[Official Thread] Song Wei Long 宋威龙

hush puppy

(Posted on: Thursday, 17 December 2020)

The 5 most potential actors in China

1)   Xiao Zhan (no need introduction)

2)   Yi Yang Qianxi (from Chinese Boy Band - TF Boys)

3)   Wang Yuan (debuted with TF Boys also)

4)   Song Wei Long

5)   Hou Ming Hao (former member of  the Boy Band - Fresh Teenager Geek)

Note: That is to say, except for Song Wei Long, the rest are all singers or comes from an idol-based foundation, and already have their own "Fan-Base".  Only Song Wei Long is purely an actor.  Which makes his Success all the more remarkable.  Because he has no other talents to help bring in fans.  His fans are purely attracted by his actings.

If I may divert a little, even Wang Yibo, Jing Boran, Luo Yunxi also started their careers as singers, dancers.

• Love 4

(Posted on: Thursday, 17 December 2020

The real picture of "Zhang Gong-an" has been exposed, and you can see from this luxurious configuration

Refreshset01ffc130690797d717.webp

t019947afadadce9f09.webp

t0198089e054061d4ca.webp

t011401efb5a91db389.webp

t012678b3be9beba8ae.webp

Netizens exposed the set pictures of "Zhang Gong An" (A League Of Nobleman), starring Jing Bo-ran and Song Wei Long.   Among the  scenes set up were Lan Fu and Dafu City. They  look very beautiful and special care were  given to details.  There are also the carefully selected ponds and pavilions with pleasant scenery.

"Zhang Gong An" is obviously more attentive than other TV series. The important occasions were built according to the script.  They also try their  best to restore the charm of the original.

"Zhang Gong An" has  finished shootings and it is expected to start broadcasting early next year. That is to say, "Zhang Gong An" is likely to be the "first shot" of the double male lead drama next year.

And this shot will also put a lot of pressure on subsequent BL TV dramas. After all, "Zhang Gong-An" has a large investment and was very well-made. From the trailer and pilot film, you can see that.  The more exquisite "Zhang Gong An", the more pressure will be on other TV dramas.

In this regard, netizens said:

- "The scene props team has worked very hard, and the money is still in place."

- "I really admire the big film sets !"

- "It looks good, the texture is here". 

- "With such a fine film set, it is easier for the  actors to enter the play".

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting here. I really like watching Song Wei Long act in various dramas. I think he will be the next big thing in China.

Right now I am still catching up with his earlier works. I am currently watching untouchable lovers, and unlike what a lot of reviewers say, I really like it! Both stories. I think SWL did a good job in portraying both characters . Now I am desparately looking for the novel "the tale of the two phoenixes". Ive only found until chapter 63. Can anyone here tell me if there is any english/indonesian translated version that is finished or at least almost? I believe it has around 200 chapters. 

Thanks everyone. Cant wait to hear more about his latest drama. Thank you Hush puppy for always keeping us updated!  

• Like 6

(Posted on: Friday, 18 December 2020)

@QD8@New here A big Welcome to you both!  Glad to see more of  Song Wei Long's Fans  joining this Forum and Family.  As fans of Song Wei Long,  at times we want to have our Say, to Rant and Share.  Since we share a common interest,  this is the best and safest place to do that.

@New here  As for your request about "The Tale Of Two Phoenixes",  I'm sure one of us will get back to you.

Some questions :

1)  How long have both of you been Lurking here?

2)  What makes you both decide to come out?

3)  What do you like about  Song Wei Long?

4)  What do you think about all the Rumours and Criticisms about him?

P/S:  Yes.  We all like  "Untouchable Lovers" too.  At 17 years' old, we think he has done an incredible job!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, hush puppy said:

@QD8@New here A big Welcome to you both!  Glad to see more of  Song Wei Long's Fans  joining this Forum and Family.  As fans of Song Wei Long,  at times we want to have our Say, to Rant and Share.  Since we share a common interest,  this is the best and safest place to do that.

