[Drama 2019] The Banker, 더 뱅커

larus

17 minutes ago, seteney said:
8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

and seo geol crying "omma!" during the concert..

Seo is so uncool, I love him.

hahahah. :D love how the character is drawn -- yea, he is a  goofball but we have to hand it to him, he has an uncanny ability to find info in haystacks. so he does have some talent. hahahah....

19 minutes ago, seteney said:

But please switch your coat and bag :D But the way he arrived, he will leave. I can't wait to see D1 imploding, killing the plans of several scumbags and he leaves with brown coat and old bag.

kekek... did you notice that chairman kang also wears a brown coat and hat? am not sure what is with this show and raincoat type PPL?! is it in fashion? this old fashioned coat? and as for the bag, feel like I remember reading some news long ago about a finance/economics minister in some country who had been using the same bag for years and people thought he was so coolly frugal to not indulge in a name brand. was it korea? wish I could remember but noh's bag reminds me of that kind of frugality -- if it aint broke, then why buy something new? plus it adds to the dad jokes kind of air no? hahahaha... maybe the kiddos in his team will gift him something new.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ep16

Ahh, Seo forget her and get yourself a flat already :rolleyes:

No being realistic that fighting the D1 corruption can cost his team their career and what not more and offers them not to go after, he would do that alone I guess.

The teamkeeps fighting though with encouragement music in the background (again this sounds so 90s, probably also the time No bought his bag lmao).

Seo being down, talking with his mother and scaring her with his mood. But he gets himself together after a round of self pity.

Next round of self pity goes to Han..

The reporter tells Lee that bae is from the Intelligence Division of the police, but was too old school for the new investigating style. He was being corrupt and disappeared one day only to come out as head of Seomin Policy Institute. Bae is meeting Secretary Kim, who used to be just a security guard at Kangs branch - is this is why he is bad at his job? Or not bad, more like he gets called out by Kang sometimes how he does his job.

"We will see how long you will act all innocent" Yes, Tiger baby, get Kang :lol:

No gets hung up by the branch managers, probably warned No is after the D1 plan. "His name was Kim Sang Hyoung. If his family name was Lee, he could have been Lee Sang Hyoung." Seo calls this a dad joke, anyone understand it?

'Wireless power share', interesting...I know it is a inerted product placement, but they are always ahead of us in technology. I was happy with my old galaxy, now these shows make me want to have a bigger, shiny new one. I will resist though...

Anyway...

Lee calls No and gives him the Bae information and also finds Bae to be a no show at his institute. Bae creeps on Lee at his house (my dream is Baes reality) and offers him to work with him, since he knows Lee doesn't likes Kang very much. Lee replies that he came to the wrong guy, he is no President Kang. Bae says "you could be more than Kang", which 'intrigues' Lee, but it isn't the right way.

He only considers it if Bae tells him about the D1 plan, but Bae wants to make sure they can trust each other. "You will call me, because you need me.".

QbXzYQt.jpg

Poor Seo...But Moon and Jang fit more to each other. Go marry the chauffeurs daughter, she was cute and her father is a hoot.

Secretary Kim informs Kang that the weasel will most likely give the document to Han. Kim offers to send someone after Jung in America, but Kang rather wants to keep an eye on Han who has now the document.

Lee tells No he wants to reform the bank and wants No to work with him. He is sure he will be President and assures him he won't lose anything if he sides with him.

But No is reminding him that as an auditor he needs to stay neutral and finds it wrong to side with a faction.

Spoiler

kVIrJkn.jpg

Damnit, No, why are you breaking Tiger Babys heart?

Lee says the the first step to reform is to get rid of Kang and feisty No counteract that this is more a lust for power than reform.

Like you said @Lmangla it's a mix of both, like he didn't right reject Bae earlier, but would love the prospect to get rid of Kang but in a clean way through No. But No declined and Lee may go to Bae, even though the reporter warned him Bae is a backstabber.

"Anyone who isn't my ally is my enemy" uff Lee.. Both quoting each other after ending their talks.

