[Taiwanese Drama 2020] Lost Romance 浪漫輸給你

0ly40

@JenL@VanellopeVS2020 will catch you both on the Devil's Punisher thread. 

I am going to miss all of you guys in this thread and hope to see in in the other threads.  I am a bit tired was doing some work deadline stuff so will watch the finale episode later with subs.

Though  couple points I like to make is I enjoyed the show alot and even though I did lose some interest due to my love of QF and because I didn't buy in Aoran romance but I have to admit I totally enjoyed the TX and XE moments. I really do like TX's character he is definitely more my type of guy and I think TX and XE do work so I am super happy about this. and Yay for QF and Puff's ending. Super super happy ending. 

I also like MingLi's character growth I feel like. She is how she is because of her family but she acknowledges her faults unlike her younger brother.  

I also love the cast chemistry and how they all did think deeply about why they want to play which other character. Love all the behind the scenes and interviews and thanks so much to everyone keeping the thread updated so that I can catch up on everything. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Done!  But I need to rewatch with subs Thurs and will add thoughts then.  Overall, I am satisfied with the sweet ending filled with main couple moments and relatively uneventful everything else.  I wish the QF+Puff ending had been a complete surprise...the hard thing about “next episode” clips!

Until rewatching with subs, just sharing that finishing the series reminded me how much I like some of the songs.  Came across this recording of Marcus singing one of the songs at a concert in late 2019.

Marcus Chang singing Talk to Me

On 10/16/2020 at 11:49 AM, songielove said:

I have to say... I think I might be looking forward to this MV a tiny bit more than the final episode. XD Absolutely love this song and all the thought and heart Marcus put into creating it after receiving the script (there's a video where he talks about the making of the song. The way he lights up  when it comes to music makes me... oh I don't know, lose to him more? Hahahh)

I just watched that in my trip through YouTube Marcus MVs!  But I haven’t seen this video where he talks about the the making of the song..will have to go look for it now!  I didn’t realize that he wrote it after reading the script...that makes it even more meaningful.  For some reason, I thought the songs were created independently of the shows and just chosen for use by the shows, but it makes more sense that they’re created together.  I guess just thinking of American shows where title songs often already exist.

On 10/16/2020 at 6:00 PM, JenL said:

I believe the subs you see on YouTube are most likely to be fan subs. I've done them for other videos before. And my assessment comes from the language used - they use slang that is more what people living overseas would use and the mistakes on the videos are typos rather than the more complex language/ translator type mistakes. Also the subs appear a few days later rather than instantly. It's possible they could have found someone who studied/worked overseas to do it, but I think they just change the title to Eng Subs when they notice the subs appear :sweatingbullets:  I guess I could have subbed directly on the BTS videos for Lost Romance when I was still doing them - but there's a few reasons why I don't - mainly it's that BTS videos are long and I'm lazy and only want to sub certain sections rather than the whole video and I don't want the more demanding people to make comments like "Why isn't this fully subbed!!?? Give me subs!" (It has happened before :sweatingbullets:) Also, I like getting credit for my own work I guess.

You should totally get credit for your work, @JenL!  It must be so much work to write it out line by line.  I think I found your blog through one of your posts on a YouTube video where you linked your blog having translations.

On 10/17/2020 at 11:05 PM, songielove said:

The fact that Ao Ran was uninteresting to some of us (or I was less attracted to) and that we like Tian Xing soo much more says that Marcus succeeded!

Sanlih revealed that Chun Tian (Xiao En's bff) is a figure that represents us, the viewers. I see it, because I happen to like a lot of her dialogues! But she couldn't be more right when she mentioned about Xiao En cheating on the same person twice. That has been my thought since her return from the novel.

I know that many overseas fans tend to skip out on currently airing Taiwan dramas when they're on the one-episode-per-week schedule, but I find that I would be losing out on the entire experience. The discussions here and yours and everyone's contributions made the experience all the more fulfilling. So, thank you all so much!

It's been a good 4+ months. No matter what happens, I'm happy we all got to share this drama together.

