[Drama 2020] 365: One Year Against Destiny, 365: 운명을 거스르는 1년

0ly40

12 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Looks like MBC can't move on with our couple as well :D

Seriously, MBC really can't... :P (I actually don't remember this scene. Some comments say that it was left out. Hmmm... Either way, love seeing the three together.)

@rainbowwarm @AC95 Thank you both for your input on City Hunter. :)

Spoiler

They're somewhat differing views so I am curious how I would like it myself. I have time at the moment so it should be one I can binge one of these weekends. I do re-watch oldies and classics often so I think I should not mind the action scenes and cinematography of that time too much. Should be interesting to see some the leads during the early part of their career.

@AC95 I feel the same as you about LMH. I keep mum about it around my mom and some friends though. Btw, wear that full cheese proudly! :D

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@taeunfighting oh this clip is interesting since it tries to explain why Maru can remember the male lead [though my Korean is too elementary to understand the whole thing]. It seems that although Maru hasn't not participated in resets there are still fragments of memory the dog can recall from different timelines.

@000231846597 Thanks so much for sharing what you can understand from clip. Wished there was a subbed version, but I found a post on IG and this person's caption seems to align with your thoughts. :)

(Perhaps this could mean that GH's memories are recorded somewhere within her and there is a glimmer of hope that she may regain some back of HJ one day.)

Pretty neat that MBC followed up with the concept of Akashic records to connect memories through the span of space/time. Did some reading on it and feel like the concept could be applied to other time travel dramas that I've watched as well. In the clip, HJ suggested GH should use the concept as material in Hidden Killer season 2. I interpret that as they are receptive of a sequel. If this IG post is accurate, the production crew responded to viewers' requests for a season 2 by saying that "nothing has been decided yet" and they're "thinking about leaving all possibilities open". Seems to be the trend with most dramas nowadays.

23 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

Pretty neat that MBC followed up with the concept of Akashic records to connect memories through the span of space/time. Did some reading on it and feel like the concept could be applied to other time travel dramas that I've watched as well. In the clip, HJ suggested GH should use the concept as material in Hidden Killer season 2. I interpret that as they are receptive of a sequel. If this IG post is accurate, the production crew responded to viewers' requests for a season 2 by saying that "nothing has been decided yet" and they're "thinking about leaving all possibilities open". Seems to be the trend with most dramas nowadays.

They shouldn't have cut that scene though but I'm glad they decided to release it, better late than never, right? :D You are right, interjecting that Akashic Records concept explains a lot. Maybe they are thinking of a possible Season 2 but I still don't know if that would be a good idea though since this is based on a Japanese novel and even as much as I love to see them again.  But if Season 2 is as good as 1, or better, then I would be all for it. I think I can trust the writer here since it's quite better than the original one as some have mentioned. I also posted a couple pages back that Chinese netz were also craving for a Season 2.

@triplem Thanks for the mention chingu and for sharing the subbed version of the clip :blush:

@lightbringer06 My sense is that the writer had a season 2 in mind from the start. Hence, the 12 episode series, yellow car and cut scene. Regardless, totally agree that it's better late the never that they released it. I was glad too. In fact, I wasn't feeling the warm fuzzies about a potential season 2 until I saw the cut scene with full subs. It made me curious what else the writer has to offer about memory records and I wouldn't mind it if he elaborated more about the mechanics of resets. So, while I don't think a season 2 is necessary, if it happens, I will definitely tune in. I love time travel stories…especially twisty ones. 

I remember your post about Chinese viewers wanting a season 2 as well. I see positive reviews and same requests elsewhere too so it's nice to know that 365 received so much love from viewers. That alone is pretty awesome.

Thought this was a nice article. We've seen the videos released by MBC, but the commentary adds some more color to the meaning behind them.

https://www.hellokpop.com/news/365-repeat-the-year-special-video-clips-lee-joon-hyuk-nam-ji-hyun/

365-Repeat-The-Year-7-660x400.jpgMBC

K-DRAMA

“365: Repeat The Year” Unveils Special Video Clips Featuring Lee Joon Hyuk & Nam Ji Hyun

By Lilly | May 5, 2020

EVEN AFTER ITS CONCLUSION, MBC DRAMA, 365: REPEAT THE YEAR IS STILL A HOT TOPIC AMONG DRAMA LOVERS.

With its gripping storyline, 365: Repeat The Year had an overwhelming effect on the viewers. The drama aired its last episode on April 28, but fans are still not over it.

