[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Novoland: Pearl Eclipse 九州·斛珠夫人

sugarplum892

@Prettysup Yes I agree, the scenes you mentioned were what I also read in another forum, the burial scene and the cave scene after they fell off. FJM's moment of epiphany when he realised he had lost out on too much! As for the poisoned arrow, that I didn't know.

@MayanEcho  Zhouying finding Zheilu again and their courtship, and Zhouying's rise to power is definitely something that got cut out among many other things in the 7 episodes. Possibly some scenes of planning by HS and FJM on how to clean up the court - I notice that the official who presented Zhuo Ying's message in court was a much younger official, they probably got rid of the older ones and had fresh talent brought into the palace. And most definitely, FJM telling HS that she has to take on the role of ED, because her last words were "I will stay on as Madame Hu Zhu". I don't think she is loathe to take on the role, I think deep down inside, she will derive some satisfaction from it, just that it wasn't something she has ever considered.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

On 12/6/2021 at 4:46 AM, SC2019 said:

well, you know FJM right? (and HS by virtue of his mentorship) Duty towards country. More so, he witnessed his bestie die and the baby is an orphan. There's no leader at all, no successor to the throne. That's the only logical thing to do...

During the whole drama in each situation he makes the only decision he is left to make due to the concourse of different circumstances.

It reminded me a bit my favorite Kdrama Scarlett Heart. The ML there actually just wanted to protect his beloved and  in every situation he was just trying to do so, but in the end he ended on the throne not able to be together with her :(

• Like 5

We have 3 couple

Spoiler

(1) Both alive, husband and wife but can not live as husband and wife because Nation and People always be their first priority

(2) Both die and left their son to their trust person - Di Xu trust Shifu like half parts of himself & Ti Lan also trust Haishi as her own sister and the only friend

(3) Both alive and live together as husband and wife

They have their own happy ending, meanwhile we, the common viewers, sit and cry because of their bittersweet journey.

My opinion

Spoiler

about Shifu and Haishi has their children, only for let their own child become Baixi for this Crown Prince. That's cruel. Eventhough the Crown Prince not their own son, but they indeed looking after him like their own son. Both of them take care the Crown Prince together, make sure the Crown Prince become the great and wise leader. As Haishi's wish, they grow old together and looking after their child.

And Shifu in the end back live in shadow, that's the best. Because Emperor already declared Shifu has died. That's good Shifu not back in court because if both of them stay in spotlight, people can use their relationship as backfired. With Shifu stay in shadow, their relationship can be stay close

• Like 2

7 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

They have their own happy ending, meanwhile we, the common viewers, sit and cry because of their bittersweet journey.

OMO, some of the comments in YT and FB are understandably unhappy, but there are posts that are quite insane. I saw one blaming Emperor Xu for "choosing" to die rather than take care of his baby, denying FJM and Haishi life together. Sigh, in his state of mind not to mention injuries, and who he had just lost, there's no way Emperor Xu can still live. His death, IMO, is mercy for him.

At least we got to see Soulan's death, though I wish he was hacked to pieces, LOL. He was so young, yet so full of schemes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

At least we got to see Soulan's death, though I wish he was hacked to pieces, LOL. He was so young, yet so full of schemes. 

Yes, very much satisfied with his death. Uncle Shi's (if I spell the name correctly :wub:) death was a pleasure to watch as well.:yaaa:.

By the way,  I wonder after Suo Lan's death do they still have other heirs to the throne? I wonder if the young Prince could become a heir to the throne of his mom's kingdom...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, leo2020 said:

By the way,  I wonder after Suo Lan's death do they still have other heirs to the throne? I wonder if the young Prince could become a heir to the throne of his mom's kingdom...

LOL, if the writer was me, mom's kingdom should have been invaded as revenge for the crimes and chaos Soulan did. That way, little Crown Prince gets all that Soulan ever wanted and what he used to have. 

Thinking more about it, IMO, the bittersweet deaths of Emperor Xu and Tilan is "right". Had they lived on, Emperor Xu would never be at peace where Tilan is concerned, even if she becomes the Empress. His citizens will never support it because she's the sister of Soulan. Tilan will never have an easy life no matter how much the Emperor dotes on her. They have loyal people and friends like FJM and Haishi, but there are more people who would be willing to challenge the throne because of how they perceived the couple.

Even the little Prince wouldn't have been spared. However, because he is the only child of the late Emperor, born during a crisis, people will naturally back and protect the only heir to the throne.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

OMO, some of the comments in YT and FB are understandably unhappy, but there are posts that are quite insane. I saw one blaming Emperor Xu for "choosing" to die rather than take care of his baby, denying FJM and Haishi life together. Sigh, in his state of mind not to mention injuries, and who he had just lost, there's no way Emperor Xu can still live. His death, IMO, is mercy for him.

Actually FJM was considering to activate the Baixi again to save the emperor before he die, so if the emperor had 'chose' to live, it would mean FJM would be the one getting his injuries and possibly die on the spot (or take a long time to recuperate as the situation during their original Baixi). 

13 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Yes, very much satisfied with his death. Uncle Shi's (if I spell the name correctly :wub:) death was a pleasure to watch as well.

Haha you are so nice to call him Uncle. Yeah his death was a great scene, the way his head got cut off. And FZ had some great fighting scene there.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

14 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Actually FJM was considering to activate the Baixi again to save the emperor before he die, so if the emperor had 'chose' to live, it would mean FJM would be the one getting his injuries and possibly die on the spot (or take a long time to recuperate as the situation during their original Baixi). 

