[Drama 2020] Team Bulldog: Off Duty Investigation, 번외수사

0ly40

9 hours ago, Happy Sheep said:

I wonder where did they get money to fund all those hostaged orphans. Box cutter serial killers don't seem to be well off or I just missed something

The nurse who used to work at the care center said that the person in charge disappeared with all the government subsidies (so they killed him and took the money). Also, the "Fact Trackers" show later said that they locked up all the patients and continued to collect government subsidies in their name.

Okay, so a quick recap of what "Team Bulldog" did:

1. The pharmaceutical twins. They caught a serial killer and also stopped a drug company from releasing dangerous drugs to the public and exposed the corrupt drug agency chief for taking bribes.

2. The Butterfly murders. They caught the real culprit and freed the one who was wrongly imprisoned. They also caught another guy for murder. (Teddy's old pal.) And on top of all that, they exposed the corruption and murder of the Mayor of Seoul.

3. Oni. They caught a serial killer who was making runaway kids to murder people for him. Also caught his friend who killed with him but couldn't be arrested because he was only 14 at the time.

4. Then this guy ends up being murdered by the Utility Knife killer. And while searching for the Utility Knife killer, they also catch the Locked Room killer.

So how many serial killers did they end up catching that the police failed to catch? 6 serial killers, 2 murderers, and saved the public from corrupt government officials who are causing serious harm to the citizens. And all in about a month, apparently.

I'm not complaining that this is unrealistic, but just recapping what they did is... quite interesting. I mean, if they even just solved ONE of those cases on the list, they would deserve glory and kudos for the rest of their lives.

And are there really that many serial killers? Quite depressing.

We never found out why Tak Won and Lee Ban Seok stopped being the superstar profiler and the superstar autopsy doctor. It's not like Dr. Lee was disgraced and kicked out - he goes to the National Forensic Service all the time and even does autopsies when they need him to. So did he just retire? Why did he become a mortician?

And why isn't Tak Won a profiler anymore? Why does he sell soap and vitamins now? Are they saving all the back stories for Season 2?

The best part of the show for me was watching the gang hang out together ribbing each other. I hope there is a Season 2, I'll definitely be watching. I think they scored over 3% consistently which is decent for an OCN show that airs really late at night. I would not mind if they just hung out more and solved less murders.

Anyway, it's been fun. Thanks everyone! :)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@chickfactorthanks for explanation. 

I think the timeline is more than a month, at least. Based on Fact Checkers, it was cancelled twice and was also replaced by rookie PD show. It could also be that Fact Checkers airs a topic for one or more weeks depending on the scope of topic.

I really hope there's S2 so can see Kang-ho work with them full time. They leave out some details maybe for possible S2 :D

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Team Bulldog: Off Duty Investigation, 번외수사

Archived