[Drama 2019-2020] Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful, 사랑은 뷰티풀 인생은 원더풀

larus

The love wrectangle and the kiss prediction  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Seol Ah end up with ?

• Tae Rang ! The poster says it all . TR is a complete sweetheart, he made her a better person and the feelings are mutual.
    • Jin Woo ! 10 years of marriage , deep remorse & repentance, 200% effort . Deep down SA just needed to realise she loves him too.
    • Men ? Who needs them ? She should just focus on her career... ( please don't kill me dear male viewers :D)
    • Let's not waste their chemistry - I think Jin Woo and Tae Rang should be the end game.
  2. 2. How many more kisses will we get from Jun Hwi and Chung Ah?

• This is a family drama...so we will be lucky to get one more...
    • What ?! With their chemistry , there would be at least two more.
    • The power of positive thinking - one every weekend! :D

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/29/2020 at 10:55 AM

So here's the thing about JW and SA. JW knew the deal from the very beginning just like SA. He knew that not only was she not in love with him, but she had no interest in love or falling in love. She just wanted to marry well and live in comfort. He agreed to this and so did she. The problem is they didn't discuss any of the details. Both of them had expectations but none of these were ever discussed. She expected to be taken care of forever if possible, which was why she was trying to get pregnant. A child would surely bind her to him and that family financially. He wanted to make her fall in love with him, but he never did anything to ensure that it would happen. SA is a simple woman when it comes to love. As materialistic as she was going into the marriage, at the very heart of who she is as a person is someone who likes the simple things, the little things. Look at what she talks about on her radio show. She appreciates being able to de-stress by making pickles. That is why JW is having a crises. SA has changed. She has seen how the other half lives, and she is over it. His mother, Secretary Mun, and keeping up appearances for the public took a toll on her and she realized being away from her family and the people who love her wasn't worth her peace. 

One thing I noticed right away these past few episodes is how soft SA's face has gotten. Before, she wore a scowl because she always had to be on the defense. JW, I feel bad that he lost an entire year, however, I really question if he truly loves SA. What kind of man will be okay with the woman he loves having to disown her family? What kind of man will allow his mother to abuse the woman he loves? These questions linger around why SA never fully fell for him. Then when she didn't do what he wanted, he ran off with his secretary [which is so cliche'] and the whole time he is still expecting SA to fall for him? Make it make sense. Now, he's acting like his affair was no big deal, like SA should just be faithful and loyal to him and pretend he did nothing. Love is earned, it is not automatic. People fall in love when they least expect it for that very reason. If he protected her, stood up for her and took her to see her family, I believe she would've fallen head over heels for him. She definitely cares about him and she expected him to respect the marriage and not cheat. That is why they are both hurt. Now, he has seen her with TR. He is going to go after TR and try to intimidate him into staying away. SA will say it's friendship, but JW will see that TR is in love with her. It's about to be messier.

CA and JH are just too cute. She really is a special girl. Despite what she has been through in her life, she is so incredibly sweet and kind to people and already in line to be the perfect policewoman. JH is already in love with her despite his attempts to not get attached. I was cheesing when he asked YA to tell CA he was back. He is willing to sign her sister, and wait 6 hours until she gets off duty. He has it pretty bad. I don't think the writer will pull the whole CA not being good enough for JH because she's poor bit. I believe that Judge Hong will be apprehensive because she looks at CA as her dead son's girlfriend. In order for JH to be with her, his mother is going to have to find out the truth. That will be heart breaking but I believe CA will help her through it.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was analyzing this also. I think he did move because he mentioned his intention when he told his sister to hand in her resignation.  plus he mentioned needing to “save electricity” when SA came to visit.  if he was in Intermark building. He would have no reason to save electricity. :D

@mizv @yamiyugi 

sadly he didn’t move :sweatingbullets: 
He waiting for the eviction , that soon SA running to his arm Would angry ex husband  :joy:

5ddc4b4f440f4416234413.gif?download

5ddc4b5e0d02f587244629.gif?download

@Ameera AliLol! Maybe KBS has no budget :lol: especially for weekenders . 

