Quantcast

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hahahaha... these two cuties really. I wonder though why they would try to hide their feelings in front of Do Hwa. He is their biggest shipper. Plus Ha Ru asking Dan Oh if he needs to practice flirtin

It doesn't matter if the manhwa world is real or not. The characters are the ones who turn their world into reality.   In this drama it seems that on the one hand the real writer is using D

I think HR killed DO but it was not deliberate and he grabbed the sword with his left hand to stop it but it was too late. But the scene doesn’t look like a sword fight. It starts off with guards surr

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, renjunnie said:

@Jillia Honestly Haru so handsome, especially at that hospital scene. i lost it for a while because of him :wub:

Who gave him permission to look this good? Who gave Rowoon the permission to just come in and give us smoldering look? :wub:

fangirling.gif?w=364&h=171&crop=1

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, tmadzik said:

There is no preview for the next weekend?

No there is no preview for next week. They might release a preview though but they're still filming scenes for the last episodes. :)

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Jillia said:

You know there are certainly people who would take the scene in which Ha Ru tells Dan Oh he must change the stage because he can't lose her, he can't live without her, as something to criticize Ha Ru or compare him to Kyung. But that's just who Ha Ru is. He is very open about how he feels and then we have the scene right afterwards with Ha Ru asking Dan Oh to tell him what she wants, what she wishes for. It showed he would follow her wishes and not disregard them like Kyung does.

@Jillia You preach it!  Ha-Ru's initial reaction is very normal.  Actually if he had reacted differently at first,  I would have been worried.  Our brains are hardwired to think about what is in our own best interest first.  That is a self preservation trait in our brain and it is planted into our subconscious so that we can just react as opposed to thinking about it which, could be dangerous.  However, unlike Kyung, Ha-Ru's higher level brain function kicks in and he has the ability to see beyond just himself and look at what is better for others.  He has the ability to see how others are impacted by the world and delight in their triumphs and share in their suffering.  In my line of work we call that compassion.  That is why in the end Ha-Ru will do everything in his power to make sure Dan-Oh has a happy ending.  Kyung, on the other hand, will do everything in his power to make sure Kyung has a happy ending.  However, I am still holding out hope for BK that he will have a change of heart before the end of the series, but the opportunity for change is starting to draw to a close.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 5

@larrysouth

Exactly! :DI have a feeling that Kyung will see that:

Spoiler

changed!Dan Oh is not what he wanted. I think if there is really something in him that loves her he will realize this isn't how he wanted things to proceed. We haven't seen much of cold!Dan Oh yet but I think it's not simply a setback to her old setup the fact they changed her hair (just like they did for Ha Ru back then) indicates her character will be different from even before she became aware. And I hope that this will make Kyung realize that this isn't what he wants. And actually it could maybe (finally) lead to him and Ha Ru working together?! I don't know. I can only see some sort of character development for him when he moves away from being selfish to do something selfless for Dan Oh.

But I have a question: since Dan Oh died in the shadow and therefore lost her awareness, does this mean back then Ha Ru died while saving Dan Oh and that's why he disappeared? Not because Dan Oh tried to change her fate?:o

Hahaha, @larrysouth! I'm sure Ha Ru has it all: body and brain. But let us appreciate the visuals. :P I'm weak I know it. :lol:

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

i always knew haru would never even attempt to kill dan oh and i was right. it was beak kyung who tried to kill her in secret's shadow and he killed her in trumpet creeper's stage. whether it be shadow or stage, haru would never be able to do something like that. 

i'm upset we don't have preview. And it might be a little disturbing to see dan oh and beak kyung next week because she is going to be in love with beak kyung due to loss of self-awareness.

my poor baby haru had to endure so much because of this writer. but i know that haru will have a happy ending with dan oh i know for sure.

i don't feel anxious anymore. a little sad but no longer anxious because people came up with absurd theories like haru will kill dan oh.

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Hide contents

But I have a question: since Dan Oh died in the shadow and therefore lost her awareness, does this mean back then Ha Ru died while saving Dan Oh and that's why he disappeared? Not because Dan Oh tried to change her fate?:o

Your timing is excellent.  I was actually wondering what did happen when Ha-Ru saved Dan-Oh's life in the pool.  Part of the issue maybe that death has a different meaning in the manhwa world.  It could mean not only a physical death but also could mean a complete rewrite of the character, or moving them from a no-named extra to extra, to 2nd led, etc.  I am starting to think that these types of changes cause for lack of a better term a "reset" of the character where due to deep seated changes in their circumstances, they lose non-stage memories and might possibly have personality changes as well.  It goes without saying that initially, they lose their self awareness.  What I think the writer cannot do however, is remove deep seated memories from previous iterations of themselves from previous manghwas.  I think this is why lines bubble up from other manghwas like Trumpet Creeper when certain situations occur within the current manghwa that trigger the character.  In the end this is how I think Ha-Ru was able to regain his self awareness.  Through the blackhole he was able to reconnect within his previous iteration in Trumpet Creeper, which was already self aware and the previous iteration was able to instill the same self awareness in the current Ha-Ru.  

