[Taiwanese Drama 2020] Lost Romance 浪漫輸給你

0ly40

Oh God How I Miss the discussions. Can't help it. Big exam Friday to Sunday. 

Had one in sep end as well.

The only shining light I see is I will be able to see the show back to back.will comment only then

And thank God atleast this ending is something too look forward too.

If Simon gets puff it's good

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Anjali Punia Good luck with your exams...have missed your discussions!

So it looks like they'll be doing a goodbye livestream rather than a final fan meet for this drama. It seems sad not to have a final fan meet but this is probably for covid safety. Also, I wonder if the actors had an ending of filming party. Normally they gather, have a huge feast and act silly. But maybe it's been discouraged for covid since it might promote them having contact (eg. hugging). Normally the actors livestream the dinner/ or reporters will join and do videos for YouTube and release photos, but I haven't seen anything so far even though all the actors are still in Taiwan ( not filming in China) and filming has definitely ended by now.

Anyway livestream is 9:00pm Taiwan time this Sunday. Marcus, Vivian, Simon will be there as well as Kelly (Mingli), Jason (Tian Jian), Pii (XE's friend), Kiki (Susannah) and Deyn (Qiao Zi, Mingli's bodyguard).

HWlOKcT.png

• Like 2

New still of Qing Feng's story with Puff! Also hope you don't mind, but I chucked your translation on my blog with full credit to you @orenji_neko. I was impressed and wanted to keep in somewhere I could find again, but let me know if you're not comfortable with that and I can always take it off or make it private :)  But if you are, let me know if you would like me to link it to any projects you have - blogs, websites, social medias etc. 

Post here: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/10/instagram-update-very-very-happy-ending.html

nfzvT6z.jpg

• Like 5

On 10/15/2020 at 6:34 AM, JenL said:

Anyway livestream is 9:00pm Taiwan time this Sunday. Marcus, Vivian, Simon will be there as well as Kelly (Mingli), Jason (Tian Jian), Pii (XE's friend), Kiki (Susannah) and Deyn (Qiao Zi, Mingli's bodyguard).

Yeah, I totally miss the ending parties! I appreciate that they often let us in on it and are not so exclusive. Afterall, it is the fans and viewers that contribute to a show's success. More importantly, they're so fun and make the final episode more sweet than bitter. I will surely miss Team Romance! :wub: (although they did go on a camping trip, maybe that will be included in the live). Anyway, I think the consensus for the livestream has been: Yayyy, no ChuChu in appearance (sorry Snowbaby (she is so much more likable as herself hehe)). :sweatingbullets:

@Ayame I wish these cast interviews were subbed or summarized because they seem so insightful! In this one, I believe they talked about which character they'd like to play in the drama other than theirs.

Putting in a plug for our leading man, stripped of his domineering CEO roles (although he may have stole Ao Ran's shirt! LOL kidding). Finally, the "Lose To You" MV will premiere after the finale this Sunday!

Subscribe to Marcus' YouTube ^^

I have to say... I think I might be looking forward to this MV a tiny bit more than the final episode. XD Absolutely love this song and all the thought and heart Marcus put into creating it after receiving the script (there's a video where he talks about the making of the song. The way he lights up  when it comes to music makes me... oh I don't know, lose to him more? Hahahh) :please:

Anyways, after watching Ep19 again, I'm kind of sad to say that this may be my favorite episode. Sad because it's already ending. There was a bit of everything necessary to move the story where we needed for the closure. Plus, I still can't get over Tian Xing's drone. :lol: That was so much fun and relief.. Will be back soon to  add more + respond to previous.

P.S. @Anjali Punia Best of luck to you! Come back to us after your exams.

• Like 3

@songielove Actually if you look at the video again, they did put English subs on it a few hours ago. Just click the CC button. ^^ You're right that they did talk about other characters they'd like to play. They also said goodbye messages to their characters.

• Like 3

Thank you for that, @Ayame! I didn't think to check back. I notice they'll add subtitles a little later, but only to select videos. Wonder how that's decided.

Indeed, insightful and sooo funny! I like that each actor chose a different character and not all the same (with exception of Marcus/Vivian choosing Tian Jian). I think the He siblings are all very layered, even if we don't get to explore all of them as thoroughly, so it's nice to see the cast touch on this. I think we may like Tian Xing more, but as a fan of Marcus, I understand why Ao Ran would be a bit more of a meaningful figure for him to portray once in his life. Thankfully, he is a bit more like Tian Xing in personal life haha. And I'm so for Kelly's suggestion.. Ming Li + Editor Yao! :joy:

It's interesting how some actors don't even get a scene together nor their characters having any relations, yet this entire cast just naturally vibe well when together. They're all playful and thoughtful. I'm excited for the livestream pre-finale.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ayame said:

@songielove Actually if you look at the video again, they did put English subs on it a few hours ago. Just click the CC button. ^^ You're right that they did talk about other characters they'd like to play. They also said goodbye messages to their characters.

