[Taiwanese Drama 2020] Lost Romance 浪漫輸給你

0ly40

On 9/29/2020 at 7:49 PM, JenL said:

So someone took photos of the book ending in Lost Romance and it seems that in the book (and keep in mind the books' endings are often nothing like the drama's - it's just another way to earn money by teasing fans) XE doesn't end up with TX. It's more realistic. She actually ends up with the writer (not sure if it's QF's story or the story she was in 'CEO, You're So Naughty') and TX ends up being CEO and putting TJ in jail. But highly doubt that this would happen in the drama since Marcus is cast as lead and the writers are either female or older looking male and she's already shown to be bonding with TX.

If you can read Chinese, please translate XD :

http://weibointl.api.weibo.com/share/174751881.html?weibo_id=4553792797803490

Rough translation for the screenshots:

Spoiler

Situ Aoran said his wedding vow, followed by Zheng Xiao'en.
Right after "You may kiss the bride".....she woke up in the real world.

Chuntian was at her bedside when she woke up. The news on TV was about Tianxing waking up from coma. Apparently, both of them was unconscious for 2 months. 
Then, a guy who looks exactly like Qingfeng came into her room. Chuntian introduced him as Jiang Sheng (Johnson), author of CEO, You're So Naughty. Jiang Sheng and his sister are co-authors. Dongfang Meng is the corresponding author when they publish novels for women, and Jiang Sheng is the corresponding author when they publish novels for men. According to him, he was revising his manuscript for the novel 'CEO, You're So Naughty' as usual when suddenly he started having dreams about the novel's world since 2 months ago. He was Qingfeng in the dream. Coincidentally, he found out that his editor (Xiao'en) was in a coma. He said that he helped Chuntian to look after her since she has no family. Even though they only communicate through email and never met face to face before, he considered her as a friend.

After coming back to the real world, Xiao'en's memory/feelings of the novel's world started to fade away. She did consider about contacting Tianxing but she felt that the two of them were too far apart. Even if she managed to see him, she don't know what to say to him. 
Meanwhile, Jiang Sheng was always by her side when she went through rehab, so they got closer. FYI, Jiang Sheng is a shy otaku (that's why there's a story about maid cafe in the novel). She asked him whether he likes her, why he likes her. Then she told him that she likes him too. 

Later, Xiao'en went to the medical facility where Tianxing was having rehab. She requested to see him, saying that she has a video recording that can help him. He let her in and asked her why she want to meet him personally. She said because she wanted to ask him whether he remembers her. He said that he don't remember a lot of things because he was in a coma for quite some time. She gave him a memory card that has the video recording of what happened on the roof that day. He asked her why she only come forward now, why she want to give him the proof and what was her intention. That's when she realized, the distance between her and him was a whole universe.....She left without saying anything.
Dream...should wake up from it long ago.

Xiao'en heard the news about what happened to Tianliang Group. In her heart, she wished Tianxing well and said goodbye.

Xiao'en was happily in love with Jiang Sheng. The end.

I've never read the novel before. I like Qingfeng in the drama, I really really do. But the way this novel ended was kinda...heartbreaking:tears:

Edited by orenji_neko
typo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, orenji_neko said:

I've never read the novel before. I like Qingfeng in the drama, I really really do. But the way this novel ended was kinda...heartbreaking:tears:

@orenji_neko Thank you so so so much for the translations! I bow down to you and your superior Chinese!! I can translate things from listening and occasionally looking for a phrase or two, but reading long-form text is challenging.  Thanks so much for translating!!! That was very kind of you to use your talents.