A fresh story setting, 365: Repeat The Year is about a group of people who chose to reset their lives and travel to a timeline of one year in the past. However, a series of unfortunate events occur and the resetters start dying mysteriously one after another. Thus, begins an intense survival game where they must win against fate itself.

The drama engages from the very beginning with a well-established combination of well-made genres, a solid script that maintains the tension and detailed portrayal of the characters. Highly praised for its unpredictability and fast-track development, 365: Repeat The Year exhibited its unique color to the genre.

As a result, viewers continue to pour hot reactions even though the drama ended. While some are still hoping for a season 2. In order to express gratitude towards fans for their relentless support, the production team of 365: Repeat The Year dropped two special videos.

The first is a music video containing the story of Lee Joon Hyuk and Nam Ji Hyun using the OST of 365: Repeat The Year. The video has different feels from the drama 365: Repeat The Year, but it is more meaningful because it is a special video created specifically by the production team, to cater to the reactions of viewers who strongly wanted the romance between the main leads in the drama.

Spoiler

The second is a special scene from the drama which was released on May 5. It is a scene that was not shown in the television broadcast, so it seems to be a more special gift for viewers who have loved and supported the drama, 365: Repeat The Year.

Spoiler

This unreleased video provides an answer involving Nam Ji Hyun’s dog, Maru. Though he did not go through the reset, Maru recognized Lee Joon Hyuk in another timeline where they met for the first time.

In the video, Nam Ji Hyun tells Lee Joon Hyuk about ‘Akashic Records’, the concept that everything that happened in space-time is recorded somewhere.

The reason why Nam Ji Hyun, who faced Lee Joon Hyuk again after a reset at the ending of 365: Repeat The Year, asked him for a webtoon consultation is also related to the concept of ‘Akashic Records’.

Therefore, even though the drama is over, it hints at the special relationship that will continue between these two people who have transcended the time and space, but are left deeper lingering feelings.

@taeunfighting Also love time travels, but thus far, for me, this would definitely be at the top of my list :D. I would wait for one to top that ~ If they do S2, and as long as it's the same cast, I would fully support it. It's just unfortunate that we, international viewers, can't help much on the ratings there in Korea but I hope the cast, crew and the prod team is aware of the love and support we have for this drama.

Director's Cut Blu-ray with 6 discs of additional clips - pre-order 12 - 27 May

No pressure of course, as not everyone may be as keen about this drama or be in a position to make the purchase. :) Admittedly, the price is pretty steep at reportedly 245,000 KRW.

But in case you are interested, the campaign to get the blu-ray published marches on. http://cafe.daum.net/destiny365/9ucQ/6 

Basically they drummed up enough interest to make a Director's Cut blu-ray with 6 discs of additional clips. From 12 May onwards they will see whether actual pre-orders match the initial interest. 

It's fairly clear that in order to get a Season 2, sales of the S1 blu-ray will be a gauge. 

Again, purchasing goods is a very personal choice, still, not everyone may have seen these notices. They are catering to overseas fans, by the way, the notice below was posted in English.

I quote: 

"To all the fans of 365 Repeat the Year,

Please read our notice thoroughly, it's super important!!!

1. The distribution company has been decided, ENE MEDIA.

2. The only option for us is director's cut "Blu-ray". If we can't reach the target number during the pre-order, we will have to cease the project. It means that we cannot proceed other options such as BTS cut or director's cut DVD.

3. Thanks to the person in charge of ENE MEDIA, pre-order date has been confirmed.
Based on the voting result and demand, we will proceed pre-order for the [director's cut Blu-ray] only.

-Package: 6 Disc of all episodes + 6 Disc of additional clips.
-Cost: KRW 245,000
(Only full payment is available but depends on your credit card, installment payment could be possible.)
-Pre-order period: 11 AM on May 12 ~ May 27 (KST)
-Purchase link: via yes24, we will provide the link when it's ready.
-Coupon: $5 (only available from May 12 ~ May 20)

4. Please check FAQs and all notices as well!
http://m.cafe.daum.net/destiny365/9ucQ/3?svc=cafeapp

*If we can't reach the pre-order target number, this project will be cancelled.*

We kindly ask your active participation, promotion and support!

Additionally we, the bluray executive team, are
planning to hold our own event, we will announce it before the pre-order period.  "

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heard that this drama has some difficulty reaching the needed quota for director's blu-ray production. In case any one is interested, you have until Jun 7 to pre-order the blu-ray DVDs [with souvenirs and extra BTS clips/ scenes] and help the drama fans to reach the minimal amount for production.

http://cafe.daum.net/destiny365/9ucQ

Archived