[Drama 2019] The Banker, 더 뱅커

larus

10 minutes ago, seteney said:

I agree, also add that an older main cast will be most likely dismissed as not exciting enough. But they all do a fine job, especially Kang, who is sooooo shady and lowkey malicious.

yea kang is such a hard character to define -- ajusshi is doing a fantastic job at being so shady and sneaky. hope none of us ever end up with bosses like that!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

yea kang is such a hard character to define -- ajusshi is doing a fantastic job at being so shady and sneaky. hope none of us ever end up with bosses like that!

"Miss Seteney, I am happy to offer you a promotion"

*thinks of Kang*

"I won't fall for that trap, MISTER!"

:lol:

3 hours ago, joccu said:

What president Kang really want? more power or what? And what Vice president want? reform to bank and oust president Kang or something else?

Through the former teller we know there is a wealthy and powerful group behind the scheme D1. Kang is probably in some way related to them and in the end it's really just about money and power. He kinda reminds me of Scrooge McDuck, but a more pychopath version

1ZK0bsD.gif

Yeah, I also think that this is Lee's plan. But his mistake is that he thinks he can run everything by himself. He doesn't takes No serious and is being a jerk to Han, even though these two are the best allies he could have.

On 4/12/2019 at 12:42 PM, seteney said:

I hope Lee, No and Han will team up and Han will become the President in the end, because I can't see Lee as the winner here

I hope so too. I think it would be awesome if Han becomes the President.

17 hours ago, seteney said:

Yeah, more need to watch, it's getting better and better with each episode.

I think so too. I think the first 2 episodes were a bit dry, and maybe put some people off. But this drama is so good.

17 hours ago, Lmangla said:

it was great to get some insight into Do -- she wanted so much to break the glass ceiling that she was willing to cut corners, be rude and push people.

I thought it was in her bones to begin with....  She always wanted to be at the top,  and Kang used her wisely.

17 hours ago, Lmangla said:

this drama was a bit of random watch for me and so I am really surprised (in good way) that it looks like it is going to be a full blown corporate/political scandal with lots of implications which makes it really fascinating to watch.

I love the cast, esp.  the veteran ones. So I knew I will be giving it a try.
I was weary of the newbie scriptwriters, but they are doing a great job.

22 hours ago, seteney said:

Please enjoy offended Yook :lol: The actor has some hilarious facial expressions.

Thank you for that, @seteney.  I love Ahn Nae-Sang. He is such a versatile actor.  I find that he has such a funny side to him. He was hilarious in the beginning of "Unni is Alive," when he compared himself to Al Pacino...

18 hours ago, Lmangla said:

please do vote

Thank you @Lmangla' Done.

2 hours ago, irilight said:

I think it would be awesome if Han becomes the President.

Also I like how Do told her to more or less look after No, who so naively thinks he has Kangs back. I know Do has a grudge against No, but the anger at Kang is bigger, after all No did what he thinks he had to do, not out of malicious reasons.

So I hope Han and No get along again and fight Kang jX7CbI1.gif

I think the first 2 episodes were a bit dry, and maybe put some people off.

Even if a bit dry, one saw the potential and continued luckily. I remember I had a hard time with Secret Forest at first :ph34r:

I was weary of the newbie scriptwriters, but they are doing a great job.

Indeed :)

I love Ahn Nae-Sang. He is such a versatile actor.  I find that he has such a funny side to him. He was hilarious in the beginning of "Unni is Alive," when he compared himself to Al Pacino...

I know him from Misty as annoying detective and iirc from the Luther adaption, and I always remember his pouting face. I like it when drama actors have an inner clown.

5 hours ago, seteney said:

*say cheese*

ooh, such happy pics. great to see the cast are having fun. :D

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Poor Granny! How could they burn down her building  :rage:

Looking forward to what Noh will do next~

as the building got burnt, this will now become more of a criminal case once it all comes out? as opposed to just a financial/land grabbing case?

finding VP Lee more and more funny with his cutting dry remarks. -- "even a mouse will attack a cat if cornered but what to do, I am a tiger, not a mouse." bwaahhahahah... what a comeback/verbal slap to pres. kang (ep 13). their verbal battles are quite amusing. :lol:

poor bo geol -- he got rejected by secretary! hahahha... so drowning his sorrows in karoake. looks like she has a crush on IT guy and it may be mutual?

and in addition to the old men's quartet, we also have a bunch of rich kids who call themselves "the best" who are also part of this D1 plan. it is like one bad group after another..

wondering how lee, noh and han will all play their cards. will they form their own secret triangle to bring down kang and create reform in the bank?

Ep13

The Granny :tears:

"We must eradicate the one in charge. No matter who..." I like feisty No. But this will be a long and hard fight.

Old evil dudes, who can die any minute because of their fatted hearts and livers, still having the need to go through this project.

