[Drama 2019-2020] Civil War of Prosecutors, 검사내전

0ly40

Ah yes Pro Kim and his literal worship has been cringing embarrassing to watch. I releated LSW's reactions in ep 9 several times. He literally reared back in shock. I kelt repeating it and laughed each time  I saw it again

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got off episode 15 and feeling sad this drama is coming to an end. I know I am going to miss the Jinyeong family. ( did you guys realise that almost every episode we'd see them eat at least twice? Must have been fun for the cast to be filming this ! ) . The characters really grow on you and I do like how we've been shown the real side of prosecution work. I have been so used to watching all the dramatic legal shows with the prosecutors and lawyers battling it out in court , that you don't realise a lot of the tedious leg work is done by the investigative prosecutors.  The show does highlight the real issues that prosecutors face and that so much of the judgements / decisions they make are often influenced by personal bias and quite often  pressure from the higher ups.  It shows you too that more often than not the cases will involve the mundane from car accidents to disagreements between neighbours. The job really is a lot less glamorous than what most people perceive it to be, and that they are only human after all. 

Eps 15 had many fun moments as the team had to be audited. One of the highlights for me was definitely LSW's outburst - it underlies the sort of person that he is - he is a competent prosecutor but one with a sympathetic heart especially for those who are at a disadvantage. He is also rebel  in a sense  because he stands up for his principles even if it were to anger and upset those above him. It was quite interesting to note that the Chief inspector who was CMJ's ex boss thought that LSW was another CMJ. While I doubt LSW would ever see it as a compliment :lol:, it is true . CMJ , though she does play it a lot smarter than LSW, is also not one to compromise when it comes to doing the right things. I have really enjoyed seeing CMJ's arc in this show...I love how she has really opened up to the rest telling them about how she got transferred here to Jinyeong. And as an act of solidarity , she refused to shake her ex boss's hand and it was cute how she and Cho gave each other the thumbs up.

And oh , I laughed so hard when it was revealed that so many people knew about Kim Pro and Mi Ran's romance! These two are cute. But looks like office romance is everywhere in Jinyeong. Who was it that the Investigator kissed? Also I am curious about the transfer to Seoul- does it mean that either LSW or CMJ will leave Jinyeong? I am assuming one of them will join Chief Kim in the special investigation team. Oh I hope as well that their current branch chief will be fired ...it was a blessing in disguise that the audit took place and he had no choice but to ignore Cho's resignation. 

JRW posted a goodbye on her IG with some BTS and group photos...

https://www.soompi.com/article/1382430wpp/cast-of-war-of-prosecutors-bids-farewell-to-drama-before-finale

Cast Of “War Of Prosecutors” Bids Farewell To Drama Before Finale

Feb 11, 2020
by S. Nam

The cast members of JTBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama “War of Prosecutors” have said their farewells!

With the drama’s finale approaching, the cast shared their final thoughts on the drama.

Lee Sun Gyun, who played prosecutor Lee Sun Woong, an uncool but cute prosecutor with an upright spirit, said, “Everyone put in a lot of effort. It was fun on set.” He added, “We finished filming a month before the final episode, so I’m definitely watching the last six episodes and the re-runs. I’m using the drama to sooth my sorrows of missing the people I worked with.” Finally, he said, “I’m sincerely thankful to all the viewers who loved ‘War of Prosecutors,'” asking viewers to keep watching until the final episode.

Jung Ryeo Won played the memorable role of prosecutor Cha Myung Joo, who has remarkable talent, a strong sense of responsibility, passion, and self-confidence. She shared, “The script and the directing were like gems, and it was a set with amazing actors that I got along well with. I had an enjoyable time filming. Due to this, I still feel proud and happy even though filming is over. Thank you to all the viewers who’ve watched until the end.”

Lee Sung Jae, who played prosecutor Jo Min Ho, said that it was such a shame that the time to say farewell to the drama had already come. He shared, “It was fun to be able to make an awesome project with good people. I hope all the actors and staff I worked with always stay healthy.” He concluded by thanking all the viewers of the drama who stuck around until the end.

war-of-prosecutors-2.jpg

Kim Kwang Gyu, who was in charge of the drama’s humor with his role as the kind chief prosecutor Hong Jong Hak, shared, “I’m sincerely grateful to director Lee Tae Gon, who lead us so well that [our set] was always overflowing with the sound of refreshing laughter, and I’m grateful for the hard work of the warmhearted actors and staff.” He added, “In particular, the two lead actors Lee Sun Gyun and Jung Ryeo Won, who told me about a delicious restaurant in Tongyeong city and always took good care of me like family, [provided] strength during the long-distance countryside filming with their great thoughtfulness.” The actor also expressed his hopes to return with another season while thanking the viewers.

