[Drama 2019-2020] Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful, 사랑은 뷰티풀 인생은 원더풀

larus

The love wrectangle and the kiss prediction  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Seol Ah end up with ?

• Tae Rang ! The poster says it all . TR is a complete sweetheart, he made her a better person and the feelings are mutual.
    • Jin Woo ! 10 years of marriage , deep remorse & repentance, 200% effort . Deep down SA just needed to realise she loves him too.
    • Men ? Who needs them ? She should just focus on her career... ( please don't kill me dear male viewers :D)
    • Let's not waste their chemistry - I think Jin Woo and Tae Rang should be the end game.
  2. 2. How many more kisses will we get from Jun Hwi and Chung Ah?

• This is a family drama...so we will be lucky to get one more...
    • What ?! With their chemistry , there would be at least two more.
    • The power of positive thinking - one every weekend! :D

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/29/2020 at 10:55 AM

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So let me start of with saying that I am extremely happy that Soldier atleast knows the truth regarding Chung Ah. She is still in the dark about his identity and that naturally needs to be resolved before they can become a proper item. He probably won’t reveal this fact to her anytime soon because he wouldn’t want her to get hurt.

Spoiler

But speaking of that I liked the way that he first found out that she was Seol Ah’s sister through the giant family portrait at her house. It is very rare in these dramas for that to happen. Generally, people pop up at these people’s home and never realize that they are also related to someone that they know. Take the example of Geum Hui’s former MiL she pretended that Geum Hui’s parents’ home was her own and removed all pictures that could prove otherwise. Not an issue on its own but when you consider that she never noticed who was in the pictures is a bit weird. This is probably the second drama where a character has noticed a family portrait that I have watched so far.

I am also glad that she told him the reason why the family has to live like that. My only issue is that he had to confront his Aunt with the fact that he is now aware of their identity as well. We know that she will never reveal this fact to Seol Ah. Perhaps that was the point. He was just sending the Aunt a message that he knows how she operates and he has figured out the truth regarding Seol Ah isn’t as she is claiming it to be. On the other hand, I would like him to directly confront Seol Ah and let her know that she still has an ally at that house even if his mother discovers the truth. That will be a great motivational factor for her in the long run. Perhaps it will also allow her to give Chung Ah her blessing when she realizes that she also has feelings for Soldier. But I guess those are things for another day.

Now as to the question that some people have been wondering as to why the Judge doesn’t want Soldier to meet Chung Ah. But before I go into that did anyone else notice that she actually got a slip of tongue and mentioned her name to him. I guess she didn’t realize that or still thinks that it doesn’t matter as he wouldn’t know who she is. Now back to the topic itself.

Let’s see the Judge is clearly a smart person. You don’t become a judge if you aren’t smart (unless it is a drama) but let’s assume that she is smart since she seems to be giving fair and just judgements most of the time. Taking this into consideration let’s get on with the facts. Her son died and the only witness is giving stories with a lot of inconsistences which can easily be broken my poking a few holes in her claims. For starters she initially claimed that the son went for a swim and ended up with a cramp which resulted in him drowning. The Judge points out that nobody would go for a swim fully clothed. So the witness changes the story that in truth she was the one drowning and he came to her rescue. Now that is well and good but why not simply say that in the first place. The witness had nothing to lose and it would have looked good. Why try to hide this fact.

Then we have the fact that the witness called in the police once she found the body. All well and good but no phones were located at the scene. There could only be three ways that she could have called the cops. Firstly, she used her own phone. Secondly she used the Son’s phone and Finally she used some random strangers phone. Only problem with this is that if there was a random stranger then why didn’t he wait for the cops and give his statement as well and if it was one of the others then where did the phones go. They weren’t on the witness or near the crime scene which was equally suspicious.

Also if we add the fact that the witness lied about her relationship to the son. She claimed that he was her boyfriend and while it might not be impossible for a parent to know about their kid’s relationships at all times the timing was an issue. As far as the Judge is aware her son didn’t have any supernatural powers or heightened senses like Parang so he couldn’t have been in two places at the same time. In this case two different continents. Since according to the witness timing when they started dating her son was out of the country with her. If that was the case how could she have been his girlfriend.

