[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

6 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

You guys have spoiled me - now I want a kinky movie with Ni Ni (would love to see her micro expressions in such a role) and Chang Chen (he is pure animal passion) and healthy script where no one is going through abuse or trauma (and everyone understands consent) - a comedy if possible lol

Ni Ni was a doctor in Savage right? That movie could be like a contemporary mortal world trial for them :joy:

Back to Bai Qian - I don't think she was supposed to be "demure" - she is portrayed as this spirited tomboy - only as Su Su she was shy - so I don't get why she would later act hesitant (when she's back as Bai Qian) - I wasn't sold on her and @Cammy and yes I found it discomforting that she showed no motherly instinct at all in the entire series (some have argued that it's okay she has none - not everyone has to have that motherly love but it would have been good if she did)

lol a kinky movie with Ni Ni....would she do such a role? the only one I saw that was anywhere close was the flowers of war and that was way too sad. 

I think its fine for Bai Qian to have no motherly instinct, but to straight out abandon her own child is a bit much, in that regards, Ye Hua was a better parent. I feel like Bai Qian and SuSu was completely different people.....

at least Ling Xi and Ah Mo is somewhat alike in nature aside from the maturity level which you can argue it was because of age and hardship/being sheltered. and then when she came back, she was a mixture of both version, Bai Qian is honestly not very well written...she completely flip the script each time. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Cammy said:

oh gosh no! lol I know hes married with a kid and everything! 

I thought you meant like his character from that movie and her character, they love each other so much they cross to a different show haha 

Darn, I was almost gonna get out some pen and paper. Woulda made for a page turner, so much angst... guess I'm the only one with questionable morals. :joy:

Just now, Alice_in_a_rabbithole said:

Darn, I was almost gonna get out some pen and paper. Woulda made for a page turner, so much angst... guess I'm the only one with questionable morals. :joy:

in friendship solidarity formed by our love of our sexy uncle and little bird, if you write it, I shall read it. :joy::wub:

2 hours ago, sabinebiene said:

i am quite new to c- and k-dramas, but the awkward kisses were definitly one of the first things i noticed. and yes, it aggrevates me as well.

i just figured, it is more of a cultural thing? the idea of a pure, innocent woman, very shy and very unsure about if she can allow this monstrous thing called lust... better freeze. and stay frozen. ;)

similar to when in the infamous 50 shades of grey, the heroine accidentally stumbles upon a kinky guy and things just develop and really she is in it for her heart and not the orgasms. but if you look deepee, you see, the heroine wants the kinky stuff, the whole audience definitly wants to read/see the kinky stuff, but it is all constructed caregully in a way that allows her to keep her "innocent".

circling back to BQ, i felt it was more about her wanting to portray a shy, passive kisser because thats what the audience wants, not because she couldnt turn up the heat if she wanted to.

so i watched eros/the hand with chang chen. right after the opening music we see him beinf blackmailed into lowering his pants, get a close up of his butt and then his face when he struggles through receiving a hand job. well. very different from L&D ;)

When it comes to sex,  women considered to have only pure feelings (as if lust and need for pleasure are not feelings, pfff)

Women can only seduce, even in hollywood. Dont get me started about these things cause i wont shut up :D

Same old patriarchy story  :phew:

2 hours ago, Cammy said:

you can write fanfic and I would read it haha! 

on another note, maybe they wrote it for him and he really did bring her along because she's good, like  Chen Kun recommended her for the rise of phoenixes with basically a freaking essay

also...where can I find this movie?XD

Dont give her such ideas! Cant you see? She's sharp tongued, ready to burst out, and create a huge fan club of shippers shipping CC and NiNi! There are a lot of people who are thirsty to ship no matter what! Poor man he will suffer!  

:joy::joy: bless you girls  im lmao!

is it just me or do you really want a happy ending now but at the same time does not want it to end? im going to really miss our uncle and little bird :dizzy:

36 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

Dont give her such ideas! Cant you see? She's sharp tongued, ready to burst out, and create a huge fan club of shippers shipping CC and NiNi! There are a lot of people who are thirsty to ship no matter what! Poor man he will suffer!  

honestly....now that it has entered my mind, I can't help but  wanna push her to write this forbidden love and make it saucy! haha 

1 hour ago, Alice_in_a_rabbithole said:

Ah you reminded me a famous line from Marguerite Duras in her: "Hiroshima mon amour".

