[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

@MairaA @Alice Wonderland Guess who rewatch from episode 1 again? LOL

In episode 1, LR was wearing the king's ring when he went took the Four Tiger Sword. 

And in episode 10..  the late Prince Uncle said that is the King's ring.

But I wonder why did LR has it at the first place?

Are you guys thinking that the ring is also part of the magical deal for everything to work?

Ring + sword + flute = Incredible magic?

@bebebisous33 I love JTE's father and I do hope his doppelganger if he exist in KOC will be as kind as him in ROK.

But for poor Luna to be all alone in KOC, I think the chances for him to be alive might be slim.

:tears:

@gwin I think LR's ultimate goal is just to get the flute. Not really to be King. If he wants to be King, he will not openly rebel and kill the King. It will be controversial for him to take the throne.

He wanted something more than just a King.

I think like what @bebebisous33 said. LR thinks he is much more powerful than god. 

Honestly... don't wish to complicate things further and drive myself mad. LOl

I'm just gonna believe that there's only 1 do over and that is to catch LR.

The sudden disappearance of LG in episode 10 is not past or future LG.. but rather time might have stopped and LG take that moment to leave JTE before he gets tempted to drop whatever he has in mind.

More might be revealed in episode 11 because based on the director's style.. there is always more than meets the eye based on the ending.

Have faith everyone!

• Like 16
  • Awesome 1

11 minutes ago, gwin said:

Timeline 1  to me doesn't make sense for the following reasons:

1.  If Lee Gon (second in line to the throne) dies the same time as his father Lee Ho, then Lee Rim would not necessarily become the King.  He would have committed treason and would have been a wanted murderer.   Plus, since he's a bastard child, I do not think he is third in line to the throne is he?  It would still be Prince Buyeong.  

2.  If someone goes back in time,  why would that person save only Lee Gon, but not save Lee Ho?

You raise some good questions. 

Here is my take on it. Why save Lee Gon and not his father the first time traveller who altered that part could have saved them both instead of just one but Lee Gon is the one who didn't make it in time to save his father put managed to save himself could be an explaination to this.

The first time-traveller could also be someone a family relative who retrived the Flute to correct the family history and he could have come from a far place like far in the future or even from the past. The Flute has been in the families possession for centuries and imo they were able to alter things to retain their throne if needed. I think there is still possibility for Lee Rim to come to the throne if he takes them all out including prince Buyeong. 

My take on this is that a family relative came back from the future who had the flute and he chose to alter Lee RIm and delete him from history due to something tragic that happened with him on the throne. The first saviour could have even come from as far forward as 100yrs into the future

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, gwin said:

Timeline 1  to me doesn't make sense for the following reasons:

1.  If Lee Gon (second in line to the throne) dies the same time as his father Lee Ho, then Lee Rim would not necessarily become the King.  He would have committed treason and would have been a wanted murderer.   Plus, since he's a bastard child, I do not think he is third in line to the throne is he?  It would still be Prince Buyeong.  

2.  If someone goes back in time,  why would that person save only Lee Gon, but not save Lee Ho?

Timeline 3 also doesn't make sense based on what we have seen so far.  If you look back on Lee Gon's reaction in the first episode when he gets to Korea, it is clear that he has never been there before.  He asks Tae Eul questions and even goes to the library to research.  If he has already been to this world before in a separate timeline, why would he do that in Timeline 3 again?

I agree here, Timeline 1 does not make any sense because the flute would always have in the possession of The actual KING. Even if Prince Buyeong had been the King, LR if succeeded in killing both LH and LG would have taken the  SWORD and the Flute so time -reverse would not make sense, no other relative or Price Buyeong himself did not seem so lets say willful to completely erase their contribution from history.Moreover we have to focus on the characters already Fleshed out here ;;an X son or Y ancestor just over-complicates the Plotline IMO to be clarified within 6.8 hours left to be aired.

Timeline 3 explanation is same with what @gwin said.Does not really synchronize.

Uptil episode 10 start (LG gasps at the Laptop) is at-least the First Timeline, then maybe it could have branched out, not before that.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Elnin Joery said:

You raise some good questions. 

Here is my take on it. Why save Lee Gon and not his father the first time traveller who altered that part could have saved them both instead of just one but Lee Gon is the one who didn't make it in time to save his father put managed to save himself could be an explaination to this.

The simple answer to this is because if Lee Gon (assuming he is the savior) saves his father too, Lee Rim never gets the flute, the parallel universe is never discovered, and there's no reason for him to seek out Tae-Eul in his new altered timeline.

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

@gwin I think LR's ultimate goal is just to get the flute. Not really to be King. If he wants to be King, he will not openly rebel and kill the King. It will be controversial for him to take the throne.

I think like what @bebebisous33 said. LR thinks he is much more powerful than god. 

Agree.  He didn't even want the sword, he just wanted the flute.   Which is a mistake because I think the sword neutralizes whatever power the flute has.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

It would be a sad ending. If things goes south like both characters dying or one of them dying. It would be to hard to stomach that but things could go that way but I hope not. 