:loveu:

As a big fan of Qing Feng and a lover of bittersweet endings and someone who likes stories making sense...this ending actually ticked all the boxes for me :tounge_wink: I suspect some other fans like @Usaheaven might also like this ending. But I know a lot of fans also wouldn't. Qing Feng existing in real life AND Xiao En ending up with him would be nice. But I think I actually like the idea that she wouldn't automatically just get a free pass to marry a CEO because sadly, that's not really how life works - how I wish we'd all just marry the CEOs of our dreams (literally)! It's like she lived out her fantasies in the dream world with Aoran and then woke up and started building her life with someone who realistically came into it (I mean they could have made the writer look like Aoran and people would think it was a happy ending maybe?) But Qing Feng is to my tastes, so I personally do not mind! :love:

• Like 2

Episode 18 Thoughts
I feel the momentum of the story has really slowed down because the events are kind of boring, no offence to anyone who is loving the current episodes. It's like they decided that in order to balance out the story world and differentiate it from the real world, they would make the real world seem dry. Like those scenes of XE sending her friend over to interview him rather than doing it herself and TX going to the office to scold her- sort of slow and unnecessary? Admittedly, I also miss QF! But I am  finding TX to be attractive as a character. It just doesn't feel like the events are interesting enough to build up strong romantic tension at the moment, which is a shame because Tian Xing is so much more likeable - there's something about his reserved nature and intelligence that make him burn brighter than AR. That suit also looked really good...but it looks more like a suit for a dinner party rather than the office?! I suppose that's why they had the office organise a welcome back dinner party for him - so that the suit made sense and there would be an 'interesting' event that happened. I did think it was weird, but hilarious that they were doing shots at an office gathering and the CEO drank like 16 shots to protect his girl. But the tender scenes that came from XE looking after AR were nice. I really liked the spoof on how rich people never eat 2 min noodles! And the bonding while they ate was sweet - all those similarities and the ET fingers. Cute.
  • Like 2

@JenL Oh, how I envy you! My listening skill sucks so I always watch cdrama that has chinese subs :sweatingbullets: Reading is easier because I know Japanese.

I was originally shipping for QF-XE because they had so many meaningful, sweet moments together. Plus, he has awareness of his existence which makes him special. But to me, Jiang Sheng in the novel is not equal to Qingfeng, just like Tianxing is not equal to Aoran. Qingfeng is better than Jiang Sheng, while Tianxing is defenitely better than Aoran.

Actually, I've only found out about this drama a few days ago. I've only watch it once and sometimes miss the sub because got distracted by Marcus and Simon's handsome faces. I'm gonna rewatch a few more times before the finale later 二二二( ^ω^)二⊃

• Like 3

On 9/25/2020 at 7:47 PM, Ayame said:

Interview with Kelly about Mingli

Wow, thanks so much for posting this interview!  What a great interview, not fluffy at all.  

1. I thought her growth personally to become braver based on her experience acting MingLi was pretty touching.  Listening to how Marcus described Kelly’s acting when they met in the psychiatric hospital reminds me how hard these actors work to access and display some powerful emotions.

2. I thought her observation about MingLi not showing up in the novel world because she is a single dimension character was interesting.  I never considered that to be a reason why someone would show up or not show up in novel world.  Does this mean Susanna and Chun/Qiu-tian are also multi-dimensional?  Probably reading too much into that statement.

3. Her crying when talking about MingLi’s longing for family love was so moving.  Kelly is one of my favorite people to watch in BTSs for this reason — she feels very authentic and real.  Her character in Lost Romance is so over-the-top, so her BTS scenes always catch me off guard with how “normal” she is.

———

I just watched episode 17 (have to wait for subs on 18!) and came here afterwards :). But no comments on ep 17?  

It felt like the main topic was how is XE going to get QF his happy ending.  With the B story being TX on a hunt to unravel XE’s significance to him. Those scenes made me feel even more sad for how XE is having her heart broken over and over again.  I thought her little soliloquy with buddy CT on the stairs at the end was so real, so heartbreaking, and totally explained the hilarious breakdown in front of Editor Yao.

Strange not to have the He sibs in this ep!  And weird to get so much QF-talk time but NO QF!  I guess that’s how they appease us.  What a pity they didn’t have Simon play the author!  But then we’d all be shipping XE-QF and not top-billing Marcus, haha.

