[Drama 2020] Team Bulldog: Off Duty Investigation, 번외수사

0ly40

On 6/13/2020 at 9:33 PM, snowlou said:

I watched both and really like MDS in both as well:wub:

Not familiar with inheritance law and stuff...so would the money generally go to the wife? Or maybe the father had written a will before he died? I dont think it's been mentioned in the drama yet

It was implied in one of the episodes that the money Kang Ho is spending is from the wealth his late father amassed because he received bribes. Kang Ho is taking charge of the money and spending it to solve crimes, sort of giving it back to society. He does not want his mother getting her hands on the money and spending it on frivolous things or anything that they will use personally. There was an episode when Director Kang moved into Kang Ho's house when the mom said that Kang Ho is wealthy in paper as he has a black credit card, but poor in reality because a detective's salary is not that high.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I may need to rant a little bit :ph34r:

One of the things that bothers me is our Kang PD.  The scene when she was searching for the girl on her own without any company.  It is good to be brave but to the extend of endangering herself is bothering me.  I just assumed that she has told her search group members of her exact location.  However to go inside and unknown building alone is unacceptable. 

The next thing is the Police Chief ... when is he going to let our excellent police officers do their work.  I agree with the others since the beginning one of the strength of this drama is the way they investigate each case.  I'm glad for that part.  Because of these two good officers the rest of the police officers look lacking to me (maybe this is the comical side?)

Well, that's it for me today.  I still look forward to the next episodes.. When Kang PD moved into her new room,  she missed one special box that contains a case ... I wonder whether that is related to the old man.

2 hours ago, Mellow_mindeulle said:

I think its the mysterious old man that killed jaemin. it seems he is ex serial killer and father of jinsu and myeongsu. He killed jaemin because jaemin killed his son???

I also suspect the old man might have some sort of connection to Jaemin's case but not sure yet in what way and whether directly or indirectly. 

@YongZura⁷ from time to time I also feel bothered by Kang PD reckless behaviours. She did reckless thing in almost every single case where she put herself and sometimes others in a very dangerous situation and in the end always ended up needing to be rescued by someone else. LOL. 

Looking at how many times Kang Moo Young's brother appeared, I wonder whether the case which may relate to her (in the future ep) will be in relation to her brother. We might also get to see their background story? 

It's a bit of tragedy with Ban Seok and his daughter. Ban Seok lost his wife and his daughter lost her boyfriend too. The sweet thing is that at least they still got each other for now :)

SPOILER

The runaway kids case has no twist T_T Does it? It also fell flat compared to the previous two cases for me personally. However, I don't mind because we got different types of case each week (this week added finding missing person case on top of the usual murder case). 

Some funny scenes:

- How on earth did they fit in the 12 (or 14?) runaway kids in that van! Kang Ho said...it's like a tour bus:joy:

- Tak Won thought it's better to know how many times he would get hurt and it would feel BETTER if he got hit less ROFL

- Teddy Jung and his non-stop advices + his asthma puffer scenes never fail to entertain

Team Bulldog won again Woohoo! I just love Teddy Jung and his employees. Its funny when they enter brushing up their hair when its already fixed with gel lol. We've seen less of TB scenes together tho ive been craving for more.

I thought they stretched this case too much. It could've fit in 2 episodes. Heartwarming scenes save the day!

13 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

One of the things that bothers me is our Kang PD.  The scene when she was searching for the girl on her own without any company.  It is good to be brave but to the extend of endangering herself is bothering me.  I just assumed that she has told her search group members of her exact location.  However to go inside and unknown building alone is unacceptable. 

Lol same. She always go on her own like bring your back up! But from the first episode, her character introduction she was a reckless PD so we should get use to it :joy:

11 hours ago, snowlou said:

It also fell flat compared to the previous two cases for me personally. However, I don't mind because we got different types of case each week

The case wasnt really special aside from it tackles the flawed Juvenile system in Korea. I was expecting some twists and turns. Im still looking forward for next week

The old man. Who is he? serial killer who hasn't been caught? The father of the two brothers that were killed?

I think Jaemin was killed bc police couldn't punish him for his crime.  I don¨t know about law that much but there should  be a exemption about minors committing murders especially if the murder is planned.

2 minutes ago, joccu said:

The old man. Who is he? serial killer who hasn't been caught? The father of the two brothers that were killed?

We're going to know more about him hopefully in the next episode.  

2 minutes ago, joccu said:

I think Jaemin was killed bc police couldn't punish him for his crime.  I don¨t know about law that much but there should  be a exemption about minors committing murders especially if the murder is planned.

Me too, most of what I know is from the drama thus it is not that reliable :glasses:  So in this one drama there was a case where a minor was not judged in a juvenile court because it involved death of another person.  