"You will rip Carrie like that" Seo has a name for the tent? lmao "I was raised spoiled" He kills me and he has a nice butt, if I may say. :ph34r: The cleaning lady dragging him, poor Seo.

No and Han getting thankfully closer again and welp, of course her secretary is a mole for Kang....

Idk I find it hilarious how Kang brings No into the bank to get rid off people he doesn't likes, but he will be probably his downfall. *insert VP Lee chuckle*

Those two dudes giving No tips is a tad suspicious to me, as their motto is always to lean back and chill.

"You have such pretty eyes" *Checks his eyes* SEO

"He is practically an amoeba" and you are a dull, duuuuul man, Moon.

NSxGbMk.png

Why is this so funny? And why can't I meet him in a lift? Ohh, Lee trying get No onto his side..

YwsECoU.png

A messy hottie, who lives for drama. Bahaha, how he goes to Kang, in such good mood and then sees Han. As if he is like "But I am the chosen one".

Kang also a messy Queen, knowing where to bother Lee.

On 4/18/2019 at 10:40 AM, Lmangla said:

finding VP Lee more and more funny with his cutting dry remarks. -- "even a mouse will attack a cat if cornered but what to do, I am a tiger, not a mouse." bwaahhahahah... what a comeback/verbal slap to pres. kang (ep 13). their verbal battles are quite amusing. :lol:

Yes, I enjoyed this so much "You have to brew that tea a bit longer, in order to get the best taste". 4fGnegq.gif

"A tiger cub is still a tiger". Kang ready to kick back, but Lee knows what Kang is planning. And he has already a strategy by seeing his pregnant secretary. There come the disgruntled union leaders :lol:

"Don't you care about the welfare of our employees?" Lee, you weasel A4uhZ1r.gif Oh this backfired hard, damn, and this in public.

End of Ep13

10 hours ago, foreverempress said:

I knew Han was a piece of work. She had "gutter" in her since episode one. She is greedy like everyone else and will betray No to prove her loyalty and then to oust the President. The only non-rat is Mr. Noh!

I am not there yet, but I would be so disappointed if she truly sells No out. Then again she was already okay to oust Kang out to help Yook, so :ph34r:

Ep 14

No and his brown coat and old bag though :lol: He has to be a Virgo, clean but stingy.

Well, as expected the former branch manager was paid off very well for his co-scheming and can't 'remember' anything.

The chauffeur 'if you just smack them hard enough, they will remember again' :lol:

Of course that former colleague of Han is a weasel himself and it seems everyone snitches and blackmails.

Lee, after that humiliating meeting, teams now up with the freelance reporter who gave him important infos before. If he covers the D1 plans, he won't pay his debth back to the bank.

IoRVmE4.jpg

Alexa, play "Miss Platnum feat. Pete Fox - Come Marry Me"

Anyway, where were we? So Bae, the man who burned the building down and Jung talk about Kang not being amused about this action and Bae worries if Kang will do something, but Jung assures him he is under his wings... probably some chicken wings, the way he always behaves as if he is to get his fav dish.

Team No bringing all infos together they have collected: the old lady's building was under the district of the D1 plan and REITs Department was in charge of the D1 plan. The plans of REITs doesn't go through the head office evaluation, they screen their own projects at REITs Department. The decision maker of this plan was Yook Kwan Shik, who was the head of the department and only reported to the President and auditor once a quarter. The Yongbuk Branch most likely acted as the window for the D1 plan of the REITs Department. The developer of the disctrict including the old lady's building was Seomin Finance and the representative Park Jung Bae of Seomin Agency. The director of the Agency was Kim Myung Soo, remember the dude who did the accident in episode 1 and lost money? The registered Director of Seomin Finances was Bae Dong Seok.

kf9hAga.jpg

*me as impressed watcher*

Moon checked all the branches that weren't related to Director Do - miss this woman and her wonky smirk - and Nos branch was closed because of Seomin Distribution.

Jang being totally mad and Seo trying his move onto her, thinking she needs comfort :lol: But feisty Jang doesn't needs that

oheeziz.jpg

Forget Han, I want her to rule this bank tjanFBb.gif

Unfortunately they can't hold the bank accountable for now, because it had officially nothing to do with it. It was also a 'lawful development plan, lawful loan proposal and lawful approval'. team No struggles to find any physical proof for their findings.

No wants to talk with Kang who is again doing his 'I am the good one' shtick at first. I love No, but after being warned by Yook and all the findings, he and his team should be way more suspicious and hide things.

"How could this happen? I'm afraid I trusted him too much" *insert offended Yook gif*

Kang telling him he needs to stop before the bank gets a huge image damage and while he talks No looks at him like :mellow::mellow::mellow:

Seo singing and being jealous of Moon :lol:

The secretary planted wrong infos about D1 that were to be found by Seo.

