[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

2 hours ago, Isrin said:

Haha welcome on board of this ship !! :P

They have their own fandom on Weibo, it's called 成败 CP chengbai (success or failure) :joy:

102464031-188577519145480-11015781743656102708310-292841412103418-11760895453608

https://weibo.com/6930217150/J62nkzFpC

Are there any videos of these? I wish I could use weibo.I hope eventually they all get on instagram so that more international viewers can participate and support, even if I can’t understand what they are saying.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, arcchidus said:

Reading Chinese interviews, apparently LS showed a few episodes of ROTAR and her team thought this show wouldn't go anywhere. When LS heard that, she didn't even seem surprised or sad, she just told them, "it's okay, it's not the first time I acted in a drama."

So basically LS's team gave up on focusing / marketing this show even before the show was shown and focused on marketing Killing of Three Thousands Crows.

But we know in the end which show actually became hot. (cough her team has no taste)

----

But it's not just her crew I think YX's crew also assumed this show won't go anywhere so they focused on marketing Intense Love for him initially instead of putting effort into marketing this show. Tencent also didn't think this show have high potential, so they didn't announce this until a month before the show started, and didn't bother doing any live steams initially.

Basically this is why marketing was so crap for this show initially. 

It's only after show went hot that all three teams started to market this show and put in the effort to do fan interactions.

do they not screen any episodes with other audiences? If not, they really should.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Its Liane said:

Are there any videos of these? I wish I could use weibo.I hope eventually they all get on instagram so that more international viewers can participate and support, even if I can’t understand what they are saying.

It’s quite easy to sign up for Weibo.  

Instructions here:

https://desk.zoho.eu/portal/musicinfo/kb/articles/how-to-get-a-weibo-account

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mvrecci said:

ah...

i wish to watch it too...

hope wetv would carry it like they did the 1st fanmeet...

btw..

does anyone happen to know whats the news on DYX's other drama (IL)...

it seemed to me hes much enjoying the ROTAR events...i didnt watch that drama... the previews have so much kissing i was turned off... :(

Wait, does that mean ZLS won't be in the livestream? Why only the guys? :bawling:

Same here I was turned off by all the kissing and lusty gazes that I saw in promo clips of IL :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

19 hours ago, insertusernamehere said:

It's because she kept foiling his plan accidentally, so he suspected that she knew he was trying to poison her. Copy & paste from a previous post I made earlier in the thread:

"This was a subtle but hilarious physical joke in Tiger & Rose that I missed the first time I watched. This is a prime example of the smart gut-busting comedy that this show does so well.

He poisoned his cup, thinking they would feed each other wine from the cup in their own hand (his hometown’s custom), which means he thought he would feed *her* his cup. But she was used to doing the cross-cup way, and thus was going to drink from *her own* cup. That means, HE would have to drink the poisoned cup.

Realizing his f-up, he faked a cough, and switched the cups!

She, meanwhile, thought his awkward weird behavior was because she didn’t follow his custom, and switched to HIS way. Again, he was almost forced to drink his own poison.
Mind you, this whole time, she WANTED to be poisoned LOL

And that, everyone, is how we have two idiots who are meant to be together."

hahaha! now i understand! super hilarious!!! :)))

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

11 hours ago, Ming said:

HS loved CQQ and gave up his plan to bomb the city. He did all he could to keep CQQ safe or would never do anything unforgivable to her. He turned a bit of “bad boy” because he thought CQQ cheated him and played him. Even then, he did not have the heart to hurt her and the first thing he did when he returned was shielding CQQ resident with his own people. Even in his very last breath, he still thought about CQQ wellbeing and happiness after he died and, hence, used his very last strength to encourage CQQ to return to her own world. In my opinion, the way HS loved CQQ is touching actually. He changed from a wild tiger to a cat for CQQ. I don’t think the 2 characters are comparable.

Im shocked to read that HS died ...:(

The first time i saw this actress Lusi (?) in this drama, i thought she was beautiful.. with that round face, so cute..... whats wrong with people complaining about her weight? Gosh... complainers.are probably just jealous, not only is she beautiful, young but can also act.. :D

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3

7 hours ago, arcchidus said:

Reading Chinese interviews, apparently LS showed a few episodes of ROTAR and her team thought this show wouldn't go anywhere. When LS heard that, she didn't even seem surprised or sad, she just told them, "it's okay, it's not the first time I acted in a drama."

So basically LS's team gave up on focusing / marketing this show even before the show was shown and focused on marketing Killing of Three Thousands Crows.

But we know in the end which show actually became hot. (cough her team has no taste)

----

But it's not just her crew I think YX's crew also assumed this show won't go anywhere so they focused on marketing Intense Love for him initially instead of putting effort into marketing this show. Tencent also didn't think this show have high potential, so they didn't announce this until a month before the show started, and didn't bother doing any live steams initially.

Basically this is why marketing was so crap for this show initially. 

It's only after show went hot that all three teams started to market this show and put in the effort to do fan interactions.

What??? I mean, if they just saw the script, I can see why they had doubts. Execution plays a big role in the success of a show. But they've seen a few episodes and still concluded that it wouldn't be a big hit? lol wut

I haven't seen 3000 crows but by all accounts (reviews) it seems like your standard fantasy period drama. What I love about Tiger & Rose is that it's so different and creative. Maybe that's why people didn't believe in it :sweat_smile: anything new comes with a big risk.

Still, I'm glad that they decided to make this, and release it even if they seem to have such little faith in it lol I think the birth of many streaming services allows us to find little gems like this - it's a good business strategy (like Netflix) to just make a lot of shows, from low to medium and occasionally big budget shows to fill the catalog. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I like her outfit & hairstyle here. 

