Quantcast
Jump to content
0ly40

[Current Drama 2020] Hi bye, Mama!, 하이바이, 마마! - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, lu09 said:

 

@Nancyzak Awwwww:wub:. Do you think the daughter can see her mom or even sense her presence? I mean, she was always there from the beginning; not to mention, we don't know anything about her ghost abilities.


 

@lu09, from the teaser, CYR can’t do much as a ghost. Only the ghostly abilities of passing through the wall, can’t eat like a human, etc. Maybe daughter senses someone since CYR hovers over her almost all the time but can’t see the ghost mother/CYR until the mother comes back alive for the 49 days? :lol:


Kim Tae Hee’s Ghost Character Is Always Watching Over Her Daughter In Upcoming Drama


80b3a9ed1dde4b7daedd52dbf87ed498.jpeg?s=

 

Read the article and check out more pictures here:

 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1382626wpp/kim-tae-hees-ghost-character-is-always-watching-over-her-daughter-in-upcoming-drama

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


The child actress is cuteness overload. Love to see how she is so adored and well taken care by her cast mates. And her fashion... :wub::wub::wub:
 

202002130931778990_5e449987079b4.jpg

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nancyzak said:


The child actress is cuteness overload. Love to see how she is so adored and well taken care by her cast mates. And her fashion... :wub::wub::wub:

she's so tiny and adorable i'm ;A;

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

2020021401001056500068541.jpg

 

 

Top picture:

Cha Yu Ri’s parents played by Park Sang Soo and Kang Mi Kyung.

 

Sorry, I have no info for the character played by the actor in the second picture. Would appreciate if someone could share. Thanks in advance!

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Credit to the IGers below.

 

Coffee trucks and Valentine chocolates at filming sites. 


 

Spoiler

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

And, some visual updates around the set.

 

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So she must find her place as a human within 49 days or else she will become a ghost again but in the meantime during these 49 days, will everyone be able to see her?:grimace: it will be a real shock for everyone:grimace: I am sure it will be difficult for her husband but he survived until now

I wonder if in the end;  she will decide to leave as a ghost, because she will see over the episodes that her husband  finally loves his new wife and that her daughter is loved, that everyone continues their life and so that her time  as human is ended, it would be a kind of unhappy but understanding happy ending 

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2020 at 2:56 AM, greenwatch08 said:

Is the sypnosis accurate for this show? Does Go BG play his current wife? Omg, it's going to be a wreck lol & awkward. She looks so sad/defeated in the promo stills:cold_sweat:. I'm going to support both KTH & GBG's character. Hopefully the story doesnt setup the two to despise & hate eachother. It's understandable if LKH's character becomes conflicted in his feelings because of his previous wife passing since she shows up out of nowhere back into his & their daughter's life. 

 

I've only seen GBG in the tvn drama Mother as the younger sister/journalist with a short hairdo. She has such a dainty face.

Same.  From the synopsis and reading the plot I feel really sorry for her character :tears: Sounds like she is in a tough position trying to be a good stepmom, wife and being judged or compared to the deceased wife.  Then , the dead wife returns from the dead to complicate matters even further! i hope the writing is strong and doesn't just turn this into woman vs. woman and make her a one dimensional evil stepmother.

 

On 2/11/2020 at 4:31 PM, alleram95 said:

Oh Min Jung (34 years old)

Kang Hwa’s wife, Seo Woo’s step-mother / played by Go Bo Gyeol

 

“I will raise Seo Woo well myself. Would you mind?” (can be interpreted that she wants others or maybe Yu Ri to stop bothering her about how to raise Seo Woo well)

 

She is a nurse at Dongsung Universtiy Hospital and has been raising Seo Woo after her marriage with Kang Hwa. To others, she is armed with daring, chic and rude personality and she is the public enemy of mothers in the daycare. ‘Oh Man Jung’ which means ‘falls with pride’ is her nickname.

She sounds like an interesting character.  I wonder if she just doesn't fit in with the other mothers so she is ostracised.  My knowledge only comes from k-dramas (lol!) but Korean society is still rigid and there are certain expectations for mothers and if you don't fit the mould (for instance, too young, too bold, too glamorous, too outspoken, dresses differently, even having a career rather than devoting yourself to your kids/husband/house can be looked down upon ) you become an outsider to the other mothers.  Heck, you even see that in other societies-not just Korean.

