[Drama 2020] Train, 트레인

0ly40

Train: Episode 10

by LollyPip

Train10-00141.jpg

Assumptions can be dangerous things for drama watchers, and this show is proving in a spectacular way that nothing is as it seems. Our hero finds himself in an impossible situation with no choice but to get back on the train that started it all, and what he finds there will rock him to his core.

EPISODE 10 RECAP

Train10-00023.jpgTrain10-00025.jpg

Twelve years ago, Sung-wook and Seok Min-joon had broken into Seo-kyung’s home to steal her deceased mother’s jewelry, though Min-joon had been more interested in a photo of Seo-kyung with her father. Seo-kyung’s father had come home early so Sung-wook hid, but Min-joon had picked up a necklace and decided to commit his first murder.

He’d strangled Seo-kyung’s father with the necklace, then when he was dead, he’s picked up a hammer from a nearly toolbox and bashed his head in. When he was finished, he’d stared at his victim dispassionately and said, “Now you’re just like me.”

In the present, the now Doctor Seok tells Seo-kyung, “Some choices save lives, and some kill. But even when they’re given a choice that will let them live or die, some people keep taking the road that will kill them. That’s fate. That day twelve years ago and even today, you’re quite lucky. You got out of the rain again.” He tells Seo-kyung that he’s decided to play one last game, which has saved her life again. ~shudder~

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/08/train-episode-10/

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched episode 10 and wow....what an ending as always!! Ok first things first, isit just me or are there some scenes that are not aired? E.g DW-A next to SK-B sleeping on a bed? I remember seeing the stills but its not shown in the drama? Or did it happen too fast that i missed it...:whytho:

Anyway good job to those who guess that Chief Oh was the culprit! Although we know she's the psychiatrist mom...this point hasn't been shown in the drama right?? Or dont tell me i missed it again??? Wonder why she would want to keep the relationship with her son a secret? It seems like she is the one who cleans up her sons mess....it looks like she is afraid of her son? Or maybe she's guilty to him hence closing an eye to what he does...

Some thoughts that i had in episode 10:

• Actually i thought the psychiatrist already confessed that he killed SK-B dad, why cant the police use this to charge him? Since they already know DW-B dad was not the real murder??
  • We now know that SK-B dad was at the wrong place at the wrong time, but why does the psychiatrist wants to involve SK-B? and plant the jewelry in those murders? I still cant rationalise this aspect and i hope it gets addressed in the last 2 episodes.....
  • Its kinda sad that DW-B didnt get a proper send off :criesariver:...how can they do this to JM-B....

Anyway i swoonn when DW-B asked SK-B to stay in his sight:wub:...reminds me of a certain OTP pairing...hehhe.. Ok my guess is DW-A will return back to his world with the newly dead body...and he will try his best to come back to World B in order to save SK-B since he now know who is the culprit...and my hunch is that SK-B will also know who is the real culprit. 

I read earlier from araia26 & happy sheep that DW-A headaches could be because of the change in fate....possible but he already has the headaches when he was in world A- but it could also be because the bodies in world B are bring brought to world A? I wonder if Chief Oh in world A know whats going on and the 2 parallel worlds..

3 hours ago, SuZy Leoo said:

Just watched episode 10 and wow....what an ending as always!! Ok first things first, isit just me or are there some scenes that are not aired? E.g DW-A next to SK-B sleeping on a bed? I remember seeing the stills but its not shown in the drama? Or did it happen too fast that i missed it...

Anyway good job to those who guess that Chief Oh was the culprit! Although we know she's the psychiatrist mom...this point hasn't been shown in the drama right?? 

Some thoughts that i had in episode 10:

• Actually i thought the psychiatrist already confessed that he killed SK-B dad, why cant the police use this to charge him? Since they already know DW-B dad was not the real murder??
  • We now know that SK-B dad was at the wrong place at the wrong time, but why does the psychiatrist wants to involve SK-B? and plant the jewelry in those murders? I still cant rationalise this aspect and i hope it gets addressed in the last 2 episodes.....
  • Its kinda sad that DW-B didnt get a proper send off ...how can they do this to JM-B....

Anyway i swoonn when DW-B asked SK-B to stay in his sight:wub:...reminds me of a certain OTP pairing...hehhe.. Ok my guess is DW-A will return back to his world with the newly dead body...and he will try his best to come back to World B in order to save SK-B since he now know who is the culprit...and my hunch is that SK-B will also know who is the real culprit.

