[Drama 2019-2020] Civil War of Prosecutors, 검사내전

0ly40

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fun episode 9. 

What is the chance that the gamers all live in the same city? And i guess the game doesn't have an ingame trade function? :D

You could see most of it coming. That the charge wasn't about the toys. Who the legendary king is and that those toys were only fakes in the end. I think it was meant that way. The anticipation for the reveals and seeing LSW squirming was so much fun.

I defintely ship Kim Jung-Woo and Sung Mi-Ran. But seems like he is still texting that flight attendant. And poor her. He finally pays more attention to her. But not exactly what she had in mind.

Episode 10 was fun as well.

That moment where they walk down the floor and then they realize they passed their offices :D

I knew she wasn't going to drop the case. But i was pleasantly surprised that she trusted and involved her superiors. 

And LSW was the one who let the culprit leave the country in the first place. 

What i don't get is why CMJ still values the carpenter's ruler so high. As it turned out the owners are just an elitist but corrupt group that don't share her morals at all. Why would she still want it?

Now i don't know if the people who received the carpenter's ruler were worthy of such honor.  Mr Park, a member of the carpenter's ruler club displayed such arrogance when he demanded LSW to stop the investigation on 2Kmotors. I'm glad LSW admitted to everyone he wasn't the owner of the ruler. It was an awkward and an embarrassing moment for him. I had expected CMJ's attitude after finding that out. She didn't have to be that blunt about it. Poor LSW he didn't know about the carpenter's ruler because he was busy with volunteer work.

Ep10 had lots of funny moments too.  I can't believe they had to resort to the 'found it' strategy. It was especially funny when JungHwan rehearsed it before the search and seizure. 

The plan by CMJ. chief Jo and branch Chief was really funny.  I don't know what made them exclude LSW from the plot, chief Jo said he's hopeless, poor guy. I can;t help laughing when LSW was sulking about and him closing the lift door on CMJ, so childish of him lol . In the end they caught the ceo of 2Kmotors. 

Although CMJ was a bit harsh when LSW apologized, she was right that he had already thought of her as colluding with the assemblyman. my my when will this two ever make up. 

That was a fun ep. I felt bad for Seong Woong though.. he was SO done with all of his work colleagues LoL! I feel like everyone else including Myung Joo sees him as a pushover; not to be taken seriously. Everyone's reaction when the truth was revealed on the carpenter's ruler was priceless ha-ha.

But what I like 'bout Seong Woong is he knows when to admit he's wrong which is something even Myung Joo has a hard time doin'. Is it me or does Ms. Sung & Ms. Oh can pass off as twins LMFAo!!??  

On 1/22/2020 at 11:25 AM, widala said:

I'm glad CMJ is slowly becoming the part of the team.

The way she conspired with Chief Cho and Branch Chief Kim to catch the criminal is just too funny...

But, in the expense of LSW, because they didn't include him in the charade...

Poor clueless LSW...:sweatingbullets:

I've grown to respect Branch Chief Kim, and I guess Chief Cho wasn't that bad either.

While I did not doubt that CMJ wasn’t going to compromise & would definitely not do the bidding of those higher ups , the real twist for me was that she worked with the branch bosses . I cracked up completely when it was revealed they had all agreed not to tell LSW :joy:. Poor guy . But they all probably understood that LSW is the straight & narrow sort & won’t be able to pull off the bluff . However this is exactly why I love LSW . It bugged him so much to hv to deceive everyone about the ruler . 

18 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

Now i don't know if the people who received the carpenter's ruler were worthy of such honor.  Mr Park, a member of the carpenter's ruler club displayed such arrogance when he demanded LSW to stop the investigation on 2Kmotors. I'm glad LSW admitted to everyone he wasn't the owner of the ruler. It was an awkward and an embarrassing moment for him. I had expected CMJ's attitude after finding that out. She didn't have to be that blunt about it. Poor LSW he didn't know about the carpenter's ruler because he was busy with volunteer work.

I wonder now what the professor’s criteria in giving out these rulers. The recipients seem to have formed an elitist club of sorts, and have used the network for their personal gains . Felt like the  recognition got to their heads.  

Diary of a Prosecutor Episode 9 Recap

by quirkycase

DoP09-00125.jpg

Our baby prosecutor experiences a setback and decides to take matters into his own hands to the consternation of his team. Although it seems like a minor issue to them, he takes it deadly seriously. Adding to their problems is the return of an infamous citizen with a penchant for suing people. All this begs the question, when is it acceptable to involve the law in your personal problems?

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/01/diary-of-a-prosecutor-episode-9/

17 hours ago, triplem said:

While I did not doubt that CMJ wasn’t going to compromise & would definitely not do the bidding of those higher ups , the real twist for me was that she worked with the branch bosses . I cracked up completely when it was revealed they had all agreed not to tell LSW :joy:. Poor guy . But they all probably understood that LSW is the straight & narrow sort & won’t be able to pull off the bluff . However this is exactly why I love LSW . It bugged him so much to hv to deceive everyone about the ruler . 

