[Drama 2019-2020] Civil War of Prosecutors, 검사내전

0ly40

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ck1Oz said:

Huh they are not? I will go ask someone. Prosecutors in SK have different powers compared to prosecutors in the US. They have their investigator as well. 

Where or whuch part is it please?

In episode 12 Lee Seon Woong was "punished" by being sent to court replacing Oh Yoon Jin. They also mentioned that they play different roles in a previous episode, when Jo Min Ho reprimanded Oh Yoon Jin for having the lowest performance (she said that it was not fair, as she also had to attend trials) and when Cha Myeong Ju questioned her abilities, as she didn't like how the trial turned out for one of those indicted by her (I think it was in the same episode).

On 2/4/2020 at 7:07 AM, widala said:

The (b)romance we didn't ask but JTBC kindly provided :joy:

JTBC, this was not quite what I had in mind when I asked for something "intense." But at this point I will be grateful for anything just to see LSW's face up close and flustered. So thank you, JTBC, I think? :sweat_smile: :persevere:  By the way, that wrist grab in the beginning made it even funnier.

6 hours ago, Hannahmiriam said:

In episode 12 Lee Seon Woong was "punished" by being sent to court replacing Oh Yoon Jin. They also mentioned that they play different roles in a previous episode, when Jo Min Ho reprimanded Oh Yoon Jin for having the lowest performance (she said that it was not fair, as she also had to attend trials) and when Cha Myeong Ju questioned her abilities, as she didn't like how the trial turned out for one of those indicted by her (I think it was in the same episode).

Gotcha. The answer- from an attorney who also happens to be subbing this drama.

The prosecutors are the major investigators of crimes. There is a 20 year ongoing battle between the national police service and the Ministry of Justice over jurisdictions.

In this drama the female prosecutor is usually handling trial prep for minor trials. But for the serious crimes the prosecutor who investigates it; they are the ones going to trial.

Gotta go am stuck on the medical drama this morning and want to get some real life errands done. 

"I have no intentions of tying your shoelaces" man!! i just love it when Chief Cho gave the branch chief that piece smack in his face. Chief Choi was doing it to the chief prosecutor and was expecting Chief Cho to do the same with him, arghhh!!! i just hate these a^se licker type.

I like how CMJ handled the 2K motor case and i knew from the beginning that she would stand her ground by convicting the the CEO and gave him a 7 yr sentence. 

Been meaning to share my thoughts on episode 13, but I got distracted by bromance scene between LSW and Chief Cho :joy:

The story telling about the various swindlers cases, and the way the prosecutors handled them, waved with the restaurant lady's story that left us wondering did she got swindled or not, is very engaging.

When the false audition victim asked Pro Oh if things will get better soon, it saddened me that Pro Oh grew quiet and couldn't meet the victim's eyes, she didn't offer empty words by saying yes because she knew it's going to be a difficult and long fight...

Pro Hong's case is a bit funny that the victim is very gullible, he fell for such blatant lie about NIS and Blue House :sweatingbullets:

While CMJ's case is ironic that the victim is also the perpetrator for Pro Kim's case.

Congratulations, Pro Kim, for getting the first case! :thumbsup:

It's a "gift" from CMJ for not choosing BC Choi's side :D

Speaking of Pro Kim... Him and Mi Ran are so cute :wub: 

Maybe their story is a bit cheesy, but I feel it's very fitting for them because they're so cuuute :love:

On 2/4/2020 at 5:19 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

Am I seeing things!? 'Cause the unthinkable happened! Myung Joo was actually..nice to Seong Woong??!!:w00t: @triplem time to pop that champagne no LoL.;)

My exact same reaction. I thought she was about to give him one of her passive aggressive type advice ! Wow . I do think it’s great progress that she’s settling down & being part of the team. But I do wonder if she’s still hoping to return to Seoul . 

eps 13’s moral lesson - if anything is too good ti be true , it probably is.  But knowing human nature , many will never learn . Swindlers / con artists are not exactly more intelligent then the average person but what they understand very well is people’s greed & desperation . They understand people’s weaknesses & capitalise on it . 