The old men gang thinks The Best is overstepping their boundaries and are not listening to them anymore. They decide the kids need a lesson to learn, since Kangs has them not in control anymore.

Choi calls Yoon Sang Ho, head of the Fair Trade Commission. After the call we get to see a press conference in which Yoon announces an investigation of several companies that have 'unfair' transcations. Kang immediately understand there is a rift about to form.

Moon has an idea to get deleted data and it is through backup centers banks have in the case of natural disasters or similar. Their banks center for this is in Busan, which is on the other side of the country. Seo is happy thinking Moon will go alone, but No sends him there as well lol. For real, get over it, Seo..

Han gets the document from the weasel meanhwile. Secretary Kim informs Kang of Nos plan to go to Busan for the data and that he met Lee, also that Han has that document. Kang is not really in good mood lmao.

The infos must be huge and she struggles to call No immediately and walks to his office only to get a call from Kang. Damn Kang destroying the document - and this is why you need to have things digital as well. He makes her Vice President RlIuFgv.gif

End of ep16 and end of me rooting for Han. *flips hair*

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

hahahah. :D love how the character is drawn -- yea, he is a  goofball but we have to hand it to him, he has an uncanny ability to find info in haystacks. so he does have some talent. hahahah....

He is just immature, other than that he is smart :D

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekek... did you notice that chairman kang also wears a brown coat and hat? am not sure what is with this show and raincoat type PPL?! is it in fashion? this old fashioned coat? and as for the bag, feel like I remember reading some news long ago about a finance/economics minister in some country who had been using the same bag for years and people thought he was so coolly frugal to not indulge in a name brand. was it korea? wish I could remember but noh's bag reminds me of that kind of frugality -- if it aint broke, then why buy something new? plus it adds to the dad jokes kind of air no? hahahaha... maybe the kiddos in his team will gift him something new.

Kang has at least several oldfashioned coats, Nos looks original from 1999. :lol:

Interesting! Yes, some wealthy and ifluenctial people like to be stingy and don't care too much for shallow things. But I also like to use things till they break. But sometimes you should, because things get easier. For a long time I resisted to have a smartphone, carried a blackberry and a mp3player till my sister gifted me a smartphone for my birthday. And yes, it is much easier to carry just one thing :D

Yep, this is so No, oldfashioned and boring. But this also makes him trustworthy and I sure do want his team to surprise him!

On 4/20/2019 at 4:54 AM, Lmangla said:

kekeke.. in a way, it is expected no? she was yook's team where she was happy to some of the dirty work as a way to get ahead. now, that she has no mentor, she needed to jump on some ship to make it happen. also, when you work in an environment with factions, it is very difficult to be like noh who refuses to choose. have any of you ever worked in such environments with lots of factions?

it is also a great example of how people get so caught up in corporate politics as an attempt to save their job that it becomes easier to do more and more wrongs but then it comes out and everyone is like "woah?!"

but we will have to see how far she goes to prove her loyalty to kang and whether that will cost her. lee warned her that accepting gifts from kang would be costly as he knew from personal experience. hope she had the sense to at least photocopy that D1 plan?

so noh is bit of an idealist where he genuinely wants to see reform but there is also the element of family. because his wife is sick, it almost brings sharply into focus what's important for him. and at times like that, there is no energy for the kind of nitpicking politics that happens in office and so we see him even turn down lee. noh does understand people and so was astute enough to ask "is it power or reform you really want?" -- with lee, it is actually a combination of both...

their petty catfights are pretty hilarious....

and how funny was that Moon IT guy also has a side gig as a musician? and seo geol crying "omma!" during the concert.. hahahahha...

I completely agree with your assessment. Doing the right thing can present with difficulties and can even tear apart relationships. I think Han is greedy and gutter, but I also believe that she desires to do the right thing albeit right now it is for personal gain. She does not believe the system can be reformed, therefore, she situates herself on how to conform in a non-reforming resistant entity. However, her greed is getting in the way of her desire to do good. To me, her greed is fueled by her need to survive and prove her worth to be in her position. There was a scene last week that struck me concerning Han. It was when the former manager told her that she has no family, no friends, and no connections at the bank for her to have a sense of security. All Han saw was her job going down the toilet which is why she has earned my cancel bear rating of 3 1/2 out of 5. :w00t:

It seems that The Banker will have a lot of lessons about life that will ring true.

