[Official Thread] Song Wei Long 宋威龙

hush puppy

On 3/1/2021 at 1:03 AM, hush puppy said:

(Posted on: Sunday, 28 February 2021)

Song Wei Long, Our Boy Is Ever So Kind & Helpful :

On the evening of February 28, 2020  Weibo Night was held in Shanghai. After the event, Song Wei Long  found a camera and posted a "lost and found" message on Weibo: "Which friend's camera was lost! Lost location: Song Wei Long's seat on Weibo night." You can contact my team."

Song Wei Long: Puzzle Solved! Whose Camera Was It?

I have to say that Song Wei Long is really a good boy who returns everything he finds.  He found a camera on his seat and couldn't find the owner of the camera, so he immediately posted the lost and found on his weibo.  But he didn't expect himself to be made a big joke because of this lost and found.

After Song Wei Long released the lost and found information, Yu Shuxin (2nd FL of drama "Find Yourself") of THE9 left a message under the post, affectionately calling him "Yuan Song Xuechang" and solved the mystery of Song Wei Long's lost property. 

A confused #EstherYu responds, “??? That’s an instant camera given to artists, Yuan Song senior (referring to his Find Yourself character)” SWL: 。

It turns out that the "lost" camera on Song Wei Long's seat was a random gift from the host. And Yu Shuxin has double-checked with the Organiser. It seems that Song Wei Long is not the only one who has doubts!  

Song Wei Long is really worthy of the tag:  "The Honest/ Straightforward Boy"

After seeing Yu Shuxin’s explanation, Song Wei Long replied with a full stop.  A few minutes later, Yu Shuxin replied again, this time using countless "haha". I have to say that Yu Shuxin really used words this time. It vividly depicts the picture of herself laughing after learning about Song Wei Long's embarrassment.

Of course, the relationship between Song Wei Long and Yu Shuxin is still very good.  So she will cordially use the title "Yuan Song Xuechang". 

It may be embarassing for Song Wei Long, but it proves that he is a good young man with a sense of social responsibility!

Thanks God.  Nobody responds to false-claim the Camera! 

And of course, it shows that Song Wei Long's Team is not very smart either. Didn't know how to double-check with the Organiser.

Everyone’s response to this is like this

- Song Wei Long is really enthusiastic

- Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

- Hahahaha too interesting

- Haha, Song Wei Long is so cute, I like it (.)

- Hahahaha, so funny.

- Hahaha, Song Wei Long is so cute

- Hahahahahahaha, it's so interesting

My Say:

Very careless and rude of the Host to dispense Gifts like that. It could easily falls into the hands of some unscruppulous people. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

(Posted on: Monday, 1 March 2021)

Song Wei Long :

March 2021 Schedule

16/03  -  Brand Activity

17/03  -  Magazine Shoot
18/03  -  Magazine Shoot
19/03  -  Brand Activity
21/03  -  Brand Activity
26/03  -  Brand Activity

When Is He Going To Shoot A New  Drama ?? :eatscookie:
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

(Posted on: Tuesday, 2 March 2021)

Song Wei Long: Puzzle Solved! Whose Camera Was It?

It turns out that the "lost" camera on Song Wei Long's seat was a random gift from the host. And Yu Shuxin has double-checked with the Organiser. It seems that Song Wei Long is not the only one who has doubts!  

@elis6969 @iamlegend @jcwsgal @QD8  I want all your Opinions.  Is Song Wei Long foolish to make this Mistake??  As with his other faux pas (Back-To-Field S4 e.g.)  ?

Let Me Start:

This is His Personality.  He never question or think adversely of people and situations.  He trusts them.  Therefore his innocent reactions.

We are all "Computers".   Inside us are installed that Particular Software - from birth.  This is his Software - so different from the Majority.

And I don't like the way these Gifts are distributed. 

-  They can hand them out as these Stars stream into the Venue 

-  Or at least attach an Explanatory Note & the Recipient's Name to the Gift

• Unamused 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

33 minutes ago, iamlegend said:

By the way, has anyone seen SWL's drama with Shen Yue? I think the title is First Love? I rarely hear about this drama. Is there any information?

There are a lot of Rumours about Song Wei Long's upcoming dramas.  This is one of them.  Has been going on for many years.  But there is No Such Drama.