I wonder now what the professor’s criteria in giving out these rulers. The recipients seem to have formed an elitist club of sorts, and have used the network for their personal gains . Felt like the  recognition got to their heads.  

Yes. I loved that Sun-Woong's possession of the "yoo chuk" was demystified when he came clean, but the aura of the "yoo chuk" was demystified as well! It seems the "yoo chuk" society is a bunch of glad-handing bros who take corruption quite lightly. So much for The Great Yoo Chuk worship.

It's possible Myung-Joo was passed up for the dubious honor of being given the "yoo chuk" because she was too straight edge.

What I am living for is the Great Ring worship. (I don't remember what that ring is called, The Ring of Sauron? Ha ha.)

Mi-Ran is the ruler in her game world, and everyone bows down! I was dying when she slowly raised her hand without a word. Epic.

I am a bit behind but absolutely agree with everyone that episode 9 was very funny. I love how serious Pro Kim was about the whole thing, not caring whether his professional colleagues found his behaviors totally "unprofessional."  Haha.... I was surprised Song (is that her name) did not try to hide her identity. Was she legally required to show up? Could she have refused? Lee Seon Kyun has not been given much of an acting challenge so far, but at least he was very very entertaining with his funny reactions and facial expressions. 

On to episode 10.

Episode 10 recap from Dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/shows/diary-of-a-prosecutor/

Diary of a Prosecutor: Episode 10

by quirkycase

DoP10-00185.jpg

Doing the right thing is easier said than done when your career may be on the line. A case tied to an influential local figure causes friction in the prosecution office as those in charge are pressured to sweep things under the rug. Everyone has to decide for themselves where their priorities lie and if they’re willing to risk their superiors’ ire to follow their conscience.

======

If you read the comments, there're some who don't like CMJ's character because of her treatment to LSW...

What about you guys?

I personally feel disappointed too that they made CMJ so stubborn and narrow minded when it comes to LSW.

After the ruler misunderstanding had been cleared out, I hope she'll be more friendly towards LSW but nope.

I understand that the ruler is just one of the things that made her doesn't like LSW more, while the root if her problems is their connection in the college.

Although, I don't get why she dislike him so much.

Yes, maybe he's a rich kid who doesn't seems to struggle with money and spend it without any thoughts.

But, at least it's for charity. It's not like he used it for partying or doing drugs or many other worse things.

And he didn't know she was struggling to put herself through college, so any kindness from him, like when he asked her to eat together, wasn't out of pity.

Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

On 1/24/2020 at 10:22 AM, chickfactor said:

What I am living for is the Great Ring worship. (I don't remember what that ring is called, The Ring of Sauron? Ha ha.)

Mi-Ran is the ruler in her game world, and everyone bows down! I was dying when she slowly raised her hand without a word. Epic.

me too!!!! Guess what...the writers know what we want...looks like they will develop this further

https://www.soompi.com/article/1379106wpp/jeon-sung-woo-and-ahn-eun-jin-test-out-their-video-game-relationship-in-real-life-in-war-of-prosecutors

Jeon Sung Woo And Ahn Eun Jin Test Out Their Video Game Relationship In Real Life In “War Of Prosecutors”

Jan 25, 2020
by S. Park

The potential for a digital relationship in the real world will be tested in “War of Prosecutors”!

In the drama, viewers were surprised when pokerfaced office administrator Sung Mi Ran (played by Ahn Eun Jin) revealed herself as “Camillus the Great,” the top player of a computer game enjoyed by Kim Jung Woo (played by Jeon Sung Woo).

Last week, Kim Jung Woo was conned of items in the online game. He was not only the first prosecutor to file a complaint about his own case, but also engaged in a petty, loud argument with the suspect in the face-to-face investigations. This led to summoning the game’s top player “Camillus the Great,” and Sung Mi Ran surprised everyone by revealing her online identity and sitting in the witness chair.

Once she sat down, Sung Mi Ran slowly raised her hand where she proudly wore the ring of the “Supreme Being.” Recognizing the ring, Kim Jung Woo was astonished and immediately got on his knees in front of her. Hilarity ensued as the drama turned into a scene in a video game where Sung Mi Ran and Kim Jung Woo transformed into video game characters.

A question mark has now arose in the relationship between Kim Jung Woo and Sung Mi Ran. Her behavior and constant observation of Kim Jung Woo had some viewers speculating if she had feelings for her co-worker. Her latest identity reveal, however, has changed her storyline.

Kim Jung Woo previously said, “There are only three people I admire in this world: General Lee Soon Shin, my father, and Camillus the Great,” and showed his overprotective side for Sung Mi Ran. When Jo Min Ho (played by Lee Sung Jae) asked if this was a display of love, Kim Jung Woo replied, “It’s devotion.” Viewers are now left wondering how their online relationship as king and loyal subject will play out in the office.

