Quantcast
Jump to content
0ly40

[Current Drama 2019] Love in Sadness, 슬플 때 사랑한다 - Saturdays @ 21:00 KST

Recommended Posts

Watched the first hour and it has peaked my interest - some interesting plot threads and can see it getting a bit twisted. Will watch the second hour later.

 

Can I just say that despite having to look depressed for 99% of the first hour the lead actress is drop dead beautiful. How have I never come across her before. Jeez

 

Have never come across any of the leads on this show before actually - wish the man guy was a bit more masculine? his looks, voice and even down to his mannerisms are very feminine. Probably answered in the second hour but i wonder if the girl in the coma is his sister or wife

 

Anyway will write my proper thoughts after I've finished the second hour, really just wanted to drop by to say the lead female actress is an absolute beaut.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Yeah....I wait until the final episode for dramas like these.

 

Is this a good one , I don’t want to start it then regret it :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, anony12345 said:

Anyway will write my proper thoughts after I've finished the second hour, really just wanted to drop by to say the lead female actress is an absolute beaut.

Which one? Park Ha Na or Park Han Byul? Sadly, Ha Na will only appear for the first 4 episodes.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anony12345 said:

Watched the first hour and it has peaked my interest - some interesting plot threads and can see it getting a bit twisted. Will watch the second hour later.

 

Can I just say that despite having to look depressed for 99% of the first hour the lead actress is drop dead beautiful. How have I never come across her before. Jeez

 

Have never come across any of the leads on this show before actually - wish the man guy was a bit more masculine? his looks, voice and even down to his mannerisms are very feminine. Probably answered in the second hour but i wonder if the girl in the coma is his sister or wife

 

Anyway will write my proper thoughts after I've finished the second hour, really just wanted to drop by to say the lead female actress is an absolute beaut.

 

The girl in the coma is his wife.

~

 

I just finished watching the first two episodes, and wow, gotta say Ryu Soo Young's portrayal of Kang In-Wook is really, really good. There's something completely savage lying underneath all that refinery, and you can just tell that he's cut from the same cloth as his father temper-wise, especially when he's holding in his rage. He is so terrifying and no wonder Ma-Ri wants to run, who would want to live under such a volatile, miserable household. 

 

I have never watched Ji Hyun-Woo before, and he's got such a warm smile and presence, hopefully he and Ma-Ri will be able to heal each other. They seem very alike in the sense that they're kind souls. 

 

Also they did a really great job on the casting, Park Han-Byul and Park Ha-Na do kinda resemble each other. 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, anony12345 said:

Watched the first hour and it has peaked my interest - some interesting plot threads and can see it getting a bit twisted. Will watch the second hour later.

 

Can I just say that despite having to look depressed for 99% of the first hour the lead actress is drop dead beautiful. How have I never come across her before. Jeez

 

Have never come across any of the leads on this show before actually - wish the man guy was a bit more masculine? his looks, voice and even down to his mannerisms are very feminine. Probably answered in the second hour but i wonder if the girl in the coma is his sister or wife

 

Anyway will write my proper thoughts after I've finished the second hour, really just wanted to drop by to say the lead female actress is an absolute beaut.

She is a beauty. The girl in the coma is the male lead's wife... the main actress will undergo reconstructive surgery in order to look like his comatosed wife... such a twisted plot but it is quite intriguing. It is sad that his wife cheated on him yet he has no idea while taking care of her.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

 

Is this a good one , I don’t want to start it then regret it :)

I have no   idea since I did not start it yet, the title along terrifies me lol

  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 11:09 PM, MidnightRain said:

gotta say Ryu Soo Young's portrayal of Kang In-Wook is really, really good.

Sorry to cut your post but yes, Ryu Soo Young is really killing it, the part of Kang in Sook. He just gives me the creeps everytime he looks at his wife and touches her. 

 

On 2/23/2019 at 10:06 PM, Ameera Ali said:

Is this a good one , I don’t want to start it then regret it 

If I look at it by genre, I would say this is a very good suspense psychological thriller and I can't explain more without spoiling. The original J drama where this one was adapted from was such. It is still early but I think the suspense here will even be better because as already shown the obsessed husband is a chaebol who has the means to go to all lengths to keep the woman he is obsessed with. The actor who plays the obsessed husband is killing his part. 

 

I would also say that the book Dr. Seo was reading to his wife hints to Wuthering Heights which was a deemed a thriller warped love story. This however, would be comparable to the movie Sleeping With the Enemy in psychological suspense/thriller wise. 