In other words, she pretty much is aware that her son probably committed suicide and the reason as to why. Not only this but sleeping pills were also missing from her house and he also had a medical report on him that didn’t belong to him (probably the hit and runs victim). This further increases her suspicion of the matter so she even shows the witness the same slip with the name on it. She thinks that perhaps if he was her boyfriend he may have confided in her. She notices the witness reaction and notes that the witness hesitated for a moment before continuing with the claim that her son rescued her from death. Why the hesitation. If there is a truth, then it will always be the same and thus no hesitation. This might further increase her suspicions as to why her son actually died.

Yet since the witness is adamant in their story she lets the matter slide for the time being. This serves two purposes. One she can live the lie that her son died a hero instead of committing suicide which leads to the second thing which is it absolves her of guilt. As if he committed suicde due to her actions then she would realize that she was the reason that her son died and she would have to blame herself. She isn’t ready to accept this fact. This way she doesn’t get to blame anyone else but unfortunate fate.

Problem is that her other son isn’t like that. He has nothing to lose or gain for that matter. So if he looks carefully into the matter he will also realize the same holes in Chung Ah’s story and will then further look into the matter and realize the truth of what could have actually happened. This is a fact that she wants to prevent for a few reasons. She would rather have her son remembered as a hero rather than someone that committed suicide and secondly it is for a personal reason. She knows that her son looks upto her and respects her. This could be inferred by the fact that he wanted to follow her footsteps and go in the legal profession as well. If he were to discover the truth, he would be greatly disappointed in her and perhaps break all ties with her. She doesn’t want that and also doesn’t want to lose her only remaining family (well she still has a sister and nephew but that isn’t the same thing as a child). Not only that but she is also afraid of what else Chung Ah can reveal to him. Such as the fact that since she showed Chung AH that name when they met that time and she mentions that name he would again look up into the matter and discover the truth.

In short she doesn’t want him to learn the truth and thinks that Chung Ah might know more than she lets on. She did also mention that she initially couldn’t trust Chung Ah but seeing as how Chung Ah hasn’t revealed anything by now and that she still lives with the guilt that the son died and she hasn’t moved on has changed her perspective on her to the extent that she has some trust in her. She still wouldn’t want her son to discover her actions or the reason why his brother would want to kill himself thus telling him not to find Chung Ah and ever meet her.

As for Dojin finally waking up. He certainly took his time. Now we have to see how much time it will take to finalize the divorce between him and Seol Ah. Hope that Double X has already submitted those papers and he can’t cancel them. she needs to live her own life like Chung Ah told her. Still did anyone notice before he woke up he mistook Seol Ah for the Secretary. Interesting. This could mean one of two things. Firstly he actually has feelings for the secretary as well and was hoping to see her the first thing when he woke up or secondly it is to show that he was fully aware of the drama going on in his ward while he was in the coma and could hear everything that the people were talking about. Thus he also heard her reading to him and her confession of her feelings to him. Perhaps he thinks that she genuinely feels the same towards him and he might want to be with her. That is a story for another day though.

But while we are on the topic of the divorce I liked how Double X had to try and blackmail Seol Ah to get her to sign the papers. It also shows Seol Ah’s feelings and that she isn’t totally cold hearted as she appears. Double X threatened to publish the pictures which showed her and Chef in them together and make it appear that Seol Ah was the one that was cheating on her husband. Not an issue for her but then she went one step further and mentioned that the reporters would have a field day with this and would do their best to discover the other person’s identity and then harass him and her family. I wonder how that would turn out though. But while we are speaking on reporters were they incompetent the last time. What I mean by this is that Seol Ah has been claiming all this time that she is an orphan. So how did the reporters fail to reveal that this was a lie and find out any kind of information on her family back then. If they failed to do so then how will they succeed this time. As for the fact of them going after Chef and his family. How is the secretary going to react when she finds out? She clearly showed that she still holds importance to her family to the extent that she was willing to go along with her brother’s demand of quitting the company. When Double X told her to choose between her love for her family or her son she chooses her family. This what would be her reaction when she realizes what Double X has done and how it hurt her family. Dump her as well. As for Seol Ah it also shows concern for the guy that helped her out when she needed it and repaying him by not involving him any further or ruining his career and life. Though it could just be consideration of her own family.

