[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Novoland: Pearl Eclipse 九州·斛珠夫人

sugarplum892

9 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I have been suspecting him

since very early on, but the actor acting this role has been busy defending himself on social media lol.. 

What is he defending himself against?

Being a villain in the story?

There is a mastermind behind the one in the clothing department, I forgot his name.

I hope it's not Shifu's trusted aide.

• Like 1

Shao Zi has had many opportunities to kill or harm FZ when he was in a coma, so I don’t think it’s him.I suspect the big boss behind Eunuch Shi is …

Spoiler

Ti Lan’s brother? Remember the time when Ti Lan was presented with his personal amulet and asked to kill the Emperor? Only he could have personally given it to someone to pass to her. 

In the latest episode when the mermaid …

Spoiler

Offered to heal FZ, he said later, rest first - I was like Urghhhhhh! why delay it? What if something else happens along the way, like the mermaid gets killed or something ……? Then all that effort to bring her to Capital would be for nothing!

• Like 1

Hi hi! I had to pause for a day with my crazy work and BTS taking over yesterday. So am watching all 4 episodes - they are bit slower but I liked how they focused on the relationships, especially how Haishi is teaming up with the Emperor to save Shifu. I am glad that Haishi knows everything now too.

As much as I love OTP moments, I wish C dramas will tone down the long flashbacks and montages in the show - it takes me out. This show was clever to disguise as the mermaid seeing the OTP relationship tho. 

I also think at this rate it will be a super bitter sweet ending - they’ve dropped too many forewarnings to make it a HE. 

OMG 

Spoiler

I didn’t expect Haishi’s mom to die —- so sad!

LOL at the Prince running away and yes to Haishi getting justice for her mother

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, omiki said:

Shao Zi has had many opportunities to kill or harm FZ when he was in a coma, so I don’t think it’s him.I suspect the big boss behind Eunuch Shi is …

Hide contents

Ti Lan’s brother? Remember the time when Ti Lan was presented with his personal amulet and asked to kill the Emperor? Only he could have personally given it to someone to pass to her. 

In the latest episode when the mermaid …

Hide contents

Offered to heal FZ, he said later, rest first - I was like Urghhhhhh! why delay it? What if something else happens along the way, like the mermaid gets killed or something ……? Then all that effort to bring her to Capital would be for nothing!

@omiki 

1) I agree with you. Prince Suolan could be the Final Culprit.  And he has a good reason to do so, being from a Rival Kingdom.  Also General Tang might have fed him with a lot of wrong info like Emperor Chu not treating Tilan well.....  

2) General Tang could join forces with Prince Soulan for the Final Usurp.  He has great affections for Tilan since they grew up together.

3) "Clown Prince" Ji Chang has been a Hostage in Zhunian for 10 years.  I'm sure he must have:

- Felt being wronged.

- Had a lot resentment for Emperor Chu and  yearning for his Throne 

- Planning with the Zhunian Strongmen: Prince Suolan and General Tang for many years to overthrow him

4) Prince Suolan could use Tilan as a Hostage.

We shall see Tonight.....

• Like 1

Gosh, I hope Tilan will be fine. I somehow feel sorry for A'Xu the emperor despite his eccentricities.

He never wanted the throne and lost his beloved in the process.

It would  be sad if he lost Tilan and the baby but I believe he might.

As for Shifu, I think he has already accepted his role as Baixi despite finding the person he loves.

The story might show the victory of the country at the sacrifice of the emperor and his trusted aides.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ElleSor said:

What is he defending himself against?

Being a villain in the story?

Yes, many ppl are suspecting him

6 hours ago, Yinye said:

I also think at this rate it will be a super bitter sweet ending - they’ve dropped too many forewarnings to make it a HE. 

What is the definition of a HE? Does everyone has to be alive to make it so? During a live broadcast today, the Emperor has hinted that

Spoiler

Going to heaven can be defined as a HE too.

• Like 1

To stabilise the situation in the southwest, Emperor Chu sent 100,000 soldiers to Xiping Port.  Simultaneously he transferred 50,000 soldiers back from Huangquan Pass.  In doing so he weakens the defence in Huangquan Pass.

This paves the way for the subsequent siege of the rebels.  Internal troubles are easy to solve.  But external invasions are not easy to deal with.  Once the Huangquan Pass has been torn open, Duoluo's troops can easily come in.  And Emperor Chu's southwest enemies will look forward to it.

The General in charge of Huangquan is General Tang. He is from Zhunian. He can easily open the Pass to these Rebels.  