 

On 2/11/2020 at 5:01 PM, Samuel Yohanes said:

Also whats up with die before due date? Is that means kim tae hee die while pregant and the baby forced to come out? 

I'm confused too because the little girl is six and Kim Tae Hee's character died five years ago so it seems she must have died when her daughter was a one year old.

It might mean the little girl was a premature birth, i.e. she was born early.  Premature births can be dangerous as the baby has not reached full gestational term so there are often health complications.  That's why her parents cherished her so much because she was born early and survived.  

 

On 2/15/2020 at 9:31 PM, marrez1 said:

I wonder if in the end;  she will decide to leave as a ghost, because she will see over the episodes that her husband  finally loves his new wife and that her daughter is loved, that everyone continues their life and so that her time  as human is ended, it would be a kind of unhappy but understanding happy ending 

I hope for this scenario.  I think it would be a slightly bittersweet but still very happy ending:) You can't cheat death but Kim Tae Hee's character gets to spend some time with her daughter, accepts her death and can rest in peace knowing her husband and daughter are happy and loved and his new wife is a good person.  Her husband can finally say goodbye to his wife properly and his new wife won't have her ghost haunting them literally and emotionally any longer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@raziela

I'm interested to see what happens in the drama between the characters specifically KTH & GBG's character.

 

@marrez1

This is only ending I will accept. I hope the story plays out this way tbh lol. Yes, it will be bittersweet but then again one can't cheat death even if living again just to pass away is painful. I hope the mother gets to live her best full life in 49 days with her daughter & husband though. I think it will be tough for the step wife lol. Im curious to see the development between all the main  characters.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isnt Korean Age had 1 year after born.

 

So the kids 6 years old is around the same time as KTH died 5 years ago right?

 

And If KTH back alive after 49 days please no 49 days richard simmons Fate die. 

 

That things really hurt man all the hardwork and you were fated to die just a few days after the 49 days. 

 

Let them be a good family for each other!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@marrez1 that's the kind of ending i'm looking for too. 

 

tbh i'm confused because the synopsis seemed like jo kang hwa and oh min jung aren't exactly a happy couple but they looked super happy in the teaser video of them walking down the street (when jo kang hwa first caught a glimpse of yu ri). idk man all the teasers are just confusing me but i'm still excited to see how it all plays out hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 12:01 AM, Samuel Yohanes said:

Also whats up with die before due date? Is that means kim tae hee die while pregant and the baby forced to come out? 

 

Cha Yu Ri (YR) got a big accident in last month into her pregnancy. Her due date is near but because of the accident and her injury, the baby need to be operate and born earlier than plan because if not then it might harm both the mother and the baby. 

 

On 2/12/2020 at 9:49 PM, Nancyzak said:

Maybe daughter senses someone since CYR hovers over her almost all the time but can’t see the ghost mother/CYR until the mother comes back alive for the 49 days? :lol:

 

If I remember correctly from a longer character description that is written in the website, her daughter Seo Woo (SW), can see her and the other ghost because of her constant presence during her young life (from the moment she was born, as a toddler and as a young child like now)

 

From this preview below the shaman scold YR for staying beside SW for a long time. YR also realized that SW can see her in the end of the preview.

 

Spoiler

 

 

YR: I am a ghost who can't be seen by human eyes

Shaman: How many times do I need to tell you that you can't stay beside the child? 

A ghost (?): Child, where are you looking at?

YR: Seo Woo.... I think she can see me

 

 

 

9 hours ago, raziela said:

I'm confused too because the little girl is six and Kim Tae Hee's character died five years ago so it seems she must have died when her daughter was a one year old.

It might mean the little girl was a premature birth, i.e. she was born early.  Premature births can be dangerous as the baby has not reached full gestational term so there are often health complications.  That's why her parents cherished her so much because she was born early and survived.  

 

 

8 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Isnt Korean Age had 1 year after born.

 

So the kids 6 years old is around the same time as KTH died 5 years ago right?

 

Yes the child age is 5 years (according to her birth year or international age) but 6 years according to Korean age. I'm not Korean but from what I knew that the moment the baby is born then he/she is already 1 year old. The pregnancy last about 9 to 10 months before the baby is born and they count the months while the baby is still inside the mother's belly. 

Hope this article may help explaining more about the age system

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/03/health/south-korea-age-law-intl/index.html

 

And about why she is so cherished, I translated her description as a baby that 'barely' born. I guess SW almost died before she was born due to the accident and injuries that YR had. The doctors had to work fast to save and take her out from YR's before they lost the two of them.

