[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

1 hour ago, kiklaminHo said:

@winnerrrrrrrr444

I am not sure if anyone answer your question yet but chingu I believe GU is from an ordinary family because in episode 10 when IJ ask her what s going on ,is her boyfriend rich  or a car dealer ?

GU answered is the other way  around .

I think that means her brother is not rich .Maybe I am wrong but to me common sense says that siblings have the same background .

I am sure we ll have some answers in S2.

Actually IJ didn’t ask if the boyfriend is rich or not. He asked what does her boyfriend do that he could drive different car each time? Is he a car dealer? So GU answered one part is wrong (not boyfriend) one part is right (he is a car dealer). Nothing about economic background. 

• Like 7

ezgif-6-01b401546400.gif

Mido & Falasol first meeting!! Hope they will give us many of unseen BTS (Winter Garden kiss scene pleasee!) :)

Oh God, I cannot concentrate on work due to teaser of Special Episode. :wub:

Unfortunately based on  @dairymilks post, Netflix will not sub the special episode.

Hope there will be kind, generous and beautiful people who will help to sub the episode, even though maybe not full episode but cut scenes of unseen BTS or first meeting or NG Compilation. Wink Wink~

Bonus: the ship that we never expect before (Age restriction warning) :lol:

Spoiler

ezgif-6-5e9edae55923.gif

Edited by superspace
  • Like 6
  • LOL 11

1 hour ago, superspace said:

Bonus: the ship that we never expect before (Age restriction warning) :lol:

Hide contents

Omg what is this incest I'm watching early in the morning? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • LOL 8

6 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Omg what is this incest I'm watching early in the morning? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Right?! I even have to watch the teaser video  for several times to confirm that what I saw was true. HAHAHAHA.

Maybe this is the reason why Jeong-won has good kissing skill? :naughty:

Spoiler

ezgif-5-6a46cd9b5b30.gif

• Naughty 5
  • LOL 3

4 hours ago, superspace said:

Right?! I even have to watch the teaser video  for several times to confirm that what I saw was true. HAHAHAHA.

Maybe this is the reason why Jeong-won has good kissing skill? :naughty:

Reveal hidden contents

This is not kiss BTS I was expecting in today's ep. But I'm not complaining....hahahahaha

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 7

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Actually IJ didn’t ask if the boyfriend is rich or not. He asked what does her boyfriend do that he could drive different car each time? Is he a car dealer? So GU answered one part is wrong (not boyfriend) one part is right (he is a car dealer). Nothing about economic background. 

Actually that part confused me. I have no access to netflix so i cant check the korean sub to see the exact words, i'm just guessing here based on what i heard.

IJ : 딜러야? 외제차 딜러?
GU : 하나는 맞고 하나는 틀렸어요
IJ : 딜러가 아니라 부자?
GU : 반대요
IJ : 부자가 아니라 딜러?
GU : 그 쪽 말고요
IJ : 딜러는 맞지만 남친이 아니구나

IJ : is he a dealer? Imported car dealer?
GU : you got one thing right, one thing wrong
IJ : not a dealer but a rich guy? (hence the changing imported car)
GU : it's the opposite
IJ : not a rich guy but a dealer?
GU : not that part (the wrong and right thing)
IJ : a dealer but not a boyfriend

The bold words sound similar in korean, so i might misheard it, but if what he really said is 부자 then it really means wealthy.

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

Spoiler

She mentioned in the ep11 review, someone had saw JJS and JMD filming at Sokcho and this apartment is one of the newest apartment at Sokcho, the person had shared online and this finale episode confirm his claim.

Ik Joon finally confessed and this could be his first, as all of us know his ex-wife woo him in his previous marriage.

He voice out his concern and ask for suggestion from her in a calm and careful manner, he used this manner as his love/feeling for her is deep. He does not wanna lose her as a friend and giving her pressure.

So how does she feel, the reviewer also mentioned there were some clues to how she felt. At the scene when Ik Joon, Songhwa and Seok Hyeong are having dinner together, there were 2 books on the bookshelf which are props and not actual books. One is 'White Heart' while the other is 'A Storm in Silence'. She felt that these two books are hinting on how Songhwa felt.