The did not show the DW-A and SK-B bed scene, and I'm glad they did not (and hope they wont anymore) coz I  will be creeped out if I was SK-B. We have seen them inch toward friendship but not to the point of hand-holding while I'm sleeping yet. As a real life shipper though, I'm glad they made yoon shi yoon hold kyung soo jin's hand, haha.

It's not yet revealed that Chief Oh is the psychiatrist's mom, but the whole Train audience already thinks so (because of the genes and motive of teasing the police). It would actually be a huge twist if she is not.

I also dont understand Korean laws, there is a confession,  there is the body of SK-B's dad from long ago (DWB's dad could have been killed by Park Tae Kyung's truck), so why can't they do anything? But then again, murder and assault seem to require very short prison terms (10 years for DoWon's dad? 3 years for Jin Woo?) compared to what I am used to, so maybe their laws are just different.

I am just assuming that JM B is just confused and heartbroken at this point, because if I were her, I won't just allow my DW B to be classified as a John Doe all alone in that body cabinet. Maybe she is just waiting for the case to get resolved before she comes out with the revelation to everyone that Do Won B is already dead and give him a proper funeral.

I am actually thinking, what if the body that Ms. Oh was bringing in the last scene is actually  Do Won B and not the last victim. I think the psychiatrist wants to get caught so he probably hid the body well, away from where Ms. Oh can find and pick it up. So Ms. Oh set the warehouse on fire just to get rid of the other evidence and brought Do Won B's body to be dumped to the other world. That way, Do Won A wont have to return anymore? I dont know.

9 hours ago, SuZy Leoo said:

Actually i thought the psychiatrist already confessed that he killed SK-B dad, why cant the police use this to charge him? Since they already know DW-B dad was not the real murder??

The case for Seo-kyung B's dad was already charged to Sung-wook B. Since the case is already closed, Min-joon's confession cannot be used against him because there's no evidence. Imagine a person goes to a police station and says he killed someone, the police wont detain him unless there's probable cause.

9 hours ago, SuZy Leoo said:

We now know that SK-B dad was at the wrong place at the wrong time, but why does the psychiatrist wants to involve SK-B? and plant the jewelry in those murders? I still cant rationalise this aspect and i hope it gets addressed in the last 2 episodes.....

This is just my guess , maybe it's because Min-joon felt Seo-kyung was in his side. He said that he thought him and Seo-kyung were in the same page. It was maybe the reason he used the jewelry so in way they were connected. The jewelry box music also triggered Min-joon to kill her SK's father

6 hours ago, aria26 said:

I am actually thinking, what if the body that Ms. Oh was bringing in the last scene is actually  Do Won B and not the last victim.

That's a good theory.

14 hours ago, aria26 said:

The did not show the DW-A and SK-B bed scene, and I'm glad they did not (and hope they wont anymore) coz I  will be creeped out if I was SK-B. We have seen them inch toward friendship but not to the point of hand-holding while I'm sleeping yet. As a real life shipper though, I'm glad they made yoon shi yoon hold kyung soo jin's hand, haha.

True, with the last 2 episodes, i think it will be quite rush to accelerate their relationship...although the shipper in me cant wait.:getmygrooveon:However, now that SK-B knows that DW-A loves SK-A, i wonder if she will let her guard down and allow this romance to blossom? But im not holding my hopes up as OCN is known for their open endings....haha

8 hours ago, Happy Sheep said:

The case for Seo-kyung B's dad was already charged to Sung-wook B. Since the case is already closed, Min-joon's confession cannot be used against him because there's no evidence. Imagine a person goes to a police station and says he killed someone, the police wont detain him unless there's probable cause.

This is just my guess , maybe it's because Min-joon felt Seo-kyung was in his side. He said that he thought him and Seo-kyung were in the same page. It was maybe the reason he used the jewelry so in way they were connected. The jewelry box music also triggered Min-joon to kill her SK's father

That's a good theory.

Agree! They should have smelt a rat that there is a mole in the police force once they realized that the body of DW-B has been switched.....couldn't they trace the person who approved for the body to be cremated and they would have sort of known who's the culprit?

Yoon Shi Yoon and Kyung Soo Jin Marie Claire guessing game interview

2 hours ago, SuZy Leoo said:

Agree! They should have smelt a rat that there is a mole in the police force once they realized that the body of DW-B has been switched.....couldn't they trace the person who approved for the body to be cremated and they would have sort of known who's the culprit?

The body they swapped was also unidentified. The body that was swapped to Do-won B was already scheduled to be cremated. Since they switched it, it was DW-B that was cremated instead.

