[Drama 2020] 365: One Year Against Destiny, 365: 운명을 거스르는 1년

0ly40

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final thoughts before the big reveal tonight.  The person Hwang wants to add to his next reset cannot be SH.  He already knows so much and he would bring all that knowledge with him to the next reset.  And being a serial killer, he would be totally unhinged and uncontrollable.  For someone to reset, they need to have a reason to do so.  Letting SH reset would be like releasing him into a flock of sheep and he would be able to kill at will.  So the person Hwang is thinking of adding would have to be either HJ or GH.  If only one of them survives, there would be incentive for the survivor to reset to “make it right” again.  LS must’ve lied to SH to imply that he’s the one to live to the end (she said none of the resetters lived and because SH didn’t reset, he would’ve assumed he would live).  

I get the feeling that if Hwang dies, LS won’t be able to reset on her own because I think he’s the one who engineered it in the first place and recruited her - I think the 2 people who were supposed to die in the train ride were LS and her daughter, Hwang was the one who rescued them and gave LS the incentive to be his puppet by letting her relive her life with her daughter over and over again.

I want this ending - Our dynamic duo turns the tables on Hwang and have SH kill him.  They arrest SH and our duo lives out their lives with Maru.  Although the fact that HJ gave Maru and her the silk bracelets isn’t looking good for this happy ever after. :sweatingbullets: I am hoping it’s a red herring.  LS takes her daughter for the train ride and they pass on (like they were fated to do anyway).  

SH's killings is puzzling to me. It started with that accident after his promotion and the case was reported as an accident not murder. He then went on to kill others at random with no specific reasons and most of the cases were reported as accidents eg  Cho Kyu Man (lottery ticket), Cha Jeung Seok (music box), Park Yong Gil's replacement (gloves), Yeon Soo (handphone). In all this deaths he was just happy collecting souvenirs? and the empty frames above the items was just there to confuse us i assume. SH said that he only started to believe in the 'reset' after the death of Park Yong Gil's replacement from then on he just kill without caring to make it look like an accident since he was predestined to kill and they were predestined to die hence SeRin died a horrible death at his hands. But what i don't understand is if most of the 'killings' were not 'murders' why was it labeled as serial killings. 

29 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

But what i don't understand is if most of the 'killings' were not 'murders' why was it labeled as serial killings. 

Because he staged them all to look like they were accidental?  He killed them but staged the crime scene to look like it was accidental.  Right from the start. So the police concluded the deaths as accidental/suicide.  It’s only now when they look in retrospect that they realized that it was intentional on SunHo’s part and therefore a serial killing.

2 hours ago, pout said:

I’ve yet to watch last week’s eps even, and here we are at the dawn of this weeks new eps already.  I noted down a lot of stuff I noticed from what time I had to rewatch some eps at the time (eps 6-8), since I’ve somehow avoided the temptation for spoilers until now. Some of this may be irrelevant/disproven already, or on the contrary confirmed, but (hopefully) still contains some interesting things to look back on. 

Welcome to the brain gym party! Be warned: the show did give us a hell load of red herrings :naughty:, eg. the killing order, BJT,  the flowers.  [spoilers below]

2 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

[serial killer's] killings is puzzling to me. It started with that accident after his promotion and the case was reported as an accident not murder. He then went on to kill others at random with no specific reasons and most of the cases were reported as accidents.
[....]

In all this deaths he was just happy collecting souvenirs? and the empty frames above the items was just there to confuse us i assume. 
[....] 

But what i don't understand is if most of the 'killings' were not 'murders' why was it labeled as serial killings. 

Yeah the show could have given us more details to the mind of the killer, and the photo frames! The animal documentary! I can only speculate that he was feeling inferior, being promoted ONLY after a long 11-year period. Being able to disguise his killings as accidents gave him fulfillment he wanted, and the souvenirs served as reminder of the satisfying, "perfect" no-trace killings he orchestrated. The police at first could only identify the death of BJT and gamer boy as linked murders, but not SeRin's unsolved case and other accidents. It was only after the discovery of the souvenir room did they know the killings were in serial form.

2 hours ago, 000231846597 said:

Welcome to the brain gym party! Be warned: the show did give us a hell load of red herrings :naughty:, eg. the killing order, BJT,  the flowers.  [spoilers below]

-snip-

Haha thanks :lol::lol:

Gonna hold back on reading those spoilers for now tho, since I'm only now about to watch last week's eps. Haven't held myself back from spoilers with such determination(?) for a long time. There's a different meaning to being able to participate in weekly discussions so it does hurt me a bit (but I lurk more than I post in the first place). Tho we gain things from watching at our own pace without the pressure of of keeping up with anything, we lose some things in exchange as well, I guess...

15 hours ago, 000231846597 said:

Though the details are not shown, I would assume the captain trusted the alibi HJ somehow gave him before they meet.

That is possible. Or perhaps the Captain knew HJ so well that he gave him the benefit of the doubt

10 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

You are not alone...I still cannot figure out this part either. The only thing I can think of is that Hwang told SH something convincing about his fate so he let him go. At least we will find out everything we have been wanting to know very soon. 

After watching with subs, this is probably the case. If not Sun Ho would not have been so smug walking into the prison bus.