@snowlou, there was a sort of twist to the case. It was the fact that Jaemin had a bone marrow transplant and that’s why his DNA didn’t match previously. Still, since they had teenage immunity, he was set free unlike the Oni guy who recently committed murder and other crimes. I hope he really rots in prison. To be so young and murder people is truly frightening because they were 14 years and younger at the time. They’re some scary human beings.

@joccu, I also wish that exceptions were made for kids who commit murder. Murder is different to killing. Jaemin and Oni showed absolutely no remorse in the case of the murder of the first kid. It’s scary that people like them are part of society. 

@YongZura⁷, the PD is very reckless. She does always get saved before she’s seriously harmed but I do question her tactics. I wouldn’t be surprised if she continues doing this right to the end of the show and gets into serious danger.

As always, I enjoy this show and characters. I like that it’s more procedural than a crime show with fantastic murders like say Memorist or Tell Me What You Saw.

7 hours ago, joccu said:

I think Jaemin was killed bc police couldn't punish him for his crime.

I don't think he's the father of the two brothers that were killed, although if it was so then that would be a twist! Hmmm... what about if this old man was some sort of (what's the word?)  someone who punishes the bad people on his own terms when justice can't be brought upon the criminals. LOL.. 

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

@snowlou, there was a sort of twist to the case. It was the fact that Jaemin had a bone marrow transplant and that’s why his DNA didn’t match previously. Still, since they had teenage immunity, he was set free unlike the Oni guy who recently committed murder and other crimes. I hope he really rots in prison. To be so young and murder people is truly frightening because they were 14 years and younger at the time. They’re some scary human beings.

Oh yes! The DNA bit. It was a 'light' twist compared to the revelation of the ObGyn turning out to be a guy :lol: Those youngsters, if not getting punishment of some sort, would def turn out to be a very scary adult such with the case with Oni. 

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

@YongZura⁷, the PD is very reckless. She does always get saved before she’s seriously harmed but I do question her tactics. I wouldn’t be surprised if she continues doing this right to the end of the show and gets into serious danger.

As always, I enjoy this show and characters. I like that it’s more procedural than a crime show with fantastic murders like say Memorist or Tell Me What You Saw.

I agree that is really the description given to the character and for everyone's information, I rarely rant ha ha :D Her recklessness however scared me too much.

Once in a while I do prefer this type of 'two episodes for one case" so that we're able to watch various cases and our Kang PD also need different cases for her show B).  Her program's rating will surely be going up, up and up plus she's quite a well known person now.  

@snowlou Is it "vigilante"?

On 6/22/2020 at 4:01 PM, holyfea said:

Why he susppected the old man for more than 10 years..

Something fishy like the old man will punished all of the victims

He's indeed very fishy... but why does my gut feeling still tell me that he may not be the real perpetrator???? 

I loved ep 9 and 10: double serial killer cases! And finally we see how the shoe repairer's story tied with Kang Ho. I must say this time, the crime (especially the utility knife one) was quite brutal. Glad that we're served with more funny lines at the same time or else this would be  a few 'usual' OCN detective dramas I've seen. 

I really love the scene where the four of them (minus Kang Ho) sat around in Ban Seok's 'office' to discuss about the locked room murder. They each had something to offer to help identify the perpetrator. Unfortunately for this locked room murder, Kang Ho pretty much had no contribution in it. Right? Unless I missed something. 

Jae Min's case: honestly I missed watching bits and pieces (coz I got distracted).. but why was the locked room perpetrator suspected? Was it because of the way the know was tied? But then later Kang Ho found out the disabled guy from the shoe repairer went to visit the room next door? So in the end Jae Min wasn't killed by the locked room serial killer but the probably the utility knife killer right? :crazily:

Funny scenes for me:

- When it was revealed Teddy past love died due to osteoporosis  HAHA

- Seok and Tak Won faced off with the locked room murder... later Tak Won said "Serial Killer sir" LOL

- Ban Seok with tissues to plug his nostrils :joy:

Now if Superman's weakness is Kryptonite...then Teddy Jung's kryptonite is dust~~ 

PS: is there anyone else watching from the same site as me? In ep 10..they subbed something as 'amatta' a few times. At first I caught it when Kang Ho called the younger cop..so I thought..since when his name was changed to Amatta... only later I realised it's a translation mistake -.- 

13 minutes ago, snowlou said:

Is there anyone else watching from the same site as me? In ep 10..they subbed something as 'amatta' a few times. At first I caught it when Kang Ho called the younger cop..so I thought..since when his name was changed to Amatta... only later I realised it's a translation mistake -.- 

:glasses:  I can hear the sound...  I'm wondering how did the translator made the mistake if she/he can translate the whole episode?  It's an expression ... like when you suddenly remember something  right?

Archived