[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

23 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

Spoiler

For me, i have high expectation that they would make a very good quality production for IC, especially beautiful cinematography. Idk but i feel like JTBC always have their own tone for their dramas. Like Chocolate currently airing, it has such a warm and cozy cinematography. Very pleasant to see :)

In addition, i like that the title of this drama consisted of a district name (?) in seoul city and they used it as part of promotional material and created a catchy phrase, as written in the banner, "Park Seo Joon will appear in Itaewon". And it's been displayed all over the place in itaewon. Thus, (hopefully) it will increase people's awareness and curiosity about the drama. 

Yeap, in the webtoon Jo Yi Seo and MaHyun will also have long hair after the story fast forwarding to 7 years later. I'm wondering how they would make it :rolleyes:

Tbh, I don't watch a lot of JTBC dramas, but I do agree, that all cable channels have distinct way of filming their dramas. 

But, I think they will use more crisp, modern look to describe Itaewon. Vibrant colors. 

Oh, thank you for translation, I was actually curious, what was written on them;)

Something tells me, that they will not touch JYS and MH hair;)))

edit:I made a mistake there, that I only now noticed, oops;)) I meant they probably will not change girls hair;))

• Like 3

16 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

Tbh, I don't watch a lot of JTBC dramas, but I do agree, that all cable channels have distinct way of filming their dramas. 

But, I think they will use more crisp, modern look to describe Itaewon. Vibrant colors. 

Oh, thank you for translation, I was actually curious, what was written on them;)

Yup i have the same feeling too. Considering it's a drama about a group of passionate young people, i think it'll have colorful nuance with modern touch ^_^

You're welcome dear :)

• Like 4

Why the teaser came out when i'm away? It just caught me off guard ;)

12 hours ago, emollienime said:

so excited.i personally liked the one where oh sooah painted park saeroy’s face.she will dress him as a clown?^_^

Just like in the webtoon :D

Spoiler

IMG-20191218-061202.jpg

"The Fallen Angel" -- one of the chapter's title in webtoon :)

GIF-191218-061708.gif

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

"The Fallen Angel" -- one of the chapter's title in webtoon :)

Everytime when I see Kim Dami I just find her so charming. They did a fine job with finding actress with such a chic aura to play JYS;)))

I want to give some love to our leading lady too :blush:

Spoiler

BA5664-CA-EBC8-4979-BFB9-FDAC94362-D90.g

3-B631-AAA-8117-4211-A119-93865-CF614-D0

CC05-ABF0-5-A8-F-4-D1-A-909-C-720-B39-D0

70538-A00-B4-B9-4-CF6-B5-A5-48-AE17-E785

F9-DCECCF-5992-48-B2-AB6-B-2-EB1919-F921

• Like 7

2 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

Everytime when I see Kim Dami I just find her so charming. They did a fine job with finding actress with such a chic aura to play JYS;)))

I want to give some love to our leading lady too :blush:

You're right. I do feel like she as a newcomer has her own charm and aura. Cool and chic aura. In the witch, i only saw her as a good girl turned to be a monster due to certain reason. And she was more like a shy girl. In the webtoon, regardless her not-angel-like personality, JYS actually is a cheerful and spirited girl. But both roles seem to have the same dark aura. Thats why i said many times that i think i can understand why they chose KDM. In conclusion, i can see similiraties yet contradictions at the same time in both roles. Now i can't wait to see cheerful KDM as JYS ^_^

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

@serenilmauve , @Anjalifairy Those short (I mean super short :joy:) teasers made me so excited to see chemistry between PSR and JYS/OSA. They both in their own way chic girls, I believe. At least, that’s what it looks like from all those little posters and snippets of the story. But don’t spoil me :lol: Now I come to the point, when I want to see whole story from our drama itself)))) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

18 minutes ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

@serenilmauve , @Anjalifairy Those shorts (I mean super short :joy:) teasers made me so excited to see chemistry between PSR and JYS/OSA. They both in their own way chic girls, I believe. At least, that’s what it looks like from all those little posters and snippets of the story. But don’t spoil me :lol: Now I come to the point, when I want to see whole story from our drama itself)))) 

I'm excited too to see the drama version. I'm pretty sure there'll be quite a lot of differences or additions compared to the original version :blush:

But seriously i'm still on repeat-mode that exercising saeroy in the teaser. His clueless face tho. Idk why it's so comical :lol:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

I'm excited too to see the drama version. I'm pretty sure there'll be quite a lot of differences or additions compared to the original version :blush:

But seriously i'm still on repeat-mode that exercising saeroy in the teaser. His clueless face tho. Idk why it's so comical :lol:

Park Seojoon again stretching his genius comedic timing. He has totally serious face, but he gave such a feeling to that scene, that you can’t watch it without giggling a little bit, how ridiculous it looks :joy: 

I have a feeling I will be fascinated by Park Saeroy. 

Also, can Park Seojoon stop looking good in every style? When I saw SWP, I wanted my future boyfriend dress like him, then when I saw FFMY I wanted my boyfriend to own all that tracksuits and t-shirts, with WWWSK I was like “forget about t-shirts... suits, I want my boyfriend dress in fancy suits all the time!”, now I want my boyfriend be into all that fashionable hoodies, baggy clothes. Seriously, my poor future boyfriend... I think I set expectations too him for him fashion wise :joy:

• LOL 3

32 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

Because his facial expression too serious for something as simple as exercising? :D

• LOL 3

Park Seo Joon Isn’t Afraid Of A Little Pain In New Poster For JTBC’s “Itaewon Class”

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Itaewon Class” has shared another stunning poster featuring its star Park Seo Joon!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Itaewon Class” is a new drama about young people brought together by their stubbornness, passion, and youthful bravado. Within the narrow streets of Itaewon, they begin their own fledgling revolt against an unreasonable society as they chase after their dreams and the freedom to live according to their own unique perspectives.

Park Seo Joon will be starring in the drama as Park Sae Roy, a passionate entrepreneur who is uncompromising in the face of injustice and corruption. Armed only with his convictions and his anger over the death of his father, Park Sae Roy bursts onto the Itaewon scene and boldly goes up against the food industry conglomerate Jang Ga in the process.

On December 19, “Itaewon Class” unveiled its second teaser poster starring its male lead. The poster captures Park Sae Roy hard at work outside his gastropub in the neighborhood of Itaewon, flashing a grin at the camera as he carries a heavy crate of beer. Even though his elbow brace and the multiple medicated patches peeking out from under his clothes hint at the physical pain brought on by his toil, Park Sae Roy is positively beaming as he blissfully follows his dreams.

Itaewon-Class1.jpg

The producers of “Itaewon Class” remarked, “Park Seo Joon has already become completely immersed in his character, and he is creating his own unique version of Park Sae Roy. Please look forward to his acting and transformation into [Park Sae Roy], who will convey the fiery energy of a young man full of conviction and spirit.”

They added, “Please look forward to the refreshing, feel-good delight that [‘Itaewon Class’] will give viewers through the story of Park Sae Roy’s dreams and growth, which will play out on the streets of Itaewon.”

“Itaewon Class” will premiere on January 31 at 10:50 p.m. KST, following the conclusion of JTBC’s “Chocolate.” Check out the first poster for the drama here!

credit: soompi

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2