11 hours ago, mizv said:

the Guy actor that plays JH is also currently in another drama airing now. hoping when that ends he will have more on screen time on Beautiful Life.  

He’s done shooting Secret Boutique for quite a while now . That show is partially pre produced . But i think because he was shooting both dramas concurrently at a point in time , he was not in a lot of the early scenes . And will partially explain why they  are  live shooting by the week now :sweatingbullets:

PD at work 

Spoiler

Looks like a beach scene ahead

Spoiler

Was thinking I’ll call them the Just A Bit couple :lol:. I adore them . 

Drama is still one of the most searched dramas 

https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-searched-dramas-in-korea-based-on-nov-24-data/

Spoiler

1- “Vagabond

2- “Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life

3- “When the Camellia Blooms

4- “My Country

5- “Extraordinary You

6- “VIP”

7- “Psychopath Diary” 

8- “The Lies Within”

9- “Never Twice”

10- “Leverage”

most searched drama november

Naver Screenshot

“Vagabond” was the first rank, followed by “Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life” and “When the Camellia Blooms”.

You can also check the most searched dramas of Nov. 17 here.

No 9 on Good Data Rankings which looks at the buzz generated by the drama.  
https://www.soompi.com/article/1368024wpp/when-the-camellia-blooms-finishes-strong-on-weekly-drama-rankings

wow, I I somewhat feel bad for Jin woo waking up a year later. Sure most be suffocating not being in the loop finding out his wife divorced him while he was in coma. I agree that his mother should not have meddled with their marriage. it is for those two to work out. But at the same can´t blame SA. she got hurt by his mom and started to re think her priority in life. money is not what she want and she want to be with her family and do things she likes to do. I hope jin woo can let her go. It is clear this relationship is not healthy as even him did struggle with never getting the love he wanted from SA. But cheating was totally wrong! I liked their conversation in the hospital. really showed what kind of marriage they had. 

So cute seeing CA in her uniform and nervous for her first day. I see some talking about her not knowing how to use some of the tools but I like to think it was a part of her being new and nervous. we see her fast catching on and do her work nicely. Also Moon looking pleased with her. :)  we know she gonna be a very good cop!

Aww so cute CA and JH is. boy is totally smitten. :wub: but sad seeing how he is starting to hold a distance. I think beside scared on her knowing who he is and wanting to obey his mother wish- he also said some of the thing he said before about not wanting to date and marriage. I am sure his belief about that still stand... But his heart is totally reacting before his mind like blurring out that he want to wait for CA. most have been torture not seeing her for a year. <_< I do not think boy can keep his distance from our girl just as she cant.:wub:

I really wonder how writer gonna play out how CA gonna know about JH, but I do think there is a reason for having judge hong being around her. I wonder knowing her is gonna make it easier for her to accept CA for JH? Also wonder if we gonna have a mirror scene to that one where JH asked about why she had not told about being sister with SA. Seems like writer like to have conversation that is important movement but also a release for characters feelings. 

@nubianlegalmind, in Korean drama, parents trumps marriage in order of importance. I can’t speak for Father is Strange because I didn’t watch more than 16 episodes but I can tell you that it’s very common for a man to put his mother above his wife or on the same level of his wife in all other family drama shows that I have seen. In the West we live by “a man shall leave his parents and cleave to his wife” thus making the marriage the foundation of the family. In Korean family drama, too many times to count I have watched the MIL interfere repeatedly in the marriage of their sons which sometimes even lead to divorce because the man’s family (most times mother) is more important than his relationship with his wife. Therefore it’s useless to apply our view of the marriage (family) to their view of family. I’m just surprised at times the way JW handles his mother by coaxing her (before the accident) or demanding her to do what is right (after the accident). A lot of times moms get their way because the sons are to be filial.

@sal2, more than CA, I worry about Judge Hong’s reaction. I know she gets along with CA but the true test comes when she finds out about her and JH. 

