[Official Thread] Song Wei Long 宋威龙

hush puppy

(Posted on: Sunday, 3 January 2021)

Some latest news on Song Wei Long's boss - Yu Zheng.  He likes to tweak around with other people's drama and film scripts.  Adjust a bit here;  adjust a bit there - to make it his own.  He never buy any Copyrights.  He has been sued once 6 years ago by a famous Taiwanese Female Novelist, Ms Qiong Yao.  He paid the fines, but never apologise.  

Examples:

1) Winter Begonia Vs ("Goodbye My Concubine" starring the late Leslie Cheung)

2) The Story Of Yanxi Palace  Vs    ("Ruyi's Royal Love In The Palace"  starring Zhou Xun)

3) The Palace 1  Vs  (Scarlet Hearts starring  Liu Shi Shi)

"Zhang Gong-An" is different.   The Producer bought the Copyrights.  So there is no issue of Intellectual Thefts.   Da Feng Gua Guo has no right to complain.

On 21 December 2020, 156 Scriptwriters had had enough.  They united to present an "Open Letter" to register their objections against "plagiarism".  And on 1st January 2021, China's  Law On Intellectual Property came into force.  Offenders may even go to jail.

And Yu Zheng finally apologised at 10.44am,  31 December 2020.

It will be interesting to see how he is going write his Scripts in future.  If he can produce the same success.

Could that be the reason why Song Wei Long  does not want to star in his projects?  Whatever it is, our  Song Wei Long  has been securing his projects  independent of him.  So no worry.

The only people who will worry are Yu Zheng's favourite actors and actresses.

My Say:  Good for you  Song Wei Long.  You have suffered silently long enough

• Like 1
  • Insightful 4

(Posted on: Monday, 4 January 2021)

Song Wei Long is such a good "boss". Giving his assistant, Jane a ride at the Filming Site for "Find Yourself" in 2018. While waiting for shooting to begin :wub:   He was 19 years' old then. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

(Posted on: Monday, 4 January 2021)

@elis6969  Love your New Avatar Photo :wub:   You must post something.  So that everyone can see it!

victoria song & Song Wei Long “little dimples” collaboration onstage is ranked 4th in the top10  new year’s eve weibo broadcast volume!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

(Posted on: Tuesday, 5 January 2021)

Q.  Song Wei Long was bullied by Xu Kai? 

See the pix below.  In "Untouchable Lovers", Xu Kai was Rongzhi's lieutenant.  Song Wei Long's colleague in the company

Untouchable Lovers (2018) - DramaPanda

Uncle A few days ago, Huanyu Official Website put up a New Year's Day celebration poster.  To everyone's surprise,  Song Wei Long, who is more experienced and has achieved a better success in 2020, was ranked behind Xu Kai.  This is not right.

The supporters of  Song Wei Long were aggrieved and felt that Huanyu was deliberately suppressing  Song Wei Long.  (Song Wei Long is younger but joined Huanyu a little earlier than Xu Kai).

• t01ec2a151068329cad.webp

Between Song Wei Long and Xu Kai, it is inevitable that Huanyu will tend to think more highly and care more for Xu Kai.

Why ?

1) Xu Kai has a sweet mouth and will show loyalty. He feigns ignorance in his daily life, and  acts as though he prefers to leave everything to his Boss Yu Zheng to decide for him. Thereby giving the impressions that  he is easier to control. As a result,   Huanyu is naturally more blue-eyed towards Xu Kai.

2) Song Wei Long is a bit more senior than Xu Kai.  He has made substantial achievements on the small screen this year.  Straight-forward in character and has a mind of his own.

All of Xu Kai’s works, the rise and fall of his personal honour are closely related to Yu Zheng. They are either Yu Zheng's scripts or secured and arranged by him via his connections.  Xu Kai earned his break-out role via one of Yu Zheng's scripts - "The Story Of Yanxi Palace".  So he can proudly claimed that he "made" Xu Kai.  They share weals and woes.

Song Wei Long’s works are all external dramas.  He is able to secure them through his contacts in Mango Channel. As a result, his success is not directly associated to his boss.  They are not Yu Zheng's scripts and products. Certainly not arranged by him.  Therefore Yu Zheng could not lay claim to any of his glory.

Yu Zheng may have secured "Zhang Gong-An" ("A League Of Nobleman") for Song Wei Long.  But it is more for selfish reasons : 

(i)  To cash in on his success   

(ii) To earn the favour of a big organisation like Ten Cents - by going to their rescue when they have castings problems.  So that in future, he can easily secure their projects.