Emperor Chu and Fang Jian Ming are smart.  But not smart enough to see this

• Like 1

I just finished Eps 45 and 46.

Ep 45:

Spoiler

1) @Prettysup  You are right. Princess Tara died when she shield FZY from an arrow. So we can see a Happy Ending for his Romance with Zheliu.  At least 1 out of 3 romances.

2) Alas "Clown Prince Ji Heng is a Fake.  I dislike plots with Lost Twins, Doppelganger, etc.  It just means the Scriptwriter is not Creative enough.

3) I was just wondering.  How come when Emperor Chu grants an audience to Prince Soulan, he has no Imperial Guards with him.  What if he is attacked"

Ep 46:

Spoiler

1) Sifu has to terminate his Baixi first before Lang Huan can Detox for him.

2) Emperor Chu was excited and wants to do it immediately.  But Sifu says it has to be done on the same kind of Day as when they first Initiate the Baixi.  Their Baixi was done on a Full Moon Day.  Similarly they have to choose a Full Moon Day.  (I was so Worried.  Like @omiki said before. What if something happens in between?))

I don't like this Bad Habit of Sifu.  Always like to procrastinate.

3) When Haishi carries the Blue Blood of Lang Huan in a small cup to Sifu's residence, I was worried:

- what if an Assassin suddenly appears ? 

- what if somebody suddenly bumps into her?

Why can't they put it securely in a small vial or something ?  These Scriptwriters always like to give us Anxiety and Panic Attack.   I was relieved when the Detoxification was completed;

4) So cute when Mu Deqing had to punch the Emperor.  I really LOL.  The Emperor is so excited to be able to feel Pain again.  After all these years.  Who can blame him eh?

5) Sifu was Officially Declared Dead. Both Sifu and Haishi can now leave to lead a Peaceful Life.  But I'm sure the enemies are celebrating.  Without Fang Jian Ming, the emperor is vulnerable.

6) The Scene when Lang Huan was released back into the Ocean is so beautifully done. I love it.

7) Meanwhile, Prince Soulan begins his "Chess-Game" by visiting Tilan and tries to win her Trust :

- first with Zhunian Cookies

- then with a Picture of a Baby

- next telling her how he wants to make Zhunian strong. So that they need not always pester Emperor Chu for assistance.

Ah.  They won't leave Fang Jian Ming in peace.....

I don't like China's new policy of putting a Cap on the total no of episodes.  The "cuts" somehow disrupt an otherwise smooth flow of the Story.  They need not ape Korea.   Because Chinese Dramas release 6 - 10 episodes a week.  It can finish very Fast.  Unlike Korea where they only have 2 episode per week.

Sometimes I do feel that this drama is a bit disconnected and abrupt, as though they were in a hurry.  

• Like 1

Finally tonight the last episode will be aired. I really need happy ending, but with many sweet moments between Shifu and Haishi made me lil bit afraid with the ending tonight. Will they give us sweet before tears?

Somehow I have feeling eventhough Haishi kept talking about having child together with Shifu, they might not make it. Because with Haishi's position as Young Emperor's Regeant and has Shifu's child, that can be a new problem. But I don't know. For now just trust our PD and the writer.

• Like 2

Been binge watching for some days now, and I've enjoyed watching the episodes. Done with 38 eps, and will start with 39th onwards. I'm looking forward to more twists and surprises.

There are many things I've liked so far:

1. The bromance of Emperor Xu and Lord Fang;

2. Prince Chang and cohorts beginning to reveal true selves;

3. Prince Soulan who might be manipulating his sister Consort Tilan's sense of loyalty;

4. Rising power of Haishi.

I certainly like it that the integration of magic and fantasy is not so excessively overwhelming, such that the story is still very much relatable and "what happened that time really happened". :)

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Watched 45 and 46

Spoiler

Oh I didn’t expect the twist that Prince wasn’t the real one - I liked it because it gave more depth to the motivation for being a villain

Yey to our OTP and Emperor finally succeeding to end the Baixi and cure Shifu. The punch me scene was funny and I love the scene when Shifu went back to pick stuff up and was chatting with the Emperor. 

OTP can finally be free and cute but all this happiness is def not the norm for Cdrama with two episodes left - gonna prepare myself anyways but I am glad OTP have time together for a bit 

I also do think because of the episode cap, the editing of these last episodes aren’t as strong. It’s quite choppy re the whole ZY storyline but I’ll take it this over dragging episodes 

grrr Tilan’s bro is the last villain afterall 

• Like 2

@MayanEcho welcome! glad you are watching too.