I think it’s so unrealistic, but totally drama realistic, that XE hasn’t just straight out explained to TX yet what happened from her perspective.  I mean, how hard is it to just talk it out — “hey, so I fell into a coma and woke up in storybook world, and I know this sounds crazy, but the lead guy that I got married to looks identical to you and that’s why I look at you the way I do?”  Maybe he’ll just think she is a crazy dreamer.  And especially when he reads that CEO, you’re so naughty book he would really think that she just plagiarized that.  But I know, this is dramaland so I need to suspend logic.

Also, loving TX’s personality.  Smart, thoughtful, and curious.  Also liking how XE talks about how she’s now empowered to speak up for herself.

And the teasers for the next ep, 18, killin’ me!  Showdown between ChuChu, Susanna, and XE with XE excusing herself?  XE & TX getting some sweet playful times of interacting?  TX feeling hurt when XE sends CT for the interview instead?  I know some of you have already seen it...I’ve closed my eyes to your comments and will be back Thursday! :)  3 more eps (for me)!  Then the agony of having nothing to look forward to watch, haha.  

On 9/24/2020 at 11:45 AM, Anjali Punia said:

Anyone watching Puff Kao's new show Falling into you?

Which reminds me, I did try Falling Into You but it’s more of an exaggerated T-drama comedy.  Not really my cup of tea, but I will probably still end up watching it since Puff is a favorite.  Guess it just makes finding a T-drama I enjoy even more special!  I tried C-dramas for awhile, but too many of them are formulaic or stuffed with candy filler so I wait for ratings before committing.  I just rewatched Yong-Jiu’s Grocery Store — so heart-warming, and I love hearing Taiwanese being spoken <3.

• Like 4

On 9/29/2020 at 7:01 PM, Ayame said:

Interview with Simon, Vivian, Marcus about Qingfeng

Thanks for posting this interview, also!  Side note, but I really liked Vivian’s braid hairstyle in this!

1. Interesting that Simon tries not to read any fan comments about his character because he’s afraid it will influence how he portrays him. How much lead time is there on each ep, and how much latitude do actors have to change things?

2. Ahhhhhh, so sweet that Simon got into character for his QF interactions with XE by thinking of the person he wants to protect the most... his mom <3.  

3. The way Simon talks about Marcus, it really does sound like he has a crush on him :P. J/K.  But at least some serious admiration.  I’ve never thought about guys who talk slowly And deliberately having more mysterious charisma (not sure if I translated shen mi gan correctly).  So cute that he’s identified that characteristic in Marcus and has been studying him. I don’t know what I think about that theory though. I get annoyed with my husband when he talks too slowly.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I'd just finished watching EP19. My reaction when seeing her caller ID  -> :fear:

I thought Tianxing will walk away after seeing that. Thank goodness he's an overbearing CEO, it's not easy to scare him away LOL

Mingli was right, her mom needs to find a hobby. I really pity Mingli for having a mom like that :isannoyed:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ahhh!!  I just watched ep 19 on Vidol without subs, but what always gets me are the previews for next week!! Cameo by Puff!! @Ayame, thanks for posting the bts and alternate sneak peek as always!!  Looking forward to a great last ep...looks like there's still one more surprise of what happens when he reads the book (FINALLY).

Will have to watch ep 19 again with subs to catch all the business talk.  Relished the intense He family confrontation -- overdue, and shining moment for Kelly/Mingli.  And cute moments from the sidekick guys getting in little *wink wink* moments.  Such cute sly grins!

My favorite moment was on the bridge.  TX's confidence and words gave me shivers!  And beautiful backdrop!  Anyone know where that is in Taiwan? Is that the suspension bridge in Chiayi?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 10/9/2020 at 8:48 AM, Ayame said:

Interview with Jason and Marcus about Tianjian / Moran

Interesting how he compared and contrasted Tianjian & Moran.  I actually didn't think too much about the differences during the show because the characters seemed similar enough, unlike TX & AR.  But I can see how Tianjian is more conflicted and gets led astray.  I wonder if he'll find his redemption in the series by the end.  It does seem like it's leading that way for both him and Tianjian.  But probably not for Mr. Wu?  I'm still curious what the reason is behind Mr. Wu's motivation behind all this!  Just greed?  Secret dispute with the He Dad?