@New here  As for your request about "The Tale Of Two Phoenixes",  I'm sure one of us will get back to you.

Some questions :

1)  How long have both of you been Lurking here?

2)  What makes you both decide to come out?

3)  What do you like about  Song Wei Long?

4)  What do you think about all the Rumours and Criticisms about him?

P/S:  Yes.  We all like  "Untouchable Lovers" too.  At 17 years' old, we think he has done an incredible job!

Hi Hush Puppy

1. Maybe around a month

2. Im really curious about the second half of the UL story which can only be read in the novel. I thought this would be a good place to ask.plus of course i want to join the fun :)

3. I hv to admit, his gorgeous looks was what caught my attention first, in Go Ahead. But then I also fell in love with his acting. He can really portray different characters. Like in find yourself, he seems like a totally different person compared to in UL for example. 

4. About his acting, i do agree sometimes he is a bit stiff especially in his earlier works. But U see HUGE improvements. He nails it in go ahead.. too many scenes to mention. Im sure he will only get better at it, and I cant wait !

• Like 4
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, New here said:

Right now I am still catching up with his earlier works. I am currently watching untouchable lovers, and unlike what a lot of reviewers say, I really like it! Both stories. I think SWL did a good job in portraying both characters . Now I am desparately looking for the novel "the tale of the two phoenixes". Ive only found until chapter 63. Can anyone here tell me if there is any english/indonesian translated version that is finished or at least almost? I believe it has around 200 chapters. 

@New here   For "The Tale Of The Two Phoenixes",  I think most "novel-reading sites" are up to Chapter 64 only.  You are up-to-date.  So take your time to read...

Which do you prefer?  The drama?  Or the novel?

• Like 3

"The play is based on investigating the case.  Let the two male protagonists go deep into the tiger's den; put their hearts in the danger;  share adversity;  see the truth;  compose the most pure and true friendship between friends, and convey positive values to the audiences."

What a wonderful and apt description of  Song Wei Long's upcoming drama: "A League Of Nobleman"

Professional team to create high-quality drama series

Director Yang Fan once won the Outstanding Director Award in the 12th National Film and Television "Golden Shang Award", and his personal directing ability is outstanding. 

Screenwriters Li Lin once wrote "Great Expectations" and Li Qiong wrote "You Going Upstream", which has improved the quality of the series.

The costumes of the play are exquisite and distinctive. For example, Jing Boran's blue official uniform is graceful and luxurious, highlighting his status as a court official. Song Wei Long is wearing a light-colored cloth, highlighting his identity as a poor scholar.

In addition, the production of the props of the show is particularly sophisticated. The color ratio of the screen reflects the texture of the movie, which enhances the audience's visual experience, which shows the intention of the main creative team.

Conclusion

In general, "A League Of Nobleman" is a TV series that is worth looking forward to, with high-value appearance, online acting, and full of suspense in the plot.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

On 12/17/2020 at 1:42 AM, hush puppy said:

@iamlegend  If you don't mind, I post the trailer again.  Because this one comes with English Subs.  Most of us here are English Educated.  Easier for everybody to understand the trailer better.

No, I dont mind at all. In fact I really thank you for posting it here so I (and most of us) can understand the narrator because of the subtitle. 

Can I just say that I really enjoy the interviews with SWL, and for that I thank you @hush puppyto post it here and in english version that we can all understand. IMO reading the interview can also help me to know him a bit more. What's his opinions, his minds etc. And also to your post about him being hot headed, i couldnt agree more with you. Although I would say that he is an idealist. I think it can be both good and bad. Good that he has principle, but cannot be avoided sometimes it causes bumps with his boss. I dunno, what do you think? Should he make a bit more compromises, or just stay his truly self like this? Also, from the interviews and from some posts you posted, it seems that the directors and the crews really appreciate his work ethic, which makes me proud of him! 