Oh and here come the spoiled brats, who Bae is working for. "If they were born into rich families, they should just enjoy their wealth" too true.

The weasal offers Han the actual document for a payout a d she doesn't believes at first the copy Seo found was false and goes to the archive to make an other found it seems.

End of ep14

Ep15

Han is in the archive and finds the blunder in the false document. The new logo of the Bank was on the document, but the document was supposed to be from 2014 and they still had the old one. The weasel sent her a photo of an actual document that had the old logo. Kang creeping on her...

Han tells him about her findings - too bad she seems to sell him out later 4fGnegq.gif

It really cracks me up how they call themselves 'The Best' but have anyone else do the actual work.

Oh they all are coming for Kang...welp.

"The bank has a dull auditor, doesn't it?" Someone please smack that Jung?

Omg I totally forgot Seo is still sleeping in the office and the secretary didn't see this coming lmao.

No still not wanting to believe King Kang would be corrupt, ay. The weasel is being frank with Han, telling her with that document she could have an upper hand, since she has not family ties to the bank, similar connections or merits.

jBRo9Gp.jpg

A personal moment for a change.

Of course No won't buy the papers, he is No after all and like Han said, he is kinda proud.

VP Lee in attack mode on his competitor Han

Even when outside the country, Kang knows how to kick our tiger cub in the guts by supporting the competition.

Kang comes back from Germany with the President of an other bank and gets humiliated in front of him by having none of his executives showing up. Of course Lee was behind this B) I love their catfight lmao. The secretary doesn't sees Lee as a threat, but hey is a baby tiger, don't underestimate him.

Oh, so we do meet Yook again at jail! Missed that ol' man.

job11BW.jpg

Guess the threats against his sons positions made him shut up, but at least we got a glimpse of him, means he will talk eventually.

End of ep15.

17 hours ago, seteney said:

:triumph:

Okay, she is cancelled till further notice.

kekeke.. in a way, it is expected no? she was yook's team where she was happy to some of the dirty work as a way to get ahead. now, that she has no mentor, she needed to jump on some ship to make it happen. also, when you work in an environment with factions, it is very difficult to be like noh who refuses to choose. have any of you ever worked in such environments with lots of factions?

it is also a great example of how people get so caught up in corporate politics as an attempt to save their job that it becomes easier to do more and more wrongs but then it comes out and everyone is like "woah?!"

but we will have to see how far she goes to prove her loyalty to kang and whether that will cost her. lee warned her that accepting gifts from kang would be costly as he knew from personal experience. hope she had the sense to at least photocopy that D1 plan?

so noh is bit of an idealist where he genuinely wants to see reform but there is also the element of family. because his wife is sick, it almost brings sharply into focus what's important for him. and at times like that, there is no energy for the kind of nitpicking politics that happens in office and so we see him even turn down lee. noh does understand people and so was astute enough to ask "is it power or reform you really want?" -- with lee, it is actually a combination of both...

7 hours ago, seteney said:

Kang comes back from Germany with the President of an other bank and gets humiliated in front of him by having none of his executives showing up. Of course Lee was behind this B) I love their catfight lmao.

their petty catfights are pretty hilarious....

and how funny was that Moon IT guy also has a side gig as a musician? and seo geol crying "omma!" during the concert.. hahahahha...

7 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke.. in a way, it is expected no? she was yook's team where she was happy to some of the dirty work as a way to get ahead. now, that she has no mentor, she needed to jump on some ship to make it happen. also, when you work in an environment with factions, it is very difficult to be like noh who refuses to choose. have any of you ever worked in such environments with lots of factions?

True that, especially after that weasel told her she has no allies and her calling out No for being too proud, she officially is now on power seeking modus. And yes, you can't blame her at all, one mistake and she is out and even worse also gets into jail like Yook and Do. But still, going now after No in the newer episodes made me cancel her *flips hair*

so noh is bit of an idealist where he genuinely wants to see reform but there is also the element of family. because his wife is sick, it almost brings sharply into focus what's important for him. and at times like that, there is no energy for the kind of nitpicking politics that happens in office and so we see him even turn down lee. noh does understand people and so was astute enough to ask "is it power or reform you really want?" -- with lee, it is actually a combination of both...

No is still way too naive for his own good in that kind of environment, but slowly gets his wake up call. I don't expect him to turn into this swag oozing bamf one, but that he eventually is more aware of everything without losing his kindness. But please switch your coat and bag :D But the way he arrived, he will leave. I can't wait to see D1 imploding, killing the plans of several scumbags and he leaves with brown coat and old bag.

their petty catfights are pretty hilarious....

Give me the next round of the catfight

SXmi8sh.gif

and seo geol crying "omma!" during the concert..

Seo is so uncool, I love him.

Archived