Songhwa is a classic model professional, she maintain her interpersonal relationships with others professionally without crossing the line. One example is when Dragon requested her to operate on one of the patients in the earlier episode as he need it for the completion of his thesis, Songhwa reprimanded him after he had crossed the line. Since she is strict to her students, she is also strict to herself and camping is a method for her to enjoy the freedom. Songhwa could be more rigid in her 20s, during her first encounter with Ik Joon, she might had felt an unfamiliar feeling within her and perhaps it is more of curiosity. After seeing Ik Joon playing 'Canon', it open up a new world for Songhwa and maybe Ik Joon is her variation to life.

She might have wanna confess to Ik Joon but after the confession of SeokHyeong towards her, she chose to wait instead as maybe she fear that she would encounter the same situation as well. However we all know, Ik Joon did not take action during that time and had a girlfriend subsequently. So Songhwa had to try her best to avoid crossing the line while facing him. The reviewer mentioned in SOnghwa's character bio, Songhwa gave her 20s to first love and subsequently might have forgotten about it. As time passes, they worked in different hospitals and busy with their own lifes and career, Ik Joon steps into her life again in 2019 thru working in the same hospital and forming a band again. However they maintain a distance and did not make any attempt to cross the line until Ik Joon got divorced, even as Ik Joon act normally in front of them and Songhwa pretending not to be concern, but in her heart, she does care for him and if he is really all right. As she slowly care and assist Ik Joon, as the interaction between them increases, the line between them also becoming indistinct. 

So when it really caught her in surprise when Ik Joon confess in the finale, but she did not reject him or stop him immediately as in the situation with SeokHyeong and Chihong. Therefore, 'White Heart' could be her feeling before the confession and 'A Storm in Silence' is her feeling after Ik Joon's confession. Another clue to show that there might be a slight movement in her inner heart is a wind slightly blown across her face after Ik Joon confess to her, this same situation appeared when Ik Joon ask if Jung Won liked Winter as well.

The reviewer is buying stocks on Ik Song as love is all about timing, she mentioned about Chihong missing the timing at several situation. Went drinking with Dragon on his first lead surgery and how the umbrella lost its purpose after Ik Joon picked Songhwa up after the emergency surgery. The reviewer also mentioned Chihong could be someone Songhwa might liked if she is in her 20s but now the timing is just not right. Chihong also liked Songhwa on his first day and he worked hard to enter to NS but the appearance of Ik Joon disrupt his plan and make him nervous over the situation and begun to cross the line unknowingly. 

As for Ik Joon, his appearance always seen to be at the right time.

in ep1, appearing in ER when they need someone to perform the liver transplant operation

in ep2, Ik Joon arrive at the entrance to ask Songhwa if she wanna have a meal together after one tiring day

in ep6, Ik Joon appearing at the clinic to accompany her

in ep10, when Jung Won passed the portfolio of Long Legs to her, the largest contributor to the funds is also Ik Joon

Perhaps when the two of them met on the first day during their university interview, when he pass the thing for her to tie her hair, it is fated for him to appear at the right time to assist and help her. It is also interesting to noted that when Ik Joon need some sort of assistance, Songhwa is the one who help him. For example, his darth vadar helmet incident, he chose to visit Yulje to get it sort out and when U-ju need a guardian other than the nanny, Songhwa is also the one who will help him. Of course, those on stray path will argue oh it is because she is the only female friend they got.... *roll eyes* :rolleyes:

The reviewer also mentioned about the BGM used. At Ik Joon's confession, 'I Knew I Love' was played while the BGM played when Chihong received Songhwa's parcel was 'That I was Once by Your Side'. In Season 2, maybe we could anticipate how Songhwa slowly realised her true feeling towards Ik Joon.

One more interesting thing to note, in the scene where Ik Joon is learning Spanish languages, several books were shown on his desk, beside the Spanish and sign languages, there were books on sommelier, how to use unmanned aircraft, furniture design and woodwork and lastly how to drive a small boat. 

Seem like Ik Joon is preparing to join Songhwa for her camping (enjoy wine together, design small wooden furniture for her and using of unmanned aircraft at campsite?) and perhaps drive her out on a small boat. I understand that Sokcho has a Lake Park where people could rent boats if they have the license. Maybe we shall see these in season 2. :lol:

Spoiler

Before 1:14 minutes mark are her thoughts and summary on the drama, so not gonna translate

As we know, it is love at first sight for Gyeo-ul and in the scene when she first met Jung Won, there is a bear with heart on the bookshelf at the background and Jung Won happened to be wearing what Gyeo-ul would wear during summer and autumn. White tee shirt and denim shirt.

After Jung Won reprimanded her and said that beside medical skills, a doctor must have a compassionate heart as well. This further increase her admiration for him and professionally respect him as a doctor and hope to become a doctor like him. 