There's a dialogue that goes like this:

woman: people say that i have questionable morals

man: is that so?

woman: yes.....i always tend to question other people's morals!  (goddess) 

:heart:

If Cammy reads it, then i ll publish it! :joy:

5 minutes ago, Cammy said:

is it just me or do you really want a happy ending now but at the same time does not want it to end? im going to richard simmons our uncle and little bird :dizzy:

honestly....now that it has entered my mind, I can't help but  wanna push her to write this forbidden love and make it saucy! haha 

I couldnt describe it better! I want both a happy ending and a bunch of 20 more episodes at least!

(push her push her, i ll support)

9 hours ago, roxnilla7 said:

Hi, thank you for replying. I can now full heartedly watch this drama on Youtube. The subs are slow though.. Anyone know where else I can watch this with subs?

You're welcome.

Spoiler

I heard that the Facebook page PCCD-back Up (Period, Costume, Contemporary Drama) is subbing it. Last I heard it was on ep 25. I have watched this drama to ep 54 and I really like this drama. Hopefully it will have a great ending. I hope you will like this drama too. Good luck. :blush:

1 hour ago, Sugar doughtnut said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm just feeling sad now that it's going to end :'(

@Alice_in_a_rabbithole Please go ahead with any fanfic of these two lol I don't have issues as long as they are "fiction"  :D

The only issue I have is that people often mistake acting for reality and become too obsessed with shipping in real life and fanatical about it to super unhealthy levels

21 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

I couldnt describe it better! I want both a happy ending and a bunch of 20 more episodes at least!

I support with above condition :D

39 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

When it comes to sex,  women considered to have only pure feelings (as if lust and need for pleasure are not feelings, pfff)

Women can only seduce, even in hollywood. Dont get me started about these things cause i wont shut up :D

Same old patriarchy story  :phew:

And try to dismember this much needed breaking down of "pure" feelings - I'm all in about this 

33 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

Ah you reminded me a famous line from Marguerite Duras in her: "Hiroshima mon amour".

There's a dialogue that goes like this:

woman: people say that i have questionable morals

man: is that so?

woman: yes.....i always tend to question other people's morals!  (goddess) 

:heart:

If Cammy reads it, then i ll publish it! :joy:

lol omg @  Alice please start it with this mini dialogue. you have so many supporters already! 

Vals you're so kind, yes please help push her over the edge for us all haha 

28 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

a conclusion to the story and then 20 fillers bonus episodes of them just loving each other and flirting and taking care of their kid! haha 

maybe Alice can write a fanfic of that too! :joy:

6 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

I'm just feeling sad now that it's going to end :'(

@Alice_in_a_rabbithole Please go ahead with any fanfic of these two lol I don't have issues as long as they are "fiction"  :D

The only issue I have is that people often mistake acting for reality and become too obsessed with shipping in real life and fanatical about it to super unhealthy levels

I support with above condition :D

And try to dismember this much needed breaking down of "pure" feelings - I'm all in about this 

yeah, im a bit tired of this same old line of pure female leads. 

GUYS! 

how great would it be for Ni ni and Chang Chen to be in a modern drama together?! lmao it would be sooooooo good. 

35 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

30 minutes ago, Cammy said:

You guyssss... look what you've done. Can't encourage me like this! the bad ideas are rolling all over the place now!! Last thing I wanna do is ruin Chang Chen's reputation...  :phew:

12 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

Definitely agree. I like a bit of moral ambiguity to my choice of fiction, and it's all fair game as long as you can make that distinction between real life and fantasy.

7 minutes ago, Alice_in_a_rabbithole said:

You guyssss... look what you've done. Can't encourage me like this! the bad ideas are rolling all over the place now!! Last thing I wanna do is ruin Chang Chen's reputation...  :phew:

you're enhancing his fantasy badboy side, its okay! lol......

doooo ittttt.......its gonna be so boring once Friday is over.....DO it we believe in you! lol

10 minutes ago, BaiZiHua said:

If anyone's is interested. Here's an chinese article of director telling us why they choose Chang Chen for the role of Jiu Chen.

https://card.weibo.com/article/m/show/id/2309404405191850983440

I put on the google translate and i got frightened cause of this:

There is also the correspondence between "morning" and "eve". In the morning and evening, it is the most beautiful time of the day, but it will never be together.

:tears:

13 minutes ago, Cammy said:

you're enhancing his fantasy badboy side, its okay! lol......

doooo ittttt.......its gonna be so boring once Friday is over.....DO it we believe in you! lol

I know, Friday is coming, I'm sad about it already... We'll have to figure out some way to cope, won't we. I'm gonna think long and hard about the kind of damage I wanna do with ff :joy:

Archived