Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Love Affair in the Afternoon, 평일 오후 세시의 연인

Just finished watching with subs... Cried again at the scene when CSA's husband and children asking her to stay. And also when JE and JW broke down after signing the agreement not to ever meet or pay MY monetary compensation.... Seriously, putting a price on her husband's fidelity?? I really wish that JW has valid reason to divorce her. CMIIW, but doesn't the baby she was pushing in stroller look rather Caucasian?

• Insightful 3

Here we go... the finale...

JW returned to the house left by his grandfather, reminiscing his time there with JE. He took out the necklace and looked at it sadly.

Cut to JE burning the shoes. CK running home as fast as his might while calling out her name. He ran up the stairs and the house is full of smoke, sprinkler turning on and JE already fallen unconscious.

Cut to CSA reading bedtime story to Aram. Ajin came in and joined them happily. She tucked both of them in Aram's bed.

Cut to DHY with his wrist bandaged looking at the unfinished painting. A text came in from CSA apologizing for not being able to go back because Aram is not well. He replied it's okay, he's fine, how is Aram? Flashback to their happy times. DHY teared silently.

CSA is tidying husband's desk, and she saw the earrings. and then the magazine where her photo-shoot was published in. She flashback to her days as ballerina and when watching the dance with DHY. Then she overheard husband talking to Director Lee. CSA stretched out her hand, asking for the ring back. He gave it back to her. She walked out.

At hospital, JE is still unconscious with CK staying by her side. Two policemen arrived and talked to him a bit and asked him to be more careful in the future. Later, JE is seated up on her bed. CK very slowly said: JE-ah, let us get a divorce. And he got up to leave her bed and sitting at a dark waiting area of the hospital, crying.... I'm crying too... :bawling: JE also in her bed tearing...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

@ktcjdrama are you live capping ? 

Anyway there were a couple of scenes of JW at his granddad’s house reminiscing his time with JE . 

Scene of sA reading to her kids . SA gets a call from Artist . She takes back her ring from husband 

JE hubs decided to give her a divorce when she walked up  from hospital bed  . He cries 

And MY is a the gynae but her doc says she’s not pregnant. She can’t belive it . Takes out her pregnancy test stick & she can’t believe the results are negative. She cries , JW gave her a hug to comfort her 

Scene of JW in a plane seat (?) but they don’t show if he’s with anyone 

edit : ok leave the Live caps to you @ktcjdrama  . Will camp here as well. 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

JW and MY exiting a building with suitcases. Her parents are sending them off. JW even assured the worried parents. They're on a plane. JW flashback to their visit to the doctor. Doctor said it's imaginary pregnancy. MY said no it isn't, and took out her pregnancy test, which has only one line. Doctor said it is possible. She was shocked and cried. Doctor voice-over saying that JW should take good care of her because she is stressed?

DHY putting a cover on his unfinished painting. He texted CSA to meet because he has something to say. They met, and CSA was worried when she saw his injured hand. DHY said it's okay, he was not careful. He noticed CSA not wearing her ring anymore. He also told her that he is leaving for Spain again and this time doesn't know when he will come back, while looking away. CSA seemed to know he is not telling the truth. She took out the rings and returned them to him, said some stuff. They hugged each other tightly. And I think it's a goodbye for them as they turned and walked away in opposite direction.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Ok I think the drama is feeling hopeful. JE is moving out.  I feel maybe we can get a happy ending . Fingers crossed 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

JE walking out of her apartment building with a suitcase. CK seeing her off. He handed her Hope in a small cage and asked if he needs to call a cab for her. They are talking calmly and amicably. He asked what will she do after this? She still doesn't know. She asked him to go back in. They are smiling and laughing a little. As JE turned to leave, CK said Sorry JE. For what? For what you have to endure all these while. JE walked away with a smile on her face. She met CSA on the way. They smiled and went to a cafe for a chat. CSA told her that DHY went to Spain, so she did think it's true. JE asked how she is doing. CSA said she is happy. Being by his side she is happy, being with her children she is happy too. JE shared that she really hated CSA when they met but now she understand why she likes her. CSA asked about JE. JE said from now on she will just live her life as her heart wishes. They parted ways with narration from JE.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 4

DHY standing in his empty studio, with suitcase. Director Lee sending some texts to him, something about lawyer. He just laughed and left his apartment.

CSA's hubs office. Meeting again, with staff and Jenny. I think talking about the damages of the books. He looks really down and resigned. He walked back to his office and sighed.

Lover Boy waiting for CSA in front of her house. They sat at a cafe. He asked how is the wrist of that person. CSA: So you're the one who did it... She told him that they separated already, no matter how much they love each other. She also advised the Lover Boy to really end it here and give his love to another girl. She shook his hand and they parted.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

I love how much stronger & how liberated JE is . Her tying her own shoe lace , setting the bird free . I feel happy for her . 

Looks like there’s a 3 year time jump & she’s looking happy running a bed & breakfast. 

And she’s gone back to her writing .