• Like 2

(Posted on: Wednesday, 3 March 2021)

Sharing With You All, An Excerpt From One Of Song Wei Long's Magazine Interview:

——Song Wei Long : Youth's Dream, Flying Like the Wind" 

Song Wei Long [Flowers] [Inspirational Idol List]
Many people choose to use the word "lucky" to define Song Wei Long.  He himself occasionally jokingly said "his fate is good" in media interviews. However, behind the seemingly smooth star journey,  it was the figure of a child of ordinary origin, staggering along the way. As he matured, he learned to objectively analyze the significance of the popularity, glory and loneliness brought by the career of an actor to him. For him, as long as one person likes it, he will stick to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You All Have Seen The Photos And Videos From "Weibo Night 2020".   Let Me Share Some Insights And Details:

Song Wei Long  won Weibo's "The Most Anticipated Actor Of The Year Award 2020"

On 28 February 2021, Weibo held a grand Weibo night event.  Almost half of the stars of the entertainment circle participated in this grand event. In this event, the most popular celebrities  like Yang Mi and Liu Shishi. Tang Yan, Zhang Yuqi and Di Lieba and other first-line actresses on the same stage dominate the headlines. 

Many awards were given, including "The Most Anticipated Actor Of The Year Award".  Six actors won this Award, namely Song Wei Long, Lan Yingying, Jin Chen, Guan Xiaotong, Liu Haocun and Bai Jingting.

Song Wei Long deserves to win "The Most Anticipated Actor of the Year Award". Throughout 2020, Song Wei Long broadcasted four dramas, namely :

1) "Find Yourself" with Song Qian,

2) "Beautiful Reborn Flower" with Lin Yun, and He Ju

3) "In A Class Of Her Own" with Ju Jing Yi and

4) "Go Ahead" with Tan Songyun and Zhang Xincheng. 

Among these four dramas, "Go Ahead" has the highest attention and the best quality. The image of Song Wei Long's elder brother in the drama is deeply loved by the audience.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

On 3/2/2021 at 3:12 PM, hush puppy said:

It turns out that the "lost" camera on Song Wei Long's seat was a random gift from the host. And Yu Shuxin has double-checked with the Organiser. It seems that Song Wei Long is not the only one who has doubts!  

@elis6969 @iamlegend @jcwsgal @QD8  I want all your Opinions.  Is Song Wei Long foolish to make this Mistake??  As with his other faux pas (Back-To-Field S4 e.g.)  ?

Let Me Start:

This is His Personality.  He never question or think adversely of people and situations.  He trusts them.  Therefore his innocent reactions.

We are all "Computers".   Inside us are installed that Particular Software - from birth.  This is his Software - so different from the Majority.

-  Or at least attach an Explanatory Note to the Gift

@hush puppyhi hi.. This is not foolish, sometime when you are in an event, you already nervous and don't think much, he just innocent. His reaction is very fast. He been sincere and honest. I THINK HE IS VERY BOLD AND ADORABLE. OTHERS ARTISTS WILL NOT CARE, AND YET EVERYONE THINK THEY ARE SMART.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

On 3/3/2021 at 5:02 PM, elis6969 said:

@hush puppyhi hi.. This is not foolish, sometime when you are in an event, you already nervous and don't think much, he just innocent. His reaction is very fast. He been sincere and honest. I THINK HE IS VERY BOLD AND ADORABLE. OTHERS ARTISTS WILL NOT CARE, AND YET EVERYONE THINK THEY ARE SMART.

Dear @elis6969 I'm glad we both hold the same consensus.  Song Wei Long is very Simple and Pure Minded.  He wish people no harm.  

Can you all imagine?  There are easily over a Hundred of them (Stars alone) in the Hall.  But nobody did what Song Wei Long has done.  I believe in the Minds of Most People, runs the (dishonest & greedy) thoughts:  "Whose Is This?  But Who Cares.  Since It Is On My Chair, I'll Take It Home".  

People always make fun of those who are Meek And Simple.  But the Bible says: "Only The Meek And Gentle Shall Inherit The Earth".

P/S:  I'm not a Christian though. :sweet:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, hush puppy said:

Dear @elis6969 I'm glad we both hold the same consensus.  Song Wei Long is very Simple and Pure Minded.  He wish people no harm.  

