[Official Thread] Song Wei Long 宋威龙

hush puppy

On 1/10/2021 at 10:33 PM, QD8 said:

@hush puppy @elise6969 @iamlegend From what I know and correct me if I am wrong, Jia li and SWL are only a year apart. They have alot in common. I think many people don't get how lonely this industry is. Even friends of the opposite sex can be mistaken as lovers and etc. It is hard to be close to anyone and I remember SWL mentioned before that after being close with colleagues in a project , once you are not in the project you lose these friendships. That must be hard. That is why I am glad he is close to his family and has such good relationship with his sisters. He needs to surround himself with good people as he is young and relatively new to the industry and needs to cultivate good connections whenever he can. Anyway, because SWL left home at a tender age of 9 to train at the 'shaolin school' and then was scouted so young, left school so young, lived alone so young. He has become independent and been without family for while now.  I am sure his young modeling career that is also Jia li's personal journey would be natural for them to connect , relate and bring them together. For me I would never want him to sacrifice love for his ambitions. I just feel terribly tragic if it did. I want him to experience all the joys and heartache normal people do and if she is not the one than be it. It is like Yuan Song said that a secret relationship is an affair. A man of good character and morality shouldnt want to hide it. I can understand being discreet, that is the brutal part of this industry but to fully sacrifice to be loveless, to not date, to not feel,  to not be human, is too cruel for me. 

@QD8 hi hi.. well say, i agree with you.:heartxoxo:

On 1/11/2021 at 2:35 AM, elis6969 said:

@QD8 From what I know and correct me if I am wrong, Jia li and SWL are only a year apart.

@QD8 hi hi.. 2 years now. Around his birthday 2019. Now is 2021.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 1/11/2021 at 10:15 AM, elis6969 said:

@elis6969  Dear, you are so "precise".  ha, ha.  ZJL was borned on  17 April 2020.  Our Dragon was borned on 25 March 2019.  So they are exactly 1 Year 23 Days apart in terms of Age.  They're still so young.  I believe they are just friends.

On 1/11/2021 at 2:42 AM, QD8 said:

I also think the SongSong (Song WeiLong & Victoria Song) chemistry and good working relationship dazzled the enormous audience, boosted their public image and visibility. Coupled with the fact that Find Yourself is a Netflix series and  Victoria Song's connection in South Korea has only given SWL international exposure he richly deserves. This is all looking up and up. I am sure after this performance Find Yourself is being re-introduced to many new audiences. This makes me so happy for our dragon. :wub:

Song Wei Long has acted with Sehun (EXO) in a Chinese/S Korean JV movie called "Catman".  So he does has his own S Korean connections.  Of Course, Victoria's connections will serve to consolidate  it further.

On 1/11/2021 at 4:00 AM, QD8 said:

@hush puppy My personal opinion is 1) I love all SWL hairstyles, I don't have a particular favourite because each look has it's beauty. The only one I think does not suit him very well is the Armani short fringe.

@iamlegend Good Question on  2) his bosses. I am also eager to know what you guys think if he leave his Boss. 

Is there a way without hurting his reputation and industry ties ? How powerful is his Boss' connection to the industry ? @hush puppy Maybe you can shed some light on this. 

Also about  3) Song Wei Long's personality

This just makes me lose my $^*t  haha. 4) I don't understand the journalist's use of language and matriachal/patriachal tone in this write up. How can a single man dating , have anything to do with his acting ? Also do they prefer him to be a monk ?

1)  I love all of Song Wei Long's hairstyles too - including his current one. That is what I meant with my question.  Armani's - you mean the "Inch Head?".  He looks good in that one too.  But for some unknown reasons, he began to lose Weight. Thus affecting his Inch Head Look.

2) Leaving His Boss :  My Opinions - Like all occupations, it is to his advantage to leave only when he has attained a certain level and stability in his career.  He is not yet an A-List Star. Maybe 2022... when he has better influence, connections and reputation as an Actor.

- so that he will be in a better position to dictate the terms and conditions;

- very few Agencies are professional and ethical.  We do not want him to jump from the frying pan, into the fire. 

-  so that the impact will be Minimal.