Lee Sang Hee skillfully portrayed Oh Yoon Jin, a prosecutor and working mom. As her farewell statement, she shared, “I met amazing people and was so happy while filming that I can’t express it in words.” She continued to share her affection for the drama by calling it an amazingly enjoyable experience and thanked all the people she worked with.

Finally, Jeon Sung Woo, who was the youngest of the lead actors and played the role of the youngest prosecutor Kim Jung Woo, shared, “During the six months, I worked with good people in an enjoyable and comfortable filming set with a family-like atmosphere. I will remember the happy filming set for a long time, and I think that it will give my heart strength in the future.” He added, “During that time, the staff worked really hard behind the cameras where they weren’t seen, and once again, I sincerely thank the viewers who’ve watched until the end.”

“War of Prosecutors” will conclude on February 11 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Them getting caught at night was right out of a horror movie  : D

And yep we were right. Almost everyone knew. Really fun scenes. And the investigators seem to make their bets on everything. I am curious about who Lee Jung-Hwan was with at the rooftop. I can't really think of any established character. Unless they want to throw a curveball again and it's CMJ.

I don't mind seeing some of the private life of the department head. But i don't know if i like a triangle with the new chief. 

Apart from the fluff the inspection episode was good. I liked how they tied it to some cases we already know. How it mixes everything. Prosecutors living their life and making mistakes. But there is also the political motivation of that inspection which makes some of their accusations questionable. It is a bit of both.

3 hours ago, triplem said:

Just got off episode 15 and feeling sad this drama is coming to an end. I know I am going to miss the Jinyeong family. ( did you guys realise that almost every episode we'd see them eat at least twice?

Me too. And yep. That's basically their social time at the workplace. The drama is a bit in a strange place. It doesn't really focus on the work procedures but we also barely get to know anything about their private lifes.

I would miss Tongyeong. I miss seeing the oceon whenever the prosecutors go to the rooftop. And I miss the low rise buildings. It looks so serene and clean.

Making inroads into trying to get there. By the time my trip comes round will actually maybe speak enough Korean to actually survive getting them. So help me God with no trains there. It's not only in the middle of nowhere for the actors. It's in the middle of nowhere trying to get there if you're not living in Gyeongsang-do etc.

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

@ck1Oz, why are you bringing up Tongyeong on this thread? i thought that the prosecutors of this drama are from Jinyeong? Tongyeong isn't that far away from Jinyeong, so is the actual filming being done in Tongyeong or something?

Jinyeong is a fictitious town for this drama. The filming was done in Tongyeong. If you view the scenery. I think Chief Hong even credited LSW and CMJ with introducing him to a good seafood restaurant in Tongyeong.

Have you noticed the massive meals eaten by the prosecutors in this drama? You don't even get that in a weekend drama. 

Been very distracted by the town in this drama. To the point that I am going to visit it. Even with minimal residents speaking English there. I think the actors were lucky to have picked such a good location. There are worst places to be than to be in the oyster capital of South Korea right? This show has given me food envy. And I really want to see the national parks there.

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

@ck1Oz, why are you bringing up Tongyeong on this thread? i thought that the prosecutors of this drama are from Jinyeong? Tongyeong isn't that far away from Jinyeong, so is the actual filming being done in Tongyeong or something?

Yes. One of the sponsors of the show is the city of Tongyeong. The entire show is a PPL of Tongyeong. (all that seafood...)

I loved the final message that doing the right thing does not, unfortunately, result in professional glory - and that won't change. But that doing right for right's sake is enough.

I'm sad that this show has come to an end.  I'm going to miss the office, the characters and especially their camaraderie.

I could feel that CMJ had a crush on LSW back when they were in law school. It would only explain why she was so bothered by him being so relaxed and all that, she must have cared enough about him to feel that way i guessed. CMJ and LSW have the same outlook and beliefs in carrying out their duties, too bad they would have made a good team. 

I believe Chief Kim was being used by the prosecution because of the 2K Motor case. The prosecution would be seen by the public as being serious in prosecuting even their own kind. such a disappointment. 

I really enjoyed the show and definitely will be watching it there is a season 2. 

2 hours ago, monalisa said:

Was it his ex girlfriend? And was CMJ the owner of the ruler ? Y

Kim pro - no , it was not his ex...it was a blind date he was supposed to meet...but as fate would have it they never got round to it...twice because of work and the third time because he chose to meet Sung Mi Ran..

CMJ is not the owner of the ruler - it belonged to another prosecutor - the lady that CMJ and LSW went to meet in the island. She was a former prosecutor who worked in Jinyeong before LSW's time - he found her ruler as it used to be her office. Coincidentally CMJ had met this ex prosecutor at a seminar - the lady was a senior prosecutor who had a very bright career ahead of her and CMJ had looked up to her then. The lady quit the job when in her haste of wanting to wrap up a case, did not prosecute the accused and the accused caused the murder of family of 5. When CMJ  and LSW met her, she gave the ruler to CMJ to keep.

