[Drama 2020] Train, 트레인

0ly40

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, aria26 said:

I am actually glad they are touching on that subject. Having only lived in one world, I can't find any justification for DW A to stay in World B after the killer is found. He does not belong there. Emotionally though, he is already dead in World A. He has nothing to go back to there. The only logical conclusion for his character is to die. Still, a multi-dimensional hopper more familiar with these cases could give a different answer, hehe.

I want Do Won A to go to his world. Even when he is feeling sorry for what Seo-Kyung B because of her painful past, he wants to protect her and all, he had a connection and all these memories with someone else. I understood why Do Won was upset and told Seo Kyung (in the preview) that Do Won A don`t want to go in his world because of her.

I saw the preview and I know what will happen with Do Won B. I am not socked. I had a feeling he would die but not this early. I was excited to see both Do Won in World B and I thought it was good that Do Won B came back to see his father before he will die.

Now that it is only one Do won, I don`t know what he will do. Probably he wants to stay in World B because of Seo Kyung but I think he will return to his world eventually to catch the killer.

Maybe there is World C where both Do Won and Seo Kyung have a chance to be together. Who knows?

I love that I get a new theory every episode, I really like the writing.

In Ep 7, they got us all excited about DW A vs DW B. I actually thought the story would focus on the dilemma of who has better right to stay in which world. We love DW A but DW B has more claim to World B, so how will the drama settle that? So at first, I was lightly disappointed when they killed off DW B.

But after a re-watch, I think the writers are driving to a different point, and this is fate. DW A was the one who crossed over to World B, and in effect, he was bring over his fate to this world. DW B actually said this to SK B, they were not supposed to meet but DW A messed it up. We see DW A change the fate of Jin Woo (he set him on a path to reformation), Sung Wook (he became mentally disabled again), and his dad (ran over by a car again instead of dying from the liver disease). DW A's presence made the forked railway converge, and converge to his path, thus, even eliminating DW B.

So my new end game theory after Ep 8 is that the dilemma would be, if DW A stays in world B, SK B would have to die too, because she died in World A. Both fortune and misfortune must spill over to World B. So DW A would have to go back to his world if he wants to save her.

But I love the writers so much so far, maybe they'll show something different for Ep 9.

(I still kinda wish they can also give us an alternative universe Train drama where we get a DW A vs DW B showdown, but this show is saying be careful what you wish for hehe)

DW-B spit harsh words but he has all the right to be angry and he was also right when he told A to leave his world. DW-A also has a point to stay for a while because B isn't in his right state of mind to solve the case. They need each other.

DW-A: "Then why did he stop comitting murders in my world"
DW-B: "Maybe he's already in jail for something else or he might be even dead. This world is very different from your world"

DW-B might be right about the killer. But I think the killer from world A is still alive and he was the one who called DW-A in the under maintenance train. My guess is the Psychiatrist from world B probably does not know about parallel world hence the shocked when he saw DW is still alive in the preview but his world A self does. Huntington disease affects motor movements, there's a possibility that it was the Psychiatrist's world A whom we saw limping.

Honestly, I didn't expect DW-B to die this early. It came so sudden. I thought theyre going to work together. I was craving for more DW-B screen time but OCN did a sneaky :(((((

8 minutes ago, Happy Sheep said:

DW-B might be right about the killer. But I think the killer from world A is still alive and he was the one who called DW-A in the under maintenance train. My guess is the Psychiatrist from world B probably does not know about parallel world hence the shocked when he saw DW is still alive in the preview but his world A self does. Huntington disease affects motor movements, there's a possibility that it was the Psychiatrist's world A whom we saw limping.

Yup, the psychiatrist had the pill bottle 12 years ago already, thus, his disease would be carried over by both split worlds... but then, what if the split was not brought about by DW's choices? what if the split occured from the choices of the psychiatrist? I read a theory that dumping the bodies to World A was supposed to be revenge for Seo Kyung, but what if it is actually revenge for the Psychiatrist in World A? But then he would not be surprised by the 2 Do Wons, my head is spinning hahaha

@aria26I think the split was maybe only shown in DW's perspective. There are choices of other people that contributed to the ripple effect.

--

Since Huntington is a genetic disease, what if a relative who knows about the train and parallel world is helping the Psychiatrist to dump the body to world A? Mere guess.

DW is his own fate. His fate in world A will haunt him wherever he goes. That's why some things in this episode feel like a deja vu. DW is experiencing his fate in world B all over again. I think this is also trying to tell us if DW won't leave world B, the same fate will happen to SK-B.