- Yu Zheng can be difficult. But his influence is being compromised by the current situation in China.  Still - good to leave in Goodwill.

Dragon leaving Huanyu is bound to happen sooner or later.  I feel not only Dragon.  But other stars as well - when the time is right.  It is not that Yu Ma's other charges love him so much. Just that they are more diplomatic (or cunning, depending which adjectives you all prefer to use :lol:).  Everybody knows what kind of person he is.  But who cares, as long as he can make them famous.

Let me share something less known with you all.  Song Wei Long is very much favoured by the VP of Huanyu, his current company.   Which is why Yu Zheng will not dare attempt anything too extreme on Song Wei Long.  But will he has someone to "root" for him in another agency?

3) Dragon's Personality:  We all have reached a Consensus.  So no need for further elaboration.  But I've noticed for some time now.  Most people with Blood  type "O", tends to be very (too) caring and altruistic.  Our Song Wei Long is no Exception.

4) The Article: From The Progress Of "Find Yourself".  I feel differently.  The editor is just being realistic.  I detect that he is concerned about Song Wei Long's career - his Popularity.  Nothing  wrong with his Language.

He did not condemn his dating.  He just wished him to be more "discreet" and care more for his Fans' feelings. That to me, is reasonable.

Not all Fans are like us: open-minded and practical.  And those are the Majority. Plus they are in China.  They can easily wreak havocs if they don't like you.  So it pays to be a bit careful.  This is the Occupational Hazard of being in the Entertainment Industry.

Even in our own jobs, we have to observe certain norms. If we want to proceed peacefully and smoothly.   

What the editor said about the other Supporting Casts of "Find Yourself" are also factual.  I may be an ardent fan of Dragon.  But I would like to stay balanced in my views too.  

Wow,  We did have an interesting discourse on a lot of topics today, didn't we? That's what makes this Thread worth having.  I learn from you all too.

:hwaiting2:

• Love 4

1 hour ago, elis6969 said:

@hush puppy hi hi  ha ha @QD8 hi hi, sorry i over see thing or misread sometimes, I thought is his dating time together. :grimace:

1 hour ago, hush puppy said:

@elis6969  Dear, you are so "precise".  ha, ha.  ZJL was borned on  17 April 2020.  Our Dragon was borned on 25 March 2019.  So they are exactly 1 Year 23 Days apart in terms of Age.  Like what you've said, I hope their love can last.  They're still so young

@QD8  They are quite matching in certain areas:

- Both are models

- ZJL is 5' 9"  (175cm) tall;   Our Dragon is almost 6' 1" (185.5cm) tall

Song Wei Long has acted with Sehun (EXO) in a Chinese/S Korean movie called "Catman".  So he does has his own S Korean connections.  Of Course, Victoria's connections will serve to consolidate  it further.

1)  I love all of Song Wei Long's hairstyles too - including his current one.  Armani's - you mean the "Inch Head?".  He looks good in that one too.  But for some unknown reasons, he began to lose Weight. Thus affecting his Inch Head Look.

2) Leaving His Boss :  My Opinions: Like all occupations, it is to his advantage to leave only when he has attained a certain level in his career.  He is not yet an A-List Star. Maybe 2022... when he has better influence and connections.

- so that he will be in a better position to demand  better terms and conditions;

- very few Agencies are professional and ethical.  We do not want him to jump from the frying pan, into the fire. 

-  so that the impact will be Minimal

Dragon leaving Huanyu is bound to happen sooner or later.  I feel not only Dragon.  But other stars as well.  It is not that his other charges love their boss so much. Just that they are more diplomatic (or cunning, depending which adjectives you all prefer to use :lol:)

Let me share something less known with you all.  Song Wei Long is very much favoured by the VP of Huanyu, his current company.  Which is why Yu Zheng will not dare to do anything too extreme to him.  But will he has someone to "root" for him in another agency?

3) Dragon's Personality:  We all have reached a Consensus.  So no need for further elaboration.  But I've noticed for some time now.  Most people with Blood "0"  tends to be very (too) caring and altruistic.  Our Song Wei Long is no Exception.