A source from the drama said, “Mi Ran’s secret identity was revealed. Jung Woo and Mi Ran’s cute chemistry will continue to appear. Please look forward to the drama until the end to see if their relationship will just remain in the game or if it can progress in real life.”

Haha the epilogue :D

Otherwise the episode was a mixed bag. The plotline with the streamer didn't really work for me. There was some good stuff about the (non-) retirement. And it was fun to see LSW being upset that noone considers it is his fault.

All in all one of the weaker episodes i'd say.

6 hours ago, Fabbo said:

Haha the epilogue :D

Otherwise the episode was a mixed bag. The plotline with the streamer didn't really work for me. There was some good stuff about the (non-) retirement. And it was pretty great to see LSW being upset that noone considers it his fault.

All in all one of the weaker episodes i'd say.

Made me want to jump ahead and just watch the epilogue. I tried watching it but was struggling not to fall asleep and only made it to 1/3 before giving up. Yes, not their best episode and seemed Korean viewers thought the same as ratings dipped below 3%. :(

3 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Made me want to jump ahead and just watch the epilogue. I tried watching it but was struggling not to fall asleep and only made it to 1/3 before giving up. Yes, not their best episode and seemed Korean viewers thought the same as ratings dipped below 3%. :(

Yeah i actually stopped the episode ~15 minutes in because i was nearly dozing off and watched the rest on the next day :D

Glad I'm not the only one who thought Episode 11 is disappointing...

Although I didn't fall asleep while watching it, but I didn't pause when I had to get up and kinda played with my phone too :sweatingbullets:

The story about Branch Chief Kim, who failed to get the promotion because the case from ep10, his past as a prosecutor and his forced retirement didn't really touched me...

I don't know... Maybe because we rarely interact with BC Kim in the past episodes. We only getting to start knowing him in ep10, and suddenly he had to go. I don't feel close enough to this character to feel sad for him. If it's other more familiar character, Chief Cho for example, I'd probably feel sad.

Side story involving Pro Hong and the video influencer is rather pointless imo. Didn't reveal anything about Pro Hong, like other character oriented episode. But, it seemed the case haven't reach conclusions yet, maybe there's more to it in future episode?

And, this episode doesn't have the drama's usual smart humor. There are funny moments, but somehow not as funny?

I still like this episode, but like @Fabbo said, it feels weaker than the rest...

I miss LSW and CMJ reluctant camaraderie, like in the ep5.

And I think the writer totally miss the chance to put them in a situations where they have to work together by doing the farewell interview video for BC Kim.

I mean, it's LSW's idea so he has to do it and Chief Cho can make CMJ helping too because she's "responsible" for BC Kim retirement...

And since it's not some case that concern other people's life, I think it would be fun to watch them bicker and be petty towards each other.

But, once again I have to satisfy with just minimum interaction from our leads...:pensive:

Wait. Does this drama even have leads? :P

@widala, I was thinking the exact same thing you wrote above. This drama got LSK and JRW to lead, two very established actors, and they are kinda of wasted here. There's not enough interaction between them, not enough of showcasing their strengths and weaknesses against each other. None of the main characters are developed enough and the whole drama leaves me rather unsatisfied. I need to feel some punch, or impact, or something. 

Yeah eps 11 was boring ...I found myself getting distracted doing other things while watching. Probably the last 15 mins saved the day . I suppose at the end of the day the message about being a prosecutor is not about looking after your superiors’ feelings or their climb up the ladder -it’s about doing things right & fulfilling your obligation to society given the badge you’re wearing . I liked CMJ’s stand the best . Why apologise if you’re doing your job? 

I think the actress playing Sung Mi Ran is quite the scene stealer . Her opening up , and saying more lines than in the last 10 eps was the highlight for me . She & Kim pro will make a cute pair . 

Feeling salty here , I feel the drama should have weaved in a love line for LSW & CMJ . There’s only so much interaction they can have bickering & all , if the relationship is not going anywhere. Or at least make them compete for something. There has to be some sort of conflict in other to capitalise on their chemistry which was so evident in the 1st few episodes. Wasted indeed 

was just able to watch ep11.  I agree it wasn't the best episode but  I wouldn't say its disappointing. 

A large part of the episode dealt with Chief Kim's retirement.  I like his farewell speech, it was most admirable when he thanked CMJ for enabling him to finish his work in Jinyeong with honor.  Honor here is most important then being promoted for a dishonest deed, here i admire Chief Kim for standing by his conviction and not giving in to the pressure of his superiors. I also admire CMJ for standing by her belief because that was what her job demands of her. and she was right not to apologize. 

In the same context, another phrase that strike me was what one of Chief Kim's fellow prosecutors said. "We are the top 1% of the population, who is right if we are wrong?"  and for me, prosecutors also need to have the integrity to be respected and do their job right.  

Archived