@songielove I agree with so much of what you said.  It was interesting the completely different reactions we had to AoRan & TianXing, and definitely a credit to Marcus’ acting.  I love Marcus’ micro expressions.  The way he has a certain look or a pause communicates his feelings and the moment so well.  To AoRan, my response was nothing because he seemed so one-dimensional.  That’s interesting that Taiwan viewers liked AoRan better.  But I also see that AoRan is more exciting in a way, and maybe the kind of “knight in shining armor” that romantic comedies in Asia may favor?  In western culture, maybe I’ve gotten used to a more multi-dimensional person being portrayed, so if a lead isn’t layered, s/he doesn’t feel real.

Also very interesting that ChunTian is meant to be all of us!  In the opening when the girls pull out the drone, I don’t know that I would have been as into it haha!  But the drone in the beginning set up it not only not being creepy for TianXing to use it, but comical and endearing as well.

Also agree that I like these once a week eps.  I mean don’t get me wrong...it’s killer to wait.  But it’s fun to check in with the community, fun to anticipate each episode and know that there are others also in the same boat.  The first time I experienced this waiting / forum chatting was with Before We Get Married.  My friend waited for that one to completely come out and get subbed before watching so she could watch it all at once, but I enjoyed watching it sort of real-time better.  Has Viki committed to Devil’s Punisher?  If so, I’ll be watching that, also!  Mike He is also such a great actor.  My first favorite T-drama (after the OG MG back in the day) was Sunny Happiness with him and Janine Chang.

Wow, 4 months!! I can’t believe it’s been that long! So thankful for everyone’s comments and links which made the experience so much richer!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, Anjali Punia said:

Am I Marcus fan ? Yes.

Did I like the show . Yes.

Did I watch the finale . Yes.

But did I watch the finale for Marcus or lead couple.

Oh No. I watched it for Qingfeng and Mingli.

Haha, you & mw both @Anjali Punia - I started this drama for Marcus and Vivian. But wayyyy more drawn to the secondary characters. But I was happy for the main characters happy endings. Yeah, the Simon + Puff bit was really almost at the very end! But I won't complain because at least it was there...and it was what I wanted!

21 hours ago, songielove said:

@JenL Thanks for your quick translations. They're just too fun! It was bittersweet, but I totally feel the love. Marcus and Vivian have gotten closer as friends, and I only hope that Simon and Kiki and the rest of the team will keep in touch and meet again for future projects. I guess we know what the camping trip was for now

No worries! I will be doing a more in-depth partial subbing of that live stream. I did about half tonight and will probably have it up on this forum tomorrow night :) I actually enjoyed that cast chemistry probably more than the drama itself, as you know from the BTS translations...so I couldn't resist subbing the funny and interesting bits of that live - Jason is just as much a talker as Simon, so their jokes were off the scale XD.  For anyone who's Chinese is not so up to scratch, I hope you'll enjoy that when I pop it up. I also really enjoyed the last BTS :) Watching them do their last scenes made me feel that bittersweet happiness I feel when I finish a series...also I'm always surprised when I see what their actual last scenes are because it's so out of order with the story XD. I think I'll only be translating the Simon +Puff bit, if anyone was curious.

20 hours ago, orenji_neko said:

The story ends once the MC find their happy ending, they will forever be in our heart. Now I'm gonna go sit in a corner and cry :tears::tears::tears:

I liked that bittersweet bit when they talked about the book endings. It makes sense. And the thing like about these meta-fiction genre of dramas (where they go into a storybook like Extraordinary You ) is that it's a bit existential and a metaphor for life - all stories end one day, but we never forget those people who leave us if we love them!

19 hours ago, VanellopeVS2020 said:

Oh so sad that we have reached the last episode of this awesome drama. But am glad just the same for all the happy endings --  TX and XE, QF and Puff, He family and that the published books of TX and QF were both hits  lol.  For now waiting eagerly for the english sub.  

I am going to miss this show but most specially miss you guys. I may be the only one watching this show at home but in this forum you guys made me feel like I was not alone. All the individual inputs, translations,  thoughts, clips of the Lost Romance team..... simply amazing. I had so much fun. Thank you everyone. :heart: Hope to hear from y'all on different threads. 

