[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

Totally understand everyone's feelings on the two episodes. Indeed she had loads on her plate. She got a triple promotion, she needs to adjust from her mortal Lin Mo and herself. She had matured because of the trials she went through. Just think her whole body and mind need to readjust to her new self. As Qing Yao explained most nicely, Ling Xi's mortal self Lin Mo had undergone a terrible death and the transition to overcome that will take some time hence Qing Yao told Jiu Chen to give her some time. Jiu Chen himself had never undergone a mortal realm trial himself. It was a nice touch that Jiu Chen told Qing Yao to make better used of her talent in medicine to help others rather than mopping around Yun Feng's stone figurine. Nice advice to his sister in law.

In the many preview I have translated, Ling Xi never once blamed Jiu Chen for anything. She is dealing the roller coaster of emotions herself. In the end, she had make a clear line that she is now Ling Xi and not Lin Mo as she knew how Jing Xiu felt for Lin Mo. She knew she cannot return Jing Xiu's feelings because she does not like Jing Xiu hence she is uncomfortable when he is in her company.

Happy to see Wu Wan/Xiao Bai at her side in his huge form. He still act as if he that little puppy around her.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Vals Stor said:

I don't "blame" her, but the director, for not giving enough clues so her transformation would be smoother for the audience.

They could balance her behavior so to not seem awkward.

There are things that the audience can and should assume and things that the director can explain better so to let the story go on

in a more accurate way, without perplexing the characters or take away their main core.

From today's episodes, i could hardly recognize LX, not because i cant figure out her feelings and understand her, but because it wasnt shown! On the other hand, there were many useless scenes, for example, the scene when JC sneezes lasted about 5 min or so? 

Of course i dont have the subs to know what they were talking about, but i dont think the guys there mentioned something that serious

that should last sooooooo long!

Let's see how it goes tomorrow. I sooooo hope they wont ruin it now that's going towards the ending!:unsure:

I think her behavior have a lot to do with having lived two different lives  and now everything has changed so much for her, so I can  see why she would react the way she did. I think she got to a point where she realize she should have more personal responsibility and be her own  person instead of relying so much on  him, so maybe that contribute to her running away a bit. she said she wanted to be a useful  person to him so  he wouldn't get hurt all the time protecting her. which make sense why she wanna find herself first. though the way she went about  it may be abrupt, she is trying to establish herself in her kingdom too, so thats another issue. 

the sneezing part, I thought was funny because he sneezed because she was talking about him (as people believe that you sneeze when people are talking about  you), and the guys were talking about just that.

im sure their relationship will be on better footing tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

Totally understanding everyone's feelings on the two episodes. Indeed she had loads on her plate. She got a triple promotion, she needs to adjust from her mortal Lin Mo and herself. She had matured because of the trials she went through. Just think her whole body and mind need to readjust to her new self. As Qing Yao explained most nicely, Ling Xi's mortal self Lin Mo had undergone a terrible death and the transition to overcome that will take some time hence Qing Yao told Jiu Chen to give her some time. Jiu Chen himself had never undergone a mortal realm trial himself. It was a nice touch that Jiu Chen told Qing Yao to make better used of her talent in medicine to help others rather than mopping around Yun Feng's stone figurine. Nice advice to his sister in law.

In the many preview I have translated, Ling Xi never once blamed Jiu Chen for anything. She is dealing the roller coaster of emotions herself. In the end, she had make a clear line that she is now Ling Xi and not Lin Mo as she knew how Jing Xiu felt for Lin Mo. She knew she cannot return Jing Xiu's feelings because she does not like Jing Xiu hence she is uncomfortable when he is in her company.

Happy to see Wu Wan/Xiao Bai at her side in his huge form. He still act as if he that little puppy around her.

very nicely put. exactly what I am thinking haha. 

she didn't have a lot of time to process her feelings, it made sense for her to find time to herself away from him to do that. especially because a lot of those feelings had stem from her being with him in the first place. 

she had grown up in such a short period and assumed so much  responsibility at once, it would make sense to be a bit out of place.

