Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

@nrllee, spoiler for character description if you don’t mind being spoiled. Otherwise, don’t mind me. :lol:

Spoiler

From his character description Haru was forced to kill Danoh onstage. I’m not sure if it was BK’s order though through the writer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

@celebrianna Were the character descriptions from the drama or the ManHwa?  From what I can see thus far, there is nothing that suggests that HR will kill her.  Unless BK in his rather demented twisted way in TF thinks the only way to get HR to stay by his side is to kill DO to force him to.  Or they end up in some sort of battle and DO is killed.  Or the sword was meant for HR and she steps in to prevent it from happening.  I get the feeling in Secret though HR may well unintentionally “kill” her.  Contrary to what we’re seeing in flash forwards and flashbacks, I think DO actually needs the surgery to survive.  That’s why BK is the one to “save her”, he tells her to go ahead with it.  HR is trying to delay or halt the surgery by changing the stage.  This would lead to her death...  this is why there is this warning NOT to change the stage scenes.  DO thinks her character’s ending is death but I think like @brielover suggested, this is a romance comic, so she’s actually meant to “live”.  But they need to keep to the plot line in the stage.  Changing it would mean she dies.  They can do whatever they want in the shadows but the stage needs to stay the same for DO to “live”.

All pure conjectures on my part.  You could be right though (and the character descriptions run true) and if you are, then it’s tragic.  :tears:

• Like 5

@dairymilks

Oh I agree. As you probably noticed I'm not a fan of Baek Kyung. I think from all characters he has done the least character development. There are certainly people who would disagree but that's just how I see it.

From the beginning it was all about him. He was not interested in Dan Oh whatsoever. She was simply part of his plot because she had to pine over him due to her setup. But then she becomes aware and suddenly in the shadows she isn't interested in him anymore. He becomes jealous of a man who treats Dan Oh better than he ever did. From what I heard about the webtoon Baek Kyung is not as antagonistic as he is in the drama, so I don't know if I would buy him having feelings there. But I definitely don't in the drama. I can believe he was hurt by the sudden death of his mother and I could even see him having issues developing feelings for someone who is ill. But Kyung was downright terrible to Dan Oh since episode 1. There was no empathy for her. And after becoming aware he just stayed terrible in the shadow as well.

So I definitely think Baek Kyung's reason to tell Dan Oh and Ha Ru not to change the stage is absolutely selfish. It was always about him and is always about him. My question was more about how Baek Kyung is seeing it. :)

As for Ha Ru:

Spoiler

possibly killing Dan Oh. Since I haven't watched the episode yet but reading that we still don't have a clear answer to it yet, I wonder if the drama is purposely rubbing this plot in? I know as @celebrianna said there are those character descriptions but weren't these based on the webtoon? Plus the sword is still Kyung's sword. Of course that's not necessarily a evidence against Ha Ru killing Dan Oh because he was ordered to on stage. But still... I find it a bit too obvious that they want to make us believe that he killed Dan Oh. On the other hand, you're right as well, @celebrianna, that that's the reason why Ha Ru is following Dan Oh... in order to protect her and not have the same thing happen again. But if Ha Ru believes he did it - even when he didn't - then this could still be the case.

But anyways changing the stage, just like timetravelling in order to change what happened, is always tricky. Everything has consequences. We don't even know if the writer hasn't decided to actually let Dan Oh live instead of letting her die. It's going to be a emotional mess.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Today was a filler episode....I absolutely adore Eun Dan Oh.....But Kyung annoyed me today....OG Kyung from Webtoon had a better character arc by all means...so did Haru....yes Dan Oh wants to live but if she is asking you to take a step back to changing things....do that...both boys need to tone it down....Juda is scary....Sae Mi is a lamb in reality and Juda is lion....anyway rest was good but could have been better

• Like 4

@nrllee

Spoiler

The character descriptions were from the network that airs the drama I believe and not the manhwa. I heard that they later removed the character descriptions. 

Also, I thought Danoh had to die onstage. I believe her character description said so because I remember commenting back then that the writer seems to hate Danoh. If Danoh has a chance to live onstage now it’s because Haru, Danoh and Do Hwa changed the stage back when they supplanted Juda/Namjoo. It seemed that it was always the onstage plan for Danoh to die that’s why I have been wondering if they would really end it in a new manhwa. 

In a way a new manhwa might be better in terms of Danoh existing completely healthy. If she has successful heart surgery wouldn’t her life still be impacted by it? She’ll have to live with certain limitations for the rest of her life.