Being an evergreen, the path for love is not easy. After being rejected for the dinner and being lied to, she chose to give up but she couldn't control herself and is still having crushes on him. There isn't much progress even with the assistance of Ik Joon. Gyeo-ul could only suppress her feeling and do what she need to do as a doctor.

Then Rosa arrive as her saviour, she could tell that Jung Won liked her a lot (my opinion: at this point, I believe most viewers would have know Jung Won's expression is the sign of good news or bad news, that why those closest to him know what is going on when reading his expression, if you still have not notice, please re-watch the entire drama again and don't stray away from the direction ;)

Rosa also mentioned to Gyeo-ul that Jung Won planned to leave soon and the reviewer believe this news gave Gyeo-ul a shock. Perhaps this is also why Gyeo-ul will went to his office to ask him to stay, because based on Gyeo-ul's character, she might not have agree to Rosa's request and help her to ask Jung Won to remain and maybe Gyeo-ul would still support Jung Won's decision to leave. 

The reviewer did not expects Gyeo-ul to be deeply in love with Jung Won and there is a sense of imperative feeling and she did seem troubled by the news.

When Gyeo-ul tearfully ask Jung Won to stay, this is perhaps the first time her feeling finally waver and she is releasing all of her feeling which she had suppressed within herself. It is not just a nervous confession but also a fear of losing someone who is a hugh emotional support/guidance for her career. 

Next the reviewer touch on when and how Jung Won might have feelings towards Gyeo-ul and the changes.

Firstly, Jung Won is someone who is not very vocal and will keep everything to himself and this gave him headaches when he keep all his worries to himself.

Making decision on his choices, the children patients that he can't bear to leave behind, being sorry to his mother and the feeling of Gyeo-ul towards him are some of the things which he kept to himself and troubled him. He still chose not to be vocal about them. However as he is so pure and he is easy to read and he has a group of emotional pillars who knew him well and willing to advise him to lessen his troubles/worries. 

Jung Won relationship with Gyeo-ul were 1st build from misunderstanding, Gyeo-ul being herself and directly informing the patient's parent about his condition give Jung Won an impression that she is a cold person and both of them will not be compatible. The sight of her removing maggots from the leg of a homeless changes his mind and actually Gyeo-ul is a responsible doctor and might have felt sorry for the previous misunderstanding. The passing of chocopie and the anger he had after Gyeo-ul chase after the child abuser was perhaps a way to mask his worry of her getting hurt. The decisive moment is when he stop eating after hearing about Gyeo-ul being warded at the ER observation ward after suffering from a serious allergy. He took to the stair instead of taking a lift and ran to the ER. Based on drama timeline, it is August 2019 and perhaps before Aug, he already have feeling for her.

So when did he have feeling for her, the reviewer mentioned about the lack of POV from his perspective was perhaps he unknowingly develop feelings for Gyeo-ul and maybe he also could not tell when did he have feeling towards her. He might have only realised he had fallen in love with her at a certain moment and this is a kind of romance which majority will encountered, just suddenly and unknowingly fallen in love with someone. Without telling us when, the drama allows us to focus more on Jung Won's expressions and the changes in him. The PD and writer wanna used his expression and actions taken to see the changes and development in Winter Garden loveline. 

For example, when he used banmal to greet Gyeo-ul at the on-call room and usually they do not let resident to lead a pediatric surgery, but Jung Won give Gyeo-ul a chance to lead. This shown the trust he had on her and the relationship between them strengthen.

The kiss at Xmas was a full release of everything that Jung Won had kept within himself over times and it is because he had previously suppressed his feeling and avoid crossing the line. Based on the drama timelines, it is about half a year. Despite how he tried to stand behind the line and act coldly, Gyeo-ul's tearful confession, constant apologies, how his decision to leave troubled Gyeo-ul's mind and how he hurt the girl he loved make Jung Won filled with emotions as well. The reviewer also talk about the sigh Jung Won gave before Gyeo-ul's confession was when he realised Gyeo-ul gonna confess to him before he could confess to her. He might had felt sorry and guilty towards Gyeo-ul as he had let her waited too long for a confession.  

So how did Songhwa knew about his feeling towards Gyeo-ul? They are closest friends/soulmates, without him informing her, she already knew he had gave up on leaving. As mentioned earlier, those closest to him can read his mind by looking at his expression, so perhaps they might had know about his feeling towards Gyeo-ul. 