Noh reminds me of Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot without OCD. I just hope keeps his virtue until the end and that they do not take the route Agatha did with Poirot during her very last book. I am still miffed about that. She had the right idea to release that book 34 years after she wrote it following her death. Had she been living today and pulled the stunt she pulled with Poirot in 2019, I could see her fans dragging her on Twitter (RIP Dame Agatha Christie). Back to the topic, I do believe that Noh will be hurt about the continuous push & pull in their (Han & Noh) relationship. Han will play ball to get what she wants whereas Noh will walk the tightrope in the name of what is right. H

2 hours ago, foreverempress said:

I completely agree with your assessment. Doing the right thing can present with difficulties and can even tear apart relationships. I think Han is greedy and gutter, but I also believe that she desires to do the right thing albeit right now it is for personal gain. She does not believe the system can be reformed, therefore, she situates herself on how to conform in a non-reforming resistant entity. However, her greed is getting in the way of her desire to do good. To me, her greed is fueled by her need to survive and prove her worth to be in her position. There was a scene last week that struck me concerning Han. It was when the former manager told her that she has no family, no friends, and no connections at the bank for her to have a sense of security. All Han saw was her job going down the toilet which is why she has earned my cancel bear rating of 3 1/2 out of 5. :w00t:

makes sense -- if all she has is her job and nothing else in life, then she would cling on to it more to make sure she was secure? and if she thinks the system can't be fixed, then why bother right?

2 hours ago, foreverempress said:

Noh reminds me of Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot without OCD. I just hope keeps his virtue until the end and that they do not take the route Agatha did with Poirot during her very last book. I am still miffed about that. She had the right idea to release that book 34 years after she wrote it following her death.

wait, which book is this you are referring to?

EDIT: googled poirot finale and was shocked. waaaaah. you are right, thats a bad ending.

8 hours ago, seteney said:
Is he that suspicious? I always thought it was weird how he inserted himself into Team No, but thought he was just an idealist like him. His only secret so far was being a rock star to Seos displeasure.

have no idea why but I won't be surprised if moon ends up being a spy! hahahaha.. maybe it is because we don't see why he is motivated to help the audit team when there is so much of risk involved. with secretary jang, she expresses real anger when she talks about all the wrong. bo geol can be a goofball but he is earnest and actually cares. also, he has the fallback of his mother's restaurant if he loses his job. but moon is so quiet that there is no sense of righteous anger or sadness. he doesn't really express how he feels. so little hard to tell if it is just idealism that motivates him to work in the audit office when there is so much risk.....

Are you talking about 'Curtain'? I know many hated it, but I like bittersweet ends and I cried at David Suchets last performance as Poirot

Hejkayk.jpg

10 hours ago, Lmangla said:

have no idea why but I won't be surprised if moon ends up being a spy! hahahaha.. maybe it is because we don't see why he is motivated to help the audit team when there is so much of risk involved. with secretary jang, she expresses real anger when she talks about all the wrong. bo geol can be a goofball but he is earnest and actually cares. also, he has the fallback of his mother's restaurant if he loses his job. but moon is so quiet that there is no sense of righteous anger or sadness. he doesn't really express how he feels. so little hard to tell if it is just idealism that motivates him to work in the audit office when there is so much risk.....

Seo may have been right all along, but it was never taken seriously because everyone sees him being jealous of Moon :lol:

Or maybe we think wrong and he has his own vendetta against the bank? The show shows many people of all backgrounds having their lives destroyed by the bank, so why not trying to destroy it within after some hardship?

guess no one has watched this week's episodes yet?

so watched ep 17 & 18 -- the boardroom antics were kind of amusing. it is all out war! VP Lee had me cackling at some points at the way he directly hits out Kang. and now that Han is team Kang, she is firing on all cylinders. Kang is so sly in that he tries to use Noh's wife as a way to get Noh out of Korea. however, Noh's decision becomes easier as the wife refuses to leave and simply tells him that she doesn't like beholden to the bank and Kang is being shady for coming up with such an offer. what is going on with Moon? did he find something in the data centre but was threatened? and all that sharp shooting in the end, Noh gets to the heart by asking Kang a direct question -- bullets fired!