17 minutes ago, Cammy said:

ahh valid points haha (can I just say, thanks for being so civilized? usually people who so jump down the throat of people who doesn't agree on some points with them by now lol) 

Oh hahaha, likewise, and thank you for the interesting discussion! :lol: 

25 minutes ago, Cammy said:

I agree, they did turn her rather quick as far as her wanting to make her own decisions goes. I have quite a limited understanding of the language so we shall see more when subs comes out. but like you said, the new LX is a mixture of her immature outspoken self and her mortal self which has gone through quite a bit so maybe its not too off. her feeling like she  doesn't match him and her frustration about not being in control of her own life probably bubbled over and met its boiling point. not to mention the writer needed a quick way to move their relationship along a bit more. 

It does seem like her coldness is just a phase because the next trailers look really sweet. I'm hoping that this drama will break the trend of rushed endings in c-dramas :sweatingbullets:. I think some people were seeing this new turn in her attitude as some extra angst for the sake of it, and there's really no time for that in 10 episodes...

28 minutes ago, Cammy said:

its the little things but im  sure in the next 2 episodes, they will work it all out!

If they get more than 5 minutes of on-screen time together, i'm sure they will :joy: *fingers crossed*

7 minutes ago, galea said:

Oh hahaha, likewise, and thank you for the interesting discussion! :lol: 

It does seem like her coldness is just a phase because the next trailers look really sweet. I'm hoping that this drama will break the trend of rushed endings in c-dramas :sweatingbullets:. I think some people were seeing this new turn in her attitude as some extra angst for the sake of it, and there's really no time for that in 10 episodes...

If they get more than 5 minutes of on-screen time together, i'm sure they will :joy: *fingers crossed*

likewise! I like this drama a lot more than I thought I would, mainly because I think NiNi Chang Chen are phenomenal actors with amazing chemistry (I mean, his every little subtle expression, her emotional delivery, ugh need I say more?) 

I was thinking that they could have really  either add 2 r 3 more episodes, or cut a few ep from the mortal arc for the last arc but we got what we got so im choosing to trust that they won't do us dirty lol. although I am nervous. 

judging from the trailer, they worked things out in the next two episodes, especially when she said she had never stopped loving him and for him to wait for her, I swooned lmao. 

JC could do with a little bit of torture to win his girl  back  lol. he let her chase after him for too long, so he just gotta return the favor now that they are both aware lol....

35 minutes ago, Cammy said:

likewise! I like this drama a lot more than I thought I would, mainly because I think NiNi Chang Chen are phenomenal actors with amazing chemistry (I mean, his every little subtle expression, her emotional delivery, ugh need I say more?) 

I was thinking that they could have really  either add 2 r 3 more episodes, or cut a few ep from the mortal arc for the last arc but we got what we got so im choosing to trust that they won't do us dirty lol. although I am nervous. 

judging from the trailer, they worked things out in the next two episodes, especially when she said she had never stopped loving him and for him to wait for her, I swooned lmao. 

JC could do with a little bit of torture to win his girl  back  lol. he let her chase after him for too long, so he just gotta return the favor now that they are both aware lol....

Which trailer do you speak of? Could you please post a link? 

Agree with all the comments here lol 

3 hours ago, galea said:

Yeah maybe "hate" is a bit strong. 

Ah, no that's fair. Except, as you said, she didn't keep that mentality of wanting to face things on her own because she chose to trust him in the end. And in that situation where her sister was injured and her adoptive dad was killed, the only person she could rely on to survive was JC, and she knew he would help her as he clearly accepted her feelings by that point. But if decision-making was such a huge thing to her at the time before her maturation, as she is making it out to be now, then why did she not ask about what he was going to do? I just don't think it's a good justification at this moment in time to be cold and distant. It would be more believable if she was simply angry because he decided to say nothing and she had to go through that emotional turmoil before her first death. But to be angry because she didn't get to decide? That honestly sounds a bit forced. It doesn't sound like the Ling Xi before the trials.