 

On 2/14/2020 at 9:03 AM, Nancyzak said:

Sorry, I have no info for the character played by the actor in the second picture. Would appreciate if someone could share. Thanks in advance!

The actor name is Ahn Nae Sang

 

Highlight preview

 

 

Kang Hwa (KH): Cha Yu Ri!
Yu Ri (YR): Sorry. I'm Sorry. Mom is sorry
caption: Tvn Saturday-Sunday drama 'Hi bye, Mama!'


YR: I am a ghost that can't be seen by human eyes
YR: Huh? Why the snow is melted on my hands? Ouch it's cold
YR: I can see it! I can grab it!
YR: Perhaps, have I become a human?
Caption: Ghost Mother Cha Yu Ri rebirth?


YR: My daily life
Shaman: If during 49 days you can get back to your previous life, you might be able to say as human forever
YR: Are you sure? Are you? Really?
YR: Everything that might have happened because of me, I have to take care of it
Caption: My dead wife has comeback alive!


Min Jung (MJ): What's wrong? As if you have seen something that before? (maybe she talks about how KH stop and look at somewhere that looks normal to her but not to KH, because he saw YR!)
KH: Have you seen a dopplegangger ? 
KH: I'm sure that in this world there are many people who look similar with others. Just like twins
Geun Sang (GS): You surprised me! (seeing YR? or his wife? LoL)
YR: I really become an ordinary person
KH: Don't be surprised
KH: I don't even know what will happen later
KH: Yu Ri has comeback alive


Caption: Tvn Saturday-Sunday drama 'Hi bye, Mama!' First broadcast Saturday Feburary 22 2020 Saturday night 9 p.m KST

 

Note: In the highlight preview, YR is seen wearing a yellow apron. If I'm not misread, during the 49 days, she works at SW's kindergarten, so that she can stay close with SW :D

  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actress Kim Tae-hee returns with fantasy comedy drama after 5-year hiatus

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2020/02/688_283680.html
 

Child Actor Seo Woojin in tvN's 'Hi Bye, Mama!' is Actually a Boy, Surprised Netizens and Built up Expectations

 

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2020/02/18/child-actor-seo-woojin-scheduled-to-appear-in-tvn-s-hi-bye-mama-surprised-netizens-with-an-unexpected-fact-331581
 

There’s interview with LKH and GBG that was reported in the article below.

 

Kim Tae Hee Shares What She Realized While Acting In New tvN Drama

https://www.soompi.com/article/1383782wpp/kim-tae-hee-shares-what-she-realized-while-acting-in-new-tvn-drama

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, alleram95 said:

Yes the child age is 5 years (according to her birth year or international age) but 6 years according to Korean age. I'm not Korean but from what I knew that the moment the baby is born then he/she is already 1 year old. The pregnancy last about 9 to 10 months before the baby is born and they count the months while the baby is still inside the mother's belly. 

Hope this article may help explaining more about the age system

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/03/health/south-korea-age-law-intl/index.html

 

And about why she is so cherished, I translated her description as a baby that 'barely' born. I guess SW almost died before she was born due to the accident and injuries that YR had. The doctors had to work fast to save and take her out from YR's before they lost the two of them.

Thanks for clearing things up.  i forgot about the korean age system.

 

15 hours ago, Nancyzak said:


hi, bye mama! holds press conference

They look good although I wish they had gone for a different color scheme than black.  I've noticed the cast at press conferences seem to be making more of an effort to co-ordinate lately which I think is a really good idea.  It makes the pictures more cohesive.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The child is a boy. You got to be kidding me:scream::open_mouth:. He really looks like a girl... If the article wasn't released, we won't have known.........

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lu09 said:

The child is a boy. You got to be kidding me:scream::open_mouth:. He really looks like a girl... If the article wasn't released, we won't have known.........


 

I was confused when I checked out his IG. The article cleared it up. A talented child, I would say. :D

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Nancyzak said:

Child Actor Seo Woojin in tvN's 'Hi Bye, Mama!' is Actually a Boy, Surprised Netizens and Built up Expectations

 

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2020/02/18/child-actor-seo-woojin-scheduled-to-appear-in-tvn-s-hi-bye-mama-surprised-netizens-with-an-unexpected-fact-331581

:scream: Whaaaaatttttt?

 

Why? Is there a specific reason related to the plot that a boy is playing a girl? Why not just make the character a boy? I am so confused.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...