@maria_m2me check this out for a spoiler, one that is been speculated about someone's demise

Spoiler
Spoiler

Credit: tencent

00859vNJly1gx2vmiwl1jj30zk0nqgul.jpg

00859vNJly1gx2vmii6f1j30zk0nqgu1.jpg
the scene where HS rushes into FJM's room with her blood-soaked gown - if FJM were on the verge of dying, would this posture be possible?

Another teaser from Tencent (credit: tencent)

00859vNJly1gx2yfylplwg30u01xhu16.gif 

So the words, roughly translated for the FJM-HS couple is "twice, wanted to travel the world together, a fond dream, whatever the heart wishes comes true"

for the ZL-FZY couple - In the arms of the beloved, galloping from north to south, happiness is achieved (roughly yah)

@hush puppy I would have given everything (well, almost) to be a fly in the room when the Emperor was talking to HS, before FJM barged right in (in E43). I was also told that there were scenes we have not seen or have been cut out where

Spoiler

they both burried HS's mum and after they fell off the cliff which gave him that realisation that he has lost out on many moments.

And yes, what a convenient way for Tara to...

Spoiler

be removed from the storyline and for an explanation as to why the villain, Ji Chang was such a coward - of course - becaues he's an impostor. Like you, I am 100% sure that one HE will be the 3rd OTP, Zhe Liu and FJY or DL.

Among the 50,000 troops that came back, a subset of them are part of the rebellion army that will stage an attack in E48. Again, they have been conveniently sent to the capital and can attack the palace.

artistic impressions of the scenes

0060JcxTly1gx2wqoes5ej35gv2x0he1.jpg

0060JcxTly1gx2wqxsgcpj335s1ookjp.jpg

0060JcxTly1gx2wqrrakzj335s1oo4qs.jpg

credit:  呼葱觅蒜 on Weibo

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, SC2019 said:

welcome! glad you are watching too.

Thank you! I'm enjoying the drama. I love the clothes! :lol:

There are many familiar faces from Sword of Legends drama in Novoland Pearl Eclipse. William Chan is perfect for calm, cool, and collected roles. What a funny guy though, LOL!

The artworks are lovely! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Well, it's a wrap folks...

Spoiler

Emperor and Ti Lan die. To protect the young crown prince who was born premature and is very weak, FJM binds himself as bai xi to the baby again!

Our HS becomes the Empress and takes care of the crown prince. We don't get to see FJM again, but the little crown prince refers to him as his teacher and says that over the years, his health has gotten better. And that regularly (make that daily) someone is checking in on the teacher's health.

He also asks his mother to visit the teacher today as he is going shortly for his class. And here's the hint, the Crown Prince says "Don't you want to come as you enjoy going to listen to teacher teaching?" Though HS is worried that if she goes today it will make the teacher tired, the little crown prince insists that the mother go, because the teacher will be happy to see her.

So, we can infer from this that FJM didn't die, he became bai xi to the crown prince and his teacher. But it seems that HS as the Empress definitely doesn't get to live her live as husband and wife with FJM. They are likely to have met often as he teaches the crown prince regularly. Though they are in close proximity with each other, they are apart  in a way and she will never have his children. Both are duty-bound to the Crown Prince.

So, that folks is a wrap!

Note: My only consolation is that she can seek his council when she needs it, and though they can't live as husband and wife, both are comforted to know that they are really not that far apart, and can look out for each other. And she has a valid excuse to see him, when she wants to. 

And if I were to let my imagination run a little wild, HS and FJM can leave when the CP becomes Emperor in 10 odd years time. HS would be in her 30s and FJM would be in his 40s. Despite mortality rates being high, they still have a few good years left in them, provided FJM doesn't die prematurely because he is Bai Xi to the CP.

By the way, I was curious as to what was the symbolism behind the crane's feather:

You know the ending with the crane flying above head and it sheds a feather? It's when the Crown Prince aka Emperor is telling HS that FJM's health has improved as compared with the earlier years...

From https://fengshuibeginner.com/crane-symbolism/, here's what the crane means:
"In China, the crane, also known as the heron has always been one of the most auspicious symbols since the olden times. It is a symbol of nobility and long life. In addition, it also represents everlasting love and loyalty in romance. "

And from artfixdaily.com:
"In Chinese culture, the crane is venerated as the prince of all feathered creatures and thus has a legendary status. Embodying longevity and peace, it is the second most favored bird symbol after the phoenix"

So, I take it to mean that the country is ushering in a period of peace and that FJM will live a long life. I was a little puzzled as to why the feather flew in the wind and we got to see young HS with FJM.... and I think the first explanation informs us that it also represents "everlasting love and loyalty"....