Side comment: For anyone else that has watched this interview, is the background audio track so much louder than the actor's voice?  It was so hard to hear his words sometimes :/

• Like 2

On 10/11/2020 at 10:43 AM, Ayame said:

Other clips + BTS of Episode 19:

Also, I really enjoyed the part of the BTS where Kelly and Deyn are on the playground.  I could not stop cracking up when they were doing the Tai Chi watermelon thing -- I have been taught the exact same thing for Tai Chi with here's a big watermelon, I cut it in half, I give some to you, etc.  And all of them making fun of Jason for his fortunes suddenly taking a turn as a homeless guy now.  Interesting how the actors just get used to people touching them when they do touchups, etc.  No flinching or even a glance!

They cast looks like they're having so much fun together!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/12/2020 at 3:06 PM, Slyphykougn said:

Ahhh!!  I just watched ep 19 on Vidol without subs, but what always gets me are the previews for next week!! Cameo by Puff!! @Ayame, thanks for posting the bts and alternate sneak peek as always!!  Looking forward to a great last ep...looks like there's still one more surprise of what happens when he reads the book (FINALLY).

Will have to watch ep 19 again with subs to catch all the business talk.  Relished the intense He family confrontation -- overdue, and shining moment for Kelly/Mingli.  And cute moments from the sidekick guys getting in little *wink wink* moments.  Such cute sly grins!

My favorite moment was on the bridge.  TX's confidence and words gave me shivers!  And beautiful backdrop!  Anyone know where that is in Taiwan? Is that the suspension bridge in Chiayi?

OMGGGGGGGG YESSSSS!!!! This is like THE BEST ending they could give Qing Feng. For those who don't know, I'm a huge Puff fan!!! And also Simon and Puff are good friends (And are under the same music agency)...And I've always wanted Puff and Simon to do a collaboration together!! 

@Usaheaven @VanellopeVS2020 @Slyphykougn @Anjali Punia It's going to be a happy ending after all!! In fact this is actually better than the original ending I was wanting!!

aW5f6px.gif

On 10/6/2020 at 11:23 PM, orenji_neko said:

@JenL Oh, how I envy you! My listening skill sucks so I always watch cdrama that has chinese subs :sweatingbullets: Reading is easier because I know Japanese.

I was originally shipping for QF-XE because they had so many meaningful, sweet moments together. Plus, he has awareness of his existence which makes him special. But to me, Jiang Sheng in the novel is not equal to Qingfeng, just like Tianxing is not equal to Aoran. Qingfeng is better than Jiang Sheng, while Tianxing is defenitely better than Aoran.

Actually, I've only found out about this drama a few days ago. I've only watch it once and sometimes miss the sub because got distracted by Marcus and Simon's handsome faces. I'm gonna rewatch a few more times before the finale later 二二二( ^ω^)二⊃

I envy you, my dear! I wish my reading was half as good!! 

I totally agree - I've been more for QF and XE the whole time for the same reasons you've mentioned. But you definitely make a good point that they'd be different people and unless they gave an equally good personality to the author, it would be a bit of a band-aid solution. But it's ok, because now that I know Qing Feng is going to have a happy ending, I'm A-OK with whatever they want to do to the main couple.

Wow, you're so recent to the drama! Thanks for joining our conversation!

On 10/12/2020 at 3:06 PM, Slyphykougn said:

I'm so excited by this Puff Cameo!! So excited. Thanks @Ayame for keeping us updated this whole time!

I have to agree that the Mingli and bodyguard moment was so cute...both on screen with his little smile and the behind the scenes with Kelly and Deyn in the playground!

