nellhouse_jk.jpg

Official website - http://www.nellhouse.com
넬 Nell

KimJongWan.jpg
Kim Jong-wan - Vocals, Guitar, Keyboard
Born: December 24, 1980
The very talented: Kim Jong Wan 깅종완
Birthdate: 12/24/1980 (Christmas Eve)
Personality: 평소에 온순하나 술 마시면 무섭게 돌변한다. (Usually calm but transforms into a scary person after drinking)
Hobbies: Watching movies
School: 한영외국어고등학교, 단국대학교 일본어과 중퇴 (Korean/English international high school, Dan-gook College, Japanese Major Drop out)
Nickname: 폭탄 맞은 어설픈 차태현 (Cha Tae Hyun who got hit by a bomb (ChaTaeHyun is a korean actor))
Motto: 열심히 아주 재미있게 살자. (To live zealously a very fun life)

JaeKyung.jpg

Lee Jae-kyung - Lead guitar
Born: May 13, 1980

JungHoon.jpg

Lee Jung-hoon - Bass guitar
Born: November 11, 1980

JaeWon.jpg

Jung Jae-won - Drums
Born: August 4, 1980

nellhouse_jh.jpg

Nell is a South Korean indie rock band, named after an Academy Award nominated film, Nell. Formed in 1999, the band consists of Kim Jong-wan on vocals, guitar and keyboard, Lee Jae-kyung on lead guitar, Lee Jung-hoon on bass guitar and Jung Jae-won on drum. While performing at live clubs in Hongdae, they were picked up by Seo Tai-ji, and soon became the first band of Goesoo Indigene record label in 2002. In 2006, the band decided to finish their contract with Goesoo Indigene and they are currently signed with WOOLLIM Entertainment. The band is heavily influenced by numerous British bands such as Radiohead, Placebo, Travis, and Muse. They also performed number of covers of Muse, Coldplay, Sting, and Bob Dylan during their gigs. Nell has participated in both 2006 and 2007 Pentaport Rock Festival of South Korea, where Placebo and Muse also performed each year. The band is known for their gloomy and psychedelic sound, and gained their fame with tracks like “Stay” from Let It Rain, “Thank You” from Walk Through Me Good Night from Healing Process and “기억을 걷는 시간” from Separation Anxiety. Their 2006 album 'Healing Process' was chosen as one of five best recordings of the year among critics of South Korea. Nell's 2008 album "Separation Anxiety" was a hit in South Korea, ranking No.1 in various album charts.

nell3.jpg

Full credit for discography -

Click on image
nellhouse_jwon.jpg
nellhouse_jw.jpg

기억을 걷는 시간 MV (Time to remove memories): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h0UVNAoe5c...feature=related
Yoon Do Hyun's Love Letter Interview subbed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxx81JF_SYU

nell05xp6dy0.th.jpgnell2cu2.th.jpgsoidlove28ninijkbs7.th.jpg nell11dg0.th.jpgnell4kt8.th.jpg

Info, links and photos collated by: 80slitenite FLY HIGHHH More photos: Uploaded by: rinkymoon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest indieROK

Welcome B)

I think if you hang around here a little bit you may find that Nell aren't "one of the few" after all. They might not even be that "notable"!

Anyway, here's an article on Nell: looks like they're planning to enter the Japanese market:

Article Link

"Japanese major record companies who watched Nell’s performance said that very unique and special emotions that they had never seen before are dissolved in Nell’s music..." :P

Actually, if you like Nell, I recommend this band called Mot (못): Link...

Kinda similar, but IMO better.

I LOVE MOT!!!!!!!!! They are much better then Nell...Sorry Heffy lol

Guest biteme_lestat

Welcome B)

I think if you hang around here a little bit you may find that Nell aren't "one of the few" after all. They might not even be that "notable"!

Anyway, here's an article on Nell: looks like they're planning to enter the Japanese market:

Article Link

"Japanese major record companies who watched Nell’s performance said that very unique and special emotions that they had never seen before are dissolved in Nell’s music..." :P

Thanks! Will definitely give 'em a listen :)

Guest uiyoltan

Mot is really good, but it's really soft-ballad type of rock. It's depressing to listen to their songs is what I'm saying... and I think Mot has only one album out.

Now Nell... I have only listened to their song "thank you", and I must say it was quite good. I am considering getting their albums. Yeah to tell you the truth I prefer the singer of Nell's voice over the singer of Mot's voice.

As for entering the Japanese market... I don't know is that the thing to do in Korea nowadays? Oh well I hope that they become successful.

Guest dekadoggy

I remember back when the 4th album was coming out... they had a video up on their website in Japan and they came across a Japanese fan... I bet she'd be happy that they're entering the Japanese market. I am too

Guest HeffyEnd

I LOVE MOT!!!!!!!!! They are much better then Nell...Sorry Heffy lol

Well I don't even know who Mot is. Surprise, surprise, right? XP

I love Nell though >_>

I think Mot has only one album out.

Ya, one album but they've been on....2 OSTs I believe

I think is great. Nell is okay if I listen to them a song at a time. Listening to their albums are boring, it doesnt flow well and the music doesnt change much. I feel Mot's album is better then any of Nell's.

Well I don't even know who Mot is. Surprise, surprise, right? XP

You pain in the butt...I know ive posted Mot on Pop Culture Forums before. Ill send you one of their songs

If anyone else wants to hear Mot you can PM me

Guest helikoppter

Ya, one album but they've been on....2 OSTs I believe

Oh! I didn't know... One new song and a Love Song remix on the Some OST... Have to check that out! (Thanks for making me aware ^^)

Mot's album was definitly my favorite from last year - I played it nonstop all that summer!

biteme_lestat, you might also wanna check out Peterpan Complex. They're more similiar to Nell than Mot, though not as good as the later :P

thanks to anrui for the mot song... and i listened to it like .... 5 times now.... and i liikke ittttt!!!

but i like nell more.... (i have heard only one song of mot tho) but i like.. the singer in nell's voice more just because its sooo unique and... squeeky.. haha

Guest biteme_lestat

Oh! I didn't know... One new song and a Love Song remix on the Some OST... Have to check that out! (Thanks for making me aware ^^)

Mot's album was definitly my favorite from last year - I played it nonstop all that summer!

biteme_lestat, you might also wanna check out Peterpan Complex. They're more similiar to Nell than Mot, though not as good as the later :P

Thanks! I've been hearing a lot about Peterpan Complex from my friends too, I'm looking forward to hearing their stuff :)