[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

1 hour ago, Alice_in_a_rabbithole said:

on a happier note, I WANT THIS SCENE NOW.

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/I2e1o9EKk?fid=1034:4405305455402877

:joy: LX is drunk! Oh my she's a drunk dork! 

I want this scene, followed by a full bed action scene (as much as possible)

a cigarette afterwards and many many many shooting angles to his smile

btw, isn't it a crime to have such a smile?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

:joy: LX is drunk! Oh my she's a drunk dork! 

I want this scene, followed by a full bed action scene (as much as possible)

a cigarette afterwards and many many many shooting angles to his smile

btw, isn't it a crime to have such a smile?

The question is, is she really drunk? Or is girlfriend just pulling some old tricks out of the bag so she can lay some eggs? Don't forget she's a little liar (LX 1.0 has returned) :joy:

2 minutes ago, Alice_in_a_rabbithole said:

The question is, is she really drunk? Or is girlfriend just pulling some old tricks out of the bag so she can lay some eggs? Don't forget she's a little liar (LX 1.0 has returned) :joy:

either way, JC would see no problem in indulging her :joy::joy:
When she starts running towards him - he starts walking rapidly towards her too (probably the closest we'll get to the cliched running towards each other OTP moment :joy:)

2 hours ago, galea said:

I don't know if I'm just not in a mood to watch the episodes properly, but I quite literally skipped through most of the scenes in that Shan Ling place with JX and his lackeys. Honestly, with 4 episodes left, I really don't have the patience to watch 80 minutes of JX and his perpetually constipated expression. :huh:

Hide contents

Strangely, I'm also starting to find LX borderline dull and irritating at times. Like in ep 56, it's slightly beyond me as to why she thought it was appropriate at the time to taunt JC when she literally knew he was having a misunderstanding about her intentions, even though she had just agreed to settle down with him earlier?

I mean, where on earth did this come from all of a sudden? LX: "Why are you looking at me like that? I came here as a guest, but if I'm not going to be served tea, then whatever. Are you thinking of beating me up? I'm telling you, I'm a high god too now, I might not lose to you."

That's great, hun, pretty arrogant and unlikely though, not to mention poor timing to tease someone who looks like he's fuming. I internally cheered a little when his expression turned sour and he rebuked her with a "Even high gods are separated into different ranks". What a disappointing turn on the maturity and improved communication that we were hoping for... :sweatingbullets: Ungrateful lass indeed. 

OMG she is teasing him she's not serious. She's abasolutely not being arrogant.

U know.. I read just now that someone is unhappy about how Ling Xi's character is going...especially after she pull airs with Jiuchen when she came to find him about her rise to the throne. After watching the whole thing...i can conclude that she is just joking and playing with him as Jiuchen is livid.

And for why he is so angry.... i guess as the god of war...jiuchen knows jingxiu is behind this..and to top it off...he was his love rival in lingxi mortal trial...so he wasnt very happy that lingxi takes the throne. She will be stuck there with jingxiu...i would say jiuchen is jealous and that is why he asked her if she knows his heart up till now. Aside from being jealous...he is probably very worry about her safety.

Poor jiuchen cant take a break. He thought after getting lingxi back...it is happy ever after...

3 hours ago, Paw said:

Still stuck in the mortal arc myself but I love reading all your opinions and possible outcomes. The BTSs are hilarious, I would have worked there for free just to see it day to day :D

could anyone explain about Qing Yao's husband in the mortal world please? Was he an immortal being punished or a mortal that was made immortal because he was stuck repeating living there? 

It was a late reveal in the show, audience and Qing Yao first thought that her mortal husband (Sang Nan) is just a mortal, but only in the later episodes it was revealed that he was an immortal going down to the mortal world to experience tribulations in order to advance in his divinity. In the end he came back as a High God (same rank as Yun Feng, Jiu Chen, Ling Xi).

Due to his attempt at trying to make up for the accident he did to cause the Sang Nan to die, Yun Feng had tried to ensure that Sang Nan gets to live many incarnations always without tribulations, living to ripe old age, having loving marriage, high position etc. Yun Feng did it out of good intentions, but he didn't realise that with the absence of trials, Sang Nan was unable to progress in his mortal trial (namely, the Love Trial), and was stuck living in his different incarnations for 50,000 years. I wondered if there is a continuity error though, as it seemed that Yun Feng was kinda acquainted with him (?) when he was still an immortal, but I need to rewatch the scene when he introduced Qing Yao to Sang Nan's mortal form.

