[Drama 2020] 365: One Year Against Destiny, 365: 운명을 거스르는 1년

0ly40

1. Oh god...i see HJ coming to see LS...she seem to be expecting him...I think he wants to reset...she says a bunch of crap and next thing I know HJ is going down that windy road....my god he is trying to reset...( as he drives , he thinks of some instructions that LS told him)

2. Hmm he is waiting at some field ...he looks at his watch...then we also see Hwang driving...flashback about how GH hopes she has someone like HJ who is such a good friend...HJ says wait for me

4. Then we suddenly enter into another reset??? HJ coming out from the station , Hwang walking past...but he does not seem to recognise Hwang ...Hwang smiled walking off

5, Suddenly HJ comes to Hwang's office ...he actually remembers everything...he came here to arrest Hwang...I think Hwang did not know that HJ had resetted..

6. Sun Ho  in his trophy room , yet to kill anyone...HJ comes to see him and arrests him ....

7. HJ goes check on Gh ..she is well and alive...she comes out with  Maru ...she does not remember him...but they have a very love at first sight moment...he said are you the Hidden Killer writer......he was going to leave...then she called to him...and did agree to meet or something..he asked for her signature again? ( lol!)

- the end _

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG.... called it... I knew it will end with HJ getting GH's signature finally :joy:.. and GH's "wish" of being saved by a friend like HJ... I'm crying :tears:... 

Edit:

With that kind of a 'happy ending', it's very much like a Jdrama. Though I haven't watched the J version but this kind of ending are usually a Jdrama-format ending, open-ended. May not be what everyone like but at least it leaves you with that feeling of..... "hope" :)

I really wasn't ready for this drama to finish.

I have loved pretty much every minute of it... ok. loved every minute. I can somewhat understand from a plotting and pace perspective why they trimmed it but... omo. I wish we had the full 16 ep. i'd have watched it for the filler and potential fluff (hopeful romance). I personally thought they would have had a more obvious call back /mirror to the very beginning with the signing but the ending does mirror the beginning of their actual partnership so happy as well... I just want more. and would happily watch a second season of this drama.

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] 365: One Year Against Destiny, 365: 운명을 거스르는 1년

I am not sure what to think ( need subs) but I think it was a happy ending of sorts too @nrllee

here she actually knew who he was because he had become famous for solving some cases...I just think this scene opens door for them to become friends again... (maybe potential romance without having to be obsessed about solving  cases

Scene of him resetting

Spoiler

The sad scene of her dying

Spoiler

I’m just glad they didn’t leave it open ended. Usually stories like this tend to do opening endings because I guess the writers think it’s cool to keep the audience guessing. I’m also happy that GH is alive. The girl has a knack for solving crimes. She and JH were great together.

So GH asks HJ a favor and HJ ask for her sign as a promise in return. I suddenly remember that I think while doing her webtoon before, she's been asking a certain detective's help... which was mentioned when she was talking to her new manager. So I'm going to assume that she'll be needing his help as a detective for her webtoon and the rest is all up to our imagination :)

I'm gonna miss these two :bawling:

ezgif-com-video-to-gif.gif credit: @ROSE_PARADIGM (twitter)

LOL... sajangnim is funny... so that's how they've done it for the cast as well.

Spoiler

There was a wrap up party ! 
Look at LJH’s hair ...it’s like he came from filming SF2. The wavy hair all gone :lol: .

I am going to miss him 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

More Pics with all the resetters

Spoiler

Gosh , I think I’ll miss this pair .. I think they hv sweeter moments BTS :joy:

Their final words ..,k nets ask for S2 but with romance as they like this pairing 

Regarding HJ and GH, it looks like in all the prior resets they died together except this time when GH insisted on changing their fate. The fact that they were growing closer in one of former resets shown (where she was in a wheelchair) seem to imply  that they have a tendency to be drawn to each other. So in a way I expect that in this new reset they will eventually become a couple.

I’m feel a bit dissatisfied with the ending for Professor Hwang and SH. I have watched them do so much damage to the lives around them that I wanted to see them suffering. :sweatingbullets: Still, I like that Lee Shin at least decided to be brave in welcoming an unknown future for herself and her daughter.