@JenL I will find you in  Devil's Punisher thread. :)  Also, I am just starting to watch more dramas and was curious who Jasper Liu was.  I found out who he is ... OMG I like him too!!! ha ha ha ... 

Awwww, you're so sweet!  It was definitely nice to have a little community to chat with about this series. Will miss talking to you all here too, but I'm glad you'll be joining us for The Devil's Punisher. The more I've read up on the legends its based on, the more I look forward to the series! I also really like Ivy Shao and Mike He. And yesssss! I'm glad you like Jasper! Isn't he just the best? My one claim to fame is having met him 3 times and having him sign several of my things XD He's my celebrity forever-crush I think :love:

16 hours ago, Usaheaven said:

@JenL@VanellopeVS2020 will catch you both on the Devil's Punisher thread. 

I am going to miss all of you guys in this thread and hope to see in in the other threads.  I am a bit tired was doing some work deadline stuff so will watch the finale episode later with subs.

Though  couple points I like to make is I enjoyed the show alot and even though I did lose some interest due to my love of QF and because I didn't buy in Aoran romance but I have to admit I totally enjoyed the TX and XE moments. I really do like TX's character he is definitely more my type of guy and I think TX and XE do work so I am super happy about this. and Yay for QF and Puff's ending. Super super happy ending. 

Yay looking forward to seeing you in the new thread! :love:

Haha, I agree. I was always more for TX so seeing him get his happy ending was nice. I also lost interest in between episodes 16-20, so the show is not up there with my favourites, but it was enjoyable enough to stick it out while I've been stuck at home during this covid year. And it was fun to debate about and analyse!  

Seeing that QF ending gave me a sense of relief and closure. Now I can be happy he's somewhere in storybook heaven with Puff XD

9 hours ago, Slyphykougn said:

You should totally get credit for your work, @JenL!  It must be so much work to write it out line by line.  I think I found your blog through one of your posts on a YouTube video where you linked your blog having translations.

Haha, it can be! But I don't mind if I'm really into a series. Or this year, it's just been a hobby to pass my days since we've been in lockdown and I've been working from home since March with nothing better to do! Ah, glad people do see the links on YouTube ^^ I like helping people to understand because I know the frustration of not understanding when I watch Korean drama BTS videos - it's sad not to know what's going on! So I hope my translations have helped some people to get more out of this series (Also my Chinese has improved!)

9 hours ago, Slyphykougn said:

I love Marcus’ micro expressions.  The way he has a certain look or a pause communicates his feelings and the moment so well.  To AoRan, my response was nothing because he seemed so one-dimensional.  That’s interesting that Taiwan viewers liked AoRan better.  But I also see that AoRan is more exciting in a way, and maybe the kind of “knight in shining armor” that romantic comedies in Asia may favor?  In western culture, maybe I’ve gotten used to a more multi-dimensional person being portrayed, so if a lead isn’t layered, s/he doesn’t feel real.

Also agree that I like these once a week eps.  I mean don’t get me wrong...it’s killer to wait.  But it’s fun to check in with the community, fun to anticipate each episode and know that there are others also in the same boat.  The first time I experienced this waiting / forum chatting was with Before We Get Married.  My friend waited for that one to completely come out and get subbed before watching so she could watch it all at once, but I enjoyed watching it sort of real-time better.  Has Viki committed to Devil’s Punisher?  If so, I’ll be watching that, also!  Mike He is also such a great actor.  My first favorite T-drama (after the OG MG back in the day) was Sunny Happiness with him and Janine Chang.

Wow, 4 months!! I can’t believe it’s been that long! 

I agree. Marcus is a very good actor. I find him to be very expressive and you can tell he puts 100% into his character and can stay focused. I was also impressed obviously by Simon - he is so different in real life, so I thought he did a good job portraying a very calm and mature character (when he is so hilarious and cheeky in real life). I normally like Vivian - but I'm going to be honest, I didn't think her acting came out the best in this series? There were a lot of times she looked like she was on the verge of laughing in serious scenes. I think she knew Marcus too well for it to feel romantic to her...and she and Simon have the same humour, so it was also funny to her. 

Yes, Asians are really into the domineering CEO trope -_________-;;  I think in Asian culture, there's this love for the 'perfect' person. But I agree, I'm more for interesting well rounded characters with more personality.