Si Ming was ordered by the Heavenly Emperor to investigate on a particular immortal who has been gone for 50,000 years after going to the mortal realm (Sang Nan), and Si Ming used Qing Yao's comb to jolt Sang Nan's memory so that he could successfully experience the Love Trial, die and ascend to the heavens as a High God, like finally. Lol.

3 hours ago, Moon Malan said:

OMG she is teasing him she's not serious. She's abasolutely not being arrogant.

"not to mention poor timing to tease someone who looks like he's fuming." 
Well no, she may not be fully serious because she smiled sheepishly after getting told off, but I still see it as slightly arrogant with how she said it, especially with the way he rebuked her (which sorta shows he isn't appreciating the remark). Also, I only see it this way because I thought the way she handled things when she came back was slightly immature and out of character. This scene just reinforced that for me tbh.

It's fine with me if you don't see it that way lol.

By no means do I find her insufferable though. Still love her as a character, but I was hoping to see a bit more of the original and more considerate LX in her, especially since it seemed as though they'd already made up by that point. Luckily the previews for the next episodes look promising and full of sweetness. 

5 hours ago, Sugar doughtnut said:

Wait the ending for the answer. :joy: i want to know too. Phoenix and dragon will get what form. Maybe peacock because their baby is girl. :phew:  

Well, if Ashes of Love is an example, the baby could be either. 

But it's only the male peacocks that are colourful :lol:As Lingxi seems to love the name, maybe we'll end up with a little Xiao Bai 小白 again. with any luck they'd hatch a Basilisk,  closest thing to a mix (snake and chicken egg?)

My contribution to this lively discussion...

Eros - the hand: Video

BTW since I'm posting here I would like to know how old you guys are if you call Chang Chen uncle!

Nowadays it's very hard for me to find C-dramas since all the leads are so terribly young - looking like boys from high school.

18 minutes ago, taktlos said:

BTW since I'm posting here I would like to know how old you guys are if you call Chang Chen uncle!

Nowadays it's very hard for me to find C-dramas since all the leads are so terribly young - looking like boys from high school.

I'm almost as old as JC! About 40.000 yo! (ok im 40)

:joy:

I think that in China-Korea-Taiwan etc, they call "uncle" an older man than them, even if he is in his 30s and they are 25.

Im not so sure about that, but they have a certain word for such thing. In Korea they have something like "oppa"

9 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

I'm almost as old as JC! About 40.000 yo! (ok im 40)

:joy:

I think that in China-Korea-Taiwan etc, they call "uncle" an older man than them, even if he is in his 30s and they are 25.

Im not so sure about that, but they have a certain word for such thing. In Korea they have something like "oppa"

"Opa" is in German grandfather...

18 hours ago, Alice_in_a_rabbithole said:

He's beautiful in Eros, and you're right - it's a whole different beast. Highly recommended. After watching that caliber of a performance from him, you have to wonder why an actor like that would choose to act in a drama like this. It's not that I'm saying he's too good for it, but actually yes, that is exactly what I'm saying haha. I'm gonna go with the excuse that it's for Ni Ni. He accidentally fell in love with her in Savage and followed her here. :joy:

You're actually almost right.  They approached Chang Chen first, then they approached Ni NI and that's how we have L&D.   They came up with the concept while filming TMOPB.  And they had Chang Chen in mind when they wrote the role of Jiu Chen. 

15 hours ago, Alice_in_a_rabbithole said:

You guyssss... look what you've done. Can't encourage me like this! the bad ideas are rolling all over the place now!! Last thing I wanna do is ruin Chang Chen's reputation...  :phew:

Well.... Chang Chen is not really a popular actor so it may be alright..

8 hours ago, Sugar doughtnut said:
  Hide contents

I get something interesting when they drink in peach forest, someone says about dragon and phoenix if together will make an egg. Everybody laugh. 

Correct me if i wrong... i need translator :tears:

You're right on point. 

1 hour ago, taktlos said:

I’m in my late twenties and do have an uncle who’s around his age, but when I call Chang Chen “sexy uncle” there is nothing respectable about it.  :joy: :naughty:

Making idol drama is less costly and they can recycle the same storyline over and over.  As long as they have cute actors or actresses, people still tune in. I think adapted dramas are more popular in china than original script.  Older actors/actresses tend to be in serious drama which sometime can be very dramatic. These are based on my observation.  Trying to find a good c-drama is almost the same of trying to find a needle in a haystack.

He's definitely around my uncle's age LOL! :D

I agree, even though there are some fantastic young actors/actresses out there, there are few that come to mind who I think can do as good a job as Chang Chen at exuding the intensity and gravitas befitting a god of war. 

Archived