[Drama 2019] Home for Summer, 여름아 부탁해

0ly40

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Start of next week, wishing that Sang Won and Geum Hee finally together and gets married. :wub:And before the week ends is pregnant with Sang Won's child. hahaha :blush:

That will really be punishment for Jun Ho. :tears:More than 10 years of being together with Geum Hee and no children only 6 miscarriages. :(

B)And here now with Sang Won only a few weeks married and she is already pregnant and I hope being taken cared of extremely with prejudice by Sang Won as to not loose that baby as Geum Hee is very delicate and easily miscarries.:) Wishing for good things to happen from now on.

19 hours ago, 10192123sangre said:

Start of next week, wishing that Sang Won and Geum Hee finally together and gets married

Knowing kdrama we have some battles between the two mothers, JH's interference, SM's jealousy and tantrums; more glass breaking and fits. More shouting from SW's mom (her voice is just.....) Some bouting from GH's mom, more scoffing from JH.. JH's running after GH, SM running after JH. JH doesn't concentrate on his job, this time he forgets to wear his shoes and goes to work wearing slippers, loses more clients. Father-in-law kicks him out of the clinic.  I can go on forever 

then episode  132: the short happy scene of GH, SW and YR.

happy dramas can hopefully be found in mini-series lol

We are in the home stretch of this drama it now time that SW and GH  come together  now and fight the obstacles together and not 5 minutes before the end of the series.. 

The thing I like about this drama is that the writer has created a number of characters that deserve some sort of punishment.  

This especially goes for the mother's who are the ones who have caused the problems facing SW, GH and YR.

I still cannot believe how thicked skin SW mother is and the unreasonable demand  GH's  mother  asked, to give up parental rights of YR.

In the next episode ,I hope SW reminds his father of what he said to him  when he approved SM and JH marriage.  "when you  become a  father yourself, you will understand were I am coming from".   So SW father should understand SW will do anything to protect his family which he sees  as GH the mother of his child and YR.

I am glad SW is now voicing strongly this lack of trust in his mother and SM in raising YR in any way.

In the coming episodes I also want HS react sternly to JH regarding organising a fake dad to trick GH.

I also want to see SW call out SM in front of his parents. I want SM involvement and his minion to be known. 

So I had to catch up with the episodes that I missed in a batch. Had a nice marathon of them. Also I found it nice that I got a partial prediction correct. I had predictied that the next person that would discover Youreum’s Birth secret would be Swarmy’s mother and it would be in episode 100. The later was true but the former wasn’t. instead of his mother it turned out to be Sang Won himself which I guess is better.

Spoiler

Now what is this that I am hearing about a 14 episode extension. I can understand a 4 episode extension due to days that the show couldn’t be aired due to cancelations due to public holidays or some match etc but I am unsure about 14 episodes.

@nohamahamoud2002 You may be excited right now since we will get another daily after this. First of all, let me cheer for that bit of information. Now back to point. But how long will that excitement last when this writer will probably have to drag the story to get to that point. We already know how this writer likes to drag plots at times. Remember how long it took the main leads to actually meet up. Just in case someone wasn’t keeping track. It was 15 episodes when they first ran into each other. I would say that this was the first time for me to watch how long it took them to meet up. Understandable in this case since she was still happily married to her husband at that time. But still 15 episodes might be a bit long for me. I am unsure if any other drama has taken the main leads to meet up after such a long time. We didn’t even have any misunderstandings between them which was good considering how long it took for them to meet up etc

But regardless of this let’s see some of the plot lines that need to be resolved. Clearly since the main leads need to end up together we will leave that bit for later.

Firstly, we have Dr. Girls storyline. She needs to hopefully give up on Sang Won. Sadly, him revealing Youreum as his son isn’t going to be enough to dissuade her. We have seen just how determined she is to get him that none of the following things prevented her. Knowing that a.) he was uninterested in her. B.) She had a rival in love, c.) That he was a father. Infact she just got free Brownie Points from his family when she informed them that she was still willing to marry Sang Won and raise his kid. So at this point it would be highly unlikely that she will give up on him just because she has discovered that Youreum is his long lost kid and that he was adopted by Geum Hui and thus Sang Won has another reason to marry Geum Hui. She is the stubborn and clingy type like Cheating Witch. It will probably take 3 more episodes if we are lucky for her to finally get the message.

She also needs to realize that she has no kind of bargaining chip to hold on to Sang Won so she better give up before she gets more hurt. She has nothing to threaten or blackmail or make him feel guilty towards her unlike Cheating Witch. Such as she can’t blackmail him of withholding his son’s identity in return for marrying her and only reveal said fact after marriage because he is already aware of this fact. The only way that I can her give him a guilt trip and increase the number of episodes to drag her plotline is if for instance she saves Youreum’s life from an accident and gets injured in the process Sang Won might feel a bit of guilt and responsibility and may then think of marrying her. Only to discover at the last moment that her injury isn’t as serious as she was making it out to be. Then he can dump her for good and tell her to get out of his life. No more even friend zoning her at this point.