@Lmangla I watched all the last episodes. I think the plot is getting tighter, more intense; it's like watching a chess game with multiple parts moving at once (the young clan, the old foxes, the virtuous Noh, the opportunist Han, the secretive Moon...) I don't want to spoil the last episode if you haven't seen it yet, but the ending had my jaw dropped. I feel for Noh and all that is happening to him and around him at once, and wonder how he'll handle it. I'm excited though. He's so smart and cunning, behind his countryside demeanor and look (not sure if "countryside" is the right word, but I hope you know what I mean). ^_^

omo, omo, omo @lilyphenix ~ that ending!!!! :o it was a real shocker. so didn't expect that. ep 19 and 20 had so many twists and turns, that it really is like a chess game like you said. kang now has open opposition from the FSS guy and assemblyman Jang -- what do these people actually want? do they think that Han will be more easy to order? ... but Noh was quite a master with how he handled the FSS with such calm demeanour. so hope he is able to tackle the next challenge now that it has distinctly turned criminal. but yea, he has countryside look where people think he would be easy to fool but he is not... and even his kiddo was smart, love how she refused to take the bag and run off. smart girl! really like Lee, so wishing the best for him...

@Lmangla Yes, there were so many gems this week, and Noh's kid impressed me so much. It also made me happy to see that incident brought her dad and her closer. It was nice to see her have her dad back, but also seek his approval, and allowing them to be happy together for that brief moment (now I'm hoping that the tension with the mom will improve at some point. I think this is hard on the daughter, as she doesn't know that it is actually the mom creating it, and it seems she is blaming her father for divorcing.).

Seo Gol provides such comic relief, lol! I love him. It cracked me up when he tried to hug Noh, and Noh kept him at arm's length.

I'm also loving so much the actor playing Noh: his face is always hard to read (he must be a good poker player), which makes it hard for Pdt Kand and VP Han, when they talk to him, to know what he is thinking. I think they know by now that he truly is a man of integrity, and they won't be able to sway him. I can't wait to see how he is going to fight back. It seems impossible for him to do anything from the looks of it, but he is just so smart, I'm sure he will find a crack in the masterplan, or create one somehow. We can't give up on him.

Also, does anyone think that Seo Gol has a chance with the secretary? I think she might be starting, a liiiiitle bit, to warm up to his feelings.

9 hours ago, lilyphenix said:

@Lmangla Yes, there were so many gems this week, and Noh's kid impressed me so much. It also made me happy to see that incident brought her dad and her closer. It was nice to see her have her dad back, but also seek his approval, and allowing them to be happy together for that brief moment (now I'm hoping that the tension with the mom will improve at some point. I think this is hard on the daughter, as she doesn't know that it is actually the mom creating it, and it seems she is blaming her father for divorcing.).

it looks like they divorced when she was quite young and she was only given a brief version -- it doesn't look like either the mom or noh gave a detailed explanation for what led to the marriage breakdown. and he doesn't seem the type to badmouth his ex and it looks like the mom was the type who refused to talk about the past. so kiddo seems to only know that he left.... but yea, it will be good for that chapter to be resolved especially as it looks like the wife will pass away... kiddo does really need her dad...