In a way, he is making full use of Song Wei Long.  

Who can go further ?  Song Wei Long or Xu Kai ? 

We will have to wait and  see who can break through with their  subsequent projects.

My Say:

The tide has begun to turn.  Of course, with Yu Ma’s current situation (see my post above about the 156 Scriptwriters' Protest and China's Law On Intellectual Property of 1st January 2021), it doesn’t seem like a top priority to be so favoured in Huanyu now.

It gives more satisfaction to achieve something through one's efforts.  Then through "Apple Polishing".  Xu Kai's  private life isn't that good either.   I lose respect for such Hypocrites.

"What goes around, comes around".  Be patient  Song Wei Long.

• Love 2
  • Insightful 3

10 hours ago, hush puppy said:

(Posted on: Tuesday, 5 January 2021)

Q.  Song Wei Long was bullied by Xu Kai? 

See the pix below.  In "Untouchable Lovers", Xu Kai was Rongzhi's lieutenant.  Song Wei Long's colleague in the company

Uncle A few days ago, Huanyu Official Bo put up a New Year's Day celebration poster.  To everyone's surprise,  Song Wei Long, who is more experienced and has a better performance in 2020, was ranked behind Xu Kai.  This is not right.

The supporters of  Song Wei Long were aggrieved and felt that Huanyu was deliberately suppressing  Song Wei Long.  (Song Wei Long is younger but joined Huanyu a little earlier than Xu Kai).

Between Song Wei Long and Xu Kai, it is inevitable that Huanyu is more respectful and caring towards Xu Kai.

Why ?

1) Xu Kai has a sweet mouth and will show loyalty. He pretends to be stupid and feigns ignorance in his daily life. Giving the impression that he is easier to control.  The poster was arranged by Boss Yu Zheng.  Huanyu is naturally more blue-eyed towards Xu Kai.

2) Song Wei Long is a bit more senior than Xu Kai.  He has made substantial achievements on the small screen this year.  Straight-forward in character and has a mind of his own.

All of Xu Kai’s works, the rise and fall of his personal honour are closely related to Yu Zheng. They are either Yu Zheng's scripts or secured and arranged by him via his connections.  Xu Kai earned his break-out role via one of Yu Zheng's scripts - "The Story Of Yanxi Palace".  So he can proudly claimed that he "made" Xu Kai.  They share weals and woes.

Song Wei Long’s works are all external dramas.  He is able to secure them through his contacts in Mango Channel. As a result, his success is not directly associated to his boss.  They are not Yu Zheng's scripts and products. Certainly not arranged by him.  Therefore Yu Zheng could not lay claim to any glory.

Yu Zheng may have secured "Zhang Gong-An" ("A League Of Nobleman") for Song Wei Long.  But it is more for selfish reasons :  (i)  To cash in on his success   (ii)  To earn the favour of a big organisation like Ten Cents - by going to their rescue when they have castings problems.  So that in future, he can easily secure their projects.

In a way, he is fully making use of Song Wei Long.  

Who can go further ?  Song Wei Long or Xu Kai ? 

We will have to wait and  see who can break through with their  subsequent projects.

My Say:

The tide has begun to turn.  Of course, with Yu Ma’s current situation (see my post above about the 156 Scriptwriters' Protest and China's Law On Intellectual Property of 1st January 2021), it doesn’t seem like a top priority to be so favoured in Huanyu now.

It gives more satisfaction to achieve something through one's efforts.  Then through "Apple Polishing".  Xu Kai's  private life isn't that good either.   I lose respect for such Hypocrites.

"What goes around, comes around".  Be patient  Song Wei Long.

:approves::approves:@hush puppy:approves::approves:"What goes around, comes around".  Be patient  Song Wei Long.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

(Posted on: Tuesday, 5 January 2021)

* I don't like to talk about this man - Yu Zheng.  But since he is such a Nasty Boss to Song Wei Long, I shall post this article here.

Source:  Han Xu / Dec 22, 2020 04:38 PM / Trending Stories

Trending in China: Entertainers Call for Boycott of Copycat Screenwriters

What’s trending?

111 film and television professionals in China have signed a joint letter calling for a boycott of Yu Zheng, 42, and Guo Jingming, 37, two screenwriters famous for teen-oriented shows who have been found guilty in the past of plagiarism. The hashtag #111-film-and-television-professionals-jointly-boycott-Yu-Zheng-and-Guo-Jingming# has been viewed over 100 million times on Weibo.