The theory game is back.  I thought by knowing who the killer in World B now... the case is solved but no.. no.. no... the ripple effect of DW A in World B is on the move.   I'm not that good in all these theories ... so I'll just follow whatever the writer has set at the moment.  

Aaah such a short meeting of both DW and how come the co-worker who know both are different but still act as though they are the same.  Is it because they did not expect that something like this could happen at the same time?  I would have a shock and be nosy asking why you look different, you act different etc:ph34r: Congrats to YSY for being able to show us two different persons.

EeOzyPOU8AAyOJ5?format=jpg&name=large

EeOzyPOVoAAMl_l?format=jpg&name=large

Credit to the owner

On 8/2/2020 at 8:51 AM, Happy Sheep said:

Just watched EP7. Everything happened so fast :o

DW-A gave JW-B words of wisdom — to either continue kill people or save them. JW chose the latter by telling DW about SW-B. His character is consistent from his world A self tho they ended really differently.

I don't honestly know what to think of Chief Oh. Maybe she's just being too protective of DW.

The scene where DW was imagining SK-B's life in the hands of her stepmom was heart breaking. She went through a lot. Both of our leads went through physical and emotional trauma.

Now I'm really certain (sort of) that the killer is the Psychiatrist. It was so subtle but I saw him limping! He's also currently the only person who's suspicious. I have this hunch that his world A self is also his accomplice. That doubles the serial killer.

DW-B was having major withdrawal but he finally solved the puzzle and was able to bring himself back to world B. The confrontation that will happen in EP8 is what I'm looking forward to!

Sorry i know i am late, but episode 7 was like a F1 race...:waitwhat:...but but the story is progressing and im glad that at least we now know who 1 half of the killer is...which is LSK-B! I'm guessing his accompliance must have introduce LSK-B to the train and world A...thats why he was so confident to kill the other peeps...and why SK mom jewellery was found at each corpse! 

..So now, thats where the story gets interesting, we need to know the motive of his accompliance and why did commit all those murder (ok so maybe he was a psycho)...and why did he murder SK-A???

One thing though...how was DW-B able to call DW-A mobile number? I thought his mobile didn't work when he first arrive in world B??? 

Side note, i nearly teared when DW-A went to save SK-B from killing herself...:heart3:omg the emotions...their chemistry is truly off the charts...Going to watch episode 8 now...One more thing, isit just me or the supporting actors are EXCELLENT!! Kudos to JW & LSK- wow! they way they are able to portray dual roles...adds to the goodness of the drama

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I just realised that this drama only have 12 eps, so we do not have much time left.

Yup, I have not gotten enough of this yet. I want to keep on watching it until the end of the year.

Just another random out of this world theory. Do Won asked "what were the victims doing on the day that they died?" What if they all went to Church? The Pastor died 3 years ago, the killings started 3 years ago. They kept on showing the contrast of the church from World A and World B.

And what happened 3 years ago? Both Do Won's seem to have broken down from that time period. DW A disappeared after rejecting SK A, DW B got involved in drugs and broke things off with JM B.

EP8 bts. After all the heavy scenes this week, it's good to see them happy :lol:

hKNwFT9.jpg

Spoiler

dkU7Xq9.jpg

HrmsE1G.jpg

kE0eZbO.jpg

IxFuq9L.jpg

EP7&8 still cuts

wpSmQ7h.jpg

Spoiler

7wRAu9u.jpg

YivjkyR.jpg

ldeYesd.jpg

w0la1Fx.jpg

ZgvHPUr.jpg

Source IG

11 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

the ripple effect of DW A in World B is on the move.

Yup! Everything is changing fast in world B in a major way. World B aren't in order anymore because of DW-A's presence in that world. DW-A's being his own fate is affecting world B

10 hours ago, Sushimi said:

You know...what if all this time, SKB was actually A (So the one that died Is the real SKB), and they switch places since young.

That's a good and wild theory. At this point I don't want to think they switched places, my brain is exhausted. :joy:

4 hours ago, SuZy Leoo said:

One thing though...how was DW-B able to call DW-A mobile number? I thought his mobile didn't work when he first arrive in world B??? 

He's in world B when he called DW-A, DW-A is using world B phone now

Train: Episode 7

by LollyPip

Train07-00231.jpg

It feels like the more our hero learns about the true killer, the deeper the secrets are buried. There’s no shortage of suspicious people, but none of them quite fit the bill, though the discovery of a possible accomplice gets him that much closer to the truth. What’s most concerning is how attached our hero is getting to this world, and he’s about to get a harsh reminder that in fact, he’s an interloper who doesn’t belong here.