Songhwa might at first only know that Jung Won cared for Gyeo-ul but after he mentioned he planned to inform someone 1st before informing the rest, she could confirmed that Jung Won had fallen in love with Gyeo-ul. That is why she opened the window and said it is winter and winter is coming. This CP should not have anymore obstacle and the reviewer hope to see that they lived happily in S2.

This lady is one of the best reviewer for the drama.

Decided to check out her reviews on the finale and post the rough translation of the videos, translation in spoiler as it is too long.

Her thoughts, reviews and analysis are very logical. Can't help but to agree with her massively.

Her channels has more reviews, feel free to watch them if you understand mandarin.

• Like 16
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 3
  • Insightful 1

29 minutes ago, ChunSungIm said:
her face :lol:,but that just a teaser

Wow, is this interview just published recently? I think I didn't see it yet.

Happy that many actors/actresses are getting more attention after Hospital Playlist (Mido, Eunbin, Shin Hyubin) :)

• Like 6

4 hours ago, bee_wannabe said:

Actually that part confused me. I have no access to netflix so i cant check the korean sub to see the exact words, i'm just guessing here based on what i heard.

IJ : 딜러야? 외제차 딜러?
GU : 하나는 맞고 하나는 틀렸어요
IJ : 딜러가 아니라 부자?
GU : 반대요
IJ : 부자가 아니라 딜러?
GU : 그 쪽 말고요
IJ : 딜러는 맞지만 남친이 아니구나

IJ : is he a dealer? Imported car dealer?
GU : you got one thing right, one thing wrong
IJ : not a dealer but a rich guy? (hence the changing imported car)
GU : it's the opposite
IJ : not a rich guy but a dealer?
GU : not that part (the wrong and right thing)
IJ : a dealer but not a boyfriend

The bold words sound similar in korean, so i might misheard it, but if what he really said is 부자 then it really means wealthy.

Sorry, my reference was from ep.9, the incomplete conversation. From the complete one in ep.10, IJ did ask as the above “not a car dealer but a rich person?” However, that is still not referring to her brother in mind, but her “boyfriend”. So the reference to the family economic background is still not discussed between them. Although some have argued that to go through med school is not cheap so her family must be somwhat well-off too. 

• Like 5

On 5/31/2020 at 9:56 PM, Dramageek said:

If you are a woman, who do you choose? the Seoul-chaebol boys: Jeong Won & Seok Hyung or Gangwondo Boys: Ikjun and Jungwan.

Gangwondo boys were bold, if they already make a decision, they were willing to travel far, to pursue the woman they love. They will confess first, with a swoony fluttering move. If we are the kind of woman who want to be pursued, they are our type/style. But in the other hand, Gangwondo boys have many gorgeous exes, we must learn to lived with that (LOL). Hey I suspect Lee did have soft spot for "country-bumpkin" boys, I use this term with endearment, remember reply1994 boys. They stay in boarding home far from home during Uni, so they were more resilient.

Seoul-chaebol boys have inheritances (a.k.a rich). Only have one exes/even virgin. But their upbringing and family circumstances make them carry a lot of emotional baggages. We as a woman must confess first. Oh I forgot, prepared to be rejected first. If you can play the mom card: get his mum approval first, maybe you can get a push or an insider info. Then proceed to confess again.

Regardless background, all of them are handsome, smart, with sucessful career. Oh, not to forget all can sing and play musical instrument. So girls, who is your style?

There is nothing wrong being a woman who want to be pursued. That's my style, I myself never confess first. But if we loves certain type of man, the only way to make it work is to confess first. So I appreciate Deok Sun who need to be pursued. On the other hand I admire Ji Ho, Najung, and Shiwon, who were such a brave gals that confess first. So I get why to win the heart of Seoul-Chaebol boys pair, we need a pair of badass at heart, who are part of a fierce fandom (Army). It's ironic that Iksun who is a soldier, a real Army, is the one with fragile heart due to the love trauma (she will never pursue first). Ah the meta. Luckily she got the bold Gangwondo boy.

Now what poor Mina gotta do is to play the mom card. I think they'll hit off well. Both are fashionable woman. Imagine them bonding with shopping together. This card is important coz the ex wife will come to the equation. Fighting Bear Mina girl!

Omg. I was just thinking about this the other day. Like everyone else, can't move on ;-)

But I just thought about the 2+2. Two guys confessed and two girls. I didn't think of it this way - city vs country. You've really expressed it very well. 

• Like 4