[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

30 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

The relationship chart is like web spider... :joy: 

the chart forgot one very important cliche of current era.. friendzoned ;)

she doesn’t like sweet stuffs but whats that choco pie that she kept eating??

• LOL 5

Here is cute fan art of Ik Jun. Our first and memorable impression of him. :D

From watching episode 4, I have a lot respect for Ik Jun. It felt quite realistic when he admitted to the nurse that it is hard being a doctor plus raising his son by all himself. But the guy said it with such sweet smile on his face and that he loves his son to pieces. Also, despite his troubles with his wife, he still tried to keep a good image of her for his son's sake, but his cute little son couldn't be fooled. Though only a kid, he knows very well who has single-handedly raised him --- his "abeoji". I'm certain that hearing his son say that all he needs is him and that he's his favorite person in the world makes every effort even more worth it to him. 

As quoted in the fan art, "May the force be with Ik Jun." :heart:

• Like 6
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@im0202 @Lawyerh 

we need to bring all chocolate gang to register :joy: 

* hand up if you are in shipping war :D

Yes bring in the Chocolate gang:lol::lol::lol: The  more the merrier!

I'm not in shipping war... But I'm not sure who I want to end up with Song Hwa yet... Can't even decide on my favourite character out of the 5 friends at this point :joy: This PD-nim is playing with my feelings again!

On another note, I just uploaded Ep 4 making:

Band Making for Canon can be found here: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7t4caj

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 4

Lists of Most Buzz Worthy Dramas & Actors [1st Week of April, 2020]

Good Data Corporation has shared its weekly rankings of the most popular dramas and cast members who have generated the most buzz over the past week! The company analyzed news articles, blog posts and online communities, videos, and social media from March 30 to April 5 for dramas that are currently airing or are set to air, and they revealed the results on April 6.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz for the 1st week of April

1. JTBC “The World of the Married” - 26.85% (0)

2. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - 13.6% (+1)

3. tvN “Hi Bye, Mama!” - 7.99% (-1)

4. SBS “Hyena” - 7.67% (0)

5. MBC “Find Me in Your Memory” - 7.17% (+2)

6. tvN  “Piece of Your Mind” - 5.24% (-1)

7. JTBC “When the Weather is Fine“ - 4.41% (+1)

8. KBS2 “Once Again” - 3.19% (+2)

9. MBC “365: One Year Against Destiny” - 3.04% (-3)

10. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - 2.97% (NEW)

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz for the 1st week of April

1. JTBC “World of the Married” - Kim Hee-ae (0)

2. JTBC “World of the Married” - Han So-hee (+12)

3. tvN “Hi Bye, Mama!” - Kim Tae-hee (-1)

4. SBS “Hyena” - Kim Hye-soo (0)

5. MBC “Find Me in Your Memory” - Moon Ga-young (+5)

6. JTBC “World of the Married” - Park Hae-joon (-3)

7. MBC “Find Me in Your Memory” - Kim Dong-wook (+12)

8. SBS “Hyena” - Joo Ji-hoon (+1)

9. tvN  “Piece of Your Mind” - Jung Hae-in (-3)

10. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - Jo Jung-suk (-3)

Source: https://instagram.com/gooddata_official

• Like 1

I finished re-watching all the episodes once :)

Questions: (apologise first if they're already answered in previous posts)

1. Why would JWan went to his patient's daughter's wedding? Did the show try to portray that he was caring or he really went there just for food? I couldn't remember the details but all I could remember ..the daughter said that he went there just to have dinner.

2. Which shoes did Capt An give to SHwa? Was it the 10-year-ago shoes or the new shoes for her birthday?

3. From medical point of view, what's the significance of checking the two thumbs before surgery? JWan did this before his surgery and I'm interested in knowing why :D

Note to self - Still to be revealed:

What happened in Hawaii

SHwa response to Capt An shoes' revelation

SHwa's crush 20 years ago

Whether JWon date anyone before

Nothing so far on SeokHyeong and IJ personal sides. Well..maybe a background on SHyeong's ex-wife and their divorce?

Bring on Friday! - when I can watch subbed ep 5 wohooo

Hospital Playlist: Episode 4

by lovepark

hospitalplaylist04-00182.jpg

We learn a bit more about Seok-hyung this episode, slowly peeling back the layers of his character and how he came to be the person he is now. Like his friends, there’s more to the socially awkward doctor than what meets the eyes. Though these five friends may already be forty, when they’re together, it’s 1999 all over again.

EPISODE 4 RECAP

hospitalplaylist04-00001.jpg

Ik-joon meets with an elderly, liver-transplant patient who describes all the changes he’s experienced since the surgery, but most of his new symptoms are a result of old age. The elderly patient admits to Ik-joon that he is 84, and the two of them share a laugh.

After meeting his patients, Ik-joon waits for the elevator with Gyu-wool, but when it arrives, he tells her to ride the next one. He draws a heart on the glass doors before going up, and Gyu-wool belatedly realizes what he meant as Jung-won appears right next to her. They greet each other briefly and then wait in silence for the next elevator.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/04/hospital-playlist-episode-4/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, snowlou said:

I finished re-watching all the episodes once :)

Questions: (apologise first if they're already answered in previous posts)

1. Why would JWan went to his patient's daughter's wedding? Did the show try to portray that he was caring or he really went there just for food? I couldn't remember the details but all I could remember ..the daughter said that he went there just to have dinner.

2. Which shoes did Capt An give to SHwa? Was it the 10-year-ago shoes or the new shoes for her birthday?

3. From medical point of view, what's the significance of checking the two thumbs before surgery? JWan did this before his surgery and I'm interested in knowing why :D

Note to self - Still to be revealed:

What happened in Hawaii

SHwa response to Capt An shoes' revelation

SHwa's crush 20 years ago

Whether JWon date anyone before

Nothing so far on SeokHyeong and IJ personal sides. Well..maybe a background on SHyeong's ex-wife and their divorce?