9 hours ago, lilyphenix said:

Also, does anyone think that Seo Gol has a chance with the secretary? I think she might be starting, a liiiiitle bit, to warm up to his feelings.

kekeke... no. think she sees him as a bit of a harmless goofball that one can't take seriously.  :sweatingbullets:

Ep17

New VP Han is getting her new office, it has actual walls now. :lol: Kang visiting her, giving some tips for the future. She can't hear anything over the smell of her new chair.
Aww, Lee is not happy at all and the catfight continues
45wDEdr.jpg
Has the show btw a sponsor that sells glasses, or why is Kang sporting a  new model every week? I really like this one, but would not go for yellow, I am blue person.
Kang is approving Han's India project, if it is out of being also sure this is the right thing to do or to make Han believe he supports her so she won't be an annoyance regarding the D1 is the question.
geBybnn.jpg
I could watch these two for the rest of the episode bahahaha.
Kang asks for opinions and the executives are not sure about this project, as he also made the decision independently from them. The bickering is starting now, the executives are not happy about Han's rapid promotion. Han fires back by accusing the loudest of being too comfortable in his chair and not being active. Also reminds him to be polite 'You have to call me by my title!'
2SMJZmn.jpg
This were some funny 2 minutes, it's like watching a kindergarten, only that these people lead a big bank.
The other loud executive doesn't sounds too bright by saying there needs to be an assurance that those who work hard also get higher positions, so they will be more motivated.
Han doing a speech about the little employees that get ignored by the executives, and these executives are lazy and and are only out for a nice retirement position. This enrages Mr Weird Eyebrows who imo needs to chill, even though he has a point. Han did quite the career moves in few weeks on which basis? Of course they will feel blindsided, but she also is right that they are too comfortable.
No is trying to calm down the situation - he always has this touch of that shy kid in the class who finally gets the guts to say something out loud - and addresses the position politics in which people who don't even are good, are promoted just because they were due. Lee belittles him and says he can sit down again. Why are they all so mean to No? The only time he had his voice louder was when Do got all hysterical at him. He needs to be more like that...
But Lee actually agrees with what No said and uses this to diss Kang accusing him of having established this organizational culture. Oh it is getting loud! I get they are all heated, but that shouting is out of place, even with that voice, Lee. He shouts at Han telling her she was after all one of Yooks people and avoided blame and is in this type of culture as well, so she should stop acting innocent and pretending as if she fights this.
Han tells them the senior system will be replaced by a performance system, so even people who are not there for long but perform well, get promoted.
Lee accused Kang of a nepotism system and Kang fires back telling him if that was the case, Lee would not be in that position, because he is far from being loyal to Kang. Whoopsie...
Kang defends also in a loud manner Han's promotion and ability to lead the HR department due her long experience, points out that they are all basically snobs because she only had a high school diploma. If we wouldn't know better about him, this would be a nice speech lmao.
Why is she dragging now No into this? Leave that awkward kid alone. She points out that although he lacks the qualifications they think are important, he does a great job.
Seo is in a uncomfortable situation as his bank account was used by criminals and thus scammed an other party without realizing. "What do I do, Mommy?"
Team No talks about the Busan schedule and Seo is not available, so Moon should go ahead. Kang gets to know from his secretary about the schedule.
Lee visits some shady neighbourhood, is it the freelance reporter or Bae. Please don't say Bae, I don't want Lee in jail in the end.
Kang meanwhile wants to distract No and asks for a drink.
Phew, he is at the reporters office, who tells him that D1 means Daehan Bank Building One. He also gives him money and a phone to find out more. I hope the reporter won't be in danger...
Our chauffeur finds a depressed Seo at a shop, slurping noodles and alcohol. He says to Seo, at least go into a bar, he has the money lmao, poor Seo. They both go for a proper drink, also because the chauffeur is thankful for what he did for his daughter.
Moon is now in Busan at the Data Center of the Bank, but they don't let him in, because it is closed. But we know he actually can go into the building, it's just Kangs doing.
The chauffeur and Seo are drinking Yooks stored alcohol in the chic bar, lmao. He makes Seo uncomfortable when he mentions jail and tells him a funny jail story about two cockroaches that are used for races.
Kang and No are at a bar and talk, he tells No there was worse brawl about Nos promotion than Hans. Then Kang goes now personal and talks about the sick ex-wife and drops that he also lost a wife early, only to offer him a job overseas as President of one of the bans branches, so he can earn much more and have better treatment for the ex-wife.
Seo cracks me up, my dumb son. He is at the sea and a woman who owns a restauramt yells at him "stop showing off and have some raw fish!"
Moon is again snubbed at the building because of 'protocol break'...
No visits Lee in his office and asks him for help to have some word to let Moon into the building. He agrees and tells him he is on Nos side when it comes to Kang. When No asked what Lee wanted to say to him, Lee dropped that bit and tells him the Busan issue is now more important.
No asks his wife if she wants to go the USA for treatement, but she refuses because they are no longer family and him paying her bills in Korea is enough, also she doesn't wants to be seperated from the daughter. No tells her that Kang offered him a position in the USA and that they can all go. She is very sharp and knows Kang is sending his auditor away because he must have a dirty secret.
End of ep17