Can you all imagine?  There are easily over a Hundred of them in the Hall.  But nobody did what Song Wei Long has done.  I believe in the Minds of Most People, runs the thoughts:  "Whose Is This?  But Who Cares.  Since It Is On My Chair, I'll Take It Home".  

im so proud of him. and yes its adorable. it really shows his quality

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 3/2/2021 at 2:12 AM, hush puppy said:

Let Me Start:

-  Or at least attach an Explanatory Note to the Gift

@hush puppy My humble opinion: Our dragon is not foolish at all. I agree wholehearted that the organizers failed in their organizing! They lost an opportunity for Dragon to have taken polaroids and market the camera. Such a wasted opportunity for the organizers. I am in total agreement with you that in the thousands in attendance none were as  selfless as him. I also strongly believe his manager/assistant could have done a better job. They had the whole Weibo night to ask the organizers. That would be the first port of call but I assume they sat on it and waited for our dragon to act on it.

My rant and forgive me in advance. I am actually annoyed at the netizens who called him stupid. Being good natured, honest, kind hearted, selfless, not greedy and one that does not take advantage are characteristics that are rare for anyone much less a celebrity star like our dragon. He does not act like a diva or entitled celebrity, Totally the opposite. I do not understand how his brilliant moral character has anything to do with intelligence! There are netizens who commented and posted how he is naive, that God blessed him looks but not brains. :angry: I believe it says more about them than about our dragon! Our dragon has shown his instinctiveness of being humble and thoughtful. I feel he went one step further - he posted on his 12.5million followers to find the owner! He has "class" that few can claim. I can't even claim that myself. It's a whole new testament to his outstanding admirable character.  Instinctively, without hestation, he did his due diligence and asked the people seated with him about the camera, no one he asked got it and no one knew about the camera and why it was there, not even his assistant/manager after the whole night was over before he posted the lost and found. Such a responsible and good man. I cannot commend his character more. Looks can be superficially improved through make up, a professional photographer, plastic surgery etc but one's instinctive attitude , not thinking of himself but others first is Gold. It is priceless! I feel our dragon's heart and soul is beautiful beyond measure! 

His post has garnered both adoration and mocking, trended and hottest post. I just hope our dragon knows that he did good! That I am so proud of him. As his fan, so proud to be his fan. Agree with you @elis6969 and @iamlegend ! I hope he does not take the negativity to heart and that it does not change is pure, beautiful heart.  He did something not even I would have done. I thought of it and wondered. Had I been him that night. I would have asked, like he did and if no one knew about why my seat has a camera I would have snapped photos and kept the polaroids. I would have left the camera at the seat when I leave. I actually posted this question to my friends and family.  If this happened, would you 1) take photos 2) assume it is yours and keep camera 3) find owner. None of them including me would have done what he did. I am humbled by his character. He is one in a million. 

I hope 2021 will be kind and generous to our dragon. He certainly deserves it. My ardent wish is that he is healthy and happy. As a fan , of course selfishly I wish for him to have many many movie/tv offers, endorsements and opportunities. I hope he receives many many superstardom roles in the future. I just can't get enough of our dragon and am greedy for more of him. :tounge_wink:

Special Thanks @hush puppy for always keeping me updated. I appreciate your dedication and opportunity to learn more about our dragon. 

Edited by QD8
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2021 at 8:21 PM, hush puppy said:

(Posted on: Wednesday, 3 March 2021)

Sharing With You All, An Excerpt From One Of Song Wei Long's Magazine Interview:

——Song Wei Long : Youth's Dream, Flying Like the Wind" 

Song Wei Long [Flowers] [Inspirational Idol List]
Many people choose to use the word "lucky" to define Song Wei Long.  He himself occasionally jokingly said "his fate is good" in media interviews. However, behind the seemingly smooth star journey,  it was the figure of a child of ordinary origin, staggering along the way. As he matured, he learned to objectively analyze the significance of the popularity, glory and loneliness brought by the career of an actor to him. For him, as long as one person likes it, he will stick to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You All Have Seen The Photos And Videos From "Weibo Night 2020".   Let Me Share Some Insights And Details:

Song Wei Long  won Weibo's "The Most Anticipated Actor Of The Year Award 2020"

On 28 February 2021, Weibo held a grand Weibo night event.  Almost half of the stars of the entertainment circle participated in this grand event. In this event, the most popular celebrities  like Yang Mi and Liu Shishi. Tang Yan, Zhang Yuqi and Di Lieba and other first-line actresses on the same stage dominate the headlines. 

Many awards were given, including "The Most Anticipated Actor Of The Year Award".  Six actors won this Award, namely Song Wei Long, Lan Yingying, Jin Chen, Guan Xiaotong, Liu Haocun and Bai Jingting.

