[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

I still think LG save his young self from his evil uncle. Maybe, he ask shin jae or JY to teach him how to use a gun and they prepare each other when they meet the Uncle and his followers. Now that shin jae is also from corea I am not scared for lee gon becoz SJ will do anything for JTE and to save his real mother from evil uncle. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Chingus I hve a lot to catch up and replies. Not quite done with episode 8 yet. And I tried to understand from neutral point of view and will elaborate later when I have the time to sit down and write. However, I hope the PD and writer or whoever involve in the storytelling realized that Lee Min Ho fans are the one keeping this drama afloat. I hope this is the last that we will get shin Jae back story taking up a lot of screen time. 

Will comeback later. :)

Just wanna say that , we all love  Leo , I am not his big fans but I am  always in his side , but what u said is not unfair for others actors fans ,the king is not lmh is a group of hard worker actors who have also the right to shinned in this drama , so plz have some respect for them . we all of us sre supporting this drama don't forget it:unamused:

• Like 5

slowly but surely, the clues and episodes are beginning to add up.:blush:

yeah , but the thing I wouldn’t understand is this :D when she open his head with chair,

5eb6d092b4f57339997256.gif?download

what she do to be allowed to carrying him out that easily :D  

5eb6d09eecd5c963307079.gif?download

He not included in the order right :phew:

5eb6d2a1605c4465785028.gif?download

~ the smoke is bad for him ,so she help him :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

1 minute ago, LRM11219311 said:

From who going to be the next spy to kissing scenes of LG and JTE is very unpredictable as well. It’s always on my mind when those two going to kiss again in ep 7&8 but sadly it never happened then now that i saw the preview for next episode my question is, are they going to have light popo or deep popo? Waah. This drama is very unpredictable! Even the kissing scene is unpredictable. Hahahahahaha. :w00t:

They’re standing far apart so I’m going to say it’s a light kiss. It seems like a sad kiss. He’s asking her to stay, what answer will she give? I’m thinking she refuses him. So the kiss, which I assume came after the question, is a bittersweet one. 

At this rate, I think I’ll have better luck shipping Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun. Wondering if LeeEul will ever give us a passionate kiss. If not, this drama is robbing us. How can you have two amazing kissers and not use them? :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

I didn't say every single time King but how lead man screen time can be just 10 min. in 75 minutes ? 

I agree with you about LMH's screentime. It's not that I would be his hardcore fan or anything, it's just not good storytelling if a main character is sidelined by set ups, secondary and minor characters. Lee Gon's character is at the center of the story and plot. Every plotline, no matter how intricate, leads to him in the end. Be it a novel, a TV series or a movie, the main character is the heart of each story and he or she can't be sidelined. Secondary, support and minor characters are there to support the few main characters - that's the cardinal rule of literature and movie-making. Building up and setting up a story is good but if you spend too much time on it it will kill your story. If you want to develop their stories it's alright; however, you need a longer drama for that. 16 episodes is just too few to explore that kind of a story, even more so considering how complex the subject of parallel universes, time travel and royal family power struggle are. By doing it, you're risking underdeveloping your main characters and main story objectives. 

Objectively speaking, the best scenes in quality today were LG's confrontation with LR's former bodyguard, LG's and Yeong's bromance and their face-off with Shin Jae. I'm sure those were the scenes most people who were watching got goosebumps from excitement.

• Like 16
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

Also Paul Kim trending on Naver but pd even didn't use his OST well :tears: I couldn't hear OST well

45 minutes ago, briseis said:

I agree with you about LMH's screentime. It's not that I would be his hardcore fan or anything, it's just not good storytelling if a main character is sidelined by set ups, secondary and minor characters. Lee Gon's character is at the center of the story and plot and every plotline, no matter how intricate leads to him in the end. Be it a novel, a TV series or a movie, the main character is the heart of each story and he or she can't be sidelined. Secondary, support and minor characters are there to support the few main characters - that's the cardinal rule of literature and movie-making. Building up and setting up a story is good but if you spend too much time on it it will kill your story. If you want to develop their stories it's alright you need a longer drama for that. 16 episodes is just too few to explore that kind of a story, even more so considering how complex the subject of parallel universes, time travel and royal family power struggle are. By doing it, you're risking underdeveloping your main characters and main story objectives. 

Objectively speaking, the best scenes in quality today were LG's confrontation with LR's former bodyguard, LG's and Yeong's bromance and their face-off with Shin Jae. I'm sure those were the scenes most people who were watching got goosebumps from excitement.

Yes I said yesterday , mystery drama is my favourite but I am LMH fan and I watch this drama more for LMH  than story now , because we waited 3 years him :lol:this drama represent LMH's name , I want his screen , If you look all ep , so many Shin Chae screen time , KGE has o many screen because she is lead woman I understand but so little LMH and yes patience patience but drama's half passed just we have 8 ep

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 9
  • Love 2

Having goosebumps again when watching it with subtitles.

Did you guys see what LG's doppelganger's mum said about she won't die anyway and they will keep bringing her back????

So now.. it's confirmed that they are able to go back time!!!!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=7589577

So it is possible that LG and gang went back time!!!!!!

Hence explains the interrogation at episode 1!!!

Omg... goosebumps!!!

@bebebisous33 may I request that you tag me in your future post? With the preview of the kiss, high chance the pages will move with LTE speed. Maybe like 5G network (just like the 5 person who will help our King in ROK. LOL)

Damn.. I'm not good in math or science.