Bai Ji reaction when Han Shuo get out quickly is hilarious.

If there's really a season 2, can they give us audiences at least a bed scene like this for our orange & banana?

Spoiler

Credit to owner

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

18 minutes ago, enzek said:

If there's really a season 2, can they give us audiences at least a bed scene like this for our orange & banana?

Hide contents

Credit to owner

i mean they did it in the sea but its better than a jail cell

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Great news :) the fanmeeting was subbed in my native language...so I did a recap here. This is up to about the first 15 minutes. If this is helpful I'm more than happy to do the rest. I had a huge grin on my face the entire time! They're really fun people to watch :) anything in the brackets [ ] is my commentary. Not a 1:1 translation; I paraphrased some for brevity.

Lusi: my friends commented that QQ is "a fool who doesnt know the way of love"
Yuxi: my friends said Han Shuo is "a fool who falls in love based on his imagination" 

Minigame:
They have to answer the same way w/o looking at each other. If they give different answers they have to act out their answers.

First question:
Aegyo (act cute) or finger hearts? (make a heart with your finger)
 Yuxi: act cute, Lusi: finger hearts

He looked at her clearly betrayed LOL then changed his answer to finger hearts (while laughing). The MC didn't let this go ofc, and asked them to act their answers out. 

Lusi told Yuxi "you go ahead, (acting cute) is your specialty" :joy:
MC: who acted cute more on set?
Lusi pointed to Yuxi lol he looked betrayed again LOL

As he was gearing up to his ageyo, Lusi prodded him to add "chu mi chu mi" (a cutesy saying?) and he gave her an extra-betrayed look (while smiling & half protesting) [LOL I love her].

Then he did this super weird aegyo omg; Lusi died "what the heck? lols"
[Love this part where they looked at each other & laughed]
MC: are you satisfied with this Lusi?
Lusi: 10 points! he really tried lol

Second question: 
Pick up or get picked up? (i.e. flirt/ask someone out)
Yuxi: get picked up
Lusi: pick up

[LOOOOLs just like in the drama except QQ didn't know she was picking up HS haha]
They had to act this out.
Lusi: [already started laughing]
Yuxi: [acting arrogant]
Lusi: Give me your wechat.
Yuxi: Do I scan your code or do you scan my code?
[LMAO do these kids date? I can't]
Lusi: [speechless...then made the cute high pitched sound that you've heard her made as QQ while whining lol]
Yuxi: ???LOL???

Third question:
acting goofy or acting cute? [these 2 words sound similar in Mandarin]
both: acting goofy
MC: who acts more goofy on set?
They both started stepping back (as in saying, "not me" LOL but both of them walked all the way back to the panel on the stage, refusing to lose to each other!)

MC: in current internet slang "acting goofy" doesn't have a bad meaning. It means someone who can be themselves, and different from what they portray on screen. [he then asked them again who's goofier, asked Lusi if she thought Yuxi was goofy]

Lusi: Because Yuxi's role is "dark", if he said something wrong, he would look like this [acted shocked/surprised]; he also liked to tell me, "Lusi, look here, look there, look here here here". I thought I was goofy but he was even goofier than me!

MC: I saw on weibo that you said if the shoot didn't go well Yuxi liked to make jokes to make it less awkward right?
Lusi: yes! He has a cute soul but had to play a "evil CEO" type of role (laughs)

Fourth question:
Carry from behind or princess-carry?
Both: princess carry

Then they talked about the scene in the drama where Han Shuo lifed & carried QQ from behind, whether that was the script or improvised, and they said it was written in the script, and that the writer is very creative. MC said then Lusi must have paid attention to her weight (UGH!) and Yuxi said no, it was very easy to carry her! He was worried that he'd embarrass himself but it was super easy. She said she held her breath and was nervous because some male actors weren't able to carry her before [how weak were those guys??] She said she didn't eat breakfast that day, and the day before she only ate cereal [poor girl!!!]

[Basically 15 mins of Lusi betraying or roasting Yuxi haha]

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5

Skipping to last episode without subs..

Spoiler

Cried like mad and probably will cry more once I understand what is being said.

HS had to do what he did for QQ to go back. He knew she would stay with him but then what will happen to her after he is gone? Stuck in that world alone.  No one to support or protect her.  So he had to make her do the sun walk.

[This is why we had the part where QQ revealed who she was - a scriptwriter from another time and place]

That is really self-sacrificial love - he was not selfish in the sense that he wanted her to stay with him til the end.

:bawling:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, lavvarr said:

i mean they did it in the sea but its better than a jail cell

It's in the sea shell LOL

I just want them to do it on a larger & wider lying place so they can err rolling around comfortably:lol:

The bed in the prison is too small & narrow:P

• Naughty 1
  • LOL 4

59 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Skipping to last episode without subs..

Hide contents

Cried like mad and probably will cry more once I understand what is being said.

HS had to do what he did for QQ to go back. He knew she would stay with him but then what will happen to her after he is gone? Stuck in that world alone.  No one to support or protect her.  So he had to make her do the sun walk.

[This is why we had the part where QQ revealed who she was - a scriptwriter from another time and place]

That is really self-sacrificial love - he was not selfish in the sense that he wanted her to stay with him til the end.

:bawling:

Han Shuo love for her is so pure, sincere & selfless. 

Definitely, one of the best male lead ever in historical romance cdrama.

Thank God that this is not the usual "female lead return to her original time alone", it gonna be depressing as heck:bawling:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2