Ep 18

The episode begins where ep17 ended, in the hospital, where Nos ex-wife tells him in a blatant manner that his boss is shady.

She also says she doesn't wants to go, as she feels like a burden and indebted to his bank, which was the main reason they divorced as we can remember.

No helps the chauffeurs daughter out of a scammer situation at the bank she works now for.

Kang invited Han to the lounge where he meets the other old men - and this all so she won't be a pain in his butt? Or is he really fond of her?

Seo tells Moon he suspects those data were also deleted in a 'mission impossible' style way and this is why Moon won't find anything. Moon is quite nervous, uncomfortable, probably had something to do with the person who went to him earlier? :ph34r: Was he threatened? The staff of the building kicks them out now.

Meanwhile we get to know the results of the lesson for The Best and they are mad about those 'old scumbags who won't live longer'.

Moon says it is impossible to search further but Seo said he told him he could if he had more time. Seems Moon was really pressured to drop this?

Team No suspect a mole or someone who leaked the infos and look at the old men and drop that they will do an ambush audit to test if these old men tell it to the secretary and they did. Secretary Kim orders his staff to delete stuff :lol: He also emails everyone a warning about the 'ambush'.

8eJK7iM.jpg

Btw I really find this dude interesting looking, hopefully we see him in more projects.

U0CDFcb.jpg

Lee is amused about this ^_^

No really goes through the ambush and caught Do's dumb General Manager of PR hiding stuff in his car.

EbIylI2.jpg

Muhahahahaha, in your face Kim. Omg how he tries to get his car out of the garage...

So, No still finds him and finds lots of receipts of bakeries, hair salons, boutiques and gift cards that are worth 30.000 Dollars each. They want to question the secretary because it is suspicious. Kim says those were thank you cards for those who attended the book gala, he had no other motive as to have thos purely as Kans governing funds. No finds this term not right, since he is not a politician, so who he is to do that? Kim is now changing the story two, three times lmao.

Han says to No that it isn't Kim who is the target, it is Kang. Vaaaay, Han :rolleyes: A+ for brownnosing. Kangs wants the banks asset manager Song Ki Yeol called, who will deal the best with the 'crisis'. Han offers to deal with No..

Kang declines and wants to deal with him himself and invites him to a shooting range. They chitchat and No asks him straight away if he is behind the Seomin Agency and D1, and it ends with a staring contest.

End of Ep18

So the knives will be out for Team No and things will go down.

4 hours ago, seteney said:

This were some funny 2 minutes, it's like watching a kindergarten, only that these people lead a big bank.

kekekek... the boardroom antics was actually funny -- no wonder this bank is failing; Lee shot the first bullet with his "you have already made the decision." bwaahahah... made me laugh. Lee's expressions crack me up -- his glee, annoyed looks, his little tiger roars. :lol:

No is trying to calm down the situation - he always has this touch of that shy kid in the class who finally gets the guts to say something out loud

kekekek... true but funny description. :D..

han is very talented but in this case, she sold the D1 plan to secure her position. Lee knows. Noh knows. while Noh looks on with concern, Lee looks at her with spite. neither of these men actually discount her talent or see her lack of education/connections as a hindrance but it is the dirty politics they see as negative. however, han only sees the criticism as what she has faced all these years.. perhaps, she will realize that even within the senior club of those oldies -- they will still discount her and see her as a puppet...

