[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

I dont  think MS will play a big part in taking down her to be honest.

Synopsis 

Spoiler

. In the course of the investigation, Kyung-in, Jenny's friend and a freelance journalist, gets into an accident. Jenny, Eun-seok, and Dong-ju, Kyung-in's brother, get a hunch that two cases are related. As she approaches the whole truth behind the incident, Jenny feels that her own world is crumbling down.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think syrup in winter is much faster then this drama!

https://www.ondemandkorea.com/suspicious-mother-in-law-e50.html

Evil mom is throwing muffins in the preview that is all :joy:

It is really cute though how Jenny keeps looking at ES picture with such a big smile on her face. I cant even stay mad at her lol. She snapped at her mom too.

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

It is not confirmed but the thugs were asking about her son

Also the scene where he thought of her and called her "Mum".  You know in k-dramas they have 2 ways of addressing .. formal and informal.  In his mind, he said the formal one first and then the informal.  And cried.  I felt really sorry for him when i watched this scene.

so I hope he will stop being a nuisance and go back to being a nice guy! 

But you are right, if she acknowledges him as her son, he is quite lightly to take her side.  

I don’t understand the writer.  Why is he keep letting JHJ and SA running into the crazy mom?  Also, the story is moving like a snail, it’s not going anywhere!  And there are more tortures to go thru before the freedom.  Can we get the shows moving?  I want SA to be happy and Jenny to find her mom!  It is really funny that Jenny does not have any memories of her childhood.  That is so unbelievable.  Unless she had an accident where she lost her memory, but I seriously doubt it.  On the other hand, it does seems JHJ is gonna remember something.  

4 hours ago, Jamie Hartford said:

It is really funny that Jenny does not have any memories of her childhood.  That is so unbelievable.  Unless she had an accident where she lost her memory, but I seriously doubt it.  On the other hand, it does seems JHJ is gonna remember something.

actually, it is believable and realistic to some extent. so I had the same reaction to another drama where there was something familiar and one of the soompi members was a psychiatrist in her country. she told us that childhood amnesia is an actual condition and is very prevalent among all of us actually. basically we retain less memories from our early childhood except for some specific memories here and there, but our brain retains more memories from later childhood. she said the way we store our memories has got to do with brain function and development. that is why lost and kidnapped children have a tough time remembering details as time passes and this is a genuine problem in real world, not just dramaland.

jenny was about 4-6 years old and so her lack of earlier memories does make sense because it actually does happen. also shady mom has been feeding her lies continuously and makes her doubt any memory that she does have as overactive imagination. so jenny herself doesn't trust her few memories...

16 hours ago, dramaninja said:

I dont  think MS will play a big part in taking down her to be honest.

Synopsis 

Hide contents

. In the course of the investigation, Kyung-in, Jenny's friend and a freelance journalist, gets into an accident. Jenny, Eun-seok, and Dong-ju, Kyung-in's brother, get a hunch that two cases are related. As she approaches the whole truth behind the incident, Jenny feels that her own world is crumbling down.

Another accident...... Great :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

About to watch.  I wonder if this is really that good for my brain with breakfast every day?

Update: I had to divide my time because of work.  And why not just change the name to Violent Mother in Law?  That's all she seems to be at this point.  Everyone else seems to be the shady ones around her, trying to avoid her crazy temper. 

And has no one heard of suing for assault and battery or pressing charges?

Finally,

Spoiler

she threatened MS with postponing the wedding if he lied to her.  Well, let her, MS, and move out of the house.  That will frustrate her more.  She only likes you for your money.  

Man Soo is really getting backed into a corner while shady Mom escalates her vendetta against Song Ah and her mother.  At what point does he start secretly pushing back to put the brakes on shady Mom?  In the end, Ji Hwa Ja is going to be glad that she didn't give up on Jenny... her own daughter.  Shady Mom will quickly realize that threatening to "call off the wedding"  is an empty threat because that would please Jenny to no end.  Man Soo had better get his survival instincts to kick in.  <_<

5 hours ago, tulip06 said:

And why not just change the name to Violent Mother in Law?  That's all she seems to be at this point.  Everyone else seems to be the shady ones around her, trying to avoid her crazy temper. 

she is ridiculously possessive. she now won't even share man soo with anyone. hahahhaa... and it was kind of amusing to watch jenny get so aggressive where shady mom was like "now she is teaming up with man soo?" B)hahahha... jenny didn't even get that annoyed for eun seok and she was a lovesick fool. but she acts like man soo is her sibling/brother and no one else can bully him.:sweatingbullets: he on the other hand is like tag team where he is trying hardest to shield jenny. he also seemed more relaxed with song ah and soup mom where his smiles felt more natural....

1 hour ago, msmy said:

Shady Mom will quickly realize that threatening to "call off the wedding"  is an empty threat because that would please Jenny to no end.

found that threat actually hilarious because jenny would jump for joy. so what would that achieve? hahahah....

@Jamie Hartford ~ where you excited to see soup mom encourage song ah to go on a date with dong joo? it was kind of cute that everyone in the house is cheering for song ah and dong joo to get together.

in some ways, this drama is dragging but it is good for me as it means I can skip all young man-aunt-eun ji scenes and that pretty much reduces the drama time. LOL.

@LmanglaJenny and MS are basically more like brother and sister.  MS even once said to her that they were now like family after being close to each other for over 10 years (okay, he hung around her and Shady Mom).  And no matter how much Jenny said she was disgusted by him - though why, he's cute - she knew she could trust him not to say anything to Shady Mom when she needed a cover, even when she went on a date with ES in Japan!  That's what you ask from your brother or cousin, not your arranged fiance!

1 minute ago, chococarmela said:

Should I continue watching? I'm already watching "The Women's Room" and "Two Mothers"...

Yes!  It looks like from episode 51 we are now getting into the nitty gritty.  Song Ah's mother must have a checklist of who she wants to go after, and there were 2 hair pulling fights in this episode!  Wow!  She settled the score with homewrecker Ae Young who broke up Song Ah's marriage, and the funny part was, Young Man was there to see it all.  Ji Hwa Ja let everyone around know who this evil woman was, so I think the singing career might be over for Ae Young.

Then Song Ah and Mom went to see Jenny only to have shady Mom show up and another fight ensued.   I think at one point Ji Hwa Ja faked mental illness, so it defused the situation quickly after making a mess of everything and almost pulling the hair out of shady Mom.

Waiting for subs, as the part where shady Mom hands Man Soo a briefcase to deliver (??)... don't know what that's about.  And the preview shows shady Mom discovering something (papers, etc.) maybe in Man Soo's closet (???).  More tomorrow.  ^_^

10 hours ago, msmy said:

Yes!  It looks like from episode 51 we are now getting into the nitty gritty.  Song Ah's mother must have a checklist of who she wants to go after, and there were 2 hair pulling fights in this episode!  Wow!  She settled the score with homewrecker Ae Young who broke up Song Ah's marriage, and the funny part was, Young Man was there to see it all.  Ji Hwa Ja let everyone around know who this evil woman was, so I think the singing career might be over for Ae Young.

Oh my god! In one episode?!

Archived