4) The Article: From The Progress Of "Find Yourself".  I feel differently.  The editor is just being realistic.  I detect that he is concerned about Song Wei Long's career - his Popularity.  

He did not condemn his dating.  He just wished him to be more "discreet" and care more for his Fans' feelings. That to me, is reasonable.

Not all Fans are like us: open-minded and practical.  And those are the Majority.  So it pays to be a bit careful.  This is the Occupational Hazard of being in the Entertainment Industry.

What the editor said about the other Supporting Casts of "FY" are also factual.  No doubt, I am an ardent fan of Dragon, but I would like to be balanced in my views.  

Wow,  We did have an interesting discourse on a lot of topics today, didn't we? That's what makes this Thread worth having.  I learn from you all too.

:hwaiting2:

@hush puppyHI HI... AGREE WITH YOU, YOU ARE RIGHT.  :approves:

Not all Fans are like us: open-minded and practical.  And those are the Majority.  So it pays to be a bit careful.  This is the Occupational Hazard of being in the Entertainment Industry.

(ESPECIALLY MAJORITY NEW FANS)

• Love 4

(Posted on: Monday, 11 January 2021)

Let Me Share An Old Interview Of Song Wei Long With Elle Magazine. It was done in 2018 when he was 19 years' old, and still filming "Find Yourself".    Comparing his past self, to his current, we can  learn something new, observe how much he has grown; and what he has decided to retain.  Here goes......

Song Wei Long: You like me, I like an interesting soul

ELLE                 : Which one of the following describes you, makes you happier? 

Literary youth, idol traffic, high-value brother, warm man, heartthrob.

Song Wei Long: Millions (laugh)

ELLE                  : What if you supplement it yourself ?

Song Wei Longkind and brave

ELLE                   : Is your personality the same when you are alone and when you are

outside?  Is there a double-sided  Song Wei Long ?

Song Wei Long : When you are alone, you are very self-conscious, and you are divided

into acquaintances and unfamiliar people. If I'm familiar, I will be very

funny, if I'm not familiar, I'll talk very little.

ELLE                    : Today I chose to wear Swarovski brooches and watches. Could you tell us

your opinion on men's accessories?

Song Wei Long   : Today's single product is simple, very detailed and very beautiful

Jewelry accessories can increase etiquette.

ELLE                        : Since debut, what do you think has changed the most?

Song Wei Long   : I have become more sensible, and the way I handle things has changed

a lot. I used to think superficially, but now I will think more thoroughly.

ELLE                        : After becoming an artist, which aspect has the fastest growth?

Song Wei Long   : How to face the outside world and grow faster. Before, I was just getting

along with others in my comfort zone. Now I try to deal with more

outsiders. But he is still a little defensive towards the world, but he

maintains a search mentality.

ELLE                        : Can you share a little secret or habit that even your fans don’t know?

Song Wei Long   : I like to put my hands on my face when I sleep

ELLE                  : Nice skin, interesting soul, extraordinary wisdom, excellent eloquence,

perfect body, please sort it out!

Song Wei Long : Interesting soul>excellent wisdom>perfect figure>good-looking

skin>excellent eloquence.

ELLE                      : Why are they arranged like this?

Song Wei Long : An interesting soul makes you happy, and your extraordinary wisdom

makes you happier without being wrong.  As for the face and figure,

as a boy, figure is more important than good-looking.

ELLE                      : Who do you want to be in 10 years?

Song Wei Long : Interesting person.

ELLE                   : Is it an interesting person now?

Song Wei Long : Actually, it's not entirely interesting, because I still prefer to stay in my

own safe zone when I do things. I feel safe when I know everything and

I don't panic.

ELLE                  : What are the short-term goals?

Song Wei Long : The most recent goal is to make good dramas. I'm currently filming

"Senior Girl's First Love"  ("Find Yourself").

My Say :  How to sleep with one's Hands on one's Face?  I can't.  This Dragon really amazes me.