@Ayame Thanks so much for always being so timely and keeping us informed about this interviews! Appreciate this so much and these extra bits and pieces have been so fun to watch.

5 hours ago, songielove said:

Yeah, I totally miss the ending parties! I appreciate that they often let us in on it and are not so exclusive. Afterall, it is the fans and viewers that contribute to a show's success. More importantly, they're so fun and make the final episode more sweet than bitter. I will surely miss Team Romance! :wub: (although they did go on a camping trip, maybe that will be included in the live). Anyway, I think the consensus for the livestream has been: Yayyy, no ChuChu in appearance (sorry Snowbaby (she is so much more likable as herself hehe)). :sweatingbullets:

Ah, I'm so glad someone else misses these parties too! They're such gems for seeing our favourite stars hanging casually and having fun. And I think again, it's thanks to the Taiwanese fan culture being more chill that the actors don't have to worry too much and can act like themselves and include their fans. And yes, they help with the feeling of parting from a drama!! Wow, did they go on a camping trip?! Whennnn??? Maybe they will show some stuff on the live! Admittedly, I haven't been following LR as much these days, so this is news to me! Haha poor Snowbaby, I think they excluded her from the video interviews and final fan meet so she wouldn't be bullied (and maybe she has a new project going on)...I'm sure she's a nice person in real life, but Chu Chu was too much.

4 hours ago, songielove said:

Thank you for that, @Ayame! I didn't think to check back. I notice they'll add subtitles a little later, but only to select videos. Wonder how that's decided.

Indeed, insightful and sooo funny! I like that each actor chose a different character and not all the same (with exception of Marcus/Vivian choosing Tian Jian). I think the He siblings are all very layered, even if we don't get to explore all of them as thoroughly, so it's nice to see the cast touch on this. I think we may like Tian Xing more, but as a fan of Marcus, I understand why Ao Ran would be a bit more of a meaningful figure for him to portray once in his life. Thankfully, he is a bit more like Tian Xing in personal life haha. And I'm so for Kelly's suggestion.. Ming Li + Editor Yao! :joy:

It's interesting how some actors don't even get a scene together nor their characters having any relations, yet this entire cast just naturally vibe well when together. They're all playful and thoughtful. I'm excited for the livestream pre-finale.

Agree with everything here!! I believe the subs you see on YouTube are most likely to be fan subs. I've done them for other videos before. And my assessment comes from the language used - they use slang that is more what people living overseas would use and the mistakes on the videos are typos rather than the more complex language/ translator type mistakes. Also the subs appear a few days later rather than instantly. It's possible they could have found someone who studied/worked overseas to do it, but I think they just change the title to Eng Subs when they notice the subs appear :sweatingbullets:  I guess I could have subbed directly on the BTS videos for Lost Romance when I was still doing them - but there's a few reasons why I don't - mainly it's that BTS videos are long and I'm lazy and only want to sub certain sections rather than the whole video and I don't want the more demanding people to make comments like "Why isn't this fully subbed!!?? Give me subs!" (It has happened before :sweatingbullets:) Also, I like getting credit for my own work I guess.

Yes, loved how meaningful these interviews were. I liked how everyone had studied everyone else's characters and had thought about how they would have played those parts. I also never really translated much for Kelly, but I actually really like Kelly as a person. I find her to be so funny and charming and she played a good crazy person really. I loved the starting of the video when Marcus was talking about who he didn't want to play - that was super cute and brought out all my love for Marcus as an actor. Loved how much Simon and Jason had thought about other characters - I really do think Simon has the mind of a good actor and hope he gets some good roles going forward (Also Hi again @Usaheaven Nice to see you again and look forward to your thoughts when you have time :love:)

And yes, cast chemistry was great for this series even though as you said Songie, not all of them filmed together!

• Like 3

@JenL No worries. I'm glad I could help :D

On 10/17/2020 at 12:49 AM, songielove said:

Putting in a plug for our leading man, stripped of his domineering CEO roles (although he may have stole Ao Ran's shirt! LOL kidding).

