[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f291b110b279accfa4de0

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f291b110b279accfa4de0

Thank you  Jenny for stating the obvious. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29b03bfb01d0f7862802

Shin Da-Eun aka Jenny is a good actress. I wonder why she hasn’t won a award yet for her performance.  I for one who shed she ended up with Ahn Man Soo.  They had chemistry but this man is so tormented with the truth and refuses to tell her the truth.  I sometimes wonder why she feel for Eun Sik. Their chemistry is so flat in my eyes. I don’t feel anything for Eun Suk. 

Although he frustrates me, I blame the writer for making Ahn Man Soo such a terrible person. :angry::angry:  

thank you for liking my post @msmy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Hello Everyone, I;m coming in on a late tip, But have ti ask is this lady really Jenny's mother. ? 

no, she isn't. it is revealed pretty early on that shady mom is not her actual mother.

48 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I sometimes wonder why she feel for Eun Sik. Their chemistry is so flat in my eyes. I don’t feel anything for Eun Suk. 

I agree with you; there's no chemistry and so it is hard to care. they really didn't have any of those OTP scenes that had those sparks. maybe the writer didn't care after a bit?

5 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

no, she isn't. it is revealed pretty early on that shady mom is not her actual mother.

Hi there good to see some familar names still around, Thanks for answering my question.. I didnlt think she was her mother this is part of the reason she don't want her to get her memories back.. Just what did Jenny witness she did and why is it that she didn't kill her.. Was she trying to take Jenny and make her become the next black rose..

22 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

I agree with you; there's no chemistry and so it is hard to care. they really didn't have any of those OTP scenes that had those sparks. maybe the writer didn't care after a bit?

@Lmangla Hi chingu  Great to see you here

. @sava2sava Gald to see you here. I believe that Shady mom hates and love Jenny. This episode proves to you that in her own crazy way she loves Jenny. Jenny is such a good person but she has always forgiven her mom for all the bad treatment. She has grown to depend on Shady mom even though she has no class. That is just my opinion. Do you know what Shady Mom fears the most. She lied to her brother her fear is that Jenny HATES HATES. Jenny will hate her when the truth comes out but Jenny will forgive her because of her, she was able to accomplish her dreams. It is sick but I think that is what the writer is trying to show us viewers. 

I just started watching it and I skipped all the early episode. I love soompi because it is such a better experience to enjoy the drama especially when the story line can be so draggy. You guys tell us what happen in each chapter instead of watching it. There are times I feel bad for some characters going down the wrong path. I really can’t hate Ahn Man Soo. He is a very tortured soul because he wants Jenny but  is scared of revealing the truth. At times I feel that he is still in denial that confuses the hell out of me. Lol lol Son Woo Hyuk is a good actor. He shows how tortured he is and how much he wants Jenny. Well done and I wish he would win an award. 

@sava2sava...Shady Mom is the Black Rose that killed Eun Suk's dad who was a cop.  She kidnapped Jenny at age 4 and used her in her pickpocket crimes.  Jenny is actually the missing daughter of Mrs. Ji who has the restaurant.  Mrs. Ji  has battled depression and is seeking her daughter who she is sure, is alive.  Man Soo is the actual son of Shady Mom who she abandoned as a baby.  He was raised by his Dad until the Black Rose/gangster brother's gang killed him as little Man Soo watched in horror.  Hope that helps, and welcome back!! :D (and @UnniSarahas well!)

So MS has been threatening for weeks about how he's going to go after Shady Mom and expose her, and we're still waiting.  Now with that scary dream with Jenny screaming in his face about what he's done to her, maybe things need to move on.  Shady Mom fears those deposit slips the most that connect her to the gang, so MS had better kick it up a notch and just get those out there.  Surely he knows he has zero chance of ever being with Jenny.  The best thing he could ever do for Jenny is to tell her that she's not really Shady Mom's daughter, and relieve her mind so she's not the bad person that is related to a murderer.  In the meantime, Jenny will remain in her tortured state with a coward (MS) holding her fate.

50 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

I kinda like ES but his character really has more potential and could've been written better. I think he's a new actor, like Esther

I liked Eunseok in the first episodes, when he was Sherlock Holmes, fishing after shady mom :D@Lmangla was referring to him being smarter than usual male leads :D but the best scene is the kimchi scene :D with  chilli pepper on his nose lol

7 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I liked Eunseok in the first episodes, when he was Sherlock Holmes, fishing after shady mom :D@Lmangla was referring to him being smarter than usual male leads :D but the best scene is the kimchi scene :D with  chilli pepper on his nose lol

I did too.

The kimchi scene was amazing :joy:

The most dramatic parts of episode 102 is toward the end (of course).  Jenny and ES have coffee after the memorial ceremony and he is called away.  She goes home to confront her mother once again... big argument.  She goes into her room and looks over the articles once again about Black Rose, and there is a picture of a single black rose earring.   A light goes on and she goes into shady Mom's room and roots around in the jewelry cases until she finds the matching earring and sticks it in her pocket.  Mom's phone goes off and Jenny notices it's a call from "Brother".  Mom comes in, and Jenny questions the call tagged as "brother".  Mom gives a flimsy excuse, but on her way out Jenny sticks her own phone with "record" on under Mom's blanket.  Later she retrieves her phone and goes to her room to hear a shocking discussion about MS.  Preview shows Jenny and MS in a hot discussion... I think he confesses something to Jenny.

57 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

Hi,

I am new here.

Do you mind to share with me the link where i can watch ?

I am from Malaysia.

Thank you.

If you have Astro, its on channel one hd, 393, airing in the weekends afternoon or night, i forgot. It is few episodes late though. 

I am excited for tomorrow. Looks like truth tea is getting spilled. I am psyched! This drama got good in its second half. It’s still not Happy Sisters or Sweet Enemy or I’m Sorry Kang Nam Goo or Here Come Love level, but it’s redeemed SBS in my eyes to some extent. So, I will definitely try the next one after this.

20 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I liked Eunseok in the first episodes, when he was Sherlock Holmes, fishing after shady mom :D@Lmangla was referring to him being smarter than usual male leads

kekeke... but then he got kind of stupid and really boring. :sweatingbullets:

so I was catching up and watched yesterday's episode and had to laugh at how exasperated kyung in was while describing man su and how he is obsessed with jenny. it is funny because both song ah and mrs ji were hoping that she would date him. kekeke.. mrs ji thinks that man soo is not in love with jenny but is having a tough time letting her go..

54 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

I am excited for tomorrow. Looks like truth tea is getting spilled.

hopefully it is not a dream. it looks like man soo actually tells jenny that he is shady mom's son! if it does happen, then jenny has to figure out that she isn't shady mom's biological daughter.... feels like we have been waiting forever for the drama to pick speed...

28 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

hopefully it is not a dream. it looks like man soo actually tells jenny that he is shady mom's son! if it does happen, then jenny has to figure out that she isn't shady mom's biological daughter.... feels like we have been waiting forever for the drama to pick speed

You read my mind. I also thought it might be a dream :D

there is still too much to continue in the drama. I liked Shady mom crying and fearing Jenny's hatred. 

Archived