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

(Posted on: Monday, 11 January 2021)

Song Wei Long: A Burberry Commercial Micro-Movie Made For Chinese New Year 2021

Today, @Burberry solemnly launched the New Year’s micro-film "A New Awakening" to celebrate Chinese New Year 2021.  This micro-film is directed by the famous film director Zeng Guoxiang and the brand spokespersonDongyu Zhou and brand ambassadorSong Wei Long starred in love and praised the brand spirit of exploring the unknown and embracing nature.  This film is gradually presented showing five senses through love, friendship and affection.  Experience the ups and downs of the protagonist's life, continue to discover himself in the process of exploration, regain the curiosity of childhood, draw optimistic energy from nature, and look forward to a bright future.

Spoiler

I hope  Song Wei Long  can make a Drama or Movie with Zhou Dong Yu one day.  She is a Multiple-Awards Actress.  In 2020, she became the youngest actress to win a Triple-Gold Grand Slam in Chinese movies.
  • Love 4

(Posted on: Tuesday, 12 January 2021)

(A previous post of mine showed that Song Wei Long/ Victoria Song collaboration ranked 4th among the overall Top 10  - 2020/2021 New Year Eve Performances, among all the TV Stations. The article below examines in greater details, the tough competition Song Wei Long/ Victoria  Song competed with)

New Year's Eve Songs :  Singer Li Yuchun is the biggest winner.  Zhu Yilong is surprising.  Song Wei Long and Victoria Song are very popular

Although this year’s New Year’s Eve party has passed for a long time, it is still memorable until now. Some singers’ stages are really good-looking. It’s far from enough to watch once. 

Singer (and the Song They Sang)

1)  Li Yuchun - China's Mega Pop Queen (Queen & Dreams)

2)  You Zhang Jing (The Night Of A Lone Star)

3)  Zhou Shen (My Heart Will Go On)

4)  Song Wei Long /Victoria Song (Little Dimples)

5)  Wang Yibo (My World Code)

6)  Li Yuchun (Priceless Sisters)

7)  Wang Lee Hom /Wang Yibo (Dragon's Descendants)

8)  Li Yuchun (Dance)

9)  Nicholas Tse / Zhu Yilong (Take Your Care)

10) Zhu Yilong (After The Meeting)

At this year's New Year's Eve party, Li Yuchun should be the biggest winner. Why do we say that? Because among the most broadcasted stages of the New Year’s Eve this year, three of the top 10 stages are Li Yuchun's. They are:  "Queens and Dreams", "Priceless Sisters", and "Dance". She is indeed the "Queen of Stage". Li Yuchun made his debut through the talent show "Super Girl"?

Zhu Yilong is also quite surprising.  He is not a professional singer but had two performances whose broadcast volume entered the top ten. One is his solo performance "After the Meeting", which ranks tenth, and the other is with Nicholas Tse "Take Your Care" ranked ninth.

The more pleasant surprise is that Song Qian and Song Wei Long from "Find Yourself" also merged on the New Year's Eve stage. This is regarded as fulfilling the dream of CP fan.  They sang the love song "Little Dimples" and did a Waltz. The popularity is very high, ranking fourth.

The high-volume stage of the New Year's Eve party also includes Wang Yibo's "My World Code" and his chorus with Wang Lee hom's "Dragon's Descendants". The rap performance in it has surprised many people. Will this year's New Year's Eve impress your stage?

My Say

As you all can see from above,  Song Wei Long /Victoria Song beats Wang Yibo and world-reknowned singers such as Wang Lee Hom and Nicholas Tse - to emerge 4th.

Amazing!  Isn't it?

• Love 4

(Posted on: Tuesday, 12 January 2021)

A brief BTS clip from "Go Ahead"

Click To Watch:

http://t.cn/A65vUJoZ

Note: In this clip you can see how "Shy"  & "Straight" a boy Song Wei Long is.  Steven Zhang is very inconsiderate to shout out loud that  Dragon is "Shy".  As a result Director Ding called Dragon aside to speak to him.

You don't draw attention to someone who is shy or awkward.  You help them quietly.  Give them confidence

But once he starts acting, he is a totally different person.

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1
  • Thanks 1

(Posted on: Sunday, 17 January 2021)

Song Wei Long : A Little Information On The Project He'll Be Participating In, on 22 January 2021

Cinematographers risk life to record Wuhan COVID-19 crisis

By Zhang Rui China.org.cn, January 13, 2021

Five cinematographers shared how they went to Wuhan to record the reality of the city's COVID-19 outbreak at its height amid fear for their lives.