But come to mobile telecommunications.. I think I still can figure it out. :joy:

• Like 9
  • Love 1

The ending scene is such a cliffhanger. Kang Shin Jae from the kingdom! Wonder how he got sick when he was younger?

Highlight for the night :-

- A lot of PPL. Coffee, kimchi, lipbalm (sharing... Eww.. Not hygiene!) 

- Scene with Eun Sup n Yeong always fun. The senseless ES n the serious Yeong..lol.

- LL really made the world is unbalance. He is crazy. Twisted. His loyal follower is also the same evil. 

Side note : I dont like the pace of tonite episode. The transition from one scene to another.. Seems off.  

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

it’s been send to the evil uncle through the book store as @bebebisous33 expected . 

Please will someone get into the VO of JTE when she says: I should have looked into where my id went... when the kid is playing with the yo-yo. I would love an explanation of that.

Ohhh and a very very wild conjecture (which will not happen): what if JTE poses as Luna and infiltrates LR gang? oooo >unholy gleam< that could be fun.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

Hmmm, this drama is getting more interesting. I love it. 

All pieces are getting closer to one another, making the mosaic clearer. 

@leeminhosny no worries chingu, his scene will definitely be more frequent in the next episodes to come. Well, I hope. 

SJ, finally...

Is he one of LG's friends in the past? Just curious. It would be better if they were an old friends. 

I really hope SJ would be an important man to pheya. He will be a great weapon next to JY. And I still believe JY would keep his loyalty to LG till the end. 

I am a big fan of Faith. So, I really dont mind about how the PD took care of romance scene in this drama. Hehe. Just let it flow beautifully. 

And LMH. He really has a perfect figure as the king. The way he stands, walks, smiles, or just tilts his head, it all are so composed. And when he became serious, his voice tone changes. What an excellent acting. And I dont want to talk about his face. Too handsome. Hahh. Right now, I hate it. It distracts me so bad that I cant focus on the storyline. 

Btw, anyone notice that the boy with yoyo read the king arthur book? Or it is just my eyes? 

Anyway, 

Cant wait for the next episode. With the kiss, heee

• Like 17

36 minutes ago, briseis said:

I agree with you about LMH's screentime. It's not that I would be his hardcore fan or anything, it's just not good storytelling if a main character is sidelined by set ups, secondary and minor characters. Lee Gon's character is at the center of the story and plot and every plotline, no matter how intricate leads to him in the end. Be it a novel, a TV series or a movie, the main character is the heart of each story and he or she can't be sidelined. Secondary, support and minor characters are there to support the few main characters - that's the cardinal rule of literature and movie-making. Building up and setting up a story is good but if you spend too much time on it it will kill your story. If you want to develop their stories it's alright you need a longer drama for that. 16 episodes is just too few to explore that kind of a story, even more so considering how complex the subject of parallel universes, time travel and royal family power struggle are. By doing it, you're risking underdeveloping your main characters and main story objectives. 

Wonderfully said! 

I honestly don’t mind seeing other characters but the balance today was so off. I’m left feeling like something is missing because they spent too little time on Lee Gon. This is why I feel Writer Kim took on too many characters! When she knew she was going to write about two worlds and have most of the actors play two different characters, she should have known to eliminate some. The problem with too many is that none will get enough time to shine and in the end, all stories will be underdeveloped. There’s a correct way of doing it but you’d have to be brilliant to pull it off —> When the Camellia Blooms and Mr. Sunshine. She did it with Mr. Sunshine so why can’t she do it here again? The problem lies with the director and editor as well.

Yes, the best scenes for me were the ones you named. Shin Jae’s story needed to happen but maybe it took up more time than needed. I’d also like to suggest the producer not focus on one character per episode. It’s good to have a balance so everyone’s story doesn’t get pushed to the back all of a sudden, especially the main character which is the main story. Shin Jae is only one puzzle so there’s no need to focus so heavily on him especially because his story is one we’ve been shown all this time. We have every detail to connect the dots so the revelation could have been achieved in a few minutes. Same with the investigation and interrogation. They’re spending excessive time still trying to solve cases that we, the viewers, already know is linked to LR. Now we’re just waiting for them to catch up to us. We’re ahead of the game here. To eliminate it altogether wouldn’t be good either but there is absolutely no reason why they need to drag it out almost every episode. It’s just taking time away from the main story. 

• Like 8
  • Love 3

:lol::lol::lol:

80558504752b9a1aba8bd00782229b7d790d5cbc

56afcc8ca67be052216c6c5dd059d0931d57d5f8

Woah!!! Information overload for me.  :o

41 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

JTE is using the old ID card.  The missing one is the new ID.

Are you sure about this?  The ID LG kept in a book had no lanyard.  The ID that LR has now also has no lanyard.  

Sure, they can take the lanyard off and on.  I'll wait and see how they deal with it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

30 minutes ago, briseis said:

Yesss

They're definitely my favourite scenes from tonight episode. 

So well delivered. When LMH finally face to face with one of the murderer, his face, his eyes, his tone, it scared me. So intense. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2

Can anybody explain on whats going on with SJ (as if already happened in previous episode). Wonder whats the deal between his mom to exchange SJ from KOC to ROK.

The ending scene was epic. Damn have to wait another week for this :sweat_smile:

• Like 1