I do have a question though. What do all of you want in regards to the Secretary. Should she end up marrying Dojin as she wants and dreams or let both of them be as it is. We all know that Seol Ah needs a divorce if she wants to end up with Chef. I feel that Karma will get to the Secretary if she marries Dojin. First of all she imagines herself to be some sort of Cinderella and is using to her advantage that her current boss isn’t loved by his wife so she can get him by being sympathetic to his cause and all. Perhaps she does indeed love him. But regardless of this just how strong is she. Seol As managed to survive in that household because of her strong personality and her will to overcome anything that came her way. Plus, she knows exactly how to play the game with Double X and where she stands in that relationship. Secretary has no idea of how to play the game. Double X clearly told her to the face that she isn’t even as smart as Seol Ah that means that she isn’t going to last long in that house. She is going to be constantly abused by her new MiL. I doubt that Dojin is going to intervene and try and come in between them and to her rescue. She may get to spend more as consolation but she is pretty much going to find that is going to irk Double X just as much as it did when Seol Ah was doing that. I also further think that if Dojin is forced to marry her when he still isn’t over Seol Ah she is going to find herself in a worse and loveless marriage as well. Perhaps she may think that she can blackmail Double X to keep her word and this could be why she gets to marry Dojin. But if she isn’t happy in that marriage to various factors (such as mental and physical abuse from this family) then I feel like she will get her dose of Karma even after getting what she wants. So in other words I am more than okay with her marrying Dojin.

Congratulations on Cheong Ah finally becoming a cop. What was even better was her being able to share this news with Seol Ah. It seems like these two sisters are getting back the relationship that they had lost 9 years ago due to Seol Ah’s marriage. Also it seems like her words seem to have more effect than their mothers. Still what is important Seol Ah is starting to realize that home actually is where there are people waiting and caring for you for a happy home is one where there is warmth and loving from family. Being in a rich home where everyone is mostly cold towards you is no real home. Also home is where family has your back at all times. So I am glad that she is finally leaving Double X’s house for her own and entering the next step of her life. Hopefully this will be much better.

As for her looking up into either the hit and run case or even why the other guy tried to commit suicide is certainly interesting but I have to wonder what will make her do so. I doubt that it will be the guy that took the fall for the crime he probably won’t be the one and claim that he was wronged and thus ask the case to be opened up again. Then all the rest of the cops will be hesitant to do so but Cheong Ah and her strong sense of Justice will surface and she will look into it and discover the truth. While that is nice the reason that I don’t think that the guy will come forth is because it seems like he was well compensated for his taking the fall. Unless he is unaware of this fact then he might come up for his case to be reopened. Soldier might convince her to look up into the matter but without a clue this might be an issue. His brother did give her a name and at that time she still remembered the name since it was still fresh but as time has gone by we learn that she has forgotten the name. So unless something jogs her memory both her and Soldier are at a dead end. Yes, if the framed guy does show up it might help her memory. It also might be that they guy has been saving up all the money that the Judge had been sending him to ease her guilt and has it traced and perhaps use it as evidence that they were trying to bribe him then it could become an issue. But like I said we will have to see how this plays out.

So Soldier is leaving for Spain. Will this mean that they younger sister will also go to Spain to attend that tennis academy before her family may decide to change her mind. I guess since Seol Ah is going to divorce her husband she will be allowed to accept the deal. But this means Soldier will have an excuse to find out what Chung Ah is upto discreetly ofcourse by asking Yeong Ah.

Deadbeat Dad is finally showing interest in his family. For a change he was actually proud of Chung Ah for passing and becoming a cop. While we are on that topic does anyone wonder where she is going to be stationed. Will it be with Cop Dad and be his underling or the station where she first went to (in regards to the suicide). This way she will have access to the old case and look it up.

@princessaves While I do agree that is statements could have other meanings let’s try and break them down and what he could possibly mean.

