Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

22 minutes ago, larrysouth said:

Your timing is excellent.  I was actually wondering what did happen when Ha-Ru saved Dan-Oh's life in the pool.  Part of the issue maybe that death has a different meaning in the manhwa world.  It could mean not only a physical death but also could mean a complete rewrite of the character, or moving them from a no-named extra to extra, to 2nd led, etc.  I am starting to think that these types of changes cause for lack of a better term a "reset" of the character where due to deep seated changes in their circumstances, they lose non-stage memories and might possibly have personality changes as well.  It goes without saying that initially, they lose their self awareness.  What I think the writer cannot do however, is remove deep seated memories from previous iterations of themselves from previous manghwas.  I think this is why lines bubble up from other manghwas like Trumpet Creeper when certain situations occur within the current manghwa that trigger the character.  In the end this is how I think Ha-Ru was able to regain his self awareness.  Through the blackhole he was able to reconnect within his previous iteration in Trumpet Creeper, which was already self aware and the previous iteration was able to instill the same self awareness in the current Ha-Ru.  

Ooooh, you could be correct. I remember when this whole pool scene happened Ha Ru's name on the tag was already disappearing, so maybe the writer was already deciding to remove him completely - like erasing him from the panel. So dying is definitely a different concept than it is in the real world of course. It's like the writer decides to rewrite characters by removing them from the story and putting them back in. I could even see that when characters become aware and are completely different from their on stage character it could be because of a early character draft. So for example the writer didn't mean for Dan Oh to like Kyung but decided later on she would have this 10 year crush on him. But when Dan Oh became aware she doesn't like Kyung at all which could be because she wasn't meant to. But who knows how it works in EY.

But also when Do Hwa told Ha Ru he got the eyes of an male lead and since Ha Ru was 2nd lead in "Trumpet Creeper" it was a leftover from that manhwa he carried over to "Secret". Like you said certain things like appearance but also memories can't be removed that easily. Which is why Ha Ru regained his memories. I wonder how:

Spoiler

they will deal with Dan Oh though. Will she also encounter the black hole or will she slowly regain her memories?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 5

3 hours ago, Jillia said:

Who gave him permission to look this good? Who gave Rowoon the permission to just come in and give us smoldering look?

he is just too good looking for his own good just like do hwa says.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

What is definitely the best line of Episode 27, if not the whole series so far:

Spoiler

As Dan-Oh and Ha-ru attempt to complete her bucket list, and they go out on a romantic picnic to the park,  Sae-Mi and Soo-Chul show up.  An obviously disappointed Dan-Oh asked, "Why are they here?"  To which a delighted Ha-Ru replies, "I called them."  Dan-Oh's crestfallen response, "Ha-Ru, you're an idiot."  I think she was imagining some serious lip action with Ha-Ru at the park.   :lol:

• LOL 9

LMFAo at Do Hwa's Why did the writer cast such a handsome face for an extra?! It's too inconvenient! :w00t:

Now Haru & Kyung are experiencing what the Dried Squid guy tried hard to warn them against.. While ignorance is bliss, the characters live on as puppets with no will of their own.. It's all quite tragic.. :(

Kyung really did want to save Dan Oh but he knew it was pointless anyway, somethin' Haru found out the hard way. -_-

Say what you want on Kyung but he's the most compelling character here and it's thanks to Lee Jae Wook for playin' him with conviction. He's a rising star.

• Like 2

@larrysouth

LMAO Fox Ha Ru sometimes can be really... I don't want to say it but  I do it anyways... dumb. And I mean it in the most endearing way. :lol:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So the real question becomes,what is the thing that restores Dan-Ohs memories?  For Ha-Ru it was the scar on his hand.  I am interested in hearing everyone's thoughts about how Ha-Ru's Dan-Oh will return.

• Like 4

@larrysouth

Maybe his back? I can't think of anything else as of now because that was the most significant Dan Oh remembered when she didn't know who Ha Ru was. The very solid back. :lol: His paintings of her and her paintings of him?

1573750779.gif

I wonder though... now that new!Dan Oh is there so to speak, does this mean she is back without her disease? I didn't see her wearing her watch. But also did you notice? Her playful school uniform is gone as well. She is wearing the normal school uniform for girls.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

Ye, I feel for Kyung.

The writers did him dirty, well this is life, what did i expect the second main leads never get the girl in the end (except for reply 1988, which was the only one time I rooted for the main lead yet he still lost). I'll support Kyung in whatever decisions he plans on making in the last two episodes. But lord help the writer if they decide to kill him off :)

Edited by Ciiderella
  • Like 2

@Jillia  Oooo!...the back theory is a really good one.  How do you think they would work that into the plot?  I did not notice that she was not wearing her wrist alert.  I just went back and watched the scene.  To be fair, I could not really tell because she was wearing a long sleeve shirt and the school jacket.  If that is the case, then that blows one of the two options that I was thinking would reignite her memory  It seems like it would always go off when Ha-Ru was around, but she would not feel any chest pain.

My main go to item I think might bring Ha-Ru's Dan-Oh back is the trumpet creeper ornament and tassel (Norigae?).  It is definitely something that she seemed to cherish since even when her life was endangered in Trumpet Creeper, she went back for it when she dropped it during the chase.  It also exists in the current world as well, although heavily worn.

In any event would love to read everyone's thoughts.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

I have mixed feelings. I honestly dont like seeing DO losing her awareness. To me this trope makes it seems like the drama writers lack creativity that they use the same cycle. But on the other hand i can understand that this can lead to character development

(1) just like @Jillia said BK redemption when he realizes that the new DO is not what he wants

(2) HR realizes that what matters most is he and DO cherishing every moment and spend their remaining time together. He's been trapped in this guilt and fear of losing DO that he's so occupied in changing her fate, he even starts to avoid DO due to his confusion of what he should and shouldn't do for DO not to die. He doesnt realize by doing so he's wasted his precious limited time with DO.