• Like 4

On 10/12/2020 at 5:39 AM, orenji_neko said:

I'd just finished watching EP19. My reaction when seeing her caller ID  ->

I thought Tianxing will walk away after seeing that. Thank goodness he's an overbearing CEO, it's not easy to scare him away LOL

Mingli was right, her mom needs to find a hobby. I really pity Mingli for having a mom like that

I like Tian Xing so much a!! It's weird how Marcus looks the same, but can be 2 different characters and I can really feel nothing for one of them, but find the other so attractive. As Tian Xing, he really really shines. Thank god he's as persistent as Xiao En, but not in an Aoran way. He has some of that confidence, but he's also more well rounded.

Ming Li's parents are/were horrible. The dad really screwed up the family by having an affair and not showing his affections equally to all his children. But the mum also seems like the sort of person who always wanted face and was never genuine. She's so old fashioned and restricted to gender roles too, which is why she's always spoiled her son and neglected her daughter, and she never tried to go out on her own but relied on her husband even after he cheated on her (and he was probably sick of her clingy behaviour). 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, JenL said:

I like Tian Xing so much a!! It's weird how Marcus looks the same, but can be 2 different characters and I can really feel nothing for one of them, but find the other so attractive. As Tian Xing, he really really shines. Thank god he's as persistent as Xiao En, but not in an Aoran way. He has some of that confidence, but he's also more well rounded.

I'm still in the infatuation phase, had a major crush on Tianxing. Don't know how many times have I repeated his scenes :heart2beat:

It's weird that a part of me can understand why Xiao'en don't want to betray Aoran, but from a bystander's point of view she sounds like a crazy woman for trying to be loyal to a fictional character.

Even though Tianxing's awareness was inside the novel's world for a brief moment only, I hope there's something more about that plot.

As for Qingfeng, I'm happy that he'll get his happy ending. But I hope that he gets to keep his memories of all the other worlds he's been through because that's what makes him special.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Ah, I missed you all! (Life happened and I couldn't devote as much reflection time on the drama as I had wanted, but I'm keeping up with your discussions here.) Welcome to everyone who has joined in!

Since I couldn't comment on ep18, just wanted to note my favorite part being Ming Li going undercover under the thumb of Tian Xing. It was so fun to see the siblings rivalry being played out in this way and I wish we had more time so there would be more of it. Both Marcus and Kelly really shine in their scenes together!

After 19 episodes, I really wish that the novel world had been shortened or that there were 5 more episodes.. so that Xiao En - Ao Ran relationship was able to develop more steadily and profoundly. The pacing and recent events have really played with my emotions. XD I think the cool Tian Xing was who I was searching for throughout the novel world, maybe that's why I missed out on really falling for Ao Ran! And maybe that's why I'm having trouble with Xiao En retreating and giving up on Tian Xing. I can understand her dilemma, and I would agree with her had her novel romance won me over in the first place. (Although I also adore Ao Ran, but in no way near the way I am in awe with Tian Xing.. if that makes any sense at all.) So I totally get it for those who still root for Ao-En. Tian Xing is just so much more dimensional and ironically personable/approachable. I really liked ep19. It showed the CEO domineering and gentle.-- The last scene of the episode!! :o:wub: And playful. The sun's coming out~ that drone was brilliant hahaa:elated:

I'm super happy for you Qing Feng lovers! Especially if you're a fan of the cameo. His happy ending is literally a dream come true for you! :transforms:

I have to say, I'm really loving how the real world is giving so much more dimension to not only Tian Xing, but everyone he's around. I especially like Susanna. She's so human with her fits of jealousy! I never would've guessed from the many glimpse of her seriousness throughout the drama. It's refreshing.

By the looks of the previews, I think it's safe to say we'll have more than one happy ending. For awhile, I was a bit bummed thinking it may be an open ending (which isn't necessarily bad, but in this story, I would feel too sad for Tian Xing). Bittersweet that these 4 months are coming to an end, but I'm excited!