-----------------------------------

What a lovely way to end the drama. It was filled with humour and a tinge of irony...perfect!

I thought it a nice twist that CMJ chose to stay even though she was the chosen one. I loved that Jinyeong and its folks grew so much on her that she became one of them. LSW remained true to his values and beliefs, and he was rather disappointed that Chief Kim , whom I believed he really looked up to chose not to arrest those corrupt prosecutors . And poor LSW , I laughed when it was revealed his new boss will be the azz kissing Chief Nam :lol:. Alright ,  so it wasn't exactly " happy ending " for him, but oh well this is life!

@Fabbo true...they didn't really explore much about their personal lives except a couple of episodes with LSW's son and Oh pro's twins and childcare problems . I guess they chose to focus more about their work life. 

Anyway , I  enjoyed  this series and would be happy to have a second season with this cast. This was such an easy watch - angst free but there were many warm and touching moments.

And another drama comes to an end.. oddly enough I feel nothing tbh LoL. I think it's 'cause this drama sort of goes back & forth between laughs & the intensity that it sort of became confused which direction it wanted to go ha-ha. 

I mostly tuned in for the team. Their camaraderie & of course the way they bond through food. Geez all that fuss & trouble to get a carpenter's ruler & Myung Joo tosses it into the sea - she did it during a sea clean-up too LoL. Nice to see her doin' somethin' uncharacteristic for once. 

Chief Kim was a disappointment, didn't think anyone could top the current branch chief but nope, he changed that. No wonder the branch chief picked on Mr. Cho! 'Cause he missed out on marrying into a conglomerate LoL. 

Well that's it folks. Take care, it was fun xoxo. Oh did anyone noticed how they zoomed into Myung Joo's farewell handshake when Seong Woong transferred to Seoul!?  

Episode 15 recap from Dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/02/diary-of-a-prosecutor-episode-15/

Diary of a Prosecutor: Episode 15

by quirkycase

DoP15-00395.jpg

It’s no one’s favorite time of the prosecution year: inspections. With the prosecution being put on blast lately, everyone fears the inspections will be used as an excuse to punish a scapegoat to improve the institution’s public image. Sure that their recent troublemaking will have serious consequences, our team prepares for their every case to be scrutinized and wonders which one of them will get axed. Despite all the apprehension and negativity, they may find that this unpleasant process brings about a chance for personal growth, if they’re open to it.

Yes, this was truly a work-based show. They set up Myung-Joo and Sun-Woong like they had some big hidden secret to be uncovered, but in the end, she just kind of found him annoying during college - and that was it! I'm very fine with that.

In the end, it was pretty much a love letter to Korean prosecutors - the hard-working ones who work with a sense of mission. They do their best to not lose sight of the fact that they are helping the ordinary citizens and enforcing the law.

It's just so poetic to me that this show is concluding in the same week that the U.S. Department of Justice is showing itself to be stunningly, comically corrupt. (ETA: I wanted to modify my statement to say that I don't think the US DOJ is all corrupt. Just the Atty. General.) Yes, it's not even the same country and Jinyeong is fictional, but you really want to believe that there are prosecutors who don't forget that they are supposed to be working for justice.

So hurray for the Jinyeong "pros." I am truly envious of their daily lunches and dinners together. In general, I really enjoy the camaraderie of the Korean workplace - although I am sure there are pros and cons. I like my co-workers, but as soon as work is done, the last thing I want to do is hang out with them, and I dash home so fast I probably leave behind a smoke trail.

I paused on watching this drama after episode 8 due to real life; really there were too many fine dramas that are airing at the moment!  I love what I did see, planning to binge it soon. 

It is not a showy kind of drama, yet it is exactly why I find it so dear.  The prosecutors are a bunch of people who tried their best serving the public in the fairest way possible while upholding the law.  I like the group dynamics, the humor and life lessons from the cases; will miss them.  

A good job by all! 

Episode 16 recap from Dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/02/diary-of-a-prosecutor-episode-16-final/

Diary of a Prosecutor: Episode 16 (Final)

by quirkycase

DoP16-00010.jpg

We’ve reached the end of the road, folks. And I’m happy to say it’s a satisfying end to a satisfying drama. But before things can be wrapped up in the Jinyeong office, there’s a reinvestigation to get through. The prosecution tries to do some damage control with their high-profile special investigation, led by a familiar face, but all may not be as it seems. Two of our prosecutors are faced with dilemmas that could have repercussions for their careers and what kind of prosecutors they want to be. Although things don’t always work out as planned, our Jinyeong prosecutors have shown that they are more than capable of figuring things out.

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019-2020] Civil War of Prosecutors, 검사내전

Archived