Spoiler

Why is it limited? Because i still believe DO will get the surgery and die. In the webtoon at first they thought DO is save because she's supposed to not appear in volume 5 of the secret comic but then volume 5 starts and she's still there alive. But HR finds out later that the comic changes and actually volume 4 (when DO dies) is just about to start. I bet the same thing will happen.

And in DO's medical record it is written that the date of surgery is nov 20 which is next wednesday, is it clue that DO will still get her surgery in next week episode? I dont know. It can be me being overthinking again because DH says JD's grandma surgery date is supposed to be DO's and her grandma has finished and survived the surgery.

On a side note i come to notice this signature move by LJW when he wants to emphasize certain part of the dialogue. He'll slightly tilt (is this the right word) his head to the right. Lots of actors do that but somehow the way LJW does it catch my attention. It happens wayyyy too often that i start to guess which part or when will he tilt his head again everytime he appears on screen. :D Anywayss i agree that he's good promising actor. But i'll give a no to BK character.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 6

@larrysouth

I mean maybe her heart will start beating quicker. There is still a possibility her heart will recognize and remember Ha Ru. Even without the watch. But definitely a good theory. Also, I think maybe it would be too easy to now have healthy Dan Oh? On the other hand it depends on how they want to end the drama. With Ha Ru and Dan Oh remaining in "Secret" but therefore she needs to be healthy or in a completely different manhwa in which their setups could be different.

The norigae is definitely a interesting theory as well.  :)

@bee_wannabe

I saw the same theory on DCGall:

Spoiler

That Dan Oh still might need surgery. Hence why we need to find out whether she came back healthy or still ill.

I think I made it clear there is a big no for Kyung. We're in 2019, not early 2000s. The times where possessive male leads were interesting and romantic are over (were they ever interesting and romantic?). Again, Lee Jae Wook doing a fine job but his character is just nope.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I hope when DO remembers HR again they'd play First Love 'cause we haven't heard that song in awhile. They've been using the Stray Kidz more often since last week

• Like 8
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, dairymilks said:

I hope when DO remembers HR again they'd play First Love 'cause we haven't heard that song in awhile. They've been using the Stray Kidz more often since last week

Yes! Maybe a new version sang by Rowoon?!!!!!!!

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Seriously, what should I do with my swollen eyes now! My stages will begin in an hour. Sighh.... why they make me cry so much!!! 

So the writer switched DO's healthy shadow to stage. What was that??? Does what JMC said truly happen??? What happens before the next scenes changed to amnesiac DO??? Did she die on the shadow or what?? Writer don't tell me you'd take her self-awareness this time?? 

If the Trumpet Creeper supposed to be a tragic ending like that, this secret world should be their chances to live a happier one writer! 

Two eps left for next week. Sighh.. I don't like it to end this soon. I need to calm myself and would write when I get better later. 

Last but not least, Their acting is superb!! It's so heartbreaking!! 

My theory, she was supposed to flatline on stage and then be resuscitated and become healthy....since they changed the stage..  the same thing happened on shadow with a possible time jump...that is why the pages were left empty....since it happened in shadow, she lost her awareness obviously....the way the world works so far from my understanding...you can't cheat your storyboard no matter how hard you try....it'll happen either way

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

11 minutes ago, kawaiibooty said:

Yes! Maybe a new version sang by Rowoon?!!!!!!!

Ah yes!!! That'd be so great. I can't believe SF9 doesn't have an ost yet. 

• Like 4

is it just me ot there was a timer on danohs head while she was about to die?? 

Spoiler

• Like 5

DO died in the shadow (that’s why the weird backwards timer).  And as Squid said, if a character dies in the shadow, they get rebooted in the stage (but their memories are wiped clean).  If you die on the stage, that’s it for you...end of story.  In the stage she is completely better (that’s what the comic Secret said).  No more heart problems. That’s how it played out in the comic so far.  So she’s back on track now to be BK’s fiancé and marry him some time later.  The proposal scene which was supposed to happen before happened in the park instead for BK and DO.  Everything is still going as planned by the writer.  

BK didn’t kill her.  He removed her O2 mask but he put it back on (when HR ran in, the mask was back on her).  She flatlined then.

I don’t think BK killed Squid’s lover in TF.  It doesn’t make sense for him to.  He wanted the throne.  If Squid was going to abdicate with his lover, all the better for BK.  Why force him to stay put as Crown Prince?  I think DaeBi (NJ’s mother) was the one who ordered the assassination both times...shadow and stage.

As an aside, Squid’s lover (the new girl) was reading a book with a pink cover at the lockers...it looks like it’s TF :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

This is just some fun and werid theory from me.

Maybe the manhwa trumpeet is supposed to have a happy ending. In there baek kyung is evil but a main character as the hero right? Like namjoo. So my guest in the manhwa because of their changing the story line..the manhwa beome tragic. Becausr of dan oh fall in love with the 2nd lead in shadow, the dynamic of the manhwa changes.

So the writer try to make another manhwa based on his/her orignal idea in trumpeet but different setting. Maybe that is why all the warning why they shouldnt changes the story. They may have a happy ending in stage but they may not like it in shadow

Spoiler

And why i feel like baek kyung will die in shadow?  Just like do hwa caharacter in the mahwa.. i hope not

And just some random theory for me. The writer idea is fate for them. So the drama is talking about how they go against the fate..

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1