[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

the way man soo worded it in his call to his grandfather about being disappointed with the wedding makes me wonder who the grandfather and what stake he has in this plan.... does he also have something against shady mom? was man soo groomed by this mysterious grandfather to take revenge? does man soo take guidance from the grandfather regarding shady mom?

1 hour ago, msmy said:

Preview shows Jenny being presented with a list of properties in her name and MS  making some comments about assuring her future.  He really does care about her, but I think he knows his time is up and he must exit quickly.  I hope he makes it.

it is interesting that he is making plans to ensure jenny's financial security. makes me wonder what happened to all the money that jenny made as a designer. does she have access to her own money or is everything controlled by shady mom? maybe this whole thing started out as a protection plan for jenny because who knows if shady mom was planning to sell jenny off to someone else... he seems very keen that jenny be safe. so makes you wonder how much danger jenny was in. and also there seems to be a gift and restitution kind of reasoning with man soo - what was he trying to give back to jenny?

am really hoping that man soo remains part of the story as he remains one of the reasons I keep watching this drama. without him, the drama lacks the curiousity kind of punch factor...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My conspiracy  theory  is gone with the wind :D

seems MS is noble, he no longer hopes for Jenny's love, I was right to like  him. I hope he is not involved in criminal activities,  it seems that his grandfather is shady too :D I feel he might be his godfather, who is running all the suspicious activities, still too many mysteries to solve. I am interested more now. Thank youuuuuuuuuuu @Lmangla for recommending me the drama, your taste in dailies is so good :)

Stay with us, everybody.... this is getting intense!!  Thanks to everyone who adds comments as you are all so insightful.  It's dangerous to assume, but I'm wondering if grandfather is actually the father to MS's murdered father, so does he also have a vendetta against the Black Rose?  We're still waiting for more details about everyone's background to sort it all out.  I hope it comes soon.:(

Have to wait for subs, but I think the scene with MS at shady Mom's bedside is probably a dream with her guilty conscience.  The way she is stewing in the preview looks like things aren't going her way.:angry:

9 hours ago, msmy said:

Have to wait for subs, but I think the scene with MS at shady Mom's bedside is probably a dream with her guilty conscience.  The way she is stewing in the preview looks like things aren't going her way.:angry:

About to watch and I hope she doesn't get to do anything to MS - who ought to be the real hero of this show - and that she finds out he is her long-lost son at the worst possible time, like someone says, when he tells her as she goes to prison.  

OMG, what if MS dies!  I hope he knows to take bodyguards!

If is not for SA and DJ, I drop this drama like a hot potato long time ago.  This is the slowest drama I’ve seen in a long time.  I probably should not watch for a few weeks that way I can wait for the good parts!! Haha 

Does anyone else think SA and DJ are just the cutest on screen couple?  I guess is their turn to break up, judging from the preview.  God, only my hope, SA won’t back down and let EJ have him.  But knowing SA’s nature, she probably will.  

4 hours ago, tulip06 said:

About to watch and I hope she doesn't get to do anything to MS - who ought to be the real hero of this show - and that she finds out he is her long-lost son at the worst possible time, like someone says, when he tells her as she goes to prison.  

OMG, what if MS dies!  I hope he knows to take bodyguards!

well his dad showed up in a dream and warned him to be alert. so he seems to see it as a sign. it will be interesting to see what precautions he takes...

can someone whack eun ji -- she is really getting into stalkerish territory? what's next? will she fake a pregnancy in hopes that dong joo would say yes? except she seems to underestimate dong joo who is his own man and will not budge on what he thinks is right. so she will probably get royally slapped? hope so...

This is building up to such a climax, I hope we get something really good in the next few days.  The gangster told shady Mom that "Lucky" disappeared and that MS will be anxious about his right hand man being gone.  He said they couldn't wait 2 weeks when MS went to Switzerland, that they will have to act in the next few days.  Shady Mom's trip may be canceled due to bad weather, so she will have to stick around.  She only knows that MS and Jenny are going to the beach resort, not that Song Ah and her mother will also be there.  MS told Jenny he will take responsibility for the fallout that will probably happen.