Which shirt? I hate Aoran's leopard print shirt :sweatingbullets: 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

6 minutes ago, orenji_neko said:

@JenL No worries. I'm glad I could help :D

You are a star :love:

Haha, also I agree! I hated Aoran's leopard print shirt....though Simon Lian has one too :sweatingbullets:

Wow, this might be my shortest post, ever :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Just going back to posts I had wanted to chime in on before the finale tonight (tomorrow morning for me). ^^

On 10/13/2020 at 6:34 AM, JenL said:

I like Tian Xing so much a!! It's weird how Marcus looks the same, but can be 2 different characters and I can really feel nothing for one of them, but find the other so attractive. As Tian Xing, he really really shines. Thank god he's as persistent as Xiao En, but not in an Aoran way. He has some of that confidence, but he's also more well rounded.

Ming Li's parents are/were horrible. The dad really screwed up the family by having an affair and not showing his affections equally to all his children. But the mum also seems like the sort of person who always wanted face and was never genuine. She's so old fashioned and restricted to gender roles too, which is why she's always spoiled her son and neglected her daughter, and she never tried to go out on her own but relied on her husband even after he cheated on her (and he was probably sick of her clingy behaviour). 

I've long wanted to comment on Marcus' performance in portraying both Ao Ran and Tian Xing, but the period of transitioning back to the real world was when I couldn't join the discussion here. Also, didn't want to sound too bias to Marcus as a fan haha. But what's true is true. XD  In a recent podcast (previously recorded but released this week), Marcus said that Ao Ran and Tian Xing are the same person in their hearts, so he had to seriously discuss with the director for a long time before shooting "because you can't act too much like different people, nor too much like the same person". Rather than two extreme opposites, I personally feel like it's more challenging to portray characters who are seemingly different but are essentially the same person. We like Tian Xing so much more (although I think majority of Taiwan fans like Ao Ran more), but there's really a thin line between the two. Takes very subtle acting because it's not just the obvious difference in appearance and how they speak, but their aura is different. The fact that Ao Ran was uninteresting to some of us (or I was less attracted to) and that we like Tian Xing soo much more says that Marcus succeeded! Of course, script and directing as well.
I agree, they had horrible parents. All three siblings show the extreme possible outcomes of having horrible parents. So sad! I have to say that I had to go back a few times to the original profiles to make sure that Tian Xing was the youngest. I totally identify with Ming Li on the daddy issues! I feel sorry for her that it took betrayal from those she was protecting to finally turn a new leaf. I'm excited about the siblings teaming/making up. I honestly would've liked to see more of the three of them together after Tian Xing woke up. Crazy to think that they were only "consciously" together in ep1.

On 10/14/2020 at 1:53 AM, JenL said:

I feel like some fans might say, "See I told you Xiao En really loved Aoran." But unfortunately, my reading of this drama was that she used Aoran to fulfil her Tian Xing fantasies. Then she thought Aoran turned out "better" because he's a romance book character and he knew everything she liked because that's his job as a romance book character - To please the female lead! She bought into it so much that she thinks she loves him more than Tian Xing, who she now thinks 'pales' in comparison because he's an actual person and it took him awhile to figure things out. I'm sorry if that sound cynical, but that's all I can see with the Aoran storyline. I agree with you Songie - I felt so bad for Tian Xing because of the way she's comparing him to a fictional character when he's wayyyy more likeable and intelligent and personable. I also think I would understand her feelings more had they made Aoran's character more dimensional and likeable like Qing Feng. Then I'd find her feelings easier to digest. As it stands,  I'm thinking it will be a happy ending, but the Aoran storyline has put me off Xiao En as a protagonist. I find her less relatable, I guess.

I also hope Tian Xing gets a happy ending. I really do like him as a character too, especially when he was cheering Xiao En up and being assertive in pursuing her. In the episodes since he woken up, I've been wishing each episode that they could have given him and Xiao En more interesting story events to push them together more romantically. It's been a bit slow for me the last 2 episodes, though they did have some interesting development with side characters. I like Ming Li have an epiphany and redemption arc...and a possibly flirtation with her bodyguard. 

I think that Ao Ran was doomed from the beginning, at least for me! Because he already liked Chu Chu, who we know is a total bore and clueless damsel in distress. It turned me off. But I do find his outpour of affections for Xiao En sincere. Just that they came at a sudden rush. I remember I only began to like him the night he came to help her paint-- their first real conversation. If we had had more of those one-on-one moments of them being on equal ground, no doubt I wouldn't feel so conflicted with the present Xiao En. Sanlih revealed that Chun Tian (Xiao En's bff) is a figure that represents us, the viewers. I see it, because I happen to like a lot of her dialogues! But she couldn't be more right when she mentioned about Xiao En cheating on the same person twice. That has been my thought since her return from the novel.