Director Cao Jinling and five cinematographers for "Days and Nights in Wuhan" join together at the cutting room in Beijing on Jan. 10, 2021.

Set in the central Chinese city, once ravaged by the epidemic, the documentary film "Days and Nights in Wuhan" builds its storyline around the lives of ordinary people, including patients, medical personnel, volunteers and residents, as the virus spread through the city last year.

Jan. 10, 2021 is the day when the five cinematographers - Chen Zhuo, Tan Haiyan, Chen Liang, Qiu Lei and Tang Xiaozhou - met each other for the first time at the director's cutting room, which could be unthinkable for other films.

One scene still lingers in Chen Zhuo's mind: a patient clenching the doctor's hand. "When I heard the doctor tell the patient, 'as your family is not around, I am your family,' my tears were streaming down," he said, pointing out that it was the very statement by the doctor that sustained him to film the whole story in the belief it could bring comfort to families unable to be with their isolated sick family members amid the pandemic. 

The cinematographers revealed that many of their shots were taken with tears in their eyes, with the belief that "even if we can't really save lives, we must record these with our heart. This is our mission."

They can still clearly remember the heart-stopping and dramatic moments they encountered many times during the shooting process -- from protective suits accidentally torn to the time when there was no time to follow up with full protection measures when an emergency occurred. 

They confessed that they thought a lot before going to wards and the ICU rooms to film amid worries and fears; however, when they were really on the front line, all their worries were left behind.

Actually, there are a total of 31 cinematographers working on "Days and Nights in Wuhan." Director Cao Jinling and her editing team worked tirelessly to go through and edit more than 1,000 hours of materials shot by them at risk of their lives. 

"Though we can't communicate with cinematographers normally this time as we did other films, we can still feel the magical tacit understanding with each other," Cao said, confessing that she would think about every shot and what cinematographers meant to express as they edited the film.

Cinematographer Tan Haiyan, who has watched the final cut of "Days and Nights in Wuhan" three times, said emotionally that the director understood her intentions. "'This is the work by so many of us. In the film, the audience can see how Wuhan people endured and survived the disaster. We can never forget that."

However, as the film's final cut is 95 minutes, many precious moments and scenes still had to be painfully left out.

The completion of the documentary film is not only a memorial and commemoration of the 76 lockdown days in Wuhan, but also has extraordinary significance for Chinese people now and in the future, the director said. She remembered that a family member of a patient once said that the cinematographers' lens allowed him to stay with his wife in a virtual way, so that he was able to speak the words that he couldn't say to her at that time. 

"These powers transmitted in adversity are far more meaningful beyond the recording itself. This is what distinguishes 'Days and Nights in Wuhan' from other documentaries. It makes family love and companionship concrete, and makes the helpless hearts strong and warm," Cao said.

Chen Zhuo received a letter and a bunch of sunflowers from his wife on Sunday when he sat in the cutting room with the director and other fellow cinematographers. "You chose to stick to your beliefs like the heroes you admire; record everything truthfully, and stay true to your heart..." her letter read. 

In tears, Chen and these cinematographers shared one thing in common: the supportive families behind them when they went to the frontline, who delivered great comforts and inspired them to act. 

More than 220 filmmakers, actors and celebrities, from Jackie Chan, Zhou Xun to Jackson Yee, have agreed to help promote "Days and Nights in Wuhan" nationwide. China Movie Channel will work with them and local theaters around China to organize more than 300 charity screenings of the film. 

China's first anti-pandemic documentary film will hit theatres on Jan. 22. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1

(Posted on: Monday, 18 January 2021)

Naughty Song Wei Long: shared this pix of his, "with a budding Beard" on Weibo.  

SWL : Hello

Fans respond: Who are you?

SWL : Handsome guy. Don‘t ask too much

Fans : It does not affect my love for you at all.  I want to help you shave

(For once, he can banter with his fans. And with a naughty, cheeky reply)

:bashful:

Love is constant! Song Wei Long together with his fans donated 1,360 masks to Sichuan Central Primary School

• LOL 3
  • Love 2