So that's the parting message - though a rather cryptic one. Geez, it's not like all audiences know what the crane means!

PS please make sure you watch all the way till the end, finish the credits of the song for E48, there's something there that I didn't expect to see.

Edited: Important clue as to whether HS-FJM had a child or not.

Spoiler
Spoiler

The translation on WeTV is incorrect or rather not accurate for the announcement where Consort Chu Rong is appointed as Empress Dowager. Instead it should read:

The eldest son, Prince Wei Yun promoted Consort Chun Rong of Feng Wu Palace to Empress Dowager. 

The word used was the eldest son which was missed out totally. Du Xi only had one child with Ti Lan, he had no other children. So the word the eldest son confirms that HS had a child with FJM. Most of us saw the reaction of the mermaid when she touched HS's hand as she was returned to the sea. But some of us thought it meant that she found out they were together. There are no other clues after that and during the conversation btwn the child Emperor and HS, there is no mention of a sibling, so this is the only clue we have.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

Finished! I love the ending. It is not perfect but that is life.

Spoiler

Some viewers are not happy that FZ and HS didn’t get to lead the carefree life they yearn for. But I think this ending make their characters even more meaningful. 

The second Baixi with the crown prince was unexpected but so totally in character. FZ would never allow him to die without trying. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Well, it's a wrap folks...

Reveal hidden contents

Emperor and Ti Lan die. To protect the young crown prince who was born premature and is very weak, FJM binds himself as bai xi to the baby again!

Our HS becomes the Empress and takes care of the crown prince. We don't get to see FJM again, but the little crown prince refers to him as his teacher and says that over the years, his health has gotten better. And that regularly (make that daily) someone is checking in on the teacher's health.

He also asks his mother to visit the teacher today as he is going shortly for his class. And here's the hint, the Crown Prince says "Don't you want to come as you enjoy going to listen to teacher teaching?" Though HS is worried that if she goes today it will make the teacher tired, the little crown prince insists that the mother go, because the teacher will be happy to see her.

So, we can infer from this that FJM didn't die, he became bai xi to the crown prince and his teacher. But it seems that HS as the Empress definitely doesn't get to live her live as husband and wife with FJM. They are likely to have met often as he teaches the crown prince regularly. Though they are in close proximity with each other, they are apart  in a way and she will never have his children. Both are duty-bound to the Crown Prince.

So, that folks is a wrap!

Note: My only consolation is that she can seek his council when she needs it, and though they can't live as husband and wife, both are comforted to know that they are really not that far apart, and can look out for each other. And she has a valid excuse to see him, when she wants to. 

And if I were to let my imagination run a little wild, HS and FJM can leave when the CP becomes Emperor in 10 odd years time. HS would be in her 30s and FJM would be in his 40s. Despite mortality rates being high, they still have a few good years left in them, provided FJM doesn't die prematurely because he is Bai Xi to the CP.

By the way, I was curious as to what was the symbolism behind the crane's feather:

You know the ending with the crane flying above head and it sheds a feather? It's when the Crown Prince aka Emperor is telling HS that FJM's health has improved as compared with the earlier years...

From https://fengshuibeginner.com/crane-symbolism/, here's what the crane means:
"In China, the crane, also known as the heron has always been one of the most auspicious symbols since the olden times. It is a symbol of nobility and long life. In addition, it also represents everlasting love and loyalty in romance. "

And from artfixdaily.com:
"In Chinese culture, the crane is venerated as the prince of all feathered creatures and thus has a legendary status. Embodying longevity and peace, it is the second most favored bird symbol after the phoenix"

So, I take it to mean that the country is ushering in a period of peace and that FJM will live a long life. I was a little puzzled as to why the feather flew in the wind and we got to see young HS with FJM.... and I think the first explanation informs us that it also represents "everlasting love and loyalty"....

So that's the parting message - though a rather cryptic one. Geez, it's not like all audiences know what the crane means!

PS please make sure you watch all the way till the end, finish the credits of the song for E48, there's something there that I didn't expect to see.

Yes...I'm glad I watched till the end of the credits scene.

I had an inkling when the child talked about it but I'm happy the last scene was there.

Thank you for the explanation about the crane feather. I'm glad it (the cranes) was shown in ZY and ZL scene as well as with HS and the young emperor. 

@Prettysup

I agree! I love the ending as well. This is one of the few ancient dramas that I am actually happy with regarding the ending. 

Thanks so much for watching and commenting with me everyone!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SC2019 said:

I usually do not watch the ending theme song, this time I made sure to watch right to the end. 

• Like 1