I do find there's 2 types of watchers - those that binge and those that need to process with a community. Haha...you know which one I am! @Slyphykougn I believe The Devil Punisher will be shown through Netflix! Or Vidol as always if you understand Chinese. Mike He is old school and I'm excited to see him again!

Anyway, I'll share my own opinions tomorrow when I put up the video :)

• Love 1

@JenL Whoa, Devil’s Punisher on Netflix!  (Good to know about Vidol, but my Chinese isn’t good enough to carry me through a whole series :’( ) I thought Netflix only did the more edgy stuff.  I heard that their Asia venture in Taiwan was not producing enough fandom as they had hoped, so I was wondering how that would all play out.  I hope they don’t give up on Taiwan!  I watched Chris Wu’s Ghost Bride, which was fun mainly because it helped me identify better with my Chinese Filipino friends, but otherwise I didn’t love.  The one with Tiffany Hsu was too scary looking for me.  And the Jasper Liu/Mandy one felt like it progressed too rapidly to enjoy.  So I haven’t had high hopes for anything on Netflix, but I do like what I’ve read for DP so far!

And hearing all about the last BTS makes me want to go watch it even though I probably won’t understand most of it, haha.  I need some closure with extra clips!! I will miss seeing Marcus’ face every week.  It amazes me how his in person personality seems so different...less confident, more playful...and then he always has to play these overbearing CEO or quirky CEO types! I remember Vivian addressing it in a promo video when they joked about her being the more friendly/beloved one on set because Marcus has to be in character.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/18/2020 at 6:45 PM, Slyphykougn said:

I just watched that in my trip through YouTube Marcus MVs!  But I haven’t seen this video where he talks about the the making of the song..will have to go look for it now!  I didn’t realize that he wrote it after reading the script...that makes it even more meaningful.  For some reason, I thought the songs were created independently of the shows and just chosen for use by the shows, but it makes more sense that they’re created together.  I guess just thinking of American shows where title songs often already exist.

You've probably seen this by now, but I'll also post it for anyone else who hasn't seen it yet. The interview where he talks about the making for "Lose to You":

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@Ayame  Thanks so much for posting! I couldn't find it, so what a treat to find it here in this thread. Really fun to hear all of his thoughts behind the song...The Little changes that he made, even the intentional matching of English words. It's so neat that because he moved Australia when he was a teenager, he is able to mix English and Chinese so fluently! I wonder what the song would have been like if it was all in English as originally planned, but I'm glad it wasn't. For some reason, I get annoyed when Chinese language dramas have all English songs... Like,  This is not what I came here for? Haha.

Speaking of songs from the Lost Romance soundtrack, I was watching the MV for Tonight I'm Here. Through the course of Lost Romance, I ended up liking this song even better, and I like the rap-fast-talking (what is that called?!?) section for Talk to Me which I don’t think I heard in the drama.  Marcus does an explanation of the song on his YouTube channel as well.  Comments on YouTube say the song's inspiration is his friend's death... I didn't realize the song had so much personal meaning to him. Makes me want to learn more, but then I remember it’s a real person’s death and realize I don’t need to know anymore.

• Love 1

I guess the finality of the drama itself and 20 weeks into this (more than 20 weeks if I count the anticipation leading up to it) really just hit me yesterday. Every time I replay Lose To You MV, I go right back there and experiencing bad withdrawal symptoms, which I did not expect! I have thoughts, but will wait to watch with subs to share them. For now, just want to say I was very touched by Qing Feng's exit scene. And I am really craving Taiwanese fried chicken. :bashful:

5 hours ago, Slyphykougn said:

@Ayame  Thanks so much for posting! I couldn't find it, so what a treat to find it here in this thread. Really fun to hear all of his thoughts behind the song...The Little changes that he made, even the intentional matching of English words. It's so neat that because he moved Australia when he was a teenager, he is able to mix English and Chinese so fluently! I wonder what the song would have been like if it was all in English as originally planned, but I'm glad it wasn't. For some reason, I get annoyed when Chinese language dramas have all English songs... Like,  This is not what I came here for? Haha.