Bring on Friday! - when I can watch subbed ep 5 wohooo

I think Jun wan attending his patient's daughter wedding is to show how caring and considerate he is despite his prickly nature. Definitely not just for the food he would go all the way there in his busy schedule. LOL. 

Captain Ahn gave her the new shoes that he left in her desk in ep 2. He can't be the one who gave her the shoes 10 years ago. But I'm interested to know who gave her those shoes 10 years ago that she still doesn't want to throw away.....hmmm...Probably her mother. LOL. But +100 brownie points for Captain Ahn for noticing her worn out shoes and knowing the correct shoe size. He is a cutie. 

I just assumed they check the fingers to see whether there is any dirt or something. Surgeons take sterile environment seriously and it starts with their hands. I don't know I'm not a surgeon maybe there is something more? 

• Like 1

Another reason why I like Ik Jun even more from episode 4 --- this hilarious rap battle with his sister. "What are you talking about?!" 

I like her. Looking forward to see where she last left off with Jun Wan.

This drama reminds me a little bit of the show Friends. These friends will likely date outside their circle (which I totally support), but I know in the back of my mind, I will always wonder if a coupling will form within over the seasons and last in the end. Regardless, I think the humor, flashbacks, quirky personalities and music will be a real treat. Learning about the hospital life has been educational as well.

• Like 3

Guys we should appreciate Jo Jung Suk-Aloha more! 

almost two weeks since release and the song keep climbing on the chart.

I post the rank when the song has been released two weeks ago.

the rank is #16 daily Melon and #1 in genie and bugs.

right now the song keep climbing the chart in melon. and reach today peak at #9 Daily melon.

the song still #1 genie,#2 bugs,#3 soribada,and #3 flo (one of the hardest to get high chart rank beside melon)

with many song released, the OST keep on soaring high in chart ( MC the max,Gidle,Suho)

the song keep on growing and growing that you can repeat and not get bored. 

also Joy ost enjoy the rise withda #21 daily melon too up from #35 two weeks ago.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I think Jun wan attending his patient's daughter wedding is to show how caring and considerate he is despite his prickly nature. Definitely not just for the food he would go all the way there in his busy schedule. LOL. 

Captain Ahn gave her the new shoes that he left in her desk in ep 2. He can't be the one who gave her the shoes 10 years ago. But I'm interested to know who gave her those shoes 10 years ago that she still doesn't want to throw away.....hmmm...Probably her mother. LOL. But +100 brownie points for Captain Ahn for noticing her worn out shoes and knowing the correct shoe size. He is a cutie. 

I just assumed they check the fingers to see whether there is any dirt or something. Surgeons take sterile environment seriously and it starts with their hands. I don't know I'm not a surgeon maybe there is something more? 

Thanks for answering my questions :)!

I thought JWan attending the wedding couldn't be just for food either (and plus he had to wear that dreadful silver suit that looked too big for him :D). But I found it wasn't clear as to why that action was considered caring (don't think he was invited - ohhh...then he would be a wedding crasher LOL).

So the new shoes were from Capt An. And so SHwa finally changed her 10-year-old shoes (which she was unwilling to do beforehand) into the new shoes. Maybe...maybe..there is some stories behind the old shoes and the giver..as you said.

Hopefully some ppl here with medical background can give some more insights into the thumbs checking routine. It's just interesting as I could only spot JWan doing it but not the others like SHwa or IJ. I wonder whether that 'routine' has something to do with cardio thoracic side of thing.

New post from Hospital Playlist IG:

Rough translation (from Papago lol):

What do the Lacking Five/'99 Pals think of each other?
"To Jungwon, Ikjun is....?"

IKJUN

Jungwon: giddy person

Junwan: idiot

Seokhyung: friend

Songhwa: best friend

JUNGWON

Ikjun: richest man

Junwan: loser

Seokhyung: my friend

Songhwa: someone i can depend on

JUNWAN
Ikjun: idiot
Jungwon: cranky/grouchy person
Seokhyung: my friend
Songhwa: a blunt person

SEOKHYUNG
Ikjun: a baby
Jungwon: i don't know
Junwan: awkward/clumsy/frustrating
Songhwa: someone you need to take care of

SONGHWA
Ikjun: the anchor
Jungwon: glutton
Junwan: my friend
Seokhyung: my female friend

Based on the descriptions, we get a closer look at their dynamics and personalities. Like how Junwan and Ikjun described each other as idiots, or how Seokhyung just described everyone as his friends.

It's surprising that Songhwa described Ikjun as her best friend, don't know if it means anything....lol. As an IJ/Shwa shipper I'm trying my best not to overanalyze.  

EDIT: i stand corrected. the answers are from the tvn interview, so not exactly from the characters’ perspective. although their answers sounded like something the characters would say hehe.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

53 minutes ago, dairymilks said:

Based on the descriptions, we get a closer look at their dynamics and personalities. Like how Junwan and Ikjun described each other as idiots, or how Seokhyung just described everyone as his friends.

It's surprising that Songhwa described Ikjun as her best friend, don't know if it means anything....lol. As an IJ/Shwa shipper I'm trying my best not to overanalyze.  :phew:

I'm intrigued too. JMD didn't just refer to Ik Jun as a "friend" to Song Hwa. She used "절친" instead. Best friend? Hmm. JJS considered Song Hwa as Ik Jun's mental & emotional anchor. Hmm. We haven't seen or heard a lot from these two, really. I want to get know the core 5 a little bit more. I feel like the PD's still keeping a lot from us. :)

• Like 3