Therefore, I feel the best resolution for her story would be to realize that she has no hope of getting Sang Won and perhaps decide to move on and if better let her try a new start abroad. Then after the time skip in the final episode we can have her return and find out that she finally found some love and has gotten married abroad. Having her leave town would also help her greatly from saving her from her abusive father as well.

Another thing that needs to be resolved is the matter of Geum Ju and Swarmy’s Brothers relationship. This was initially resolved when her parents finally decided to give in and allow them to be an item but this was prior to his mother taking out a loan and falling into debt. Now he has to probably pay that up since Swarmy has no intention of doing so. I doubt that her mother would be so willing to allow her daughter to marry into that family under such circumstances. Regardless with this we lead into his mother’s situation. Therefore, we need to hope that she has finally learned her lesson and won’t be too greedy anymore otherwise we can have a few more episodes to drag this matter till she finally sees the light.

The loan sharks can’t be taken seriously even when they try to be intimidating. They are like the Laurel and Hardy of the Loan Shark world. Hopefully their story will be resolved quickly as well. The best case scenario here would be if they decide to just accept Geum Joo’s autograph which they might decide to sell later on to recoup their losses especially when she becomes a superstar. They might also come in useful later on perhaps when the main leads need to track someone down. For instance, Sang Won’s mother is kicked out of the house once again for pulling one of her stunts and this time she has no money. So she decides to take out a loan from the loan sharks and also kidnaps Youreum along the way as well. Then the main leads hire the loan sharks to help find the mother as they would be in a win win situation. Perhaps these Laurel and Hardy Loan Sharks may eventually become the Three Stooges when Cheating Witches loyal lapdog becomes a member of their club. Also at that point they may become people who become good at tracking missing people and become like a lost and found center for such people etc.. This way they can do good instead of threatening other people and also have a decent job.

Then we need to resolve the situation regarding Swarmy and Cheating Witch. They either need to get a divorce or live with their choices regardless it needs to be done. Frankly I don’t think that a divorce is necessary for them just so that Geum Hui and Sang Won to get married. Yes, married into that house might be a bit uncomfortable for the people involved but it can be handled more or less. For instance, Sang Won can live independently with Geum Hui and while he can visit his family whenever he wants Geum Hui can more or less be excused to do so except during the family ceremonial events and at best come meet them every weekend so that she isn’t totally isolated from them. This way she only gets to see them for a few hours at best. Also another reason why a divorce isn’t totally necessary is because we have to remember something. It seems that only a select few know that Swarmy was married to Geum Hui or what she looks like since this was an embarrassing fact for Sang Won’s family. Therefore, they didn’t publically advertise the fact that their daughter had an affair with a married man and then married him. This means that even if she marries into that family only a few people will actually know her and what has happened to her therefore a marriage is still possible without anyone getting a divorce. But the way things are going it might still need to happen.

We also then need the two families to agree to let the two children finally settle down and get married. This brings me to Dr. Rock. People think that he may be slightly better than his wife but after watching these last few episodes I am going to disagree with this fact. Infact he is just as selfish as her but he is slightly more smart about it. One would think that he only cares about two things. His precious rock collection and his sister. Also it may appear that he may be a bit more open minded than his wife since he isn’t a snob like her and thus allowed his sister to marry their driver. But we soon come to realize that this isn’t the case. He can be just as selfish as his wife. Take into consideration the latest episode. First he tells his sister to forgive her husband because he has trouble commuting on his own if that isn’t selfish what is. He doesn’t fully consider what his sister is going through. Then finally we get his reaction at the end of the recent episode. Deep down he was hoping that Sang Won would go and take Youreum from Geum Hui instead of deciding to marry her. His reaction says it all about the person that he really is. Also for someone that is willing to accept a driver as a BiL it is surprising that he isn’t willing to accept someone as his DiL who comes from humble roots. This includes both Bora and Geum Hui now. Now why is he smarter than his wife is simple. He knows exactly what kind of wife he has married into (atleast after living for so long with her). It is for that reason why he doesn’t do anything. He pretends to be nice while he lets his wife get her hands dirty of getting rid of all the obstacles in their family’s way. This way he can feign not only ignorance but at the same time seem a bit righteous when the wife gets caught with one of her stunts. Ungrateful Witch seems to be aware of this situation and that is why she confidently returned home after she was kicked out and was also the reason why she managed to convince him to let her stay till she resolved the Sang Won Situation. Did the husband really think that his wife would sit still at home and let Sang Won deal with the matter on his own. I am starting to have my doubts regarding this.