What’s the story?

Yu and Guo are active players in Chinese entertainment who have recently appeared on reality shows as tutors. However, many in the industry believe they should not become role models and gain such public exposure because of their history of plagiarism. The group of their peers expressed anger and worries for the future of the industry in a public letter.

Qiong Yao, screenwriter of the hit show My Fair Princess (还珠格格), is among those who signed the letter. In 2014, she successfully sued Yu Zheng for copying from her bestselling book “Mei Hua Lao.” In 2006, Guo was also found guilty by a Beijing court of plagiarising Zhuang Yu's novel, “Quan Li Quan Wai”.

Yu and Guo have served in a wide range of positions over the years, including as producers, directors, screenwriters and tutors. Yu gained his reputation in a time-travel series in which female protagonists landed in ancient dynasties and developed romantic relationships with the imperial court. Guo has focused on surreal fantasies and urban romances. His bestseller “Tiny Times” was adapted for the screen, with the subsequent franchise earning around 1.8 billion yuan ($275 million) at the box office.

What are people saying online?

Some people on Chinese social media are all for the boycott. One comment read that “the thieves of art and culture should not show their faces on TV. How come they became tutors for actors?”

But some also noted that people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. “Some of the 111 who signed were plagiarizers themselves! They are not in the clear either. They voiced their objections only because Yu and Guo got in the way of their interests,” read one comment.

Note: It started on 21 December 2020. By 22 December afternoon,  111 film and television professionals have signed on this "Open Letter".  But by Evening, 45 more, joined in the protest.  So the final figure is 156 Scriptwriters.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 4

Can I just say 1 thing about SWL's New Year performance? I can tell that his singing skill has improved. A lot. He hits all notes on point. No pitchy at all. And With his voice so deep and tender like that, I would let him sing sweet nothing to my ear 24hrs a day. :D:love:

I can tell that he's been prepared. I bet he practise alot. His performance was really impeccable. I've been repeating his performance over and over again. So proud of his effort and hardwork. 

You rock, Long2! :hwaiting:

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

On 1/6/2021 at 2:47 AM, iamlegend said:

Can I just say 1 thing about SWL's New Year performance? I can tell that his singing skill has improved. A lot. He hits all notes on point. No pitchy at all. And With his voice so deep and tender like that, I would let him sing sweet nothing to my ear 24hrs a day. :D:love:

I can tell that he's been prepared. I bet he practise alot. His performance was really impeccable. I've been repeating his performance over and over again. So proud of his effort and hardwork. 

You rock, Long2! :hwaiting:

@iamlegend  You are so very Right!   @elis6969 @Schinza, @jcwsgal @QD8,  and everybody. I couldn't get enough of  Song Wei Long's Performance on New Year Eve. 

He has got the Whole Package: his voice is so "soothing" and alluring;  his looks - no need for words.  He not only looks Handsome.  But there is a certain Charisma about him, which draws one to him again and again.  You want to care for him, protect him, hold him, comfort him.

Not necessarily as a Girl Friend.  But just as a normal friend, a sister - a Fan.

That is why,for the New Year Eve Concert, the Media said: Wang Yibo tried very hard;  Wu Yifan impressed by being cool with his garbs. 

But Song Wei Long just needs to be there!  His Presence is enough to generate a ripples of excitement.  That, to me, is  "STAR POWER!"

He does not need to "Jump"

*Definition and Origin of the word "Jumping" in Performing Arts :

Jumping the shark is an idiom used to describe the moment of a misguided attempt at generating new publicity for something once, but no longer, widely popular; the attempt serves instead to highlight the irrelevance of what it intends to promote. This is especially applicable to television series or other entertainment outlets.[1] The phrase derives from a 1977 episode of the sitcom Happy Days (1974–1984), in which the character Fonzie jumps over a shark while on water-skis.[2][3][4] This gimmick strayed absurdly outside the original storyline of the sitcom.

The idiom "jumping the shark" is pejorative, most commonly used in reference to unsuccessful gimmicks for promoting something. It is similar to "past its peak", but it more specifically suggests an unwillingness to acknowledge the fact.

Originally, the phrase was used to describe an episode of a television comedy with a gimmick or unlikely occurrence desperately attempting to keep viewers' interest. Moments labeled as "jumping the shark" are considered indications that writers have exhausted their focus, that the show has strayed irretrievably from an older and better formula, or that the series as a whole is declining in quality.