Yeah, I think the vagueness was just there for the extra angst later LOL. Sadistic writers... :lol:

Oh, yeah, the change defo happened after she had that flashback/dream. I wouldn't be surprised if she's traumatised or, like she said, tired. I just thought they would talk it out, as LX was portrayed as a straightforward character that wears her heart on her sleeve from the very beginning. I guess this new habit of hiding her feelings is Lin Mo's influence on her, but it's only exclusive to JC, as she seemingly has no problem saying what she thinks to her sister. :sweatingbullets:

I think this is the major culprit - they wanted to do two things I guess - LX adjusted to her new life and powers and JC bereft of her and for the latter to happen - he has to go through this "trial" lol although I'm not okay with it as well after what they have gone through, etc.

I remember, it was a bit abrupt when JC started showing feelings for LX as well (in the starting episodes) - the plotting seems to have a few glitches here and there.

LX just went through a major system update guys, she was a small bird earlier and now she's a big and mighty phoenix - the triple rank promotion isn't any easy thing to handle - and while it's unhealthy behaviour to be cold to the person you actually love - given what's happening to her - I give her a pass (although I'd want to know what she told him before leaving him) I think it's the circumstances more than either of them to blame but it drives JC to pursuing her so I'm okay lol 

But yes, very disappointed for the lack of OTP moments in ep 51-52

3 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

I believe he have enough wandering in his own house, he went straight to San Ling. Probably sending a "sick" Shi San as an excuse. Reducing Wu Wan size maybe to a lovable pet size. 

:D he finally decides to take action - lol - I think this is the first time in his life - he is left to deal with consequences of someone else making the decision for him (LX leaving him that is)

48 minutes ago, Cammy said:

While I think he went through enough during the LX mortal arc - I do want him to do things he would never otherwise have done lol 

sorry for spamming 

37 minutes ago, Alice_in_a_rabbithole said:

Which trailer do you speak of? Could you please post a link? 

its the last one for 53 54 I think. I don't have a link for it, it should be a few pages back from last week. 

27 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

While I think he went through enough during the LX mortal arc - I do want him to do things he would never otherwise have done lol 

sorry for spamming 

I agree he went through quite a bit haha. 

but I think they're trying to make him open up for real with the now fully realized LX so they can be equal in partnership and that takes a few swing at his ego for it to happen lol. 

because Ling Mo was comfortable with calling him by his name and Ling Xi 2.0 is not, so she gotta feel like he really really is in it. 

I do adore vulnerable GoW though, he's so tough but so sensitive when it come to his little silly bird lol 

48 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

it's the same trailer from ep 51-56 I think

Shucks. That scene of her telling him that she still loves him isn't until 56 I think. That means 4 more episodes of this "heartless woman" that neither JC or I recognize, LMAO.

I'm really trying to be on the same page with most of you. I feel you all when you talk about her current fragile mental state. I'm also all on board about her growing up. And I hear your arguments for why she's chosen to remove herself from JC. It all makes sense. I actually think it's the healthy and right thing for her to do, it's just the way they are showing her doing it - if it's meant to indicate "maturity", it's far from it. This is not what healthy love looks like. It's unnecessary angst, you called it. And I hate that we can spot it so easily. If this new-and-improved LX is truly a grown woman, she'd state her grounds, tell her man exactly what she's thinking, what she needs to do for herself, what all that entails, and then go do it whether he likes it or not. Being mature is being honest. None of this vagueness that's obviously tormenting him - the one person she's loved enough to have given her life away to twice already. Communication, people, why is it so hard to incorporate into a show that's directed towards young women?? They're gonna end up thinking this is how love is supposed to work. IT'S NOT. Some of you say that JC deserves it, that it's satisfying to see him keep pining and chasing after her because before (when he hadn't realized his feelings yet), he acted cold and reserved towards her. Isn't that a little petty in the setting of the profound love we've been led on to believe thus far? Or even the argument that he deserves this because he was making all the decisions without telling her and caused her to die. Yooooo, pause on that, he did it to save her. Without him she'd be used and abuse by a demon and then left for dead. Does he need a good talking to about how to communicate effectively? Absolutely. The LAST thing you should do to make sure somebody knows their lack of communication was wrong, is to NOT communicate. To conclude, I just think that if this is the direction the writers are taking with LX, I won't acknowledge that it makes her mature. Wrong word. Just another variation of immature.

(Sorry for the vent, and sorry if I offend anyone. I know we're only 2 episodes into arc 3 but i'm already seeing things head south from here. Let's hope they prove me wrong big time.)

8 episode left, how this 8 episode left make my heart calm:mellow:

- where my OTP romance moments.

- after Ling Xi back, she busy at shanling to solve her mother problem

- after mother problem solve, demon king is come back. She and Jiu Chen will separate a while maybe... 

How at 8 episode left can solve this problem. I think less romance more battle. Romance just like side story or writter just make 15 minute romance moments before ending.  :blink:

38 minutes ago, Alice_in_a_rabbithole said:

Shucks. That scene of her telling him that she still loves him isn't until 56 I think. That means 4 more episodes of this "heartless woman" that neither JC or I recognize, LMAO.

I'm really trying to be on the same page with most of you. I feel you all when you talk about her current fragile mental state. I'm also all on board about her growing up. And I hear your arguments for why she's chosen to remove herself from JC. It all makes sense. I actually think it's the healthy and right thing for her to do, it's just the way they are showing her doing it - if it's meant to indicate "maturity", it's far from it. This is not what healthy love looks like. It's unnecessary angst, you called it. And I hate that we can spot it so easily. If this new-and-improved LX is truly a grown woman, she'd state her grounds, tell her man exactly what she's thinking, what she needs to do for herself, what all that entails, and then go do it whether he likes it or not. Being mature is being honest. None of this vagueness that's obviously tormenting him - the one person she's loved enough to have given her life away to twice already. Communication, people, why is it so hard to incorporate into a show that's directed towards young women?? They're gonna end up thinking this is how love is supposed to work. IT'S NOT. Some of you say that JC deserves it, that it's satisfying to see him keep pining and chasing after her because before (when he hadn't realized his feelings yet), he acted cold and reserved towards her. Isn't that a little petty in the setting of the profound love we've been led on to believe thus far? Or even the argument that he deserves this because he was making all the decisions without telling her and caused her to die. Yooooo, pause on that, he did it to save her. Without him she'd be used and abuse by a demon and then left for dead. Does he need a good talking to about how to communicate effectively? Absolutely. The LAST thing you should do to make sure somebody knows their lack of communication was wrong, is to NOT communicate. To conclude, I just think that if this is the direction the writers are taking with LX, I won't acknowledge that it makes her mature. Wrong word. Just another variation of immature.

(Sorry for the vent, and sorry if I offend anyone. I know we're only 2 episodes into arc 3 but i'm already seeing things head south from here. Let's hope they prove me wrong big time.)

I totally understand your venting and you have rightly summarised the major issue - and in the trailer we do see JC explicitly telling her - you did this to me, take responsibility - that is decent communication (from his side).

LX is not completely mature at this point, in my opinion. She looks tired and worn out from all her experiences but she is not fully mature.  I don't expect her to be a healthy communicator of her feelings immediately. She is still grappling with her own things (tragic deaths, supposed betrayals, helplessness, yada yada) - profound love, yes, that part is there. But there are many variations of love - it's okay to show the petty part as well - that humanises the characters maybe? - so that we see them fight these "petty" things and lay a stronger foundation? (try to imagine a teenager going through all this and still being expected to be mature and communicate her feelings which she herself doesn't understand) 

yeah - that part when she talks about her plans related to her mother seems to be ep 56 - when are they going to get married and have that baby girl - I don't want passing moments 

@Cammy about him being sensitive to her - I think LX 1.0 was like a pet - Amo was more mature but she has her issues (always being abandoned by the ones she loves - it affects her a lot) - LX 2.0 is not someone he can bend that easily (compared to LX 1.0 who would do just about anything for him) - so that's good :D 

37 minutes ago, Alice_in_a_rabbithole said:

I get your frustration. but she did talk to him before she left though, she told him she needed time. 

I know they are only characters, but she is allow to feel how she feel. 

she can't just drop everything for a guy again like she has. if she does that, there wouldn't be a growth that young women can look up  to either. its not conventionally healthy its true, but its healthy FOR her, to grow into her own.

her main thing was, she needed to feel secure in herself, only then will she feel secure in their relationship. she  wanna be worthy of him and thats a pretty big growth for a love sick young women who was willing  to die twice for a man and unconditionally do everything for him. 

maybe JC doesn't deserve to feel so lonely seeing her walk away,  but she didn't say she'd  walk away for good. 

and she was grateful for him saving her, she said so as much, she just didn't want him to suffer so much for her and she doesn't want that to happen again, which is a part of the reason why she left. 

and  lastly,  its drama, gotta  have some angst, its not perfect but it works haha. 

14 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

I totally understand your venting and you have rightly summarised the major issue - and in the trailer we do see JC explicitly telling her - you did this to me, take responsibility - that is decent communication (from his side).

LX is not completely mature at this point, in my opinion. She looks tired and worn out from all her experiences but she is not fully mature.  I don't expect her to be a healthy communicator of her feelings immediately. She is still grappling with her own things (tragic deaths, supposed betrayals, helplessness, yada yada) - profound love, yes, that part is there. But there are many variations of love - it's okay to show the petty part as well - that humanises the characters maybe? - so that we see them fight these "petty" things and lay a stronger foundation? (try to imagine a teenager going through all this and still being expected to be mature and communicate her feelings which she herself doesn't understand) 

yeah - that part when she talks about her plans related to her mother seems to be ep 56 - when are they going to get married and have that baby girl - I don't want passing moments 

@Cammy about him being sensitive to her - I think LX 1.0 was like a pet - Amo was more mature but she has her issues (always being abandoned by the ones she loves - it affects her a lot) - LX 2.0 is not someone he can bend that easily (compared to LX 1.0 who would do just about anything for him) - so that's good :D 

speaking of pettiness, she said so herself in  ep 11 or something that she's a bird, and birds are petty lol. so maybe she is  being petty. she's pretty justified in my opinion....

I don't think her mother will be around for long....she's  gonna be killed isn't she? 

He's always been pretty indulgent of her since the beginning, and I think thats pretty endearing. he never expresses it but he was definitely always making sure she's happy, even when it was inconvenient for him. but like they all said, LX is pretty adorable, its hard to say no to such a face. and then with AhMo, he's full of guilt for putting her  through the trials so he tried so damn hard to give as much happiness as he could while he still can. 

and then LX 2.0 is a mind field for him lmao. 

33 minutes ago, Cammy said:

I get your frustration. but she did talk to him before she left though, she told him she needed time. 

I know they are only characters, but she is allow to feel how she feel. 

she can't just drop everything for a guy again like she has. if she does that, there wouldn't be a growth that young women can look up  to either. its not conventionally healthy its true, but its healthy FOR her, to grow into her own.

her main thing was, she needed to feel secure in herself, only then will she feel secure in their relationship. she  wanna be worthy of him and thats a pretty big growth for a love sick young women who was willing  to die twice for a man and unconditionally do everything for him. 

maybe JC doesn't deserve to feel so lonely seeing her walk away,  but she didn't say she'd  walk away for good. 

and she was grateful for him saving her, she said so as much, she just didn't want him to suffer so much for her and she doesn't want that to happen again, which is a part of the reason why she left. 

and  lastly,  its drama, gotta  have some angst, its not perfect but it works haha. 

Well, we are all watching the same show but not at the same time ya know. Everybody interprets things differently. You do make some good points. And like I've already said, I think the direction of LX's motives are correct, and I do think she is allowed to feel how she feels. That's not what I'm objecting at all. I just don't prefer the way she's conveying it to JC. I'm definitely not expecting her to drop everything for him, you misunderstand my point completely. We are on the same page about that. If indeed the writers are trying to convey that she is still immature, then so be it. Maybe I've just been reading too many comments of people labeling this as maturity, which triggers me to say it's not. 

Archived