• Like 8

This has me worried... Should I cheer for Joo Da or be worried that she might lose it completely?

725149af1d1de5ce1f7d0809de769e4162a9aa69

ec3735721e855b860839f522bd22550f665773c3

Spoiler

73e7344dcf84625e66fda765c1896171dd08d9f0

af07e1e2a25a91a95f93cf5ce3b089f42c140145

d9d2875304e677a70b490cfbf7b61ac936ef513f

ef1a9b48e2006085cc636ef7af2ebad1b22d3b19

c6f988f2051b39f2ba7cf0f84b7d8f8182170e01

4f99ce0f52255da6345dbe46cc21edf11b79d86d

a748277c6ea54a53bdfa8dfcafef7c8d27fd1c0e

Credit: dramaintherain

Me:

tenor.gif

• LOL 9
  • Awesome 1

It's a filler episode for sure. I dont see the necessity of that scene with HR taking SM's mirror and practice his smiling face and being caught in the act by his classmates other than HR being cute. I think his overprotective arc is enough to emphasize that trait of him. Also the scene where BK wait for DO at her home. If the intention is to show BK confession then aren't the scene under the tree and in the park when he tell DO to take the surgery enough? That scene just makes BK looks worse for forcing his feelings even when DO says not to. Is this to spice the love triangle up between HR-DO-BK? To make him look swoonworthy? What about the JMC back story with the girl? What about BK's bro motive or back story?

It appears to me that the drama is famous in SK among teens/tweens, hence the drama team tries to maintain the light,funny vibe of the drama. And yes i sense the noble idiocy coming too. My fear of this drama going downward is bigger than my fear of DO's death.

On a positive note, i love seeing overprotective HR. I also love DO's scene with BK when DO says "i know you hate coming to hospital, but please bear with it just a bit longer, after this you wont have to come anymore". KHY act that part reeeeaalllyy well with tiny detail expression. I wish they could show that part of her more, because i think the drama's problem in this second half is maintaining the balance of this drama and also DO's character.

I hope tonight at least we'll get some answers especially to why and how DO died in TC.

And JD intrigues me. She somehow gives hope to DH but also keep her setup relationship with NJ.

Spoiler

The preview can be misleading. But the particular scene when someone put off DO oxygen mask scares me. Especially with BK narration just right before that scene, about character losing his/her awareness when he/she dies in the shadow. I'm having this bad thought that either BK/HR tries to kill DO in the shadow so that she will lose her awareness and give her less pain on the stage.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1

Hi,

This episode was so sad Haru is such pitiful & sad character to me he is always looked down by kyung ...

the writer is pushing too much Baek Kyung Dan Oh relationship? like see <_<he like her now ..he was rud just because of his setup now he love her in stage & shadow ! 
Isn't the tipical main lead character we get from cliché drama? 
I know alot are droolling for Baek Kyung & i understand some get attracted to the bad guy Baek Kyung style:smirk: (The actor is doing a gooooood job i love him) & all his sad back story but NO no NO writernim .....i am not buying it.  HELL NO
Well how can you support someone who is forcing himself ???
she told him several time that she like Haru !
I don't know why the director is doing this but Haru is so nice like realy realy realy :innocent:nice (btw didn't find the smile scene+the mirror was so childish to me  like <_<agh!!!!!!) what's for? ???that he made him look weak & Baek Kyung look like he has the upper hand .
i want him to stand for himself more .

I think the episode was empty they could have do better to add some stories with Namjoo +juda ..Haru Dan Oh.......and other.

• Like 7

I think BK brother killed Danoh  or BK will use to change scene him in final or this guy is so strange from the beginning and why is he in the story?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Also, I thought Danoh had to die onstage. I believe her character description said so because I remember commenting back then that the writer seems to hate Danoh. If Danoh has a chance to live onstage now it’s because Haru, Danoh and Do Hwa changed the stage back when they supplanted Juda/Namjoo. It seemed that it was always the onstage plan for Danoh to die that’s why I have been wondering if they would really end it in a new manhwa.

Yes that’s exactly what played out in TF.  The characters (eg Squid and HR/DO) all changed the stage back then which was why that comic ended in tragedy.  I have had a thought percolating through my mind right through.  I wonder if we are led to believe that the writer wanted this ending for DO in the first place.  Was it because they changed the stage so much back then in TF that resulted in the tragedy?  It was NOT the original intention of the writer to have them end like that.