In regards to the cop. He is pretty certain that his brother committed suicide thanks to the letter that his brother sent him (he gets full confirmation by Chung Ah in the last episode). Yet for some reason his mother doesn’t seem to be aware. A person doesn’t commit suicide for no reason and since his mother wasn’t aware of it this is what he means that parents can’t be aware of what their children are thinking. On top of that he himself is equally hurting due to his brother’s death yet his mother thinks that he may have recovered and can’t see his pain. So double meaning there.

About distorting the truth. Like I mentioned above he knows that his brother committed suicide but everyone is distorting it as if he died a hero. He feels that something is wrong here but he can’t seem to tell who exactly is at fault. Were the cops in a hurry to close the case because they were pressurized from his mother being a judge or Chung Ah’s sister because she was a news reporter. So they quickly gave a reason without fully looking into all the facts or is it something more. Plus when he asked his mother if his brother dying a hero makes a difference and she answered in the positive.

This last point could lead up to your second point that he is afraid of asking his mother if she is responsible for having the case shut quickly. He knows that the mother asked to do that later on when the police would start looking into the brother’s personal life which would have nothing to do with the case so why would the mother want to have it shut down.

As for him overhearing the telephone call. Yes, it will probably come into play later on but as for now there is nothing suspicious about it. His mother is a judge and she may have been keeping tabs on one of the people that she sent to jail to serve time. She may have felt bad for a person but had to punish them for their crime but gave them the least serious sentence that was within her power or perhaps she does charity work with prisoners who are wrongly sentenced and tries to help them out. Meaning that conversation could be totally innocent for the time being and that is why he never looked into the matter or even asked her about it.

LoL I am glad that it wasn’t just me that noticed that reporter. All that I remembered about Chung Ah’s last visit to that station when she went to turn herself in was that there was a female reporter but I couldn’t recall her face. Yes it certainly will be interesting how that reporter will help in exposing the truth. Perhaps she will start with the fact of tracking down Seol Ah after the divorce trying to find out the real reason why she did that. In turn she is going to discover the fact that Seol Ah had been lying all along and that she had a family. At this point she is going to realize that she is related to Chung Ah and recall that she saw her at the police station and wanted to turn herself in. This will make her figure out how exactly Seol Ah and Chung Ah are connected and how the Judge is unaware of this fact and her report will reveal it to the world and the Judge will become aware of this fact as well. One Bomb to explode coming up.

Oh speaking of things I wonder what Double X was thinking when Chef showed up at her office with his sister’s resignation letter. Was she thinking that he came to her to strike some sort of deal with her especially if it was in regards to money and he surprised her as usual. Also speaking of Chef and his family I think I can see her trying to back down on accepting the Secretary as her next DiL. The son might not be interested since she was merely his new itch to scratch and as we have all seen that she in the end will do anything that her son wants and is forced to approve of Seol Ah as her DiL. Thus if he isn’t interested in marrying the Secretary she will have to decline her request and if the Secretary claims that she promised to make her the next DiL if she waited and trusted her. Double X can tell her that was what she wanted but since her son doesn’t want to marry her there is nothing that she can do as her hands are tied. But most importantly she will point out that the Secretary was okay with not marrying Dojin since her family was more important and that she only wanted to be by his side till he recovered and thus Double X has kept her side of the bargain. Then like I said Secretary could try and blackmail her to force her to be accepted. We all know what happens next.

Anyway since this post has gotten bigger than I expected I will end it now for the time being. So take care all of you and I hope that you all had a pleasant weekend. So continue to post and let us hope that this show continues to remain good.

Anyone notice conversation between Aunt and JH?  Possibly she had something to do with him not being around before? 

time shift will be interesting to see.  
both sisters will experience positive growth

Hope CA will look all that and get a hot dang reaction from JH :D

19 minutes ago, mizv said:

Hope CA will look all that and get a hot dang reaction from JH :D

He looked mighty please when overhearing her conversation with the sis . Genuinely happy & was close to just going up to her . If this ain’t a 50 ( or 100 ) eps weekender, it could have been an unexpected hug :lol: . But alas my shippy heart will hv to be  patient till they can just move on from JG’s death . 
mhmm I must go rewatch the part of him & aunt’s convo