Ep19

It starts where it ended in ep18, at the shooting range. Kang tells him he had no bad intentions by offering him the USA position, he believes No would learn about global banking and that he and Han are two talents to lead the bank. Lee is too elite and never worked among small employees, so he won't understand to lead the bank.  Eh, whatevah. Then No asks him about him being behind SA and D1 and the scene cuts to the reporter and Lee who asks him if the reporter was able to meet the ex-general manager Jung in the USA. The reporter was in contact with the employees, but when he went to the office, it had been closed and they ran way.

Back to Kang and No, Kan tries to blame Yook again

8KGepTY.gif

That didn't work and Kang is basically like 'prove that this was me'. Also warns him that him being so nosy will hurt the bank eventually, because if the trust is gone, the bank will fail and his job as auditor is to protect it. Whatevah, Kang, Yook is waiting for you in jail where you can have cockroach races :lol:

The reporter tells Lee that Jung ran a small equity firm, but it was deep in debt due to investment failures. I like how they have police car sirenes in the background to make it believe it is the USA lmao. Jung got recently money from somewhere -uh oh Han - cleared it off all at once and disappeared. The reporter finds out themoney came from someone at the Bank and Lee gets gleeful when he knows it was Han.

qRrsHjZ.jpg

Han tells No basically what Kang said, that him doing those investigations disrupt the flow and puts a scratch on the system he doesn't knows how it works. So even going after Kim won't give the results he wants, since he is kinda untouchable due his position. She says Kangs system may be not perfect, but it works. No fires back that since she doesn't have to worry, she can of course talk like this. She leaves him feeling insulted and that he can do his stuff alone without her help

L8xi8IC.jpg

Lee calls Han to the bar and says to him "I only have nice drinks with nice people", really Han, those old scumbags you had drinks with are nice? He asks if she traded the original document with the promotion and she rejects the idea and feels insulted. :rolleyes:

I am only annoyed at Han, because one expects better from characters you rooted for and she behaves not better than Do. Even if she becomes the President in the end, it's because of these dirty politics.  Which again she does to survive, I acknowledge it and I think most of us could not be clean like No in that environment, but argh lmao. But we have I think 12 (?) episodes left, so a lot can change.

Spoiler

m3G1xYN.jpg

Stunning view

The Best and the old scumbags are in alert for different reasons and it will be very hard for No in future. One of the young ones want to find a scapegoat - I like how clear they are in language lmao.  Kang has called his former chief secretary back, so Kim is dismissed for a while, so the former one can clean the mess.

Aaaannd they have their scapegoat, the former branch manager of the old ladys bank. He will take now the blame for the plans and fire, if only he had cooperated with No...

A Bank Inspection Team led by Shin Ji Ho, arrives to the bank and Team No gets accused of failing to auditRlIuFgv.gifOkay, this show stresses me now a bit lmao, but lemme chill, everything will be alright..

Damn what is it that Moon makes so worried about? Anyway, they for some reason ignore the many calls they get from No and arrive at Busan only to get told to be back in the morning.

Lee visits Nos office which is still full with the FSS people and he throws them out, reminding him it's quite late. He says to No that this is such a dense scripted thing and No seems surprised.

Okay, No, why are you so dense? You know very well how these people work to get rid off blame and people.

Park, director of the FSS, from the old scumbag club sent the FSS onto Team No, because Kang was too slow to act in his opinion. Kang calls him out and wants this to be stopped, but it seems Park is not budging in.

Oh, Seo still trying to seduce Jang lmao. But I think she is smitten with this dude? Im Chang-Jae

Spoiler

g8wqLfR.jpg

Haha, Moon and Seo, those two doofuses

Spoiler

bCwU58H.jpg

"Mr, Noh. How much longer will you keep your mouth shut and just think?" says Lee to No, after telling him this whole inspection thing was just rushly put together and the director has to be a Kang man, a detail that depresses No. Lee also tells him that Han met with Park and Jung, phewwww.

End of Ep19

Everyone fights each other and tries to secure the best deal, smells like meltdown soon.

On 4/22/2019 at 6:37 AM, seteney said:
s he that suspicious? I always thought it was weird how he inserted himself into Team No, but thought he was just an idealist like him. His only secret so far was being a rock star to Seos displeasure.