I would love to see a happy ending but something tells this is not the first season of the show. I could be wrong tho but just the amount of story left to tell is way to big to fit into one season

Speaking of seasons don't know whether KES plans to go that route but epi 10 felt like final episode of season 1. After the ending of the episode and before the preview they played montage of previous episodes LTE couple scenes and other memorable scenes like hair tying scene etc. 

I am skeptical about KES giving season 2 since I remember fans were asking for heirs-2 and DOTS-2 (this mostly for 2nd leads) but she didn't give. Now if she did start writing 'The King' with seasons in mind then that is whole another thing and I am sure we would all be dancing:D

@gwin regarding shin jae and Lee ji hyun , I will copy-paste what I said many pgs ago

Guys they added one more info saying that Lee ji hyun's mom used to work for sin jae's mom and they were of the same age. Makes me think if Lee ji hyun's mom falsely testified ( may be under pressure) the dead body is of her son?  It's actually ROK sinjae who died and Lee ji hyun is alive.... 

Even I am of the opinion that Lee ji hyun is alive and the reason why it is not written in character description regarding LMH playing double role is may be bcoz they wanted to keep it as a surprise. 

• Like 8

I love all of our theories but remembering how LG just simply disappeared, I cannot help but think: I can accept time loops, time traveling, even time stopping, but I cannot accept a dream sequence!

or else, this is going to be me:

thumb_seriously-pajama-day-kid-all-grown

• Like 1
  • LOL 20
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I love all of our theories but remembering how LG just simply disappeared, I cannot help but think: I can accept time loops, time traveling, even time stopping, but I cannot accept a dream sequence!

or else, this is going to be me

He could have vanished because the past was altered again 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Insightful 1

49 minutes ago, gwin said:

FINALLY, there's the matter of whether Ji-Hun (Lee Gon in Korea) is actually dead.  I am still leaning towards the fact that Ji-Hun is NOT dead, especially since in the last episode, they made it a point to emphasize that:  Ji Hun and Shin Jae are of the same age AND Ji-Hun's mother worked as a housekeeper of Shin Jae's mom.  There must be a reason why they're telling us those bits and pieces of information.

1. Ji Hun is dead. If he was alive, he would be have gone through National Service and LG's thumb print / DNA would find a match.

2. Shin Jae is not the second savior. LG confirmed it in ep. 2. If there was a second saviour, it would be JY, the bodyguard. If there was only one saviour, it would be LG (spoilers or not).

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Umjicheok said:

@gwin regarding shin jae and Lee ji hyun , I will copy-paste what I said many pgs ago

Guys they added one more info saying that Lee ji hyun's mom used to work for sin jae's mom and they were of the same age. Makes me think if Lee ji hyun's mom falsely testified ( may be under pressure) the dead body is of her son?  It's actually ROK sinjae who died and Lee ji hyun is alive.... 

Even I am of the opinion that Lee ji hyun is alive and the reason why it is not written in character description regarding LMH playing double role is may be bcoz they wanted to keep it as a surprise. 

Yes.  Korea Shin Jae died, but because Corea Shin Jae "replaced" him, they couldn't have a record of Korea Shin Jae dead.  So they had to use that body for some purpose no?

Also there is no reason to keep Ji-Hun's mom alive to this day.

I agree that the reason why it was kept of the character descriptions is because it is a surprise reveal.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

@MairaA @Alice Wonderland Guess who rewatch from episode 1 again? LOL

In episode 1, LR was wearing the king's ring when he went took the Four Tiger Sword. 

And in episode 10..  the late Prince Uncle said that is the King's ring.

But I wonder why did LR has it at the first place?

Are you guys thinking that the ring is also part of the magical deal for everything to work?

Ring + sword + flute = Incredible magic?

@bebebisous33 I love JTE's father and I do hope his doppelganger if he exist in KOC will be as kind as him in ROK.

But for poor Luna to be all alone in KOC, I think the chances for him to be alive might be slim.

:tears:

Honestly... don't wish to complicate things further and drive myself mad. LOl

I'm just gonna believe that there's only 1 do over and that is to catch LR.

The sudden disappearance of LG in episode 10 is not past or future LG.. but rather time might have stopped and LG take that moment to leave JTE before he gets tempted to drop whatever he has in mind.

More might be revealed in episode 11 because based on the director's style.. there is always more than meets the eye based on the ending.

Have faith everyone!

Well, Lee Rim wants to be king in the end but he legitimates his ambition with the flute. As the owner of the flute, he would become a god and would be so powerful that he can only rule over the weaks. His justification is that his half-brother didn't realize the real value of the flute.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 3

21 minutes ago, gwin said:

The simple answer to this is because if Lee Gon (assuming he is the savior) saves his father too, Lee Rim never gets the flute, the parallel universe is never discovered, and there's no reason for him to seek out Tae-Eul in his new altered timeline.