I love the ending!! Everything is wrapped up nicely. But I have to say this final episode is quite rushed when comparing to the pacing of earlier episodes... and of course especially those last few minutes!! Too rushed!! Not enough!!!! Arrgghhh.... would it hurt to show us more of them, like maybe having a meal, coffee or something...

6 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I’m feel a bit dissatisfied with the ending for Professor Hwang and SH. I have watched them do so much damage to the lives around them that I wanted to see them suffering. 

I know what you mean. But by the reset time, they haven’t done too much damage so maybe that’s why... 

Oh, one thing I wonder about. So SH didn’t end up getting killed by that prisoner who just got out, right? Because he wasn’t given the idea to do so by evil Prof.Hwang? 

Overall, I thought it was a fantastic last episode and loved the ending.

As far as the baddies, I liked that Hwang turned out to be the evil mastermind and that LS was just his puppet. Quite sad that it was actually not her daughter’s fate to die that specific date/time, but Hwang killed her every year to manipulate LS emotions’ to reset. Thanks to GH though, her daughter was saved this time. It does not excuse her actions in any way, but I thought it was nice to see LS in a more human-like nature. She finally decided to help GH though she was too late. At least, she chose to take GH's advice to embrace the present and future in order to give her daughter the opportunity to live out her life. It seemed the only way she felt she could repay and thank the leads was to help HJ reset. She completely understood his ultimate reason to do so I was glad she explained the steps to him the best she could.

Finally, the leads - there was never any real romance, but their friendship was absolutely beautiful and genuine. GH knew that they would die together with HJ trying to save her so she made sure he was saved instead. I had wondered if the leads would be able to resist another reset to save the other. Putting myself in their shoes, I should have known that there would be no question that either would do it. The thing with HJ is that he wasn’t even sure if the path would lead to a successful reset or death, but he took the risk anyway. The part where he told GH told that she has him (as a friend) and to wait for him was a lovely and emotional touch. Back in time, GH has no memories, but I think it is better that she does not remember the dark times and is able to have a bright and fresh start. The most important thing to me was that HJ and GH reunited with each other. I had no doubt that they would rekindle their fate from there. Based on how they cutely interacted with each other, I will use my imagination that he understood what it felt like to lose her once before so with this second chance, he will definitely take their friendship to the next level. :wub:

@triplem Thanks for all the recaps and sharing the BTS. The leads really had amazing chemistry and it was clear off screen as well. I have liked NJH since Angel Eyes so am familiar with her real life personality. I have seen almost all of LJH’s projects, but it wasn’t until Lies Within and 365 where I became more familiar with him. Similar to NJH, he is a sweetheart too and his real self doesn’t seem much different from HJ. I think I better understand your fangirl heart. Also, he looked really handsome at the wrap-party. I really dig the hair. Will definitely be seeing him with a different pair of eyes in Stranger 2.

:love:

In short this reset thing was engineered by Hwang because he must have been bored and lonely wanting some fun. Well he is just as bad as SH. Song and LS was fooled by the old man and played his game. I don’t understand LS logic in wanting to reset over and over just to be with her daughter for a year and then go through the grief of her death. Isn’t that torture? 
The part where HJ resets again and meets GH was good. Overall i’m loving their ending. Will miss them and Maru too:joy:

18 hours ago, tinymel said:

I really wasn't ready for this drama to finish.

I have loved pretty much every minute of it... ok. loved every minute. I can somewhat understand from a plotting and pace perspective why they trimmed it but... omo. I wish we had the full 16 ep. i'd have watched it for the filler and potential fluff (hopeful romance).

I am not a fan of fillers, but the drama does need 1 or 2 episodes more to tie up the loose ends more nicely. I guess I still need sometime to digest the finale, but I will certainly miss this show, the brain churns we had, Maru and the cute police couple.

5 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

In short this reset thing was engineered by Hwang because he must have been bored and lonely wanting some fun. Well he is just as bad as SH. Song and LS was fooled by the old man and played his game

9 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I’m feel a bit dissatisfied with the ending for Professor Hwang and SH. I have watched them do so much damage to the lives around them that I wanted to see them suffering.