I actually like the slower pacing in "season two" (as Marcus puts it). I think it was necessary not only to ease us in to Tian Xing, a character we know nothing about but are supposed to like (especially coming from the shattered wedding scene of the innocent Ao Ran), but also in showing the mood and overall tone of Tian Xing. He's calm, cool, and collected. I agree, I wish there were more interesting events between him and Xiao En in that time. Except for making a police report, Xiao En reverted back to her old ways, which is a disappointment. So much potential in this part of the story, even if she's still holding on to to Ao Ran.

On 10/16/2020 at 4:00 PM, JenL said:

Ah, I'm so glad someone else misses these parties too! They're such gems for seeing our favourite stars hanging casually and having fun. And I think again, it's thanks to the Taiwanese fan culture being more chill that the actors don't have to worry too much and can act like themselves and include their fans. And yes, they help with the feeling of parting from a drama!! Wow, did they go on a camping trip?! Whennnn??? Maybe they will show some stuff on the live! Admittedly, I haven't been following LR as much these days, so this is news to me! Haha poor Snowbaby, I think they excluded her from the video interviews and final fan meet so she wouldn't be bullied (and maybe she has a new project going on)...I'm sure she's a nice person in real life, but Chu Chu was too much.

They did! None of them posted photos of the trip, but some of them shared it in their IG stories (no people in their stories, just of campsite and tagging each other). So I'm thinking that may have been their ending party. I do love Taiwan fan culture. So much more healthy for everyone!
We appreciate your hard work in translations and summaries! I understand, credit should be rightfully dued to all those who contribute. I know that many overseas fans tend to skip out on currently airing Taiwan dramas when they're on the one-episode-per-week schedule, but I find that I would be losing out on the entire experience. Besides as a Marcus fan responsibility XD, I know I needed to watch Lost Romance as it airs because it was my first time committing to this crossing-worlds/fantasy genre (which I've said before); I would need guidance haha. The discussions here and yours and everyone's contributions made the experience all the more fulfilling. So, thank you all so much!

6 hours ago, orenji_neko said:

6 hours ago, JenL said:

Haha, also I agree! I hated Aoran's leopard print shirt....though Simon Lian has one too :sweatingbullets:

Me three! :lol: It was a statement shirt, for sure! At least that was only for the fictitious role of Ao Ran, Simon owns one for real. Is it the one he wore to Marcus' concert? Hahahahh. The shirt I'm talking about from the "Lose To You" MV:

FB-IMG-1602830974495.jpg
Cr. Sony Music Taiwan

:lol::love:

I hope to see you all for the pre-show livestream, final episode, and premiere of this MV! It's been a good 4+ months. No matter what happens, I'm happy we all got to share this drama together.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Not my last post, but I'm just going to say this now, since I think it's only going to be a matter of time till the drama finishes and people may drift off to other dramas and threads (I'll be watching the last episode tomorrow night and may translate the behind the scenes if they include the filming of Simon and Puff's scenes, which I feel they might since Qing Feng fans have died a little the past few episodes).

Thank you so much everyone for participating in this little forum! I am so glad to have been able to share opinions, theories and ideas with you all. I know I've been like the annoying odd person who cared more for the second lead more than the main couple, so thanks for listening to me spazz about Qing Feng every week... like Literally.Every.Week :tounge_wink:

Special Thanks to the regulars who were lots of fun to chat/ share content with: @Usaheaven @songielove @Anjali Punia @Ayame

Also Thanks to those who came to provide good insights: @Slyphykougn @orenji_neko @VanellopeVS2020 @cheekychipmunk_stv

I'm sorry if I left out anyone as this was a pretty big-ish thread for a Taiwanese drama and I'm not sure who is still here currently ^^ Your ideas and discussions were all good and fun to read, whether you liked Aoran, Qing Feng or Tian Xing. Thanks so much for sharing over these months! Hope we can chat again on other threads/ forums.

I'm watching the drama following on from this - The Devil Punisher, so if you're a fan of Mike He, Ivy Shao or you're just thinking of watching that drama, you can find me on that thread on Soompi after Lost Romance finished up. If you're a regular t-drama/k-drama watcher and tweeter and want a mutual twitter friend, you can find me on my relatively new twitter account: @thsdramaticdays

Also SETTV just put up another Simon + Puff still. Trying to wheel Simon fans back for the finale XD

r14p6OZ.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Some little translations on the Good bye live right now:

- Kelly and Pii couldn't make it coz they got sick

-There was apparently a kiss Marcus and Vivian had to do for a long time because they were being filmed by drone and so they didn't know when to stop, so they just kept going.