I remember early on when CA was looking up above thinking about JK and while talking to him out loud and wanting a sign from him and that piece of laundry fell on her.  Do you remember?  There is so much still ahead but a part of me wonders if JK's last words to his brother in telling him about this amazing young girl he had met whose love for the honest and simple things in life almost changed his mind. And how fate or is it a force much greater that continues to draw CA & JH together.   Fiction or not there is a small part of me that wants to believe in JK's promised so called magic in making a difference in CA's life and JH's too.  For if he could gift his brother anything wouldn't it be CA.  A girl whose heart could open and change his brothers life in so many ways and give him courage in wanting someone to be with, hold on to. In seeing just how much he has been missing.

In never wanting his brother to be or feel alone again.

What better gift is there than giving two kind and lonely people the gift of love and each other.

@dfun we are not forgiving JW I was talking about OMS the actor. It's the plot. The poster shows the end couple. 

JW won't end up with SA but whether the writer will make him end up with HR. Just to give it the 6th degree of separation like they always do in a Kdrama. However there are many ways to portray an adulterous partner in a drama. And for this drama, its the set up. It could go very nasty depending on how the writer does it. However Yoon Park's romance so far has been set up to be very low key. Vs saccharine sweet or intense.

I like OMS look and have been fond of the actor since his Misaeng days as a Team leader. It was a memorable drama and I wished he had a chance to play less roles where he has a hard time. But at the end of the day, being a KBS2 weekend drama viewer for years, I know what the plot should be. BUT if I take it that seriously- it's going to be damn irritating with all the ridiculous elements. But that's what makes a weekend dramas. You need angst to push the episodes along. JW- is what he could have been- vs what we see now. What a waste. He could have just neglected his wife and HR been the scheming richard simmons secretary secretly spreading lies. But the writer chose the adultery pathway to break them up.

There's a lot of ways to inserted a 3rd party plot into a drama. To make the female lead a divorcee to get a new couple. One party just got tired or fall out of love. Or it could make one of them childless after 9 years of marriage and HR be the surrogate mother. Or MIL kick her out for not getting a child. A lot, a lot of break up options. But the writer chose the affair, car accident, coma and divorce option.

See what I mean? So yeah this is not a drama where we actually condone adultery. Just that OMS broods just as or more on screen than Yoon Park. Who just looks perturbed on screen. He is a good actor. Both are. Just that personal preferences being what it is, I like JW brooding looks vs the chef brooding.

There was a previous drama where he had the brooding role where he was the filial older son? With the pregnant girl where he didn't want to marry. Man that was difficult to watch and I kept sighing at that awful role for like 50 episodes. Ergh didn't like that drama.

18 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

And we have the same chaebols household layout. I know KBS2 weekend dramas have sets. So it's all purpose built. But the poorer house. Vs the rich house all have the same layout. It's gotten to the point where I recognise the same rental properties or scenes

We have the same thing in my country, it is called Media City, it is prepared for shooting drama, so the houses are built beforehand and used over and over again. It appears unnatural because the scenes are shot on one location. I remember in the past, scenes were shot in actual places, they were more credible

I feel disappointed for not catching up. Still feel so tired after the previous six-month season. Right now focusing on SA and TR scenes in YouTube, dramakbs unsubbed. I like them together. I depended on KBS world on YouTube but no longer available, because of playback feature, it is much easier than other websites, where you have to watch one whole hour, that can stop in the middle and can't playback :( 

6 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

@dfun we are not forgiving JW I was talking about OMS the actor. It's the plot. The poster shows the end couple. 

JW won't end up with SA but whether the writer will make him end up with HR. Just to give it the 6th degree of separation like they always do in a Kdrama. However there are many ways to portray an adulterous partner in a drama. And for this drama, its the set up. It could go very nasty depending on how the writer does it. However Yoon Park's romance so far has been set up to be very low key. Vs saccharine sweet or intense.

I like OMS look and have been fond of the actor since his Misaeng days as a Team leader. It was a memorable drama and I wished he had a chance to play less roles where he has a hard time. But at the end of the day, being a KBS2 weekend drama viewer for years, I know what the plot should be. BUT if I take it that seriously- it's going to be damn irritating with all the ridiculous elements. But that's what makes a weekend dramas. You need angst to push the episodes along. JW- is what he could have been- vs what we see now. What a waste. He could have just neglected his wife and HR been the scheming richard simmons secretary secretly spreading lies. But the writer chose the adultery pathway to break them up.

