[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Novoland: Pearl Eclipse 九州·斛珠夫人

sugarplum892

I just finish Ep 37 and 38. Personally I prefer Eps 35 and 36 - more exciting.

Ep 37:

Spoiler

1) Haishi enters the Court to defend Sifu. As she enters, Sifu turns to look at her longingly. (Very Sad).  Let's not scold him anymore alright.

2) So as I've guessed, Haishi has to perform some miracles with her Pearls to silence the Court Officials. After dipping her hands into a bowl of water, she is able to perform a "David Copperfield Trick".  When she hovers her palm over the Pearls, they levitate. Confirming that she has met an Immortal when young.  And is now the Messenger of the Dragon Tail Goddess (i.e. The Mermaid).

3) After that she gave a Powerful Speech to defend Sifu

4) Haishi asks the Emperor to free Sifu from Bai Xi. But the Emperor said he know not how.

5) Meanwhile Ruthless Prince Ji Chang killed off the 23 Servants who serve in the  Inner Court of his abode.  Reason: He suspected someone has leaked intel to Sifu. Which is why Sifu pre-empt him in exposing Haishi as a Female.

6) Haishi confronted Sifu. She wants him to tell her that he is the Emperor's Bai Xi. Sifu only did so after she uses her new found status to force him to speak the truth.  She asks him: "When you give me up, what do you get in return? Why not allows me to make my own decision?"

Ep 38:

Spoiler

1) Haishi refuses to eat. Sifu asks the Emperor to make her his Consort officially. He wants her to hate him and eat.

2) The emperor delivers the Edict & Seal. It is official. Haishi can never returns to Sifu again.

3) As Haishi's Guardian, Sifu has to put on the Royal Garment and Headdress for Haishi. Very heart-rending. Once outside, Sifu vomits Blood again.

4) Haishi tries to find a cure for Sifu. Hurt her palm in the process and almost faint. In front of the Emperor and Officials, Sifu carries her back to her Palace and bandage her wounds for her. They still care for each other.

5) In Court, Prince Ji Chang's men made noise again. The SW Region is having Drought. Claims Haishi has offended the Goddess of Dragon Tail. Demands Haishi to go there & perform a Ceremony to appease the Goddess. Real Purpose is to finish her off enroute.  Haishi went.

6) Sifu went into a Deep Coma. Doctor says he only has 3 days left to live.

7) Meantime, Tilan found the Cure accidentally.  Haishi's Pearls ground into powder and made into a Drink for Sifu. He was cured indeed.

The Poison was Expelled.  He might have a relapse later. But for the moment, he is alive.  Will he Regret His Decision to send Haishi to the Emperor?  Oh! Fate is So Cruel to him. :cries3:

• Like 2

Up to this point of the drama, I no longer feel offended by Sifu's decisions and actions.

As the Emperor's Baixi, he has pledged his Life to the Emperor and Country.  He has made a Vow never to Marry. 

He has never been with a Woman before.  He is a Military Man.  So how do you expect him to understand a Woman?

To him, Love Is To Protect Your Woman At All Costs.  Her Happiness and Safety comes First.  He can give his Life for Her anytime without any hesitation.  He means no Harm.  Lack of Communications is prevalent in almost every drama - Period or Contemporary.

That he can be so Romantic:  the Red Rose Petals Trail; sending away all his staffs so that he and Haishi can be alone  - is good enough

That he can break his Vow to marry Haishi is good enough.

That he keeps and remembers the Red Candles Haishi have given him is good enough.

Even on the Wedding Card, he remembers to use Haishi's Family Name i.e. "Ye Hai Shi".  He never uses his Surname -  "Fang".  It shows he respects her Family.

Even though Haishi does not like it, she has come to understand and appreciate Sifu's kind intentions now.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, hush puppy said:

I just finish Ep 37 and 38. Personally I prefer Eps 35 and 36 - more exciting.

You are right, but in guess it’s good to get a breather after the emotionally draining eps 35-36. Let’s see if 39-40 will be exciting again.

Poor Shifu appeared so nonchalant when he gave away Haishi in that ceremony, but his body gave him away. After he vomited blood immediately after that, the doctor said his heart was too heavy, arrrrgh…

And he found the strength to carry her even when he was dying. Though he collapsed after that poor thing. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Luckily sifu and Haishi never consummate their marriage.  Otherwise it will be even more ridiculous and unacceptable to give her away the morning after.

As for "being caged in the Palace", this is something to be expected. .  Everybody in the Palace is "caged" - in return for the Luxury, Material Comforts and Privilege. 

Congratulations !!