Anyway, I have really enjoyed this ride. I will miss LJH loads ...till Secret Forest 2...I will watch live and recap  

Live caps

1. So it seems Hwang tells that he would use someone to continue with this experiment...he showed her the pic of Sun Ho

2. We get a flashback of when LS goes to see the guy who killed SH in the 6th reset...Hwang had actually gotten into the car and talk to the guy further...

3. A scene of the group reset...then LS meeting Hwang straight away after that

4. HJ and GH open the box - a card that has some cryptic message...( need subs) . HJ gets call that SH escaped .

5. HJ rushes back to station and finds out what happened from the other 2 cops about the prison bus . HJ think of the cryptic message in the card

6.  SH comes to see LS and Hwang who were in his office ...flashback...when SH stranggled Hwang he did not kill him. Just made him unconscious and had brought him to HJ's abandon room. Hwang explained to SH about the reset there...so he convinced SH not to kill him

7. Hwang keeping to his end of the bargain - think he will get SH to reset(?)...LS is not keen

8. GH and HJ trying to find clues from a book , looking at the cctv of Sun Ho at the night he went to strangle Hwang..

10. Sun HO sitting  and looking at his gun

1. HJ and GH seem to have some plan of what they'd do...

2. HJ goes to see Lee Shin...he brings her into the station to be interoggated...(  but on what grounds though?) Is he saying she helped Sun Ho escape...but she is no longer arrogant and mysterious as before..

3. GH  tailing LS's assistant who went to the cafe to get something

4. Hwang and SH are fishing together ...and Hwang tells him how he first reset?

5. HJ presses LS for Sun Ho's whereabouts? He says something about whether she'd want to go back to her daughter? LS is in tears..

6. Hwang ask the assistant to do something ...i think inject something into LS' daughter..she was not comfortable...

7. So she is at the hospital room..she was about to inject something that would kill the daughter...but GH stop her on time...the assistant runs ..GH gave chase

8. I think the reason why the daughter has been dying in every reset is because Hwang had been the one to kill the kid ( and it is his way of manipulating LS...so fortunately  this time round the girl was saved...GH came back to the hospital room 

9 . Assistant called Hwang , told him that GH interuppted her and she could not kill the girl

10. LS doctor friend tells LS how GH saved her daughter...now GH and LS talk ...so LS realised she has been manipulated by Hwang herself

1. GH and HJ meet at the station...anyway I think she had come to report about the attempt of murder on LS's daughter...Our leads cannot believe that they would go so far to kill a girl..

2. Hmm  interesting...Hwang calls GH and they talk about how he was at the florist shop that blew up...hmmm....he is such crazy man...brought up the card...think he is telling her that you can't change fate...GH was so pissed off and walk out , he stopped her and mentioned HJ's name ( urghhh, is he next ?)...

( first half done) 

3. Now we see the assistant...walking in some park / temple....LS came to see her...she wanted to ask the assistant if it was true that Hwang asked to do it...LS can't believe she'd do that to her daughter....hmmm seems Hwang has something on her too...but anyway , the assistant had recorded the call of Hwang asking her to kill LS daughter...LS heard the recording 

4. LS went to see  Hwang

5. HJ and GH talking in her house , she seems not focussed...hmm I think what Hwang said to her about HJ affected her . HJ realises she is not focussed.

6. LS with her girl and feeling grateful girl is alive.

7. Not sure what Hwang tells her ...but now there's another scene of LS and Hwang talking...

I am not sure why LS is not angry enough with Hwang??? I really need subs...what sort of manipulative words did he tell her..is she trapping him?

1. HJ , I think has leads as to where SH is and has to leave GH...but GH is worried ...oh man I think he could be next to die ( no, please)

2. GH had gone  to see LS  earlier on...she wants to know HJ's fate...she asked about all the resets...but don't think LS can tell her what will happen to HJ...LS seems to say , nothing will change but GH says that is not true

3. GH sits on her bed worried...LS with her daugther thinks of what GH has asked regarding HJ's fate ...like where he would die or something

4. HJ is in his car...hmm he gets a call from the asssistant saying that Hwang is now in Zian

5. LS changes her mind and calls GH ...tells her now is the time ( for what??) ...GH gets off her bed and rushes out..

6. HJ is now with Hwang ..is he showing him a warrant?

7. GH rushing out with her dog...damn it was a trap...SH with mask meets her at her doorstep...

8. SH takes GH's phone and calls HJ ...SH tells him he better save GH...GH tells him don't come...my god Hwang is just messing with them using SH..even tears that document that HJ brought with him

1. HJ leaves quickly...and is driving fast in his car..

2. GH wakes up and see SH there...they look like they are in HJ's room ( omg...is he going to set HJ up as the killer)

3. He tells her how she died in the past when she was in a wheelchair - SH sends a photo to HJ of GH asleep on his couch...and he used it to bring HJ there ...he killed them both ( but this part is a little confusing)...

4. Anyway ...SH looks at his phone...wondering when HJ will come...GH says some stuff that upset him....

5. HJ arrives at his house...sees GH - she's been shot and is bleeding and SH was going to shoot HJ from the back..GH semi conscious turned around and protected HJ and got shot instead...

6. HJ fought with SH and overpowered him and cuffed him

7. nooooooo...GH dies ...as HJ holds her hands and cries...omg...this is nuts...he finally hugs her and remembers how she told him that she would protect him...urghh...damn sad

Archived