Speaking of songs from the Lost Romance soundtrack, I was watching the MV for tonight I'm here. He does an explanation of the song on his YouTube channel as well.  Comments on YouTube say the song's inspiration is his friend's death... I didn't realize the song realize the song had so much personal meaning to him.

Oops! Sorry I came a little late, @Slyphykougn. As always, thank you @Ayame.

I agree, @Slyphykougn. Actually, all his songs have personal meaning to him. I was really surprised they added two songs from his Oxymoron album into the drama because I was caught up with their original meaning he had shared (which worked well in the context of the drama too). Of course, with "Talk To Me" they did away with the rap verse, which was telling because it doesn't have much to do with romance. He included "put a smile through your tears"  as lyrics, something his good friend told him when they were going through a tough time in New Zealand. The Lost Romance OST is pretty much his EP. XD You can tell that music fuels him; his true love. Also not seeing him on a weekly basis is probably a bulk of the withdrawal symptoms hitting so hard, but knowing the personal meanings in his music makes me not be stingy for wanting to see him in acting (as we know, he had to ultimately choose to act and leave his music behind-- also where one of my favorite songs, "Still Love You", came to be). There's another video where they visit him while doing band rehearsal for his Oxymoron concert this past August (I got tickets but couldn't travel :tears:). He rented a studio in Taichung (where the drama filmed) and would go there late in the night after he was done on set. This video is so much fun, I watched it multiple times that week haha... The light in his eyes. :heart:

Sorry I did not share these before, I didn't want to turn this thread into a Marcus Chang thread (does he have a soompi thread? XD I could use more Marcus diehard fans as friends! Especially because my Mandarin is close to nonexistent. Even if you don't speak Mandarin, if you love AngAng, please, let's be friends! Hehee) :Ohboy3::biubiu:

P.S. Some fans have been doing this, but if more of us keep nudging him for the English version of Lose To You, mayyybe he'll release it! (Though I agree, not English for this drama.)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Yayyyy, I've finished the Live subs. It's a partial sub as always. The times are in the video description and comments. Click to see subs and read till there's no more, then click the next time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Ayame Thanks for posting the Ep 20 BTS, too!  I finally got a chance to watch that.  It was so cute to see how sweet and affectionate Vivian and Marcus were with each other during that, and a little bit surprising given their very just-friends vibe that they give off during all other interviews, livestreams, etc.  I guess end of the show feels, and that quote about how they not only get into character but stay that way while on location filming!

@JenL Thanks sooo much for the live subs!!  It helps me so much to see the Eng subs to kind of get me through the Chinese.  I find that when I watch a show in Chinese-only, I might get most of what’s going on, but I connect so much better when there’s English.  I guess that 5-10% that I don’t understand makes a big difference in feel!  I loved seeing how fun and charismatic Simon is.  Totally the life of the party, along with Jason.

I also agree with you, now having watched the BTS, that it’s funny and weird how the ending scenes are completely different!  That makes sense logically from a production standpoint, but like the mom’s last scene in that wooden paneled hotel room was like...how many eps back was that?!?

@songielove Yay for a Marcus fan!  That’s so amazing that you had tickets and were going to go to his August concert, though such a bummer that you didn’t get to!! Because of Covid?  And do you live in Taiwan/Asia, or were you going to cross an ocean to go to the concert?? I am also a Marcus fan, to the point that the QingFeng storyline never tempted me to harbor second lead syndrome because I will always cheer for Marcus, haha.  Which is not always the case..I remember rooting hard for Ben Wu’s second lead in Perfect Match as well as Edison Wang’s in Emily’s 5 things....still wish those series could have thrown me a bone with some second lead romance!...but I am just naturally drawn to anything Marcus acts in.  Even bad stuff like Between I will rewatch for certain scenes. Honestly, I think his acting is more compelling than his singing, although I’m bummed that he had to give up singing to go with acting If singing was his true love — what was the reason for that?  Just the economics of it?  Is it harder to make it in the music world?  But I do love that he writes his own music and shows so much heart.  It’s fun listening to his earlier songs in his channel.  Thanks for sharing that fun interview/variety show video!  Funny to see him exercising and singing at the same time!  Love all the Marcus vids!  I will always welcome more!!  Haha.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@songielove Oh~ I'm a Marcus fan too actually. I became his fan in 2018 through Between. I stuck with the drama despite my disappointment with the writing towards the ending haha. I've had all the songs from Oxymoron on repeat since it was released last year, so it was nice to see those songs on the drama. ^^ (For me, my Mandarin is also non existent as well. The only language that I've ever translated in is Japanese lol. You can add/follow me on MyDramaList or Twitter if you want, since that's where I frequent the most.)