9 hours ago, Happy Sheep said:

The body they swapped was also unidentified. The body that was swapped to Do-won B was already scheduled to be cremated. Since they switched it, it was DW-B that was cremated instead.

So Do Won B is gone just like that, huhu.

Anyway, I'm reading through Dramabeans and got myself a last minute theory that I will copy here:

World B initially interferred with World A. Body dumping happened 3 years ago. Do Won A left 3 years ago, Do Won B got addicted 3 years ago. The headaches could have also started then (they just refer to 3 years ago a lot).
What if the correction is actually to go back 3 years ago. The worlds would have to unentangle themselves and undo all the consequences of them crossing together. The Train is an anomaly, without it, Seo Kyung A, Do Won B and Dad B shouldn't have died.

Honestly though, I am already attached to SK B and DW A. I just love lovers with big hurdles and being trapped in different worlds and unable to see each other feels so romantic to me, so I don't want any time travelling correction to happen (coz that means they'll forget each other).

There is a weird detail in World A that kinda bothers me, though. When Do Won B was in the hospital in World A, Oh Mi Sook A did not visit him? Or did she? (Well, it was also kinda weird that the hospital did not detect the drugs in his body, but oh well)

And can anyone in the forum give us a slight idea of what that Marie Claire interview is about :)  I have tried the youtube autotranslate tool but I still have zero idea what they are talking about.

Greetings from Seo Do-won B! Train tonight

Train full album OST is now available on various streaming app and music stores

kjKn1vv.jpg

Source: naver

5 hours ago, aria26 said:

Honestly though, I am already attached to SK B and DW A. I just love lovers with big hurdles and being trapped in different worlds and unable to see each other feels so romantic to me, so I don't want any time travelling correction to happen (coz that means they'll forget each other).

There is a weird detail in World A that kinda bothers me, though. When Do Won B was in the hospital in World A, Oh Mi Sook A did not visit him? Or did she? (Well, it was also kinda weird that the hospital did not detect the drugs in his body, but oh well)

I dont know if they can incorporate time travel in the last 2 episodes. I'd prefer if they resolve this without introducing another dimension. I agree with you I dont want them to forget each other :(

Yup Chief A didnt visit him. Actually we havent seen her since Do-won A got into world B:blink:. Doesnt it need specific blood or urine test to detect meth presence in his body? I dont remember them doing such tests.

3 hours ago, Happy Sheep said:

EP11 press 

Look like Do Won have returned his world and solve the crime in World A first then bring the corpses and evidents to World B to end everything once for good. But he will stay or leave to his world ???

15 hours ago, SuZy Leoo said:

Looks like we are getting a lot of chances to see DW fabulous abs....

I've never seen him this big since GP. He's even buffer now. 

14 hours ago, hugo10 said:

Look like Do Won have returned his world and solve the crime in World A first then bring the corpses and evidents to World B to end everything once for good. But he will stay or leave to his world ???

That's the question. I can't think of any possible ending right now. I hope they will show what's really causing his headaches and why is he seeing things.

I remember when Do-won was still in world A, when he experienced headache, he was seeing things from world B. But in world B, he's seeing things from world A. I wonder what's the meaning of these visions.

Just finished Ep.11 live, lack of subs could only guess 50% of what's happening. Short summary in spoiler.

Spoiler

DW-A landed back in World A but he couldn't go back cuz I think Chief OH-B ordered the train "8210" to stop operating. Back in World A, Chief Oh has resigned and went back to her old house where Min-Joon A is lying in coma. She tried to commit suicide but DW-A came on time. It seems she doesn't know anything about another world.

Back in World B, SK-B went to look for Min-Joon and told him the next person he's targeting to kill is not herself but his mom. Although she doesn't know who his mom is, he challenged her whether she will be faster in finding out who his mom or he will be faster in killing her (his mom). Next MJ called Chief Oh-B to their old house...I think he planned on killing her.  SK-B on the other hand managed to find out who MJ's mom is, via a list of phone numbers.

Oh, one other thing, a flash back of Chief Oh-B makes me wonder if she had travelled to World C where MinJoon-C was found dead by hanging himself. From her voice-over, I guess she said something like no matter what I'm going to protect you.

Look forward to the last episode tomorrow, so far it has been a great drama.

Finished ep 11, I have one question, at the beginning it showed Chief Oh killing someone, then bringing the body to dump in world A, before killing SK who happened to be at the tracks. Who was the person Chief Oh killed and why did she kill him? I forgot, is it some witness?

Archived