX and XE end up together. I am resigned to that fact. But yes I really really do hope to see QF happy in a flash or something from the movel. I think I need that to know he is happy since they spent so much time showing us how great a character he is we have to see that he really gets a happy ending.  And like I also totally want to see the Uncle gets what he deserves and hopefully solves all the little questions in a not rushed way so it is satisfying ending for all.

@Ayame Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 2