Sigh, this was also complicated. If FJM was again Baixi to the Emperor, the ill newborn Prince may not have survived. Emperor Xu's refusal gave his baby the chance to live. 

• Like 2

On 12/12/2021 at 12:57 AM, MayanEcho said:

Sigh, this was also complicated. If FJM was again Baixi to the Emperor, the ill newborn Prince may not have survived. Emperor Xu's refusal gave his baby the chance to live. 

Yes, it was all in favor of the child.

Whether it was a conscious decision or not, it helped the little prince. 

• Like 3

So I created an account just to post in here lol

I just finished the drama and O. M. G

I really like the Emperor and Consort Shurong.   The actress playing the role is so friggin pretty so it wasn't a stretch when they made Prince Xu fall for her in first sight :fullofhearts:I fell for her too and I'm a girl lol.   His relationship with Shurong is volatile and let's face it abusive af.   I hated the way he treated her.   I wish she gave it back to him more, ya know?  :Furious: 

Like I get that he's the Emperor and stuff, but girl, someone needs to knock him down a notch.   And I can tell that Shurong has some spine in her too.   I mean, she kept talking back to him in such a meek yet backhanded manner that he didn't know what to do with her afterwards. 

Spoiler

The scene that pissed me off the most was the carving scene ==' Praying the spoiler tag works lol 

My heart melted when he started laughing more and more because of her tho, so I guess I get where Stockholm Syndrome comes from now :)

Spoiler

And their death scene, bruh TOT. At least it was beautifully shot smh. 

I have to say, Yang Mi is really trustworthy when it comes to her works.   The quality of the scenes are top-notch.   I am not used to watching cdramas that are so well-executed lol

On 12/10/2021 at 6:17 PM, MayanEcho said:

Spoiler

When he was dying, he wouldn't let go of her dead body TOT And to think this was the same guy who wanted her dead, in the first episode :byebye2:

Edited by hol
Finally figured out how to add spoilers =='
  • Like 4

Welcome to Soompi! :)

7 hours ago, hol said:

I really like the Emperor and Consort Shurong. The actress playing the role is so friggin pretty so it wasn't a stretch when they made Prince Xu fall for her in first sight. I fell for her too and I'm a girl lol. His relationship with Shurong is volatile and let's face it abusive af.   I hated the way he treated her.   I wish she gave it back to him more, ya know?

Di Xu and Tilan are well-matched, beautiful beings. About the abusive behaviour of the Emperor to his new bride, though I don't condone it, I also get where the resentment and hostility are coming from. He was still mourning his beloved late wife Zizan, but then Tilan was sent to him along with his "younger brother" back. Sending him a bride who looked so much like his late wife - if that wasn't pulling the tiger's tail on purpose, not to mention rubbing more salt to the wound...

7 hours ago, hol said:

Like I get that he's the Emperor and stuff, but girl, someone needs to knock him down a notch.   And I can tell that Shurong has some spine in her too.   I mean, she kept talking back to him in such a meek yet backhanded manner that he didn't know what to do with her afterwards. 

She admitted to needling him too, when she and the Emperor had a good heart-to-heart talk. :)

7 hours ago, hol said:

My heart melted when he started laughing more and more because of her tho, so I guess I get where Stockholm Syndrome comes from now :)

It wasn't an easy relationship to begin with, that's why we all got mad when their happiness and time together was cut short.

Spoiler

Their deaths were perfectly acted and shot. Xu Kaichen and Chen Xiaoyun nailed their scenes.

7 hours ago, hol said:

I have to say, Yang Mi is really trustworthy when it comes to her works.   The quality of the scenes are top-notch.   I am not used to watching cdramas that are so well-executed lol

I first watched Yang Mi in Eternal Love. Have you seen it? I've seen Yang Mi and William Chan in Sword of Legends. They weren't a couple there, but William Chan had a similar role of a level-headed and caring senior. ^_^

• Like 1

Apparently many viewers are still not able to let go of this drama, citing it has a very 'lasting' effect to make them keep thinking about it, and the urge to rewatch it. Some say that there are many minute details at the beginning which they missed at the first watch. 

Meanwhile, here is the BTS of the ending scene between Yang Mi and William

• Like 2

On 12/26/2021 at 11:02 AM, leo2020 said:

@Prettysuphi). I wonder if you know if is it a lot compared with other popular dramas?) I mean it's a lot in absolute figures, but do they have like a drama views rating list or smth like that?). Just curious).

Yeah, based on current context, the viewership of 4 billion for a drama that was aired for less than 2 months is considered quite good. Previously, many of the other dramas had their viewership exaggerated by fake numbers. So after the China government's recent cleaning up exercise, hitting this figure can be considered noteworthy. The final number will only be confirmed 14 days after the drama ends its non-VIP run, sometime in mid January 2022.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Novoland: Pearl Eclipse 九州·斛珠夫人

Soompi Forums Awards (Poll #2): The best streaming dramas, c-dramas, daily/weekend dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now you can also vote for your favorite 2021:

• Daily/weekend dramas
  • C-dramas
  • Streaming dramas (ie dramas that only appeared on streaming sites like Netflix)

milk-and-mocha-cute.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Like 2

• 3 months later...