(And kind of really looking forward to getting my Sunday mornings back XD )

• Like 3

3 hours ago, songielove said:

I really wish that the novel world had been shortened or that there were 5 more episodes.. so that Xiao En - Ao Ran relationship was able to develop more steadily and profoundly. The pacing and recent events have really played with my emotions. XD I think the cool Tian Xing was who I was searching for throughout the novel world, maybe that's why I missed out on really falling for Ao Ran! And maybe that's why I'm having trouble with Xiao En retreating and giving up on Tian Xing. I can understand her dilemma, and I would agree with her had her novel romance won me over in the first place. (Although I also adore Ao Ran, but in no way near the way I am in awe with Tian Xing.. if that makes any sense at all.) So I totally get it for those who still root for Ao-En. Tian Xing is just so much more dimensional and ironically personable/approachable. I really liked ep19. It showed the CEO domineering and gentle.-- The last scene of the episode!! :o:wub: And playful. The sun's coming out~ that drone was brilliant hahaa

@songielove We've missed you and your insights! I agree that the pacing of this drama has been off - although I liked Qing Feng a lot and shortening the story world would shorten his role, I did think too much time was spent on Aoran compared to Tian Xing. And while I can totally see what you mean @orenji_neko about her loyalty to Aoran, I also did find it disappointing that Xiao En was retreating back from Tian Xing because of Aoran. Honestly, I'm so over Aoran.

I feel like some fans might say, "See I told you Xiao En really loved Aoran." But unfortunately, my reading of this drama was that she used Aoran to fulfil her Tian Xing fantasies. Then she thought Aoran turned out "better" because he's a romance book character and he knew everything she liked because that's his job as a romance book character - To please the female lead! She bought into it so much that she thinks she loves him more than Tian Xing, who she now thinks 'pales' in comparison because he's an actual person and it took him awhile to figure things out. I'm sorry if that sound cynical, but that's all I can see with the Aoran storyline. I agree with you Songie - I felt so bad for Tian Xing because of the way she's comparing him to a fictional character when he's wayyyy more likeable and intelligent and personable. I also think I would understand her feelings more had they made Aoran's character more dimensional and likeable like Qing Feng. Then I'd find her feelings easier to digest. As it stands,  I'm thinking it will be a happy ending, but the Aoran storyline has put me off Xiao En as a protagonist. I find her less relatable, I guess.

4 hours ago, songielove said:

I'm super happy for you Qing Feng lovers! Especially if you're a fan of the cameo. His happy ending is literally a dream come true for you! 

I have to say, I'm really loving how the real world is giving so much more dimension to not only Tian Xing, but everyone he's around. I especially like Susanna. She's so human with her fits of jealousy! I never would've guessed from the many glimpse of her seriousness throughout the drama. It's refreshing.

By the looks of the previews, I think it's safe to say we'll have more than one happy ending. For awhile, I was a bit bummed thinking it may be an open ending (which isn't necessarily bad, but in this story, I would feel too sad for Tian Xing). Bittersweet that these 4 months are coming to an end, but I'm excited!

(And kind of really looking forward to getting my Sunday mornings back XD )

Thank you! As a Qing Feng fan I'm truly happy. This is actually better than I expected as I do really love Puff. I hope they include her cameo in the final behind the scenes. It's rare for SETTV shows to have major cameos, I feel, since they already have large idol casts, so I was surprised. Also my wishes for a Qing Feng ending came true: That they'd give him some girl who was equally likeable, not pair him with Chu Chu and Xiao En would help him write a happy ending.  Simon + Puff, yay! :love:

I also hope Tian Xing gets a happy ending. I really do like him as a character too, especially when he was cheering Xiao En up and being assertive in pursuing her. In the episodes since he woken up, I've been wishing each episode that they could have given him and Xiao En more interesting story events to push them together more romantically. It's been a bit slow for me the last 2 episodes, though they did have some interesting development with side characters. I like Ming Li have an epiphany and redemption arc...and a possibly flirtation with her bodyguard. 

• Like 3

For anyone else who misses Qing Feng, there been some fun Simon and Vivian Instagram posts...Simon and Vivian ran into each other at the hairdressers unplanned and they were both wearing a really similar outfit! I've translated the funny little conversations they both had here: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/10/instagram-updates-simon-lian-and-vivian.html

smWDlgK.jpg

• Like 4