- Vivian said it felt like there were more people, working on set, in the room when they were filming the bedroom scene. Simon said that everyone was told to go up to the third floor to do stuff and then saw the filming by accident,

- They asked Deyn if the bodyguard has a crush on Ming Li, and he said secret repressed feelings

- Simon said in the past he played more domineering roles, so he was really glad to play Qing Feng's kind, mature role - he said it's still different to his personality, so he was glad to learn from it. They asked what Simon's favourite thing about Qing Feng was - they all said "setting on fire" XD

- Right now they're giving them "awards" and Simon is making a silly speech. They're thanking their parents XD

-Marcus suddenly left to get Vivian's birthday cake and ppl thought he went to the bathroom when he came back Jason joked that the cake came from the toilet XD

-Everyone's bday wishes were so funny, but Marcus' was so sweet - he said Vivian brought a lot of fun and happiness to them all and he was happy to have acted LR with her

-Hahah Simon just fed Vivian a dried squid when she said QF was her important friend XD

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

• Guest changed the title to [Taiwanese Drama 2020] Lost Romance 浪漫輸給你

Am I Marcus fan ? Yes.

Did I like the show . Yes.

Did I watch the finale . Yes.

But did I watch the finale for Marcus or lead couple.

Oh No. I watched it for Qingfeng and Mingli.

I really like this about Taiwanese dramas, they can either make you love second leads or make you think why do they exist. Some redemption arcs like this one are good some are stupid ( you are my destiny is my biggest disappointment)

Spoiler and thoughts ahead

Spoiler

So I am pretty decent at understanding the language but I guess after writing exams back to back for 18 hours in 3 days my mind decided to go on a holiday.

Honestly I only understood two words 

Mingli asking TX of he has gone mad and Qingfeng thanking for the happy ending .( For those who want to see Simon's ending it's at the 10 minutes before the end. I honestly fast forwarded the episode to watch him.

Ok. So Mingli and her assistant do have something on. It was very subtle.

For someone like Mingli's personality I don't think she would be fine with anyone touching her or holding her back but in today's Epi 

The assistant did it 3/4 times . He has done it before as well. You would expect a knee jerk reaction if something like that happened but Mingli doesn't have such issues I guess 

I think if she ever trusted anyone it was the assistant.

I still didn't understand how they cross entered the novel world . Will have to wait for subs.

And I think I am going on a rewatch spree from 1 onwards.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@JenL Thanks for your quick translations. They're just too fun! It was bittersweet, but I totally feel the love. Marcus and Vivian have gotten closer as friends, and I only hope that Simon and Kiki and the rest of the team will keep in touch and meet again for future projects. I guess we know what the camping trip was for now!

The finale... I can't stop smiling, but tearing up a bit too. :please:

Bravo and congratulations to Team Romance! What a journey! I hope everyone enjoyed/will enjoy the final chapter.

@Ayame Thank you, as always! My stream lagged a bit in those very vital moments! I will be rewatching this episode multiple times this week until it all makes sense and settles in. Of course, I will be back once it does set in.. :tears::)

P.S. The MV is soo visually pretty. I really like the personal touches, contrast of light and darkness/rain and sunshine, and the ending! He worked hard for this body, for both drama and MV-- now he can now go off of his chicken breast diet! :joy::doggie:

P.P.S. :heart:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

So many kissessssss, even their awkwardness was cute. I love each and every part of it:cutekitty:

I wish there were more. But just like what Tianxing said, even though the story ends once the MC find their happy ending, they will forever be in our heart. Now I'm gonna go sit in a corner and cry :tears::tears::tears:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Oh so sad that we have reached the last episode of this awesome drama. But am glad just the same for all the happy endings --  TX and XE, QF and Puff, He family and that the published books of TX and QF were both hits  lol.  For now waiting eagerly for the english sub.  

I am going to miss this show but most specially miss you guys. I may be the only one watching this show at home but in this forum you guys made me feel like I was not alone. All the individual inputs, translations,  thoughts, clips of the Lost Romance team..... simply amazing. I had so much fun. Thank you everyone. :heart: Hope to hear from y'all on different threads. 

@JenL I will find you in  Devil's Punisher thread. :)  Also, I am just starting to watch more dramas and was curious who Jasper Liu was.  I found out who he is ... OMG I like him too!!! ha ha ha ... 

• Like 3