Financial holdings and Jenny's future are pretty much in order.  MS seems to have a grip on his fate, but his father appears in his dreams telling him to "Be aware!!"  "Be aware!!"   MS knows that this is what happens when he is in danger, so he walks into shady Mom's room in a cold sweat (real or imaginary??) and questions her as to why is she doing this to him?  Preview shows her in a rage again when she finds out who all is at the beach.  MS is shown smiling at Jenny and guests as they enjoy their companionship by the seaside.

I'm really pulling for MS to escape the murder attempt by either disappearing, or faking his death.  It just seems like he should be working in the background even if some people think he's gone.  That would be a real zinger to shady Mom and her gangster brother.

21 hours ago, chococarmela said:

That was the name of the KBS drama that finished a few months ago? The one I was talking about?

You were with me :D 

You like suspense too as me, I want to know how MS will avoid being killed. I liked his dream of his dad warning him.

I think MS doesn't intend to marry Jenny

@msmy you read my mind :D I am 100 % sure it is a dream. Shady mom felt sth towards MS, she was sad when her brother's man told her MS has only one or two days to die. She also cried when she learnt that MS was the one who sent her the texts and informed the police about her brother

@Lmangla Eun ji will use her friend's photo of the baby to deceive the others, I think she will show it to her mom and granddad to pressurize them to accept Dong joo, although Dong Joo knows she is lying, or otherwise she will act something, while she is in his room :wacko: I find her annoying as a housefly . I think she will take a selfie with him while he is sleeping to deceive her family and force him to marry her

Yea,  after Young Man and Ae Young see Man Soo and the ladies at the beach, he takes a picture and sends it to his mommy (what a fink!) who just happens to be with shady Mom at some kind of bistro.  Of course, that just sets her off big time, so now the death plan begins.  Preview shows MS being chased by some big truck and terror in his eyes, so that's up for Friday.  I'm really hoping he has an escape route.

The "nightmare " scene was indeed a dream of shady Mom, so the guilt is getting to her.  What a lot of nonsense with the majority of this episode, namely Eun Ji and her dumb family.

8 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Looks like MS is either going to die or fake his  death

https://www.ondemandkorea.com/suspicious-mother-in-law-e57.html

He won't die because shady mom needs to know he is her son

There are so many mysteries surrounding his past that are not solved yet. He is the lead character (in my opinion) alongside shady mom.

We need a confrontation between him and shady mom

So I think he will fake death to protect himself

Also the warning from his father is significant. 

@tulip06 and @Lmangla MS is the reason I am watching now

At ther beginning I disliked him because he seemed too obedient to shady mom, and I didn't like him imposing himself on Jenny. But when he turned out to be seeking revenge and he was helping Jenny, I started liking him. I think he wanted Jenny to like him, by being good to her. I don't think he intended to marry her by force. He almost begs her to give him a chance

I like Dong Joo and Song Ah  couple. I hope Eun ji won't separate them. Another thing I like is Mrs Choi and Jenny together. Iike Kyung In too :D

I find Young man funny when his girlfriend deceived him :D 

Like I said I am ready for this stuff to happen thats where it really starts .I am tired of the ignorance is bliss of Jenny.  

Spoiler

Meanwhile, Eun-seok's grandfather, a wealthy businessman, forms a task force to find "The Black Rose," the culprit of his son's death. In the course of the investigation, Kyung-in, Jenny's friend and a freelance journalist, gets into an accident. Jenny, Eun-seok, and Dong-ju, Kyung-in's brother, get a hunch that two cases are related. As she approaches the whole truth behind the incident, Jenny feels that her own world is crumbling down.

@msmy What the heck, Mansoo should know to have bodyguards!  

About to watch.  

OMG, Mansoo has the sweetest smile and he looks so cute all windswept at the beach!

So, I think there's a jinn in that teddy bear whispering those weird fantasies into Eunji's head and making her into a really creepy stalker.  If she ends up with Sherlock, she deserves that slimy guy after her awful behavior.  And Young Man is in so much more trouble now with his grandfather.  

Dong Joo's problem is that he draws no proper lines with EJ.  He says no, and then she still does some of what she wants.  So, she knows she can keep pushing.  She needs to see she can't do anything at all that that she has planned.  Those who haven't watched will see what I mean.  

13 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

You were with me :D 

You like suspense too as me, I want to know how MS will avoid being killed. I liked his dream of his dad warning him.

I think MS doesn't intend to marry Jenny

I love suspense, revenge and thrillers. Mystery too! 

Hopefully MS doesn't die, I kinda like him now...

Archived