"Novoland: Pearly Eclipse" garners a Cumulative Broadcast Volume of more than 2 BILLIONS. (After 20 Days of Broadcast. So it is 1 Billion in 10 Days)

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2021%2F1130%2Fbad75beej00r3cfmk007yc000u001hcg.jpg&thumbnail=650x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

• Like 5

@Prettysup indeed, truly with a heavy heart, seeing her injure herself for his sake, again, and not eating well.

I think Hai Shi's charm is her determination to do whatever she sets out to do, this is something that Sifu has pointed out. So, I am confident she will handle the flood relief situation with aplomb. And I believe she will find a way to break the Bai Xi spell.

I am curious as to what the seal means,

Spoiler

the one shown in the preview that is bestowed upon her as a reward for handling the flood relief situation well. In an earlier translation, it read "a seal that allows her to travel". I suppose this means that with the seal, she can move freely without having to get the Emperor's permission? If that's the case, it explains why she is able to spend time with Sifu in his pavillion or move about as she wishes in subsequent previews.

my prediction for the ending is...

Spoiler

with Prince Chang showing his true colours in E43-44, we will see the Huku side launching an invasion on the Huang Quan Pass in E47-48. There will be a massive battle with Sifu and Hai Shi involved. In the battlefield, Sifu will protect Hai Shi again and succumb to his injuries. I believe the same fate befalls the Emperor, prolly the remnants of the rebels launch an attack on the palace. Just as Ti Lan gives birth to their child, he dies. But before she does that, she will leave a message for Hai Shi to take care of her child. Hai Shi will ascend the throne as the Empress and as steward for the child till he comes of age to be the Emperor. Zhou Ying will ascend the throne and reunite all the Huku tribes, ruling wisely and ensuring that peace befalls both countries.

In the very last scene, we see Hai Shi and the Sifu in the cottage (as per trailer) and they will be leading a happy carefree life together. As the camera pans out, we see Hai Shi in bed, asleep, by her bedside is a cup of wine, containing the flower petals that will allow her to have a happy dream. The End. (apparently the wine thingie was in the novel.)

• Like 2

I am watching 37 and 38 now - we only have ten episodes left!!!!!

Updating random thoughts while watching:

- Haishi looked beautiful walking in as the new consort - go Haishi - call out those no good court officials and she did good defending Shifu 

- The Prince is openly smirking while in court now lol and no one notices and oh he is getting brave to be so cruel 

- Emperor and Shifu talking about the women they love is real brotherhood lol 

- I’m glad that Tilan and Haishi can openly talk now too 

- aww Haishi trying to find a way to undo the Baixi and being mad at Shifu at the same time - I totally get it and appreciate this drama’s portrayal of 3D characters 

- Still love the Emperor’s love for Shifu too. There really is NO love triangle in this drama after all lol 

-Tilan did well and it seems Shifu won’t die because of the poison after all 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

there was something wrong with WeTV tonight and the episodes that were supposed to be aired plus the two previews were super delayed. I've been waiting for tonight's episode as we see Sifu sneaking into Hai Shi's room and she catches him at it.

"Did I do well with the flood relief situation", she asks like a little girl awaiting praise from the father for having done something well." "Very well", he replies, there's a tinge of pride in his voice as he commends her for a job truly well done.

Spoiler

it's so sweet, he answers in monosyllables, in fact it's just a grunt when she asks him if he came because he was worried about her, and another grunt when she asks him if he will stay to protect her till she's sorted everything out. He's a little embarassed to admit it but he doesn't avoid her questions.

And they make such a great pair when it comes to work, she asks for advice on how to handle the 'corrupt' officials and he tells her to get to the bottom of the facts, and that the King is fair and will show mercy. I like that we get to hear Hai Shi's thoughts, which is rare. "If only you were heartless and cold towards me, I could let you go easily and move on...", and these were her last thoughts as she smiled and dosed off after speaking with Sifu.

Much later on, he investigates and summarises all the information for her, so she can make an informed choice about the 'corrupt officials', without her even having to ask for it - he can read her mind, and she acknowledges it. If only they had been given a chance to work together earlier, the Emperor would have had a far more efficient government. The good thing though is that she is now allowed to serve in court, the dear girl won't be sitting in a gilded cage anymore!

Dear, dear Hai Shi - duty to the King and Country, brave and smart. She was able to settle the matters with aplomb despite Sifu being worried that she would be unable to quell the unrest. I think years of playing go with Sifu had honed her strategic skills and she had made plans in advance even before she left. Indeed, a well-trained disciple who very much takes after the Master. So after travelling all the way to help her, Sifu finds out that there was really no need for him to be there. Instead, he gets to look at her from afar and marvel at the way she handles everything. As he looks, it's that feeling of love and fatherly pride, that the little girl you raised is now such a capable woman, and I suppose that this is the reason she deserves his love and respect.

