[Drama 2020] Team Bulldog: Off Duty Investigation, 번외수사

0ly40

@reddragon Oh I've been wondering about that too..whether or not Jin Kang Ho is truly rich? 

@chickfactor That would explain why MDS' portrait is being used...if he didn't have any connection to the drama..that would be pretty random. 

@Happy Sheep could the old guy he visited at night be the main plot? the old guy will def have sth to do with future crime. i watched on the lower volume setting (in dodgy TV too) so didnt get to enjoy the soundtrack .. couldnt even properly hear the conversation so i just relied on sub:joy:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sushimi said:

I feel like based on our Kang Ho’s reaction when talking to the old guy. Genuinely felt that he is holding a grudge against that old guy. So I would believe that the old guy (can be tied to the main crime) but most likely he can be tied to Kang Ho’s past. Possibly on why he became who he is today. Maybe the old guy did something that caused Kang Ho to lose one of his mate, which resulted in his personality today. 

Ohhh..good analysis there. Or did we find out already why his father aka ma dong seok passed away? I thought it was somehow mentioned in passing but i wasnt sure what they said (coz hubby decided to talk to me when they mentioned it). 

6 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

For now, I don’t think they said anything about his death. Hahaha.i would reckon he isn’t the main point, because since he is the producer, he might just want to put an Easter egg in. Who knows? Maybe he will play a certain big role..it’s too early to say now:joy:

Regarding if he is rich...tbh, I think he is..I mean...he got a black credit card...:lol:His crew just purchased a huge box of liver medicine:lol:(It’s either he is rich or moderately rich hahaha) 

Oh so they didnt say yet why the father died yet..lololol...

I wonder if he s rich because of his family is rich..or because he is somehow a corrupt cop? (I couldnt remember who said this...was it you?)

Just finished watching ep 3 and 4 :)

Too bad that we couldn't see the conclusion of the butterfly case. So far I'm still liking the pace, the humor and the light 'twists' these two episodes offered us. 

I do echo what Kang Moo Young said to Kang Ho..so far he seemed to be the one who's 'useless' in the team:joy: Ban Seok is the best medical examiner, Tak Won is the profiler, and Teddy is the muscle. Moo Young herself is pretty witty and that left us with Kang Ho..who doesnt seem to be the best in any area except that he's rich:joy: He just reminds me of Batman in Justice League

4j47MdX.gif

Looking forward to hearing others' thoughts :) 

Just now, snowlou said:

Just finished watching ep 3 and 4 :)

Too bad that we couldn't see the conclusion of the butterfly case. So far I'm still liking the pace, the humor and the light 'twists' these two episodes offered us. 

I do echo what Kang Moo Young said to Kang Ho..so far he seemed to be the one who's 'useless' in the team:joy: Ban Seok is the best medical examiner, Tak Won is the profiler, and Teddy is the muscle. Moo Young herself is pretty witty and that left us with Kang Ho..who doesnt seem to be the best in any area except that he's rich:joy: He just reminds me of Batman in Justice League

Looking forward to hearing others' thoughts :) 

Haha, I love it. Kang Ho is Batman - just a rich guy who can fund crime-fighting.

I love the whole gang, but I love Tak Won most of all. I love that he's always selling soap or shampoo because of some pyramid scheme. (Stay away from those, people.)

Spoiler

But honestly - the way both cases have gotten solved so far is... too easy? Tak Won just happened to know the artist  who turned out to be the murderer? And he just happened to have his painting conveniently hung on his wall? And he just happened to have been former housemates with the (falsely) accused serial killer?

9 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

Haha, I love it. Kang Ho is Batman - just a rich guy who can fund crime-fighting.

I love the whole gang, but I love Tak Won most of all. I love that he's always selling soap or shampoo because of some pyramid scheme. (Stay away from those, people.)

Hide contents

But honestly - the way both cases have gotten solved so far is... too easy? Tak Won just happened to know the artist  who turned out to be the murderer? And he just happened to have his painting conveniently hung on his wall? And he just happened to have been former housemates with the (falsely) accused serial killer?

That Batman scene just came to mind straight away when Kang Ho said he'd fund the investigation:D

Tak Won is hilarious! He just loves himself too much. LOL at how he knew exactly from which angles he should.be filmed:joy:

I agree...the 'coincidences' were a bit...'cheesy'? And plus the other runaway mate was also connected to Teddy :blink: Maybe this drama's cases are meant to be on the lighter sides instead of heavy and dark?

I think this episode gave us some backgrounds into Tak Won and Teddy. I'm expecting the show will reveal Ban Seok and then Moo Young and then Kang Ho?

Wow, there were some new reveals in eps. 3 and 4. Now we know that Kang Ho is spending the ill-gotten wealth amassed by his father through his 30 years of service to solve crimes. His mom does not have access to it. He's using the money to fund the resolution of a crime, while he himself is broke because he's receiving a meager salary.