Also welcome to @QD8 and @New here hope you enjoy discussing SWL here like the rest of us. 

Also 1 more thing i want to add, the setting for A League of Noblemen is really really beautiful and seems like been done seriously. I really look forward for the lease of this drama. I can say if the setting is this good, I bet the drama will be really good too.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, hush puppy said:

@New here   For "The Tale Of The Two Phoenixes",  I think most "novel-reading sites" are up to Chapter 64 only.  You are up-to-date.  So take your time to read...

Which do you prefer?  The drama?  Or the novel?

I have read until ch 64 already in one day. I found machine translated ones for 65 onwards, and of course the language is a mess.

How sad if the rest is really not translated. I wanted to kbow the rest of the story (where rong zhi kept fighting to win chu yu back and eventually choosing her instead of power), but ep 64 in the novel is  equivalent to around ony episode 3 or 4 in the drama.  sad.

It is a good novel. And the more i read it, the more i feel SWL did a very good job in portraying Rong Zhi in the first half of the drama. In the novel it clearly depicts rong zhi's facial expression as "calm" or even "flat". such as "Smiling but not smiling". Except his eyes are deep . When i read it, it truly matches what I see as portrayed by SWL. Well done!! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, New here said:

I have read until ch 64 already in one day. I found machine translated ones for 65 onwards, and of course the language is a mess.

How sad if the rest is really not translated. I wanted to kbow the rest of the story (where rong zhi kept fighting to win chu yu back and eventually choosing her instead of power), but ep 64 in the novel is  equivalent to around ony episode 3 or 4 in the drama.  sad.

It is a good novel. And the more i read it, the more i feel SWL did a very good job in portraying Rong Zhi in the first half of the drama. In the novel it clearly depicts rong zhi's facial expression as "calm" or even "flat". such as "Smiling but not smiling". Except his eyes are deep . When i read it, it truly matches what I see as portrayed by SWL. Well done!! 

@New here  Unfortunately, translations of Chinese Novels are usually quite slow - especially for Period (Costume/Ancient) Novels. The language is more exclusive.  Very few can do it well.  So readers just have to be patient.

I've always maintained that Song Wei Long did a good job as Rong Zhi (Untouchable Lovers).  Just a bit stiff - like what you have said.

Being young and new in this industry, he has been in a few light youth/idol dramas and movies before he was given this role - his First, Big, IP Role.  He did not sought for it.  The Investors wanted him.

He was naturally anxious.  He bought the Novel and read it through.  Practised his "lines" till late into the night. I also feel that his "Lines- Delivery" is the Best in "Untouchable Lovers" - very clear.

But in his subsequent dramas, his lines tend to taper off in a barely audible whisper. As though he is running out of steam. More so when he has to act angry or frustrated.  So without the Subtitles, we would not know what he has said. He has to work on this.

Most Viewers have other ideas and simply refuse to acknowledge his Acting Skills.  Fortunately, there are many others (like us) who recognise and appreciate him - for his Actings, Efforts and other Positive Qualities.

Song Wei Long  is certainly Different from other Actors

• Like 5

(Posted on: Saturday, 19 December 2020)

Dogs-Lover:  Song Wei Long

Ghim của Kristy Vaj trên SONGWEILONG | Diễn viên, Nụ cười, Người mẫu nam
As a point of interest,  He Fan Xing's  (Song Qian) family dog  in "Find Yourself"  is actually  Song Wei Long's family pet dog.  It was a stray-dog adopted by his family.  Such kindness!
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

SONG WEI LONG : Excepts From A Past Interview  With 
"Modern Weekly December 2019, In Time Tunnel".

Learning To Enjoy Loneliness

Song Wei Long keeps two dogs A golden retriever called "Zi Xing Che" (Bicycle). After that his parents adopted a little stray dog called "Ruyi" (According To Wish).

Hearing the name "Bicycle", all of us broke into laughter:  "Why did you name your dog Bicycle?"