Anyways, looks like in E45-46

Spoiler

is really filled with candies, as what Yang Mi promised. Sifu tells Hai Shi he loves her and wants to spend the rest of his life with her, and that he will never leave her. And it looks like they finally get their wedding night act properly done this time round. Hai Shi prepares a bowl of something for Sifu to drink and it looks like he will break his bai xi bond with the emperor. I am thinking that bowl of stuff is the antidote for the flower poison that's in Sifu's body. He appears to survive though the Emperor looks darn worried as he drinks it because I guess no one knows if it will work. Though I suspect either it doesn't really remove all the poison or he dies in the last episode from something else. I wonder what on earth will kill him and the Emperor as the Huku tribe are under Zhuo Ying and Prince Chang is in prison - unless, he escapes and has Plan B?

And it looks like Zhuo Ying beats his elder brother in hand-to-hand combat and gets to lead the Huku tribe.

I wonder what the previews tomorrow will show as it's the last two episodes...half filled with anticipation and half filled with trepidation for what's to come. Either ways, I am prepared for the 'worst'.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yinye said:

I am watching 37 and 38 now - we only have ten episodes left!!!!!

Updating random thoughts while watching:

- Haishi looked beautiful walking in as the new consort - go Haishi - call out those no good court officials and she did good defending Shifu 

@Yinye Yeah.  The female stylings for Yang Mi in this drama suits her well.  She looks quite Youthful and Pretty in her Wedding and Consort Garbs.

Without a major love-triangle is a move in the right directions.  My appreciations to the Scriptwriter.  But I think we might have one  for Fang Zhou Ying as Prince Duohan of Right Pudun.  His uncle Earlji wants him for his daughter.  While Zheliu is waiting in the Dark.  As usual the ladies of ancient times are so Men-Crazy.  I mean Princess Tara

So Emperor Chu wants to summon the MerFolk to help heal Sifu.  That is more like it.  How can they introduce the Merfolks so enchantingly in the Opening Episode.  And then never let us see them again?

It is a pity that Sifu's Poisoning case has to be kept a Secret. Otherwise, I believe Haishi's blood can cure him.  The rumours say that any gift from the Dragon Tail God can heal all illnesses.  Haishi has an "Imprint" on her Palm from the Merfolk.  So she uses it to heal Tilan's Uterine Bleeding.  I'm sure her Blood can also cure Sifu.

I have High Hopes for a Happy Ending.  If that happens, then this Production Team has really succeeded in re-adjusting the Aesthetics Value of the Script to satisfy the Audience.  But then I may be wrong.  

:crazymad:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Without a major love-triangle is a move in the right directions.  My appreciations to the Scriptwriter.  But I think we might have one  for Fang Zhou Ying as Prince Duohan of Right Pudun.  His uncle Earlji wants him for his daughter.  While Zheliu is waiting in the Dark.  As usual the ladies of ancient times are so Men-Crazy.  I mean Princess Tara

I think the tribal princess is alright, she knows Zhuoying doesn’t love her. But I think she will die though, usually that’s how a drama love triangle ends if all 3 parties are good people. 

• Love 1

Watching now: 39 + 40 - will update random thoughts as I go:

- I laughed out loud when Shifu deadpan told the Emperor that he heard him whispering that Haishi was going away to fix the problem lol Why they are so cute?!

- Corrupt officials underestimating Haishi was an enjoyable subplot and oh the twist that they were desperate because of ‘upper corruption’ - I guess the Prince is behind this

- Also happy that Shifu arrived and the plot moves quickly without any dragging 

Awww the scene when Haishi caught his hand while sleeping was sweet and I am glad they are coming to an understanding - really mature OTP 

- ZL looks so pretty in her Huku attire - it suits her (plus the new subtle makeup lol) and she looked really good in pale pink and dark red. On the other hand, not liking ZY’s new look lol - it’s the weird braid on top of his head I think !!! 
- I really love all the scenes between Shifu and the Emperor - their friendship is so rare in Cdrama 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

well, the previews for E47-48 are finally out, and they haven't told us anything we couldn't have already guessed. LOL

Spoiler

I would say that based on leaked photos, Yang Mi is still gonna be a regent to the Crown Prince who is likely Ti Lan's and not her child as some have been speculating.