——

This weekend’s episodes were superb  . Really sweet & sad all at the same time . I find myself tearing up a lot . I loved that the show decided that CA should confess everything to JH . This is the very 1st time in 9 years that she’s recounted that fateful day & told someone else about it . No one really knew what happened besides mum . I wanted for JH to fall for her knowing this and in spite of this ; that is important for me . I cried my eyes out as she recalled from memory every single word JG had written in the letter - this is what has kept her alive & kept her going . JH , I hope can tell that she’s honoured JG’s memory . While of course JH was concerned about the reason for JG’s death & suicide  , I’m hoping one day he’ll ask her too for the reason she wanted to end hers then .  

I don’t know how I really feel about the time jump, but from the looks of It , there will be one . I have to say JH going to Spain was a very selfless gesture. It protected  BR’s future . How can you not love a man like JH ....:wub:

I find myself really drawn to SA & TR ‘s love line for the 1st time . I appreciate that the show did not make SA an overnight Saint . There are bits of her that’s still self centred or who thinks of herself highly ; I was amused by the 1st conversation at the chapel about how she thinks she was special. What makes Me like the pairing is how honest their conversations are . I was particularly surprised that TR would own up to liking her . I don’t know how things will play out for them as I think JW won’t easily let go.  To me , his heart (JW’s ) has always been for SA, let’s just say HR was a temporary way to fill a void in his life . 

@yamiyugi Judge Hong’s strong reaction to JH not meeting CA Only goes to show that She knows that JG’s death is not an accident. She knows too why he took his own life.  She’s just trying to block herself from facing the truth. 

On 11/16/2019 at 10:21 AM, hell59 said:

I am sorry I have been a soompier for a long time and I always check on the dramas that I enjoy watching. I have a question off the topic, but I have been having issues with VIKI. It has been super slow for a week, hard to get to the dramas and it has been so frustrating. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is this something they are aware of? Thank you for your answer!

I also watch on Viki and have had the same problem.  They must be having issues.  It normally doesn't take this long to fix but it has been more than a week now.  Hope it is fixed soon.

@triplem I believe that was what I was trying to imply as well. The Judge would rather believe that her son died a hero because the alternative would be to admit and realize that she was responsible for his death and she isn’t ready to accept that fact at the moment.

@mizv From my understanding between Soldier and Aunt’s conversation it was probably about the current situation. The first time that Soldier wasn’t in town and there for his mother was probably due to his own mother’s request or him needing his own time to heal so he left for his studies abroad and all. But in the current situation he is fully aware that the Aunt wants him out of the country because she is afraid that he is eyeing Dojin’s position. He told her that she has nothing to fear since he isn’t interested in the spot so she had him promise to skip town till Dojin has woken up for her to drop the charges against Baek Rim. Come to think about it now that he is awake Soldier doesn’t need to leave since he kept his end of the bargain. It’s just that Dojin woke up earlier than expected. Perhaps he won’t be informed of this fact till later on or he needs his own time to heal his own wounds so he will still end up leaving. Though from how he wanted to congratulate Chung Ah when he heard that she passed the exam finally it seems that he is already on his way there if he hasn’t already.

Oh come to think about it what will happen if he is the one who approaches Chung Ah later on and asks her to reopen the case into his brother’s death as a family member. That would be an interesting twist but I somehow doubt that is going to happen.

Some fan cam taken shots 

Lucky fans / tourists spotted our male leads filming in a cafe 

Of KJY filming ...does this look like the area near where CA lives?

Spoiler

This is Jo Yoon Hee ( SA) filming at a cafe 

Spoiler

Food truck support for Oh Min Suk ( Jin Wu)

This is the 2nd mv I posted earlier with English subs 

Spoiler

I wonder if they are trying to keep the suspense or are very close to live shooting . Hoping to see the preview soon 

8 hours ago, triplem said:

This is Jo Yoon Hee ( SA) filming at a cafe 

Hmm I saw a closer up of this on DC Gallery and does this look like Chung Ah...she has shorter hair and cute bangs...time jump for sure .