To keep this post on-topic, (since we're allow to post IG posts again), here's Kiki's and Marcus' recent posts:

Spoiler

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Slyphykougn said:

@JenL Thanks sooo much for the live subs!!  It helps me so much to see the Eng subs to kind of get me through the Chinese.  I find that when I watch a show in Chinese-only, I might get most of what’s going on, but I connect so much better when there’s English.  I guess that 5-10% that I don’t understand makes a big difference in feel!  I loved seeing how fun and charismatic Simon is.  Totally the life of the party, along with Jason.

I also agree with you, now having watched the BTS, that it’s funny and weird how the ending scenes are completely different!  That makes sense logically from a production standpoint, but like the mom’s last scene in that wooden paneled hotel room was like...how many eps back was that?!?

Haha no worries! Since it sounds like you already watched it - I just added 2 more small translations one:

12:38 Simon talking about Vivian rubbing lotion

30:04 Marcus' award speech (He got the Best Arm Grabbing Award)

Yep, I think I understand how you feel - even for me, re-watching the videos with the subs once I've done them, I feel so much happier XD I think it's because we're so use to thinking in English. I'm very fussy with making the language accurate. Since they talk over each other so much,there are a few lines here and there out of the times I did translate that I couldn't hear properly or didn't understand (like maybe 1%), so I skipped over those, but on the whole, I'm happy with how accurate it is.

22 hours ago, songielove said:

I guess the finality of the drama itself and 20 weeks into this (more than 20 weeks if I count the anticipation leading up to it) really just hit me yesterday. Every time I replay Lose To You MV, I go right back there and experiencing bad withdrawal symptoms, which I did not expect! I have thoughts, but will wait to watch with subs to share them. For now, just want to say I was very touched by Qing Feng's exit scene. And I am really craving Taiwanese fried chicken. 

Aw, Thanks for saying that! Yes, it was lovely to see Qing Feng's final happy ending. And I'm also craving Taiwanese popcorn chicken!

22 hours ago, songielove said:

There's another video where they visit him while doing band rehearsal for his Oxymoron concert this past August (I got tickets but couldn't travel :tears:). 

Sorry I did not share these before, I didn't want to turn this thread into a Marcus Chang thread (does he have a soompi thread? XD I could use more Marcus diehard fans as friends! Especially because my Mandarin is close to nonexistent. Even if you don't speak Mandarin, if you love AngAng, please, let's be friends! Hehee) 

Aw that really sucks @songielove! I'm sad on your behalf since I know you're a serious Marcus fan and it would have been fun and exciting to see him live. But hopefully there will be a next time - I see Marcus being in entertainment for a long time. Have you ever seen him live or gone to his fan meet before? I was always nervous when I went to my Jasper Liu fan meets that I'd travel there and they'd cancel on the day or something, but was lucky I guess that they worked out. I hope when covid passes you'll get the chance to see Marcus again!

As for turning this into a Marcus thread...you totally should have done that because I know I turned it into a Simon thread XD XD XD (Sorry! But my bias, you know.) But I do really like Marcus as an actor a lot - Even if I'm not totally interested in a drama he's in, I try to give it a go *Ahem Between Ahem* when I see he's the lead (I just wish they gave him cooler female lead characters to work with!) And seeing him in real life, I can see why Simon said he got his inspiration for Qing Feng from Marcus on how to be cool and likeable (watching him speak and his mannerisms) . I always did think Marcus has that kind and considerate air about him and I loved his birthday wish to Vivian!