• Like 2
  • Insightful 8
22 minutes ago, larrysouth said:

Your timing is excellent.  I was actually wondering what did happen when Ha-Ru saved Dan-Oh's life in the pool.  Part of the issue maybe that death has a different meaning in the manhwa world.  It could mean not only a physical death but also could mean a complete rewrite of the character, or moving them from a no-named extra to extra, to 2nd led, etc.  I am starting to think that these types of changes cause for lack of a better term a "reset" of the character where due to deep seated changes in their circumstances, they lose non-stage memories and might possibly have personality changes as well.  It goes without saying that initially, they lose their self awareness.  What I think the writer cannot do however, is remove deep seated memories from previous iterations of themselves from previous manghwas.  I think this is why lines bubble up from other manghwas like Trumpet Creeper when certain situations occur within the current manghwa that trigger the character.  In the end this is how I think Ha-Ru was able to regain his self awareness.  Through the blackhole he was able to reconnect within his previous iteration in Trumpet Creeper, which was already self aware and the previous iteration was able to instill the same self awareness in the current Ha-Ru.  

Ooooh, you could be correct. I remember when this whole pool scene happened Ha Ru's name on the tag was already disappearing, so maybe the writer was already deciding to remove him completely - like erasing him from the panel. So dying is definitely a different concept than it is in the real world of course. It's like the writer decides to rewrite characters by removing them from the story and putting them back in. I could even see that when characters become aware and are completely different from their on stage character it could be because of a early character draft. So for example the writer didn't mean for Dan Oh to like Kyung but decided later on she would have this 10 year crush on him. But when Dan Oh became aware she doesn't like Kyung at all which could be because she wasn't meant to. But who knows how it works in EY.

But also when Do Hwa told Ha Ru he got the eyes of an male lead and since Ha Ru was 2nd lead in "Trumpet Creeper" it was a leftover from that manhwa he carried over to "Secret". Like you said certain things like appearance but also memories can't be removed that easily. Which is why Ha Ru regained his memories. I wonder how:

Spoiler

they will deal with Dan Oh though. Will she also encounter the black hole or will she slowly regain her memories?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 5

What is definitely the best line of Episode 27, if not the whole series so far:

Spoiler

As Dan-Oh and Ha-ru attempt to complete her bucket list, and they go out on a romantic picnic to the park,  Sae-Mi and Soo-Chul show up.  An obviously disappointed Dan-Oh asked, "Why are they here?"  To which a delighted Ha-Ru replies, "I called them."  Dan-Oh's crestfallen response, "Ha-Ru, you're an idiot."  I think she was imagining some serious lip action with Ha-Ru at the park.   :lol:

• LOL 9

LMFAo at Do Hwa's Why did the writer cast such a handsome face for an extra?! It's too inconvenient! :w00t:

Now Haru & Kyung are experiencing what the Dried Squid guy tried hard to warn them against.. While ignorance is bliss, the characters live on as puppets with no will of their own.. It's all quite tragic.. :(

Kyung really did want to save Dan Oh but he knew it was pointless anyway, somethin' Haru found out the hard way. -_-

Say what you want on Kyung but he's the most compelling character here and it's thanks to Lee Jae Wook for playin' him with conviction. He's a rising star.

• Like 2

@larrysouth

Maybe his back? I can't think of anything else as of now because that was the most significant Dan Oh remembered when she didn't know who Ha Ru was. The very solid back. :lol: His paintings of her and her paintings of him?

1573750779.gif

I wonder though... now that new!Dan Oh is there so to speak, does this mean she is back without her disease? I didn't see her wearing her watch. But also did you notice? Her playful school uniform is gone as well. She is wearing the normal school uniform for girls.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

Ye, I feel for Kyung.

The writers did him dirty, well this is life, what did i expect the second main leads never get the girl in the end (except for reply 1988, which was the only one time I rooted for the main lead yet he still lost). I'll support Kyung in whatever decisions he plans on making in the last two episodes. But lord help the writer if they decide to kill him off :)

Edited by Ciiderella
  • Like 2
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year