Also I was surprised that being a trial prosecutor was a demotion / punishment of sorts . Are there different type of prosecutors? I’d thought by now I’ll hv a better grasp of the Korean legal system because I always seem to end up watching some legal drama or other. 

6 hours ago, widala said:

Speaking of Pro Kim... Him and Mi Ran are so cute :wub: 

Maybe their story is a bit cheesy, but I feel it's very fitting for them because they're so cuuute :love:

It was adorable! I laughed my head off . I did not expect SMR to be so affected by the rejection. But I understand now why Kim pro rejected her at first .. he did not feel worthy ! :lol:

Ohh LSW, he is hilarious:mrgreen::joy:. I started to laugh the moment he didn't show up for that bar scene even though he was the first to find out ROFL:joy:. You knew Sh$_&#t was about to hit the fan Imao:glasses:.  Not to mention, that bromance with his boss lol:lol:, though he really should have made LSW promise:sweat_smile:. He really regretted it at the end, though it won't make a difference:lol:.....  As for this new boss of theirs, he met his match in the form of LSW lol. The only reason why LSW opened his mouth was because his new boss got history wrong and the man he spoke of is his ancestor ROFL:mrgreen::joy:. The way LSW said he wanted to keep his promise but couldn't resist:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:. He really is something lol:lol:

Looks like the whole department will be investigated from the looks of the preview. It amazes me how this idiot hasn't learned his lesson yet:weary:. But knowing LSW, he is bound to cause trouble lol:lol:. His entire team didn't hesitate to point out his fate by playing a game lol:mrgreen:

And is the case of the little girl in the preview the same as the room 309 story? It looks like it:unsure:

@Lawyerh Good to see you here:D. I'm glad to see that you are enjoying this masterpiece (This is the only drama that I'm following weekly and don't miss lol:sweatingbullets::lol:)

This prosecution drama is different from the other legal dramas that I have been watching for the past few years because it shows both different sides of the law. And more importantly, all prosecutors are human beings who make mistakes. Some learn from it and some dont. I also love the different cases they tackle here. 

Yeah:lol:, knowing this show, it definitely is:mrgreen::joy:

I've no intention of tying your shoelaces - good on Mr. Cho for not cowering in favor of such an abusive tyrant jerkface that is the branch chief.:angry: I'd never understand the culture in South Korea, how it's acceptable to treat your subordinates like trash all 'cause you're holding a higher position.<_<

Seong Woong made Myung Joo..smile.:P Although she hasn't completely changed, she still treats him condescendingly.:rolleyes: However in next ep. preview we might finally get answers as to the hostility between 'em which stems from college.     

Episode 14 recap from Dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/02/diary-of-a-prosecutor-episode-14/

Diary of a Prosecutor: Episode 14

by quirkycase

DoP14-00549.jpg

Our team is still struggling under the new leadership, and not everyone can handle the strain. One prosecutor’s decision to stop putting up a fight may alleviate some pressure on the team from above, but it sows discord within the group. It all comes down to priorities. For some, principles come first while for others, protecting those in their immediate circle takes precedence. Either way, it looks like things will be rough for a while yet.

I can’t stand the new chief! 

ok so the Dep 2 is responsible for their chief’s embarrassment when one of them didn’t show up but not Dep 1??! Like none of them show up right? 

yes! We might get the answer why MJ dislikes SW.... hope she got a good reason for that. :lol:

1 hour ago, ck1Oz said:

I am at episode 11 now. But since I've read comments about the new chief does that mean the show got bad? Like should so continue?

I think the show got better.

We got to see how the prosecutors handled the changes because of the bad boss. 

LSW and CMJ are kind of forced to put their differences aside to face their new enemy :lol:

The writer is also able to make the drama not angsty all the time, so we still have this show's trademark humour :thumbsup:

And yes, the boss is obnoxious but I'm sure you don't want to miss the cuteness between Pro Kim and Mi Ran :D

Archived