We have been fed this idea that the writer is cruel, sadistic and “hates” DO but “loves” BK.  If that were the case I don’t see why the writer put in “little mercies” like the 300yo tree, the antique shop with trinkets for HR/DO to see on their date.  I think the writer is sending them subliminal messages through Squid, the new girl, BK’s obstinacy, revealing the story board to DO, even the introduction of HR...these are all warnings for them NOT to change the stage or it would end up in tragedy.  DO’s basic fundamental wish was “to live”, the audience has tagged on the love line with HR along with that wish.  But if she doesn’t live, the love line with HR is pointless.  If she lives, she can make the choice later about whether to marry BK or not.  So for her to “remain on BK’s side” may be just so she gets through the surgery to fix her heart for good.  BK wants her to go ahead with the surgery, HR does not, believing that she will die on the operating table as a result.  If DO allows HR to change her stage to halt or delay the surgery, I have a feeling she will die.  I don’t know why they kept having a pic of an AED next to DO’s face when she was talking to the doctor about her surgery.  There are surgically implantable defibrillators and they serve to monitor your heart and to “shock” it automatically when it stops...it’s life saving.  I wonder if that’s the surgery that’s being performed?  If it is and she has it then chances are when she gets her next heart Attack, she will live. Without it, it’s a rush to get her to the hospital or for paramedics to come around to shock her back to life.  It may prove too late.

For me the comic Secret is still in draft form, it’s not in print yet.  That’s why it can undergo rewrites.  Like when the character profile changed with the introduction of HR2.  It’s a work in progress.  The copy that the characters are reading is the draft.  TF on the other hand, is a completed comic, it’s already been printed so the story is already set in stone.

As for why the character descriptions were removed on the Channel site, maybe the screen Writers themselves are doing the very same thing real time as with the comic Secret.  Making it up as they go along and watching the characters develop on screen and then deciding on the final ending.  Now that would be really clever.  :lol:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 5

13 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Translation of the preview

Doctor: Dan Oh, even if she doesn’t get that dangerous surgery, I think she’s going to be okay.

JMC: He’s changed the stage again.
HR: I’m definitely fine in the stage, but I keep getting sick in the shadow now.
HR: Why do I keep feeling worried?
BK: Remember it. What happened because you changed the stage.
HR: The person who killed Dan Oh…was me.
DO: Ha Ru, why are you avoiding me?
HR: If the time that we had changed actually made you hurt more…
BK: Don’t change anything. Please.
DO: I’m sorry. I’m not going to do things that way. (think she means that she’s going to do as she pleases rather than as BK is asking her not to change anything further)
BK: It’s said that if one dies in the shadow, their self-awareness disappears. I guess that means that one wouldn’t even feel the sadness over living without self-determination. Actually, that might be okay as well.
HR: Dan Oh. Dan Oh, please let her live.

Spoiler

i know there was this one scene in the manhwa where haru had to sacrifice himself and got hurt for dan oh if i remember correctly? his last words were hoping for the stage to end already so he can meet dan oh with a smile eventhough he was badly hurt and when dan oh got back haru was starting to forget about her like ignoring her though he responds to her calling his name and jimichae says its because hes losing awareness (in the manhwa the characters (dan oh and haru) also wonders why the pain lingers despite with the stage changing 

it makes me wonder whether haru had to sacrifice himself in the shadow to save dan oh in the stage hence why the previews make it seem as if hes avoiding dan oh but its really because

Spoiler

he was starting to lose his awareness just like in the manhwa (but it also makes me thinl they wont be doing that to haru again right? its like the price of his disobedience towards the writer is losing every memory of dan oh

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images/gifs/videos.
  • Like 6

Please no i thought about it too :bawling:

Edited by Jillia
I embedded the link properly. :)
  • Sad 5
  • LOL 1

Drama's name even is "Oharu" in Korean why is somebody still think Danoh with BK in final ?:blink: really I can't understand this hopelessness always :joy: I am realist person so I never live  second male syndrom in dramas because "second male" is second male:joy: this is obvious in the beginning .

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

3 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Drama's name even is "Oharu" in Korean why is somebody still think Danoh with BK in final ?:blink: really I can't understand this hopelessness always :joy: I am realist person so I never live  second male syndrom in dramas because "second male" is second male:joy: this is obvious in the beginning .

LOL. I'd understand if the story were as vague or mysterious as the Reply series and they're rooting for BK based on hints shown in the drama, but that's not the case. :lol: We might get a tragic ending, but I'm quite certain Dan Oh won't change her mind about BK. DanHaru is pretty much endgame??? 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 6