Omy someone feels my thinking!  Hahaha yeah he’s an Idol in the story and real life! 

Ep20

Lee asks No what he thinks about gan getting a promotion after receiving mail from abroad - btw, it's funny to think she would not be VP if No had bought the document from the dude instead of rejecting it. Lee tries to make No clear what is about to go down by Kang bringing Song back to the bank. I mean we all know Lee wants to be President and uses the journalist to get infos that may be important on this way, so he is not 100% clean and he has his agenda, but I like how he tries to open Nos eyes, who is still in some denial how rotten this whole system is.

Han thinks of her dinner with Park and Jung and they also diss Lee as just a privileged rich boy lmao. They say they can be more helpful to her than Kang and believe she is the rightful successor to Kang, since she worked her way up unlike Lee. I think they hate Lee because he is not afraid to kick some butts and sees through them all. "But he never listens to me". Did she or did she not throw him under the bus? It seems she still struggles.

Park meets with The Best - which should be renamed The Wannabe - and he seems to have worked with them too. Okay, who works behind whos backs? :wacko:

Man, did they brought Park back? In those circles you get thrice a chance it seems.

The FSS team is interviewing Team No and why are they like sping chicken? Lmao, weren't they warned?

That Park dude approaches Nos daughter with some gift, maybe plant something? But she rejects this very wisely.

Well, Team No is offically looked down in the cafeteria like as if they are in mean Girls.

And yeah that gift was used to have No seen as taking bribes.... Why do they have to humiliate him so much? I want them all in jail.

Damn why is this woman so mad at him? I also noticed she is kinda intense.

No asks Han about the D1 plan and if she uses this to blackmail Kang, she should be advised not to be VP, because he worries for her. She just replies that he is no position to give an advice and thinks for herself how he makes way too many enemies for himself.

The FSS lady has nothing to find about No, but has prepared something in case...

So in the old mens diaper war, Park gets some backlash by Choi not to meddle into his seniors issues.

The FSS lady accuses them of having 'purposely' overlooked a branch for it leaks and does some show off. But this is of course faked by her, as this must have been filed overnight. But this is such an amateurish attempt to get the team and they can easily prove they didn't do this and in fact she did that.

Oh, Bae seems to have some problems, was he ditched by the scumbags and the best?

"Leave your laptop" "But I can't poop without it' SEOOO

zPqTK8L.png

Park approaches a ditched Bae and he seems to give him some tip or something. After that Bae messages Lee that he will confess everything under one condition and Lee knows its another scheme.

Moon is still worried about something, but still won't spit it out.

Lee calls No to meet with Bae together. Seems Kang and Han have some plan?

They have disbanded Team No and transferred them to other positions. 4fGnegq.gif

huHRuDb.jpg

Obligatory 'you're so handsome' post.

OMG did they kill him? Don't make me cry WHY DID HE DO THAT?

Oh my gosh, did they kill off Lee? Bae seems to kill Lee in the hospital. Guys, I am quite upset they did this to my husband.

Obligatory 'you're so handsome' post.

OMG did they kill him? Don't make me cry WHY DID HE DO THAT? 

kekeke... he is quite charming in this drama... but thats not the point, wasn't it shocking? @lilyphenix had posted the ending was surprising but I was really shocked. you don't expect to see someone getting stabbed in a corporate drama! but at least based on the preview, they show Lee in hospital -- so hopefully he recovers. at this stage, we need all the good guys together still alive. noh can't win this battle alone.

8 hours ago, seteney said:

Lee calls Han to the bar and says to him "I only have nice drinks with nice people", really Han, those old scumbags you had drinks with are nice? He asks if she traded the original document with the promotion and she rejects the idea and feels insulted. :rolleyes:

for a minute, thought they might have nice chemistry; they are both smart, ambitious and seem kind of lonely -- okay, matchmaker aunty in me peeking out! hahahaha...  and maybe if they get along, there will be romantic spark? hahahahha... but then, they are slinging insults at each other and nope -- they are totally enemies and there will be never anything romantic....

Archived