Fortunately for us Sang Won is an adult and has the rights to make his own decisions regarding with whom he wants to be with and considering all that his parents did in the past they literally have no say in this matter especially without getting to know the girl he wants to marry better. His uncle better support and help him so that he can make up for his earlier actions. I can see Sang Won to try and cut a deal with his family so that they accept Geum Hui as family. We have all seen how his mother wanted him to be a doctor but he gave up that dream because of Bora. He did find his new love in cooking but I can see him try and promise that he would return to becoming a doctor if they approve of his marriage with Geum Hui. We can therefore get a few episodes of Swarmy getting jealous of this and also angry since the only reason that he married into that family was in the hopes of getting that clinic under his name since he had no one else to challenge him for the throne but things will be different now since both his In Laws will be more than willing to let Sang Won not only return but also run the clinic later on. This will thus give a few episodes where Swarmy will try to sabotage Sang Won to make him look bad so that people will start to talk as to how Sang Won only got the post due to nepotism and that he doesn’t deserve it. Then we will get a few episodes to have his name not only cleared but also to have Swarm exposed as the guilty party. Then everyone will probably have to deal with those repercussions. As for Geum Hui she can get the restaurant and take care of it while Sang Won is busy running the clinic and he can always return to it whenever he is this way he can still continue to do what he likes as well as pleasing his parents. Probably the best case scenario that I can come up with at present unless his parents decide to approve of Geum Hui as is and also allow him to remain a chef.

Some people have pointed out that the best thing for Sang Won to protect Yoreum is to give up his parental rights so that his parents have no say in the matter. I have to disagree with that. I believe that I already mentioned the reason as to why this wouldn’t work and what the Witchy Duo would come up with to get possession of Youreum again. In short I suspect that they would suddenly be willing to accept Geum Hui as part of their family. But once that would happen they would try their level best to convince her to add Youreum as part of Sang Won’s family register (unless that automatically happens when he marries her). Once that happens they will try their level best to give her a hard time so that she decides to leave the family on her own. Meaning they won’t bring up the matter on their own. When that happens they will say that they tried to make the marriage work but she wasn’t willing or something to that extent. Thus they appear to be the good guys and Geum Hui as the unreasonable one. Regardless they will accept Geum Hui’s divorvce but tell her that she may leave if she wants but she can’t take Youreum with her because a.) he is that families bloodline and b.) he isn’t her son anymore as he is registered as Sang Won’s kid etc.. Meaning that she will have no choice to leave empty handed. We also know that when the Witchy Duo will be giving her a hard time Geum Hui will be silently taking on all that abuse without revealing any of it to Sang Won because she wouldn’t want him to get on bad terms with his family because of her. The only way that she can be protected from this is if she has more people on her side but I doubt that they can always be there to protect her. Sang Won will be busy at work so he can’t be there but when he is you can be sure that he will protect her. The aunt is the other person that can be on her side. But we all know just how cunning Ungrateful Witch can be. Whenever she would want to give Geum Hui a hard time she will probably find some sort of excuse to get rid of the Aunt for a short period of time and during that time be harsh towards Geum Hui and since there would be no witness she knows that even if Geum Hui were to complain nobody would believe her and if Sang Won did she would just try and claim that Geum Hui was trying to come between mother and son and making up stuff etc..

Anyway I have to go now for the time being. So I will try and complete my post later on. So till then take care all of you and keep posting

30 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Just kidding. Actually, I totally agree with you that GH needs to start stepping up in terms of having SW in her and YR's life. I would hope that GH would at least be practical enough to know that as long as SW wants GH to raise YR, but also wants to be in GH and YR's life, it's not as if SW is going to go be with any other woman. So, if GH continues to deny SW, it just means that poor SW will need to be a perpetual bachelor, waiting for GH to come to her senses.

I find it very rare for lead ladies to have brains in kdrama :D maybe villains only

@yamiyugi the extension is a good chance to continue my Korean self-study lessons  lol

Both moms were hurt in last episode. (Ugh I wish I knew how to do thumbnails. @stroppyse please help)

Anyway SW mom got a throw down when he told that GH protected his son that she tried to kill. (Slap in yo face) While GH mom's heart should be bleeding tears when she heard her daughter confess her love for SW only to then say I won't do anything to hurt or displease you. Basically saying my future happiness I give up for your pride.

I love how both families face similar situations but how each affected individual deals with it so differently.

@stroppyseI if her mom accepts him then she will as well ,GH is not the only one who is  in this it  effects YR and SW as well and SW   most certainly will not  let her do that. Some people just put stupid thoughts in her head and SW and her family trying to take them out.

She  will have nothing to lose by marrying SW and I am sure her family will approve this week. I think these are just passing thoughts since saying one thing and doing something their is a big difference between the two

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

SW keeps begging for GH to trust him and be with him. However, GH keeps thinking of ways for them not to be together, and even giving up on YR. Despite knowing that both SW and YR love her, she's really thinking of letting both of them go???? For their own sake???? How does this make any sense? Why is GH so brainless right now?

GH, like most female leads, is not brave. I am not surprised. But I don't doubt her love for YR. She wants to backoff because she can't fight SW's family. Her love for YR is much stronger than her love for SW. From her point of view she is doing what is best for YR :(

Poor Swarmy - he just doesn't get it. Even with his pea-sized brain you'd thought some realizations would have penetrated. Swarmy, you've burned your bridges with GH. You might as well stay on your side of the river with SM & her lovable family. 

Family - a wonderful support system but unfortunately every member seems to think he or she is smarter than the other. What you think is for a member's own good actually hurts or hinders them. There's a fine line between advice & demands. I was always taught to be very careful with my words (unless it's on a Kdrama forum :D). And this goes for both GH & SM's families. I would like to know a bit more about SM's mother, like her upbringing/background.

Archived