It was also explained why Tak Won only does profiling on the side to augment his income as a pyramid seller.

I was laughing so hard at the scene of the landlady getting free makeup from Ban Seok.

I wouldn't say that Kang Ho is useless. There's pressure from their superiors. Kang Ho's team is not coordinated, though some can do actual and helpful research. But they're bad at stalking suspects. They do need the right direction (like having a profiler) to follow through the case and related cases. We saw that Kang Ho later did investigative work through forensic evidence. Outside the police force, Moo Young is investigating the crime, also based on what Tak Won said, using the help of Ban Seok, who used to work at forensics, but is now relegated to being a mortician. I can't wait to know more about his back story.

18 minutes ago, reddragon said:

I wouldn't say that Kang Ho is useless. There's pressure from their superiors. Kang Ho's team is not coordinated, though some can do actual and helpful research. But they're bad at stalking suspects. They do need the right direction (like having a profiler) to follow through the case and related cases. We saw that Kang Ho later did investigative work through forensic evidence. Outside the police force, Moo Young is investigating the crime, also based on what Tak Won said, using the help of Ban Seok, who used to work at forensics, but is now relegated to being a mortician. I can't wait to know more about his back story.

I agree Kang Ho is not useless, he is a very good detective (just very cranky). But it's too fun to see the other team members tease him. :lol:

Lol..i stand corrected..he s not useless...he's def observant and also he has handcuff:D

@reddragon so it seems he's a good cop but not sure about his late father. 

On 6/1/2020 at 1:46 PM, chickfactor said:

I agree Kang Ho is not useless, he is a very good detective (just very cranky). But it's too fun to see the other team members tease him. :lol:

Yep, I never once thought he was useless. He kind of reminds me of old school detective style. Maybe a bit reminiscent of Colombo. 

About an overarching story, I really don’t mind if they forego one. I don’t mind procedural crime shows at all. I often get annoyed that a lot of crime shows have that one criminal that just so happen to have a personal story with the lead detective and who the lead detective pursue unsuccessfully until seasons later (or episodes later for Kdrama). Even Sherlock Holmes had a nemesis so I guess crime shows seem to feel they need to have one for their protagonist. In any case, perhaps the old shoe repair guy might be the overarching adversary or story. His interaction with Kang Ho gives off that vibe. It’s highly possible his story will be showcased later in the show. 

I’m enjoying this show. I think they do a nice job of balancing the comedy with the serious nature of the cases. I enjoy all the characters too. The debut of the coroner turned mortician really tickled me.:lol: I’m also glad to see we don’t have corrupt police and/or prosecutors lurking about. However, did I hear it right when Kang Ho and his junior was talking about planting evidence when necessary? Yikes. 

6 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I'm also glad to see we don’t have corrupt police and/or prosecutors lurking about. However, did I hear it right when Kang Ho and his junior was talking about planting evidence when necessary? Yikes. 

Lol..we still have corrupt politician apparently:joy: Did Kang ho about planting evidence? I def miss that one:blink: 

6 hours ago, snowlou said:

Lol..we still have corrupt politician apparently:joy: Did Kang ho about planting evidence? I def miss that one:blink: 

Yes, I believe during that phone call with his junior, the junior told him he planted the victim’s evidence on the guys who stole the cars and Kang Ho told him it’s not necessary since they caught the guys in the act so there’s no need to plant evidence in this case. The junior responded that Kang Ho leaving him on his own to take the blame, I guess, if something happened. :lol: Also, just look at the way Kang Ho brought in stuff into the bar/night club to coerce the night club owner into giving him the names of the VIP list. He kind of reminds me of the cops in the past in the drama Life on Mars. 

12 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

:lol: Also, just look at the way Kang Ho brought in stuff into the bar/night club to coerce the night club owner into giving him the names of the VIP list. He kind of reminds me of the cops in the past in the drama Life on Mars. 

Ohhhh....yes i forgot that part. Pardon my brain...(and also at times i got distracted while watching so i missed some bits here and there). I'm also not good with a complicated case..i ll often forget who is who and related to what. So this drama is good because it's simpler compared to others. Even so...i'm already confused as to who the dead labourer was...:crazy:

Okay, according to the namu.wiki site:

https://namu.wiki/w/번외수사

Yes, his father became rich due to being a corrupt police officer, and his mother encouraged him. So Kang Ho is embarrassed about it. (I guess that's why he only spends the money on investigations.) On his first big case, the criminal was released due to lack of evidence and killed again, so that's why he's so dogged about making sure criminals go to jail. He will even fabricate evidence to do it.

Also, the producing company is called Team Gorilla which was formed by Ma Dong Seok. (haha, he is the corrupt policeman?)

This is the 3rd project from OCN Dramatic Cinema series. The 1st is Trap, the 2nd is Hell is Other People.

Archived