Hai Shi rushes off to get reinforcements, prolly from Huang Quan pass and the palace is only left with the guards,  and FJM's men to ward off the rebellion army. They've kidnapped Ti Lan and the maid and the Emperor is frantic with worry. We see FJM fighting off a large force of soldiers on his own and the Emperor plus his men rush to rescue her. The scene with HS in white, stained with blood is from this last episode. In another trailer, we see her running to FJM's room and he lies on her lap. This much we know will come to pass, but what happens after that?

The pessimistic in me thinks this is the dying scene, him dying in her arms. The optimistic in me entertains a speculative rumour making its rounds online that the Emperor dies, heart broken with Ti Lan's death and leaves his baby to FJM. So FJM and HS act as stewards for the Crown Prince till he is old enough, and they leave the palace after that. Choose as you wish! What we do know is that William Chen has said it's a HEBE ending, whatever that means. I think one HE will be Zhe Liu and Zhou Ying together, that is quite, quite likely. As for the other two pairs, que sera sera.

• Like 1

I just finished Eps 41 and 42.  Nothing much. They are building up for tomorrow's episodes.

Ep 41:

Spoiler

1) Because of the volatile Gold Market, Nihualuo and Zhunian sent their Envoys to seek assistance.

2) Since they believe in the Dragon Tail God Legend, Emperor Chu wants to bring the Mermaid Lang Huan to Tian Qi to pacify them.  But both Sifu and Haishi objected.

3) Actually Emperor Chu is using the situation to bring Lang Huan to  Tian Qi to heal Sifu.  Haishi didn't know.  Otherwise she will definitely support the emperor's decision.

Ep 42:

Spoiler

1) Haishi found the bottle of Luminious Pearl Powder in Sifu's drawer.  She is wondering why he needs them.

2) It became clear that Tilan's uncle Puyouma from Zhunian is collaborating with Prince Ji Chang.  They tried to assassinate Nihualuo's envoy to incite a Rebellion.  Luckily Sifu's men managed to save him.  But he is in a coma.

3) Not enough, they activated the "zombie" implanted in the Nihualuo's Deputy Envoy to kill Haishi.

4) Luckily Sifu realised it in time and Haishi was saved.  Before Sifu fainted he said: "As long as I'm around, I will never allow anyone to hurt you". (Aw. How sweet!)

5) The doctor was summoned.  As he tried to stabilise Sifu, the doctor mention the Poison in Sifu. And the Emperor asked whether the Luminious Pearl Powder is helping? So now Haishi knows what the Luminious Pearl Powder is for.  She asked the Emperor:  "What Poison?   What happened".  Ep 42 ends in a Climax...

So in Ep 43, Haishi will come to know another Reason why Sifu sent her to the Emperor - the Poisoning Incident on  their Wedding Night has to come out.  Sad.  But she is getting to know her Sifu better.  Getting to know how much Sifu loves and has sacrificed for her 

:sad1:

• Like 2

Up to this point - Ep 42, I am very sure the Ending is A Bitter-Sweet one.   How about you all?

Spoiler

Sifu is healed. All their Misunderstandings are cleared. But  the injuries from the past years has taken a heavy toll on his Health.  So Haishi and him will have  a brief Reunion and Peaceful Life together before he passes away. 

And Haishi will be the Regent-Queen for the Young Emperor.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I try to avoid trailers or spoilers, and I think the ending will be a sad one.

@Prettysup  Same here.

I just finished Eps 43 and 44. 

Spoiler

Basically Prince Ji Chang's Rebellion was put down before it even started.   As usual, Sifu foresees everything and put up a show with the Emperor and Haishi's assistance.  What is Emperor Chu without Fang Jian Ming - really

"Clown Prince" Ji Chang feigns Insanity.  What else can he do?  Oh Yes - breaks another Eagle's Egg :w00t:

Unfortunately Haishi's mother died in the process.  Abducted by Prince Ji Chang's men  and with their sword at her Neck, she committed suicide in order not to burden Haishi.

Thanks Heaven Zhang Cheng Qian and Shao Zi remains Faithful to the Emperor and Sifu.

Lang Huan was safely brought back to Tian Qi.  All the Tribes were pacified and pledged Loyalty to the Emperor

Tomorrow Sifu can begins His Detoxification.  And Prince Ji Chang can languish in Jail.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hush puppy said:

I have been very Uncomfortable with Shao Zi - Sifu's faithful assistant.  Especially after he allows the Assassin to kill himself using a broken Porcelain Piece.

I have been suspecting him

since very early on, but the actor acting this role has been busy defending himself on social media lol.. 

• Like 1