Spoiler

viewimage.php?no=24b0d769e1d32ca73ced84f

@triplem, it does look like Chung Ah with shoulder length hair. I don’t know how I feel about the time skip but maybe it would turn out for the better to move on from all the drama that occurred since the accident.

As to SA, I will try to give her a chance. It’s funnily the first time I didn’t like the actress’ character though I like the actress because of Nine: Nine Time Travels (especially), Tailor Shop and My Husband’s Got A Family drama shows. 

5 hours ago, triplem said:

Hmm I saw a closer up of this on DC Gallery and does this look like Chung Ah...she has shorter hair and cute bangs...time jump for sure .

Reveal hidden contents

viewimage.php?no=24b0d769e1d32ca73ced84f

Often changing hairstyle is signaling a personal change in the character. We know she is starting to change her life. So wanting a new hairstyle is what she need. -_-  Do not mean there need to be a time jump though. could off course also mean time jump... But I really looking forward to see CA reaching for her dream and moving mentally away from the past. I was so happy she told someone about her deepest secret. just show how comfortable she is with JH to open up about that. they really have become so close! I think the same forJH. Man is slowly wreaking the wall he has around him when he is with CA. He also need to have his closure with his brother death. I guess the piece in the puzzle is the brother car accident. We know it gonna come back. I think this is need for healing between JH and his mother and them dealing with the truth, even as I think it is gonna be painful prosess... What I am trying to say is that I wonder if we need time jump now as there is thing still under the surface that need to be dealt with. Beside we still have SA and husband storyline. Really wonder how writer gonna handle this as we move along. So far I am surprised how effective writer have been with character figuring out secrets and even JH having 2 revelation in 1 episode. well I hope writer can keep this up for the remaining episodes. 

side note: really love the slow burn romance between the leads. funn seing every smal change of feelings. it is just so sweet. :wub:

Sorry for rambling here. :sweatingbullets: 

12 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@sal2, honestly I wouldn’t mind a time jump simply because of the storyline with SA, her husband, the secretary and Double X. It’s too messy for my taste and I’m tired of them already. There is no sense in dragging on with the marriage.

truth. I think this is even too messy for Jin woo. :phew:  dude waking up to all this conflict. But I do see him granting Seol A divorce though. He do not seem like a person that would lett her stay in the mess if he love her. I can see how this storyline ends with a peaceful divorce between them. 

These two lovebirds, JH and CA, made me laugh.

In the cafe, CA was confused and JH was  just  as happy as any man

because he was her both, the first and the second.

I like that he smiles more. :wub:

I laughed when TR remained staring at the potatoes that had fallen out of

the box, as if he were slowly realizing how much SA meant to him. :D

He is such a nice guy.

I’m super excited at the preview  . This IG has a sneak peek . I’m waiting for KBS to upload properly . But I think some time has past- looks like TR -SA ship is sailing or starting to do so . Our Cheong Ah a full fledge cop reporting for duty & crosses path with JH :wub:

edit : The IG account uploaded again . A proper preview 

You can watch clearly on this 

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/lovelife/mobile/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0196-01-60306,read,,18,799118

edit to add . There was a written preview .

( loosely translated with Papago & Google translate) 

Jin-woo, who woke up from coma after a year, is unfamiliar with the changed environment, and Seol-ah, who didn't know Jin-woo woke up, starts a new life as a radio DJ.
Cheong-ah, the first woman to work at Yeouido Police Station meets Haerang’s father , and meets Jun Hwi 

Apparently he asked this at the end 

on the YT comments , someone translated these

Jun Hwi : You’ve been doing well right ? I’ve come , will you say hello ? 
( me melting into a puddle ) 

And at the beginning JW & Double X

Jin Woo - Where’s Seol A?

Evil Double X - She left , she couldn’t wait a year for you. 
—////—

JH never forgot , he kept his word & looks like he’s here to offer sponsorship for YA . 

BTS stills of the sisters

This ship is forging ahead. SA with an apron is a sight I never thought I’ll see :lol:

And look at them smiling at each other . It’s for tonight . Watch vid till the end for stills of them

Guys , tonight is so good ! I Have no time to go through in detail but here some iG posts . Later will go through & let’s chat :wub:

Preview in the last video 

Archived