Song Wei Long deserves to win "The Most Anticipated Actor of the Year Award". Throughout 2020, Song Wei Long broadcasted four dramas, namely :

1) "Find Yourself" with Song Qian,

2) "Beautiful Reborn Flower" with Lin Yun, and He Ju

3) "In A Class Of Her Own" with Ju Jing Yi and

4) "Go Ahead" with Tan Songyun and Zhang Xincheng. 

Among these four dramas, "Go Ahead" has the highest attention and the best quality. The image of Song Wei Long's elder brother in the drama is deeply loved by the audience.

Congratulations to our Dragon. He really deserves this award. He interpreted Ling Xiao perfectly. I cannot imagine anyone who captured Ling Xiao better than Song Wei Long. Just his eyes alone could move mountains. I have cried so many times throughtout the show , for Ling Xiao especially. Usually for shows that make me cry, I seldom rewatch them but this cannot be said for Go Ahead. I can say it is the one drama that leaves me wanting more, gives me the "feels". I miss LingJian so much. I miss their childhood. I miss the loving fathers. Even the soundtrack brings back bittersweet memories. Our dragon deserves this award for his portrayal of Ling Xiao alone. His performance blew me away.

As for YuanSong. *gushing* Watching YuanSong makes me hopeful, happy and young. It is what He Fanxing said at the end - Wish there is sunlight in your life, Roses in your arms, Wish there are shelter to weather the storms, Wish you are blessed by time, Wish you are forever a young girl... That is how I feel about YuanSong and how Song Wei Long gave me so much joyful youthful optimism through YuanSong. 

I am so happy he was recognised and rewarded for his hardwork, dedication and achievement. 

He looked like a Trillion dollars on Weibo Night. I stayed up the whole night just to catch him. I am so happy that I did. He might not be considered an A lister but he definitely looked the part. 

Burberry was super smart to choose him as ambassador. I can't decide if he makes the clothes or the clothes were made specially for him but he shone brightest on Weibo Night. I must add La Tiao's are the best fans. They are top class supportive of our dragon. I have yet to see any negativity of other stars to prop up our dragon. Only positivity, loving care and encouragement for our dragon. Truly Top Class fans. 

I read an interesting article about Burberry that makes me so proud of our dragon. Thought I would share it. 

https://jingdaily.com/london-fashion-week-chinese-fans-burberry/

Excerpt:

"Burberry wins London Fashion Week

Yet again, Burberry was the standout, effectively leveraging local talents like Song Wei Long, Yin Fang, and Wang Yi Jun for its menswear only collection.

The Jing Daily Fashion Week Score is based on the following parameters:

• Model representation: evaluates representation of Chinese models on the runway.

• Digital impact: evaluates Chinese netizen reception and engagement on leading social media platforms, including Weibo, WeChat, and Little Red Book.

• KOL & celebrity visibility: considers the star power associated with the brand through strategic KOL and celebrity partnerships.

• Special brand efforts: considers special programs or efforts on a brand’s part to speak to the Chinese audience. Company or brand contributions toward the on-going virus crisis are also considered.

• Design context: a qualitative assessment of how the brand’s collection will speak to the Chinese audience based on current trends and preferences.

• Brand history: considers existing brand history in China, including overall presence, social reach, number of stores, earning trends, and brand missteps.

Burberry has once again proven its creativity in the social arena, especially on the heels of its impressive Chinese New Year 2021 celebration.

Despite only being directly livestreamed via Tmall, this first menswear-focused show still managed to engage local Chinese audiences effectively. Much like the season before, it leveraged celebrity power virtually through pre-show social promotion, especially from ambassador Song Wei Long and celebrities Yin Fang and Wang Yi Jun. Meanwhile, the brand is still benefiting from its social responsibility initiatives in China during the pandemic, which has been showcased via the narratives of campaigns and presentations"

I hope Burberry continues to grow with our dragon and for more recognition to come for our dragon. 

Edited by QD8
  • Like 3

I believe our dragon's Birthday is coming up 25th March. I see some activities for it but none that are catered for international fans. 

On a sidenote, our dragon is so hardworking 26 March he is scheduled for brand activity. I secretly wish they postpone it so he can celebrate without needing to worry about work the next day. 

@hush puppy Do you know of any activity for international fans to participate? 

I am so looking forward to watching Catman premiering in cinemas in China on March 14th. 

A little disappointed no Song Wei Long in the trailer. 