The usage of "jump the shark" has subsequently broadened beyond television, indicating the moment when a brand, design, franchise, or creative effort's evolution declines, or when it changes notably in style into something unwelcome.

• Love 3
  • Wiggle 2

(Posted on: Wednesday, 6 January 2021)

In 2020, the 5 niche players who are out of the hot drama, Song Wei Long takes the lead, Cheng Yi is on the list

OriginalAunt Yun outside the circle 2021-01-05 22:22:52

One week has passed since the magical year of 2020, and it is time for the workers to return to work.  Looking back at the national dramas of 2020, there are many hits, but most of them can't escape the unfinished ending, and there are only a handful of excellent works that have successfully managed to break the siege.

But fortunately, although the drama was unfinished, the "boyfriend" was saved.  From "Find Yourself" to "The Story of Tiger & Rose",  from  "Go Ahead" to "Love & Redemption", "temporary boyfriends" reap happiness in the play, and scream outside the play.

Below, let's talk about the new recruits who have successfully made their debut with the hit drama in 2020.  (I only post the one on Song Wei Long)   

• Young Wolf Dog-Song Wei Long

As the first hit drama in 2020, although the ending of "Find Yourself" is unfinished, it does not prevent it from bringing a touch of relaxation and joy to the audience under the gloom of the epidemic.

In addition to succeeding in making Song Qian's reputation  rise, it also brought a lot of supporting roles such as Wang Yaoqing (2nd ML), Yu Shuxin , and Zhang Yujian (He Fan Xing's twin brother).

In particular, the leading actor Song Wei Long, with the image of a young wolf dog, caught the hearts of many older sisters in one fell swoop.

You know, Song Wei Long's last hit drama was the 2018 "Untouchable Lovers". It is a pity that the audience only cared about Guan Xiaotong's style and acting skills, and even the handsome male protagonist on the side was overshadowed.

After "Find Yourself", Song Wei Long successfully entered the flow niche team from a third-line artist.

In the second half of 2020, "Go Ahead" appeared in the hot search again, and the family love between Song Wei Long and Tan Songyun became love.

Although the CP feeling of the two is not as good as Song Wei Long and Song Qian's "Song-Song CP", but it was unexpectedly good.

This year 2021, Song Wei Long will have "Zhang Gong An" ("A League Of Nobleman"). Cooperating with Jing Boran to be broadcast,  this is  one of the popular dramas that many people are optimistic about.

I just hope that in the new year 2021, Song Wei Long can continue to hone his acting skills,  so that his handsome appearance does not easily descend into an aesthetic fatigue.

To be a trafficker or an actor, depends on Song Wei Long's performance in 2021.  2021 is a Crucial Year for him.

My Say:

I Wish Him Good Luck!

• Love 4
  • Awesome 2

(Posted on: Thursday, 6 January 2021)

Beijing’s pandemic situation worsened.  (Could it be due to the New Year Eve Celebrations?  So many people together).

Without being asked, Song Wei Long quietly gifted two big boxes of surgical masks for op and the  team to use.  Always a Kind Guy.

His endorsement activity for 7 January (Burberry) is cancelled;  the Press Event for 17 January 2021 is postponed.

• Love 3
  • Awesome 1

(Posted on: Wednesday, 6 January 2021)

Song Wei Long  is so Down-T0-Earth. He can travel & do everything by himself. He does not behave like a Big Shot.  Whenever I recall the one actor who hires 6 bodyguards, but nobody, no fan bothers him - I can't help laughing.

Our Brother Says: 

"2021年也不要生病 现在天气很冷 要小心感冒 穿得暖和一点 不要生病 一定要按时吃饭.Don't get sick in 2021 it's very cold now, so be careful not to catch a cold, dress warmly,don't get sick and make sure to eat well." 

Click To Watch :

Clips Of  Song Wei Long  at the Airport (Wednesday, 6 January 2021). Going home after the event.

http://t.cn/A6qBj9BX

http://t.cn/A6qBjGqQ

• Love 4
  • Awesome 1

(Posted on: Thursday, 7 January 2021)

Song Wei Long - More Airport Photos

- 10.47 pm Same Day. Going home right after the Yoghurt Event on 6/1/2021 

Even without the "filter" & "makeup", he looks good. Skin in good conditions

Spoiler

Must be very tiring

You can see the "Scar" on his cheeks. Inflicted by School Bullies

• Love 4