He laughed helplessly.  I didn't give it this name.  It was already called "Bicycle" when I adopted it...."

"I don't want to buy dogs.  Adopting is enough."  He said lightly.

Because he is busy working now, he does not have time to keep his dogs company.  So he left them at home where his parents can take care of them.

He lives alone in Beijing.  Perhaps it's because he is used to living independently since young, he is not afraid of being alone.  He might feel lonely sometimes.  But he knows this is the price of fame and growing up.

"I think being alone is pretty important.  I've gotten used to loneliness and I enjoy it now.  But even when I'm alone, I can't feel completely alone.  Because I'm someone who just loves to think about things - overthinking.

For example if I didn't do well in today's shoot, I'll keep thinking about it.  I know that the shoot is over and there is nothing I can do about it.  But I've gotten used to being like this for years.  So in that sense, I'm really quite stubborn".

Note:

At least he has the courage to admit he is stubborn. :thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The original author published an article to clarify the relationship with the drama version of "Zhang Gong An".  Bluntly said that the difference is too big

"A League Of Nobleman" has already been finalized and is waiting to meet the audience.   Many people have great expectations for this drama.

One kind of people are sitting in the wind blowing over the original.  Another group of people are going to Song Wei Long and Jing Boran. No matter who it is, the drama has completed shootings and the trailer released. There is also a great advantage in the market.

A few days ago, the poster of this play, and a teaser video was released. When many people were cheering, they did not expect the original author of "Zhang Gong An",  Da Feng Gua Guo to come out and pour cold water on the play.

At noon, today, 19 December 2020, Da Feng Gua Guo posted a post on Weibo, to clarify the relationship between her novel and the TV series  of "Zhang Gong-an" 

She said this drama is actually just "wearing the coat" of the novel, and the other things basically have nothing to do with the original work. The drama version does not use the storyline of the novel at all. Even the names of some people have changed, not to mention the dynasties, characters, backgrounds, growth experiences, personalities and storylines created by the play.

If it is shot according to her original work, you won't have this beautiful, quirky, and gorgeous effect. The original work has a plain style and completely different style values. 

She even claimed that the gap between the drama version and his novel is as far away as the Milky Way.

She affirms the hard work of the creators of the drama version.  But urge netizens and audiences not to compare the drama with her novel. 

The trailer of this play is highly acclaimed at the moment.  If it becomes very popular in the future and becomes a phenomenal hit work, I can't just take this heat and honor. Because it really has nothing to do with my work.  It is not what I deserve. The honor should go to the person who actually created it.  To the creator of the play and the screenwriter  of the play.

She is also concerned about the efforts spent by the TV series. For the broadcast of TV series, she will watch it like an ordinary audience.

In fact, there have been cases before, where the original author came out to criticize the adaptation of the drama version. The adaptation has always been the gap between book fans and drama fans.  Even Chen Qingling (The Untamed) encountered strong criticism from fans when it was broadcasted. Because part of the plot is quite different from the original.

Look through实时疫情

t017efae8451131a840.webp

Note:  I don't understand this Author.  You have sold your Copyrights, pocketed the money.  There were no clause in the agreement that forbids the buyer from revising the plot.

At the time when she objected to Song Wei Long acting in this drama, she already said that in future this production will have nothing more to do with her. 

Then why make all the fuss now - to undermine the success of this production.  If she is so particular, then find a Producer who will agree to retain 100% of your ideas. In which case, nobody will buy from her.

And on the other hand she admits this production will be a success and she is going to watch it.  I  sense a "hint of Envy" and "sarcasm". (SMH)

This is not the first time that her works were plagiarised. I never see her this vocal about it before.  Was she paid to "demonise"  Song Wei Long? :blink:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

(Posted on: Monday 21 December 2020)

A recent photo of  Song Wei Long (at the wrap-up of the shootings for "A League Of Nobleman" on 29 November 2020).  So as of today -21 December 2020, Song Wei Long has only been resting for 22 days.

• Love 4