[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

15 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

@mamabear @graceyco thank you for blessing us with the BTS that we’ve been waiting for all week.

Be still, my heart. 

I like them more and more each week. My shipping heart went something like this:

Week 1 - I think I can get used to them. 

Week 2 - Ok, they’re really stinking cute! 
Week 3 - Denial. I am no shipper. I don’t ship. Like ever! 

Week 4 - Did I say I wasn’t a shipper? Lee Min Ho, ask her to marry you NOWWWW! Kim Go Eun? Ok, I give my oppa away for free! Take him! 

:lol::lol::lol:

WELL... if this isn't me? They look so happy and comfortable on set! I am so happy to see a great chemistry between these actors off-screen.  :wub: The full BTS is on SBS Catch, if you're using a korean vpn you can check it!

• Like 7
  • Love 4

202005081426060410_4.jpg

202005081426060410_6.jpg

"The King" Lee Min-ho and  Woo Do-hwan, grand forest confrontation

SBS' Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-sook/directed by Baek Sang-hoon, produced by Hwa & Dam Pictures) is a 16-episode fantasy that depicts Lee Gon, a science-type emperor who tries to close the door of the dimension, and Jeong Tae-eul, a Korean detective who tries to protect someone's life, people and love, through cooperation between the two worlds.

Above all, in the sixth episode, Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho) received from Lee Jong-in (Jeon Moo-song) the real body examination document of Lee Rim (Lee Jeong-jin), the traitor who caused a treason and killed his father, Sun Hwang-je. As a result, Lee Gon intuitively felt that Lee Rim was still alive and is after him to take the other half of the Manpasikjeok.

In a related development, the seventh episode, which will be broadcast on May 8th, features Lee Min-ho and Woo Do-hwan in the middle of the bamboo forest fighting for the spirit that cannot be backed down even an inch. Lee Gon, who went to the forest to cross the parallel world, meets Jo Young, who is blocking his way. Lee Gon looks at Jo Young with a gentle smile, and soon reveals his dignified pose with a determined look. Jo Young expresses a firm boundary by repeating his promise to protect with an anxious look towards his Emperor. This scene aroused viewers' curiosity about why two people who have a strong mutual trust were so opposed to each other and wonder whether Lee Gon and Jo Young will go beyond the dimensional gate in the bamboo forest.

Lee Min-ho and Woo Do-hwan's charismatic scene was filmed in March in the bamboo forest located in Busan. The two actors, who are showing off their bromance in the drama, are showing off their unrivaled strength by always calling each other "Yeongie" and "Your Majesty." Throughout the filming, the two heated up the scene with brother chemistry, such as monitoring each other and smiling even at minor gestures. But as the main shooting began, the two suddenly turned to Lee Gon and Jo Young-eun, immersed themselves in the two characters in a tense confrontation, casting a magnificent charisma that resonated in the tranquil bamboo forest, which impressed viewers.

"This scene, in which Emperor Lee Gon and Imperial Guard Captain Jo Young are at odds, is the starting point of finding secrets between the two worlds and an important scene ahead of a turbulent move," the production company Hwa & Dam Pictures said. "We ask for your high expectations in the seventh and eighth episodes of The King-Eternal Monarch, which will be more exciting for the narrative of Lee Gon and Jo Young, who are at the inflection point of fate."

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202005081421151136696_1

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, graceyco said:

This is not a drill! Kim Go Eun's IG update as posted above is :wub: She usually doesn't post stuff like this but my heart!!! Our ship is sailing!! 

KGE sometimes does insta live. if she does one with him, i might just faint. Lol.

btw, saw a couple of spoilery fan capture over at dcinside. in case you guys are curious how Luna looks like, click here

really hope they will drop luna in this week. Her character seems to play a big part in the story.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, nikki7 said:

KGE sometimes does insta live. if she does one with him, i might just faint. Lol.

btw, saw a couple of spoilery fan capture over at dcinside. in case you guys are curious how Luna looks like, click here

really hope they will drop luna in this week. Her character seems to play a big part in the story.

I really really hope she would! One with LMH in it! That would be really fun, I'll join you in fainting. LMAO.:grin:

• Like 4
  • Love 3

006UQ8nvly1gekwzv2rrqj30v91t3wyp.jpg

Yesterday, May 7, is anniversary of "The King" on DC inside. There are over 30 thousand posts on DC by now. 

Spoiler

006UQ8nvly1gekwzvtzbnj30v91t0tpj.jpg

And it's so interesting that K-fans analysis why LR didn't feel the pain as LG :
(1) He could not feel it after a long time.
(2) Big bad guy should not feel pain otherwise he looked not so bad.

(3) Because it's so sexy that LG got a pain.

(4) Because it would like to guide audience to have tender affection for LG.
(5) Who cares, I'm not curious and don't want to know the reason. I just want LG take off the clothes when he get a pain next time.

Most of K-fans chose (3) and (5).  :lol::lol::lol:

All above are according to Chinese translation by 小号令天下

• Like 3
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1

@sodandee the TKEM cast is officially the happiest cast on-set. They seem to laugh and have a lot of fun moments. I am so happy for them! IT seems that we are treated so well today after the drought of the BTS haha everybody say, thank you SBS!! :wub:

• Like 12
  • Love 6

21 minutes ago, Chellsee said:

How sweet it is to be love by you! 

This looks like they took more than one take to me. The BTS makes me grin from ear to ear. I soooo love their interactions. It is also nice to see WDW's funny part in the BTS. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

This is the cutest thing I’ve ever witnessed! I think they’re enjoying each other a little too much. They’re totally teasing us shippers lol. 

giphy.gif

(2) Big bad guy should not feel pain otherwise he looked not so bad.
(3) Because it's so sexy that LG got a pain.
(4) Because it would like to guide audience to have tender affection for LG.
(5) Who cares, I'm not curious and don't want to know the reason. I just want LG take off the clothes when he get a pain next time.

@gtLmh0622 I literally laughed out loud at 2-5. But I’m 100% for number 5 :lol::lol::lol: 

The things Lee Min Ho makes us want to do to him :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 11

7 minutes ago, JC's Lingxi said:

she did not post it for Gong Yoo though...

She actually did post a BTS pic of her with GY, their wedding pic together in Goblin, but KGE was not as giddy as she is here. She is the giddiest here LOL.

• Like 11
  • LOL 2

13 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

This is the cutest thing I’ve ever witnessed! I think they’re enjoying each other a little too much. They’re totally teasing us shippers lol. 

wow this thread is sure heating up ! @Heretoranti borrowed your gifs. i love this one toooo they are so playful when they're together ..  .both their face is literally glowing that i really don't mind if they date in real life 

giphy.gif

only 5 more hours to go but it seem forever

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Oh woow... I just left for few hours thread jumped several pages..... But what richard simmons me off is that I am never here when the good news happens. 

Enough is enough had to re-read several pages to set eyes on the pleasant insta post:joy:

c4f80fa0210019630eeab797d13083ce.gif

Aside from all the jokes. I loved it really much I am waiting for you dispatch:wub:

• Like 3
  • LOL 8