As long as HJ can do the damage control, it's fine for me. Though I am expecting more about the Professor's background and his rationale.... I get the god complex part, but I feel it's not full explanation of how he became who he is... I would wanna know at least why he felt so much pain and wanted to die at the first place [from what I understood from the finale, he committed suicide and accidentally found the time travel crack?] And the pharmaceutical background didn't tell us much about him either, it was just a convenient backdrop scriptwriters used to explain why he could control LS. And again, the rant I did about SH!! We need more about the photoframes! The documentary!

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I love the ending!! Everything is wrapped up nicely. But I have to say this final episode is quite rushed comparing to the pacing of earlier episodes... and of course especially those last few minutes!! Too rushed!! Not enough!!!! Arrgghhh.... would it hurt to show us more of them, like maybe having a meal, coffee or something...

I actually believe the ending that the scriptwriters intended was to make HJ's Y-junction drive a cliffhanger. The final bits feel more like "fan service" for audience, for me it's suffice. Though I would hope to know some more details about the reset mechanism and how the professor learnt about that, among the other things about him and SH I pointed out above.

7 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

At least, she chose to take GH's advice to embrace the present and future in order to give her daughter the opportunity to live out her life. It seemed the only way she felt she could repay and thank the leads was to help HJ reset. She completely understood his ultimate reason to do so I was glad she explained the steps to him the best she could.

LS' arc is the one I liked most, not a superficial black and white character, selfish but with redeemable qualities. I am touched by GH's actions to deter her from further self-damage psychologically. Glad to see her able to move on.

18 hours ago, celebrianna said:

The girl has a knack for solving crimes.

I really appreciate how smart GH was!

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

So SH didn’t end up getting killed by that prisoner who just got out, right?

From what I get, in the original timeline and the first 5 resets, neither HJ nor SH was killed by the prisoner. HJ was able to arrest the prisoner when he was trying to kill HJ. In the ending reset, HJ just let things go in the original way. [EDIT: wrong facts omitted]

17 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

LOL... sajangnim is funny... so that's how they've done it for the cast as well.

Quote: twitter @ilchodo

"We didn't know when we were going to die. So when we receive a new script, we would be nervous. While the filming atmosphere was fun, we were all thinking: 'How long can I survive until?' "

caption: half fun, half fear real-life
survival game too?

Haha thank you for this fun BTS information!

12 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

I don’t understand LS logic in wanting to reset over and over just to be with her daughter for a year and then go through the grief of her death. Isn’t that torture? 

The prof told her that there will come a time a cure will be found for her daughter. Maybe promising to help with it during every reset. Despicable old man! He lied to Song every time  that he would bring her the next reset, when the reset itself is only 365 days ago. 

1 hour ago, 000231846597 said:

LS' arc is the one I liked most, not a superficial black and white character, selfish but with redeemable qualities. I am touched by GH's actions to deter her from further self-damage psychologically. Glad to see her able to move on.

I thought her arc was the most complex, but well-developed from beginning to end. I liked her transformation from god-like, evil/sinister then finally to more human-like. Based on her interactions with her daughter over the episodes, there were glimmers that indicated that her heart was not all bad so I was glad it written to be true. She was selfish, but I think for an understandable reason. My favorite part of the last episode was how GH was able to make a final and positive impact on her. Very touching. I was pleased to see LS free herself and her daughter from the loop as well.

Final verdict.

I like the ending.

Though poignant and strangely romantic in the final moments. Haha.

Fate doesn't mean it can't be changed. Hmmmm....

And LJH, please go for a romantic lead role in your future projects. Your eyes are really expressive.

I have to say, this drama was one of the most complicated, unpredictable drama I have watched. Am glad our leads will have a happy ending. And to finally see LS move forward with her. It was sweet to see her and her daughter take the train she promised her. GH really saved LS in so many ways. She would be trapped a terrible fate forever. GH was HJ true partner. :heart:

Professor was complicated character we didn't get a background from his character.  Why he did what he did? Maybe he is such an evil person like SH. 

Archived