On 10/20/2020 at 1:17 PM, Slyphykougn said:

@JenL Whoa, Devil’s Punisher on Netflix!  (Good to know about Vidol, but my Chinese isn’t good enough to carry me through a whole series :’( ) I thought Netflix only did the more edgy stuff.  I heard that their Asia venture in Taiwan was not producing enough fandom as they had hoped, so I was wondering how that would all play out.  I hope they don’t give up on Taiwan!  I watched Chris Wu’s Ghost Bride, which was fun mainly because it helped me identify better with my Chinese Filipino friends, but otherwise I didn’t love.  The one with Tiffany Hsu was too scary looking for me.  And the Jasper Liu/Mandy one felt like it progressed too rapidly to enjoy.  So I haven’t had high hopes for anything on Netflix, but I do like what I’ve read for DP so far!

@Slyphykougn Ah, I've heard that about Netflix, but there's 2 types of things that Netflix does: Partner with local networks to screen their shows & Create their own content. The bit they're suffering with is creating their own content (like the shows you mentioned The Ghost Bride, Triad Princess, Victim's Game etc) because other companies like HBO (who did The Teenage Psychic) and Fox (who did Someday or One Day) are having more success than them. But I don't think they have any problems with partnering with local networks. The Devil Punisher is one of those partnerships with SETTV, not something they made themselves, so it should be fine.

I agree with you - The Ghost Bride was so beautiful visually - very stunning costumes and sets, but aside from Chris Wu,  the acting was off and it had too much of a teenage romance book Twilight vibe unfortunately. I also couldn't get past that Ludi Lin's fake eyebrows! Victim's Game with Tiffany Hsu is very good and meaningful, but also dark and gruesome. Triad Princess is the Jasper one is with Eugenie Liu (The Jasper Liu-Mandy Wei show When I See You Again is a SETTV show they screened but didn't make)...Triad Princess will have a second season - I think December this year. Hopefully it comes out sooner!

@Ayame Thanks for those photos! Those groups ones are so cute...and the "couple ones" too

• Like 2

Well, I just wanted to get back on here to say bye to this lovely thread and our enjoyable discussion!  Bittersweet. I rewatched episode 20 with the English subs on Viki and really enjoyed it! The flashbacks through the novel were an amazing way to revisit and bring closure to all those events we’ve watched these last four months. They did such a good job showing just enough of each clip to remind us of the scene. I loved how the main couple got plenty of time, and they didn’t just stop at the wedding but gave us an entire half of the episode to see what happened afterwards. The hitchhiking dancing is so ridiculous and funny… So I guess that’s how XE brings out the hidden AR in TX! It was neat to see Marcus slowly transform to incorporating the AR personality. The camping scenes were so sweet, and now I understand why the behind the scenes at that location are so affectionate!

• Like 1

I wanted to pop back in hear and just say I did enjoy the last episode a lot and I do like how they ended everything though I still wish the storybook part was more well developed.  I know there is a distinction between AR and TX but still wish so I could enjoy the whole show more. But the whole cast did an amazing job and overall I did enjoy it. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Very behind, but I finished marathoning Lost Romance and COMPLETELY FELL IN LOVE. I've loved Marcus since Behind Your Smile but this was just miles better. 

I read through this entire forum and the amazing banter makes me so sad I didn't live watch :( 

I had a quick question with regards to background music. Do Taiwanese dramas release their bgm the way Korean dramas do?

There's this one bit of music that played quite often through the show that I just can't get out of my head and I find so moving. It played when Xiao En asked Aoran not to forget it and almost brought me to tears lol 

Is there any way I can get my hands on it? :D 

• 9 months later...

Fell in love with this drama. So well done. I must say Marcus did a fantastic job making us believe Ao Ran and Tian Xing were two different people. That takes talent.

The script was good especially the use of the tropes against the way it is supposed to work in normal romances. Laughing at all the cross references to Kdramas.

The chemistry was off the charts and they didn't have the stupid don't know how to make love stuff. The love making was sizzling. I absolutely felt I was in the presence of adults.

I loved this drama. I wish I had the chance to watch with all of you guys when it was airing but 2020 was a crazy year and I didn't watch much dramas at that time.

I'm also a Marcus fan who was terribly disappointed by Between. It started off wonderfully but fell flat and spiraled down.

This drama was well done. Hopefully I will get to meet all of you in Marcus's next drama :naughty: