[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

15 minutes ago, stn5 said:

from https://www.instagram.com/woodohwan1992/

My Jo Yeong theory. (cto)

Yeong’s destiny is to die. In this timeline. LG thinks that he will break the loop by letting his younger self fend for himself and die, and he is correct. The flute cannot be cut in half in order to save the world. This time, LG will arrive earlier and get the flute before it is ever cut, which could result in 8 year old LG dying, and our LG being wiped from existence.

Yeong would never allow that. Since he was 4, his duty has been to protect the past, present, and future Lee Gon. Remember episode 1? National tragedy, extreme security for the King because the murderers are still out there, Buyeong couldn’t even inquire on his health in case it was seen as a political attack. It was a time of terror in the Kingdom.

But Jo Yeong, who is just the son of a General, was allowed to basically walk around and bother LG. He was allowed to give him an untasted snack, walk around as he pleased, including the palace and the King’s own rooms. Lady Noh, so strict and careful, allowed it because it was all “a part of the plan”. What PLAN? What plan would allow a 4 year old to become the bodyguard of an 8 year old with swords pointed at him from all sides?

A plan where Lady Noh in 1994 stayed with 2020 Jo Yeong while he took his last breath protecting his King. LG may have no interest in saving his own richard simmons anymore, but Yeong would never let him die. NEVER. I bet that Yeong takes that fatal shot for the Prince and Lady Noh finds him when she arrives on the scene. He proves to her with his life that he will be Lee Gon’s greatest protecter, and that is why she placed him there from the start. He is literally the unbreakable sword, protecting all past, present, and future iterations of LG in any time and place. When the danger is over, when the evil is defeated and the King is safe, our 2020 Jo Yeong, the unbreakable sword, will finally be broken.

We will still have a new Jo Yeong in 2020. The 4 year old in 1994 will no longer have to be a human shield for the king, he can pursue his own happiness. By choose his own destiny, 2020 Yeong freed the new 1994 Yeong

WHAT

HAHAGGAGAAGAGGADVHFKFF

I WROTE THAT ON FACEBOOK HAHAHAH

oh my god I can’t believe it my rambling bs went from here to Facebook then to Instagram and now BACK HERE HAHAHA

• Like 1
  • LOL 20
  • Awesome 1

30 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@vangsweetie637 HAHAHHA I just died... I made a JY creation but um :naughty:

####################

@Kdramatic HAHAH I made something........ @koreaboooo @Alice Wonderland saw it, but it might be too hot to handle here hahahahahhahha:joy:

wait..what??? A JY creation was already in the making?!! Lol, are you afraid us LMHoes/WDHoes can’t handle it?? 

ME: I can handle it..

tenor.gif

:joy: :tounge_xd:

29 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

Can confirm. Not safe for children. At least it looks tasty? :joy:

Whoa..Tasty?!! Not safe for children? Okay. I have upgraded from just being a big kid.

Me:

c5db6d097c1e528de61015c1825f1eac7f7c0fce

:lol:

But please rvsp it for me. I am going to bed already since it’s late here :D :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

19 minutes ago, stn5 said:

Yeong’s destiny is to die. In this timeline. LG thinks that he will break the loop by letting his younger self fend for himself and die, and he is correct. The flute cannot be cut in half in order to save the world. This time, LG will arrive earlier and get the flute before it is ever cut, which could result in 8 year old LG dying, and our LG being wiped from existence.

Yeong would never allow that. Since he was 4, his duty has been to protect the past, present, and future Lee Gon. Remember episode 1? National tragedy, extreme security for the King because the murderers are still out there, Buyeong couldn’t even inquire on his health in case it was seen as a political attack. It was a time of terror in the Kingdom.

But Jo Yeong, who is just the son of a General, was allowed to basically walk around and bother LG. He was allowed to give him an untasted snack, walk around as he pleased, including the palace and the King’s own rooms. Lady Noh, so strict and careful, allowed it because it was all “a part of the plan”. What PLAN? What plan would allow a 4 year old to become the bodyguard of an 8 year old with swords pointed at him from all sides?

A plan where Lady Noh in 1994 stayed with 2020 Jo Yeong while he took his last breath protecting his King. LG may have no interest in saving his own richard simmons anymore, but Yeong would never let him die. NEVER. I bet that Yeong takes that fatal shot for the Prince and Lady Noh finds him when she arrives on the scene. He proves to her with his life that he will be Lee Gon’s greatest protecter, and that is why she placed him there from the start. He is literally the unbreakable sword, protecting all past, present, and future iterations of LG in any time and place. When the danger is over, when the evil is defeated and the King is safe, our 2020 Jo Yeong, the unbreakable sword, will finally be broken.

We will still have a new Jo Yeong in 2020. The 4 year old in 1994 will no longer have to be a human shield for the king, he can pursue his own happiness. By choose his own destiny, 2020 Yeong freed the new 1994 Yeong

I love this writeup. I wish the show gave more time to Yeong's character development. His character has been very 1 dimensional and it's all about the king. We did see his soft side when he hugged ES and that was a really pleasant surprise.  I would also have loved to see more of Yeong and LG's bromance. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

OH MY GOD 

Okay so long story short I was in a very extra mood and wrote that tripe on Saturday cus I was very dramatic and mourning the loss of my SJ/LG blast to the past

And then I had to turn off notifications cus I got annoyed and really was just ranting 

WTF 

its CIRCULATING

I will KES to pay me for the advertising I brought to the show, I will take a shower scene, NC17 scene, or send me the Ep early to share with my friends 

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
  • Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, Heilo said:

If such an ending ever becomes reality KES is in denger

This is me and KES

Between the original FB post, the reposts, and whatever the heck is happening to the IG page, you’ve got an army coming to murder me if it happens

If I had known it was going to circulate I would’ve FIXED THE TYPOS 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 8

8 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

WHAT

HAHAGGAGAAGAGGADVHFKFF

oh my god I can’t believe it my rambling bs went from here to Facebook then to Instagram and now BACK HERE HAHAHA

It's really thoughtful by the way. I voted yeong dies too (albeit with a broken heart). Somebody in the forum said, that somehow someone needs to die to give some impact to the change of timeline. And it kinda resonates with me. Who else other than yeong that would give such impact after his words before they entered the portal. At the end of the 15th episode, this gloom that I felt regarding yeong and his words do not go away. :bawling:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, AquariusMY said:

I have about 20 pages to catch up on but since we are close to the final episode, I have some obvious questions to clarify:

1. Why is Lee Rim sometimes referred to as Lee Lim? Is it just a matter of interchangeable English translation? 

In Korean the R and L sound are interchangeable, but basically it's this letter “ㄹ”. It sounds like a r and l combined.

Honestly, I still do not understand what happened to PM Koo's mother? Was she swapped or was she just in danger and smart enough to answer her daughter with a wrong answer signalling she is in danger?

I think she was swapped. He said he have sent hell to LG and PM and it showed the news of Su Jin dead, then PM trying to call her mom. It seems pretty implied her mom died as well. 

When JTE saw PM Koo in ROK, was that her doppelganger or was it really PM Koo herself disguising as her doppelganger? Which means, she had already killed the doppelganger?

That was PM pretending to be her doppelganger. We see her wearing the shoes she bought later on. Her doppelganger already died.

What is the deal with the 2G phone(s)? Besides being a device for Lee Lim to contact the doppelgangers, any other significance?

That was the only significance.

Out of curiosity, why do you all not wish the plot to reset and Lee Ji Hun surfaced? Is it because he could then be a threat to LG & JTE's relationship? 

We don't mind if he came back. We just don't want him to end up with JTE because he's not LG. We don't want a lazy ending where KES would just ship LJH with JTE just because LJH looks like LG.

Another non TKEM related question, I noticed during shooting of scenes, all the production crew are there and in fact, in the space of the camera view. Does it mean there must be a lot of high technology filtering done to remove these people during the editing process?

They don't need that much work to remove background crews. They just need a base image of the background without people and then crop and replace where background people are.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Between the original FB post, the reposts, and whatever the heck is happening to the IG page, you’ve got an army coming to murder me if it happens

If I had known it was going to circulate I would’ve FIXED THE TYPOS 

Hahaha i was immersed in the write up.nobody cares about them typos. If any spelling bee or grammar nazis do come to tear up, you have me as the unbreakable sword:angry:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

47 minutes ago, stn5 said:

After reading it properly its not a bad ending because i stopped reading at the king vanishes from existence first time i read but glad that i re-read and finished the theory 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

28 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

WHAT

HAHAGGAGAAGAGGADVHFKFF

What in the world did you real penned that? Congrats I am happy for you and seems like you got some low-level fame in the process

• Like 1
  • LOL 13

2 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

What in the world did you real penned that? Congrats I am happy for you and seems like you got some low-level fame in the process

I was bored and being super extra on Saturday morning and just put in on FB in the TKEM group and walked away hahaha 

And then I had to break up an argument yesterday cus someone reposted it and another person got offended and I’m like...I already forgot about this until I got tagged so who even cares.  But then I looked and apparently it kind of blew up?  There were also a few people who wanted me beheaded.

i wouldn’t mind a beheading in the shower

• Like 1
  • LOL 13

14 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I was bored and being super extra on Saturday morning and just put in on FB in the TKEM group and walked away hahaha 

And then I had to break up an argument yesterday cus someone reposted it and another person got offended and I’m like...I already forgot about this until I got tagged so who even cares.  But then I looked and apparently it kind of blew up?  There were also a few people who wanted me beheaded.

i wouldn’t mind a beheading in the shower

Hahahaha. I didnt even finish reading it first time i just saw the king disappears that was enough for me but i gave it second chance and saw that is not that bad of an ending 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

Whats going on? I recall posting a photo from Instagram.. Where is it hiding now?

Time travel. Looks like someone went back to the past and made changes which affected the present. Result: you never posted the Instagram update. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

44 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

wait..what??? A JY creation was already in the making?!! Lol, are you afraid us LMHoes/WDHoes can’t handle it?? 

ME: I can handle it..

:joy: :tounge_xd:

Whoa..Tasty?!! Not safe for children? Okay. I have upgraded from just being a big kid.

@vangsweetie637 @Kdramatic HAHAHAHH ILL DM YOU GUYS HAHAHAHHAHAHA:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I have a question

Soooo if Koo Eun A just recently died, and her mother has been brought over to KOC to mess with the PM

Maybe we can see fake grieving mom chop her?

At this point - might as well just take turns one by one like a piñata 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4