Lastly, I noticed on Song Wei Long's wiki page in the filmography section this 2022 addition on iqiyi. Is this unconfirmed rumor again? Did he already film this like 5 years late Catman but not airing until 2022? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Song_Weilong_(actor)

2022 Comic Girl Romance 月刊少女 Lu Yeqi
Edited by QD8
  • Like 1

(Posted on: Thursday, 4 March 2021)

Yes.  Monthly Girl or Comic Girl Romance is still just a Rumour - one year already.  Which is why I don't post it here. Just because it is Wikipedia, it does not guarantee it's authenticity.  That is what I learnt while doing research.

I hope Song Wei Long will not accept Monthly Girl, if it comes to pass.  Does not sound great even though it is a Comedy.  Because the ML is quite Nerdy.  And the FL is rumoured to be Ju Jing Yi.  Not good for his CV.

There are a lot of Rumours.  Only a few days ago, there was another rumoured project called - "Under One Man".

These are the Rumoured Projects which never materialised:

1)  Ace Troop - Eventually went to Xiao Zhan

2) The Sword And The Brocade - FL is Tan Songyun. ML eventually went to Wallace Chung

3) Who Rules The World - FL is Zhao Lu Si.  ML eventually went to Yang Yang

4) The Blue Whisper (Previously "Legend Of The Shark") -FL is Dilraba. ML eventually went to Ren Jia Lun 

5) A Storm Of Wind And Clouds (Previously called "Wind And Clouds Rising On A Railings - No Finalisations yet 

6) It's Raining Days - Still no news

7) Under One Man - A New Rumour

@iamlegend once asked for some hints as to which actress refused to work with Song Wei Long, because he is not from an Acting Academy.  I think you all don't need any clues here. You can easily guess from among these 3 Actresses on the List Above)

• Insightful 4

I have two questions.

1. When writing about Yuan Song in a Weibo post, Song Wei Long also writes Song Dynasties. What does Song Dynasties mean? Is it just cause his character has the name Song and his last name is also the same. 

2. Any news about when we can next see him and Victoria working together again. I want to see them in more stuff. They look so good together.

Edited by FireDragon335
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 7:01 AM, FireDragon335 said:

I have two questions.

1. When writing about Yuan Song in a Weibo post, Song Wei Long also writes Song Dynasties. What does Song Dynasties mean? Is it just cause his character has the name Song and his last name is also the same. 

2. Any news about when we can next see him and Victoria working together again. I want to see them in more stuff. They look so good together.

Hi  @FireDragon335   Welcome to our Thread.  Answers to your questions:

1)  This is the Mistake of "Google Translation".  If you read the Mandarin (Chinese) version, it says  "双宋"  i.e. "Double Song" (meaning they have the same Surnames).  But Google translates that as  "Song Dynasty".  At other times, the Google Translations are even more ridiculous!  Which is why I always read both Versions - English & Mandarin, before I make my Post.

2) Not just Viewers.  Investors also want them to work together.  But their Schedules clash.  So very slim chance of this happening.  Also Victoria has gotten way too Popular after "Find Yourself".  She has plenty of work opportunities & commitments: Endorsement, Fashion Shoots, Variety Show, Dramas.......

"Find Yourself" has been a Gold Mine for Victoria.  But not for Song Wei Long - because of :

- the Failure of  "Untouchable Lovers"  and  "Beautiful Reborn Flower"

- the Black Materials about his numerous Girl Friends.  More than one party is at work to hinder his progress

- he is young

Song Wei Long has to work harder to convince Viewers, his Fans and Would-Be Fans

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

13 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

Hi  @FireDragon335   Welcome to our Thread.  Answers to your questions:

1)  This is the Mistake of "Google Translation".  If you read the Mandarin (Chinese) version, there is No Song Dynasty.  Which is why I always read both Versions - English & Mandarin, before I make my Post.

2) Not just Viewers.  Investors also want them to work together.  But their Schedules clash.  So very slim chance of this happening.  Also Victoria has gotten way too Popular after "Find Yourself".  So she has plenty of work opportunities: Endorsement, Fashion Shoots, Variety Show, Dramas.......

How do you find information regarding their schedules or what they might potentially do in the future? You said that the investors want them to work together. How do you find that info? Someone in this thread also said that there was a script prepared but nothing happened cause they were busy. Even though Victoria has gotten insanely popular after "Find Yourself", it's only one drama. I feel that if something came from the same production team as Find Yourself and Go Ahead for both Song Wei Long and Victoria. They would both probably do it. Considering the success of both those dramas, the fact that they have worked together before and look good onscreen.

I also wanted to join Weibo to follow some of my favourite stars but it doesn't send me any verification code. Tried multiple times from both mobile and desktop. 

• Like 1