There's a lot of ways to inserted a 3rd party plot into a drama. To make the female lead a divorcee to get a new couple. One party just got tired or fall out of love. Or it could make one of them childless after 9 years of marriage and HR be the surrogate mother. Or MIL kick her out for not getting a child. A lot, a lot of break up options. But the writer chose the affair, car accident, coma and divorce option.

See what I mean? So yeah this is not a drama where we actually condone adultery. Just that OMS broods just as or more on screen than Yoon Park. Who just looks perturbed on screen. He is a good actor. Both are. Just that personal preferences being what it is, I like JW brooding looks vs the chef brooding.

There was a previous drama where he had the brooding role where he was the filial older son? With the pregnant girl where he didn't want to marry. Man that was difficult to watch and I kept sighing at that awful role for like 50 episodes. Ergh didn't like that drama.

Just finished watching the latest episodes. 

I do feel sad and pity for JW. He clearly is still very much in love with SA. We can see his frustration and sadness to know his mom got SA to divorce him. And his sadness to know how his mom treated SA from his MIL. He was shocked to learn that SA didnt take any $$$ from the divorce. That's something unlike of the SA he knew. So the info from his MIL has great impact on him.

Him asking for SA immediately when he woke up should be a tell tale sign to HR that she is nothing to JW but just a physical outlet for him. As he said to his mom, his biggest mistake was letting his desperation for his wife love that lead him to wrong action and clouded his mind. Chairwoman was also shock to realise just how deep and how much her son JW loved SA. She thought it is something that she can get her son can get over with quickly and be with HR whom she can manipulates. 

Hahaha ... now  each time JW sees HR, his biggest mistakes slaps him in his face each time n haunts him. He will have double frustration at himself. Hahahaha 

JW will fall in love with the current SA all over again. He will listen to her radio show and get to know the new her. 

I hope he will not turn evil against JH by his mom. I actually feel so sorry for him for having such an immature and selfish mom and growing up in such a toxic environment.  He is clearly a nice guy. 

I like the actor acting JW. Oh Min  Suk can really display such raw emotion, brooding so handsomely, being so flirty and loving at a turn. Would love to see him in a drama where he is the lead instead of 2nd lead. 

I hope to see if JW can't win SA back, that he gives SA her freedom and be her friend instead n support her in her endeavor ... a way to show his love for her.

@cheekychipmunk_stv, Oh Min Suk got his girl in All About Mom. It’s the drama where Eugene is his younger sister and Choi Tae Joon is his youngest sibling.

I do like his character in this drama. He’s never completely let his mother have her way and like you I also hope he doesn’t let his mother turn him against Joon Hwi. They seemed to genuinely like each other as cousins. I also hope he lets go of SA soon. 

@ck1Oz I also think OMS is a great actor, and he isn't a sterotypical evil or pathetic character here either. There is certainly no perfect human being and everyone makes mistakes but JW's mistake was doing everything on his own and hurting both himself and SA in the process. Now do I feel bad for him bc of the divorce, losing a year of his life and his mother being the way she is? Yes I do, I think their relationship could've been a lot better if there was no pressure from his mom, but would SA fall for him in that situation I don't know bc I don't know if he would have changed if his mother wasn't around so much.

Now do I think he is a nice guy and is worthy of getting SA back? No, I don't think so, not yet. If you remember his exact words after SA alluded to him having an affair and she left, he said "I have been caught", that sounds to me more like he thinks his mistake is that he was caught and not that he actually did it and he didn't even tell her about it yet, so he still isn't ready to communicate honestly with her. Sure his way of thinking and actions can change later on and at that point he would deserve a second chance in my opinion but he isn't there yet and sadly SA will not be waiting around until that happens bc their time flows differently now, they are at a different starting point and that sure is frustrating.

So I like the actor, he brings forth the emotions beautifully but his character is a complex character that made some mistakes that aren't easily corrected and in this premise they are irreversible. I hope that the writer doesn't choose a dark path for this character and instead shows that he can change and get over his pain and frustration and disappointment, that he can realize that loving someone and wanting to have someone are not the same and that some things just can't be forced. I hope he ends up happy bc he has the potential to be a good person but I don't want him to be with Hae Rang, she is someone who feels no remorse and despite knowing things are wrong she nonetheless does them.