Edited by triplem
  • Like 8
  • Love 2

JE in a cab, heading somewhere with lots of greens and trees. As she walked with Hope, her shoelaces came untied, so she tied them up herself. Narration of her that from now, she is on her own, she is herself not anybody's lover, etc, etc... O, she went to JW grandpa's house. She sat down at the big bench outside, and she let Hope fly away, with a smile telling her go fly and live your live as you please.

DHY at airport, looking at his boarding pass. CSA walking by roadside and looked up to a plane flying off in the air.

JE left the empty bird cage with opened door hanging by the entrance to Grandpa's house.

I think we have a time jump. Happy BGM as JE riding her bicycle, sporting a slightly permed hair. She stopped and greeted some people where are they going, then she gave them some advice. Cut to her cleaning rooms and beds. I think she works at some BnB... She looks happily to the sea.... Evening came and she sat down by the balcony, writing something on her computer.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

Oooo JW is in Korea , in a park studying somr flowers . His student bumps into him. . (Are you happy saem? He says of course ) . Is he really ? His eyes say something else 

omo! Looks like JE is also in the same park . But they hv not met 

nice to see SA teaching ballet to adults, doing something she loves 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

JW at some garden, his student came and called him. They walked and talked updating each other of their lives. He is working at the garden. Student has his own coffee shop now. He asked if JW is happy and he replied yes. They laughed and walked away happily.

JE is walking somewhere. Came across a bronze statue, and kinda made a prayer in front of it? Then she made a call, seems like not good news (rejection of her work?), but she took it well and optimistically. She is not giving up.

DHY at a club and saw someone dancing, flashback to CSA dancing, he took out a notebook and started drawing. Cut to Lee answering a call, then opened a file on her computer. She looked happy. Then it's DHY receiving interviews.

CSA is now teaching ballet to some women. When the class dismissed, she got a video call from Ajin, asking her opinion on some ballet costume. She has a hard time deciding, CSA ended by telling her to follow what her heart wants.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

First clip uploaded on channel A YT

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Omg ...JE at market sees MY with baby in stroller . She quickly hid. But baby looks mixed . Then SHS sees MY’s hubs . He’s Caucasian! 

So looks like JW & MY separated ! And MY had remarried 

Oh yeah !!!!  

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Aww jE visits her ex MIL . CK walks in with intern , now Wife . And baby !

So looks like no JW babies :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

JE is at the wet market, and interacting happily with the vendors. As she was shopping, her gaze turned and she saw something that rather stunned her. It's MY pushing baby stroller. She quickly got up and hid. She got better view of MY and baby, a bit shocked, just then she saw a Caucasian approaching MY sweetly handing her drinks. Later at home, she checked MY's IG and there were pictures of her babies and also her caption that she got married. CK called JE telling her that MIL is missing her, can she come over this weekend? Sure.

Coffee shop, Student is making coffee, some girls adoring him. Just then Ajin came and called him Oppa.

JE is walking in a hospital/hospice? MIL is there. She is so happy to see JE that she ran to her barefooted. JE asked her to put on slipper first. She has dementia? JE asked her why is she in hospital. MIL said CK kept asking her to get checked into hospital. Just then, CK came in, carrying a baby, followed by Intern. They got married!! MIL didn't know she has another daughter-in-law. JE went out of the room, feeling sad.

Cut to Ajin going to perform. Family visited her and cheered her on at the backstage.

• Like 4
  • Unamused 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

JE takes a walk in the park after the hospital visit.. looks at the flowers . Slowly & deeply . Think of JW & their early interactions. 

(They better not give some open ending ) 

i think SA & hubs are no longer married but they maintain a good friendship for the daughter’s sake . Her girls are well adjusted, hv accepted the parents divorce & live with dad . But they still do things together. SA has her own place now . 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I am so happy to see CK and JE relationship remained so friendly. The three of them sitting together with baby. JE apologized to Intern because MIL is still regarding her as DIL, but Intern is all cool with it. CK is a doting father. CK saw JE off, and wishes her to live happy and be happy.

JE happily got off the bus, and somehow wandered to the park where she often met JW, the bridge where he tied her shoelaces. She squat down to look at some morning glories, remembering what JW told her about it. Then she walked away.

CSA family arrived at home in their car. The girls said goodbye to her. She told her to come by her house. She once again congratulated Ajin. They said their goodbyes and CSA walked away. Hubs looked at her walking away and sighed, then smiled. So they didn't get back together, but still maintain the family unit.... SA reached her apartment, took out a drink, then the doorbell rings. She got a delivery of painting. Cut to DHY painting. He wears their rings as his necklace. Cut back to CSA tearing as she looked at the finished painting from DHY.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

They finally meet when JE went to the grandfather’s house to check on the bird cage !!!!! They smile at each other !!! Happy ending ! 

———

am gonna miss this drama & the OTP

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

JE is on a bus. She took out a pen, narration that she is now really SJE, etc, etc. She went to JW's grandpa's house. She saw the empty birdcage with some dried straws in it now.... Then JW's voice at the back saying something about Sarang is back? They met again!! Some narration about Sarang/Love.... Camera pans out as they looked lovingly at each other.

Thank you, Writer-nim and PD-nim!! for giving us a happy open ending :kiss_wink:

I can go to sleep peacefully.... :lol:

• Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 3