EPISODE 7 RECAP

Train07-00014.jpg

While trying to stop Alt Jin-woo from killing the owner of the company that was indirectly involved in his grandmother’s death, Do-won and his team discover that the woman is already dead. She turns out to be Young-ran, Seo-kyung’s former stepmother, and she was killed in the same manner as the serial killer’s victims, with one of Seo-kyung’s mother’s stolen necklaces around her neck.

After examining the body, Alt Jung-min tells Do-won that Young-ran has been dead for three hours, which means that Jin-woo can’t be the killer. Do-won reminds her of Seo-kyung’s father’s murder and says that his father was framed, because he’s seen six other victims who were killed using the same MO while his father was in prison.

Jung-min asks why he’s telling her this, and he says that this is the first victim that was left where she was killed. He mutters to himself, to Jung-min’s confusion, “The train is damaged, and the passageway is closed.”

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/08/train-episode-7/

16 minutes ago, aria26 said:

Do Won asked "what were the victims doing on the day that they died?" What if they all went to Church? The Pastor died 3 years ago, the killings started 3 years ago

I was also looking for signifance of Mukyong Church when they first showed it. They stopped showing it at around EP4 so I thought it was only used to help DW-A differentiating the worldz when he got in world B for the first time. But yup, there's still possibility that it's somewhat connected

1 hour ago, Happy Sheep said:

Yup! Everything is changing fast in world B in a major way. World B aren't in order anymore because of DW-A's presence in that world. DW-A's being his own fate is affecting world B

Indeed it is! I just watched episode 8 and am like :nomeme:....especially the ending.....im so happy that i read the posts earlier, if not i will not get it. Meanwhile, i like it that they have revealed who the accompliance is....aka the psychiatrist, now i am curious to know what made him that way. Sad that both DW-B and his dad died....but true that no DW-A & DW-B can live simultaneously in the same world.

Isit just me or did i not catch the scene where DW-B wants to get back with the forensic scientist B? Was it the part where he mentioned to her that he came to see her?

Anyway, FIGHTING...last 4 episodes...so far TRAIN is one of the best drama i  have watched in 2020. hehe

3 hours ago, SuZy Leoo said:

Isit just me or did i not catch the scene where DW-B wants to get back with the forensic scientist B? Was it the part where he mentioned to her that he came to see her?

They showed it in the previews but cut it in the actual scene, same thing with DW A trying to touch SK B's strangulation mark, that was also cut.

But DW B saying "I wanted to see you" was so hot, right?

16 hours ago, SuZy Leoo said:

Sad that both DW-B and his dad died....but true that no DW-A & DW-B can live simultaneously in the same world.

Now that Do Won B is dead, Do Won A doesn`t have to go to his world because it has to (two identical Do won is too much) but it will be his choice.

OK, the psychiatrist in World B is the killer but what happened with his World A persona? Except for the murder 12 years ago, he did not kill anyone as I know. Perhaps he is dead.

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

So will DWA choose to stay in this new world which his gf is alive? 

Like Do Won B "guessed" (it was not hard at all)  Don Woo A did not want to leave in his world because of Seo Kyung B. He is projecting his feelings towards Seo Kyung`s B but I understand him. It`s normal. 

He did not choose consciously yet to stay in Word B. I understood Do Won B to want the other self to return in his world but I understood the other to not want right away. 

It is a fact that Do Won`s father and girlfriend have died in World A but It was not his fault. Do Won B said it to make the other feel bad. It`s true that the little choices that Do Won A made changed their lives but I can not say that the lives of everyone in World B were better because of Do Won`s B choice. 

Do Won B lived with the stygma of being the murder`s son in the public eyes, he was a lonely man, he was addicted to drugs, worked alone , his father lived but he was in jail a long time torturing himself with guilt because of what he did to his son, never spent time with his son.

Do Won A mourned the death of his father, torturing himself with guilt that his father might be the one who killed Seo Kyung`s father but he made a better life for her. He saved her life and had quality life together even if it was not forever. He has changed for the better Jin woo`s life, his colleague respect him. 

From what I see, Do Won`s A`s life was better. Too bad he could not protect Seo KyungA `s life but it was not his fault. Perhaps, saving  Seo Kyung B s` life now and helping her (both of them) to have closure with the old case is a part of his own healing process. I will be OK with what he will choose but I think it will be better for him to return in his world after everything will be over.

Archived