Everyone has a preference when it comes to actors and styles of their personalities just like everyone has a different taste when it comes to what they want in a partner, so it is understandable that all of us will have different views, hopes and expectations for the more complex situations and characters and sometimes some of those views surprise me when I read them. 

cf8f4a2421ee7c73dd5239ebca31d847119d2332      Their warm smile is just so heart melting :wub: 

I really have to say I feel sad seeing how lonely JH is. He have no real friends to talk with about his dark thoughts. He and his mother do not seems to have a relationship where they share their feelings. Instead he is pilling them up inside him. Always having people on arms length. On a deep level his brother death have affected him emotional. That is way seeing him smile at CA and thinking about her make me so happy. but then who cant be affected by CA warmth. Boy need sunshine in his life. He is already copying her blurring out his real feelings. But I feel he is in for growth pain as he have some things to deal with regarding JG. Beside figuring out his own feelings about CA and where to take them. -_- What I am admiring him for though is how he is holding his words when he is promising things. Being fair judge of situation and people. Do not like lying. Caring for his mother. Also the fact that he did protected BR when he did go to Spain.  

I haven’t got the chance to continue watching, but i’m curious did the male lead already know that female lead had tried suicide with his younger brother? I have only just reach the part where they tried to cover it up, i don’t like the part when the mother covered it up and the female lead become the bully victim by the boy’s mother 

4 hours ago, Dundee said:

I haven’t got the chance to continue watching, but i’m curious did the male lead already know that female lead had tried suicide with his younger brother? I have only just reach the part where they tried to cover it up, i don’t like the part when the mother covered it up and the female lead become the bully victim by the boy’s mother 

Major spoiler 

Spoiler

Yes . He will find out in eps 16 ( of out 50 ) or 31/32 ( out of 100) . So he knows pretty early on considering the length of the drama . A lot things have happened. I don’t think the boy’s mom bullied her ..that’s the awful aunt . If anything, over time the boy’s mum actually looked out for her & they developed a close relationship ( almost like mother & daughter) 

This is the scene on Kocowa if you wanna watch 

Spoiler

Another OST to be  released soon 

Love this scene. I rewatched it countless times :lol:

I was reading some of the top comments on the Naver video & they seem to react positively to their love line . There was one that mentioned that nobody waits for 6 hours for a person they are not interested in . Lol!

But there was one comment that weighed on my mind a lot - (compared to the other couple) CA & JH’s hurdle is gonna be greater because of JG . What will happen when CA finds out who JH is ? Then how would things be once Judge Hong finds out ? There will be another character called Kang Shi Wol whom JG mentioned to CA . He has yet to have many scenes ( just one - buying stuff at the convenience store where CA was working ) but I believe he took the blame for the accident that JG caused . So they will have to clear that up . 

I hope that CA calls JH "Oppa" at some point in this show... I really, really, really want to see his reaction... I believe it will be perfectly adorkable...

JH: "Ooopppa? Did you..."

[CA, hands over her face with embarrassment, begins to run away, JH grabs her backpack and spins her around.]

JH: "Did you just call me oppa?"

CA: "Does it bother you? I'm sorry... It slipped out. I promise. I promise I won't do it again!"

JH: "Call me Oppa again. Again?"

CA: "Seriously?"

JH: "Uhh... no. No. I mean..."

CA: "You want me to call you Oppa?"

JH: "Uhh... I..."

CA: "Oh, ok. I won't..."

[She turns away. He has a hang-dog expression. Suddenly she whips around with a smile on her face.] 

CA: "Oppa!!! Oppa!!! Oppa!!! You want me to call you Oppa!!!"

JH: "Aish! Not so loud! Stop."

[She dances around smiling. With a smile on his face he turns, places a hand on his heart, and mumbles to himself, "I can't believe my heart just fluttered. Oppa, she called me Oppa". Then he follows her down the street.]

Archived