The Flute was always for the taking and Lee Gon could have taken it at any point to investigate it's powers and imo King Lee Ho didn't know about it's powers and several others who came before him thought it was all myth and family belonging

• Like 5

Just now, rambutan said:

1. Ji Hun is dead. If he was alive, he would be have gone through National Service and LG's thumb print / DNA would find a match.

2. Shin Jae is not the second savior. LG confirmed it in ep. 2. If there was a second saviour, it would be JY, the bodyguard. If there was only one saviour, it would be LG (spoilers or not).

Re #1:  The theory is that Korea Shin Jae died when he was 8 years old, and so what did they do with his corpse?  They couldn't say Korea Shin Jae died because Corea Shin Jae was there to replace him.

So they hid the real Ji-Hun, and made it appear that the corpse of 8-year old Shin Jae was actually that of Ji-Hun.

There would be no thumb print of Ji-Hun to speak of because he died young OR his thumb print is reflected as that of Korea Shin Jae's.

I never said Shin Jae is the second savior. In fact I do not think there is a second savior.  There may, however, be a savior in the original timeline.

• Like 12

21 minutes ago, Umjicheok said:

Speaking of seasons don't know whether KES plans to go that route but epi 10 felt like final episode of season 1. After the ending of the episode and before the preview they played montage of previous episodes LTE couple scenes and other memorable scenes like hair tying scene etc. 

I am skeptical about KES giving season 2 since I remember fans were asking for heirs-2 and DOTS-2 (this mostly for 2nd leads) but she didn't give. Now if she did start writing 'The King' with seasons in mind then that is whole another thing and I am sure we would all be dancing:D

Lmao at Heirs and Dots second seasons the idea itself sounds crazy but I think we were in a different era back then compared to now. She could fill alot of plot movements into the remaining 6 episodes but I feel like the story itself is much larger then that. There is possibility she could settle for more seasons to finish the story arc

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

20200518 The post on DCinside.  :D

English translation is according to Chinese translation by 大_薯_.

The royal families are all handsome.

Lee Gon, Lee Lim, Lee Gon's father, and Lee Gon's uncle are all graceful and with good temperaments.

Blood relationship.

Kingdom of Corea class

In a laudable tolerant spirit

Spoiler

d2626a8bly1gewxkdtxh6j20v91vpgy2.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 2

47 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

or else, this is going to be me:

I SECOND that!! No Dream Sequence Please!!! :D

38 minutes ago, rambutan said:

Again what? LG confirmed that JY would have saved him? In episode 2 LG himself did not know about Time-Reversal, how would he assume that JY could be/should be  the saviour? What did we miss?? :o

• Like 8

6 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Could someone Insider added this YoYo boy video into JY laptop? (LR subordinate) - But, what for....? *scratching my head*

We haven't caught the culprit who steal JTE's ID right?

Well... now my closest guess will be the KSJ's Mom who works inside the palace.

After rewatching the drama ....i realised that the card that JTE received from her station is different from the one that Lee Gon gave her...i have the images of both the cards but i do not know how to attach it here...sorry

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, rambutan said:

1. Lee lim is capable of hiding Lee ji hyun and also not having official records as in fingerprints /DNA of him .

We see in KOC Luna didn't have offical records till few weeks ago. If she is capable of not having official records then why can't Lee lim with cunning mind could do that?!

2. I am one of the person who believes in 2 savior theory , and IMO the person who crashed into glass/ shot is sin jae  and the person who went to check young LG is  future Lee gon. The thing is LG in 2nd episode is right , he is not the savior that he saw because we all kind of agree that person who went towards his younger self is future LG who carries JTE ID in his pocket.

So at the end even if they show 2 saviors , 2nd episode scene would still be right since he saw the eyes of his own.

(I am not taking that 2nd episode confirmation btw Lee gon and sin jae at it's face value either why? Bcoz LG just quickly pulls sin jae's hoodie , doesn't even look properly at his eyes and declares he is not the one. :joy:)

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, gwin said:

Re #1:  The theory is that Korea Shin Jae died when he was 8 years old, and so what did they do with his corpse?  They couldn't say Korea Shin Jae died because Corea Shin Jae was there to replace him.

So they hid the real Ji-Hun, and made it appear that the corpse of 8-year old Shin Jae was actually that of Ji-Hun.

There would be no thumb print of Ji-Hun to speak of because he died young OR his thumb print is reflected as that of Korea Shin Jae's.

I never said Shin Jae is the second savior. In fact I do not think there is a second savior.  There may, however, be a savior in the original timeline.

#1 That is an abundance of speculation and theorising which I doubt the scope of this drama can deal with. It's just not KES's style. Although her ideas/genres are creative, story telling is usually simple and  straightforward.

#2, Sorry, this point was not in reference to any of your posts. It was a follow up from my previous views that SJ could be the second savior.  

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

30 minutes ago, gwin said:

Very interesting...but if korea shin jae's thumb print was used...the data would definately pop up in the system as shin jae is alive and also is serving as a detective. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3