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Sorry to cut your post but yes, Ryu Soo Young is really killing it, the part of Kang in Sook. He just gives me the creeps everytime he looks at his wife and touches her. 

 

If I look at it by genre, I would say this is a very good suspense psychological thriller and I can't explain more without spoiling. The original J drama where this one was adapted was such. It is still early but I think the suspense here will even be better because as already shown the obsessed husband is a chaebol who has the means to go to all lengths to keep the woman he is obsessed with. The actor who plays the obsessed husband is killing his part. 

 

I would also say that the book Dr. Seo was reading to his wife hints to Wuthering Heights which was a deemed a thriller warped love story. This however, would be comparable to the movie Sleeping With the Enemy in psychological suspense/thriller wise. 

 

He really is killing it, isn't he? Ryu Soo Young is absolutely fantastic, I can appreciate that you can just see that there is something very dark radiating from him, even when he is trying to act pleasant. I'm paying so much attention to him and all his scenes, he's just sooo good and intense that I can't look away. 

 

~

 

I just finished all 4 episodes, and I am hooked, things are moving at a nice pace. Poor Ma-Ri, she really didn't stand a chance against In-Wook. When she was talking about how she dreamed countless times of turning down his proposal and avoiding her current hell, I thought she was a bit naive there. It's clear that In-Wook would have gotten his claws on her one way or another from the moment they met, so her refusal then would have meant nothing, just like it is now. I do wonder what's gonna happen once he finds out she completely changed her face, he's probably not gonna leave her alone, but how will he react? From their interactions, it almost feels like all his love and tenderness stems from her appearance in likeness to his deceased mother, he doesn't really seem to care about Ma-Ri as a person, only that she's his most prized possession. Hmm. 

  • Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

Which one? Park Ha Na or Park Han Byul? Sadly, Ha Na will only appear for the first 4 episodes.

 

8 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

She is a beauty. The girl in the coma is the male lead's wife... the main actress will undergo reconstructive surgery in order to look like his comatosed wife... such a twisted plot but it is quite intriguing. It is sad that his wife cheated on him yet he has no idea while taking care of her.

 

 

Jeez, it was Park Ha Na I was talking about, devastated right now :( She's up there with Suzy Bae and Lee Min Jung for me,  can't believe she's 33. She doesn't seem to be in any dramas that aren't dailies but will keep an eye out on her future projects. 

 

Anyway finished the second episode and there's some intrigue there so will keep on watching despite the lack of Park Ha Na now.

 

I'm going to assume the guy his wife was driving with is his surgeon buddy, as in these shows it's always someone you know. His sort of sister has a crush on him? 

 

Also the female lead will be going from one husband seeing her more as his mom and now another seeing her as his comatose wife. I really hope they don't open up too many more crazy storylines and develop the ones they've set out so far and make it into a psychological thriller. As soon as Korean shows continuously start various plot threads I have absolutely zero belief that the show won't go to crap as they struggle to keep it together. 

 

Also does no-one find the OST a bit off so far? Intermittent classic pieces and then the sort of rock/rap song when the crazy lead is acting abusive hasn't really worked for me. Though I'm probably currently spoilt as I watched Chicago Typewriter before this where the OST and background music is so on point but still, it could be more subtle.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

It's clear that In-Wook would have gotten his claws on her one way or another from the moment they met, so her refusal then would have meant nothing, just like it is now. I do wonder what's gonna happen once he finds out she completely changed her face, he's probably not gonna leave her alone, but how will he react? From their interactions, it almost feels like all his love and tenderness stems from her appearance in likeness to his deceased mother, he doesn't really seem to care about Ma-Ri as a person, only that she's his most prized possession

You got that right. He really does not seem to care about Ma Ri as a person but his prized possesion.

 

In Wook buys all of Mari's paintings and pays someone to review/analyze her paintings as bad or not good enough to be displayed in galleries, therefore the public will never know about her. However, she did get that one painting the Self Portrait to be seen by her friend and evaluated by Ha Kyung's gallery as one of the best and they are looking for the artist who did it. So, are we being given a hint here on how In Wook might find out about Mari? Ha Kyung's Art Gallery and her husband Dr Seo's surgical suits and reconstructive surgery specialty clinic is in the same building. I wonder if Dr. Seo owns the building. The bodyguards also know about Mari visiting the gallery. How long will it take In Wook to connect the dots? 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have not watched yet, but from you guys reaction I am scared this gonna be more a twisty story, then a heartfelt story about a woman claiming her life back from her abusive husband. They could have been neighbor with the doctor and his wife that are both  good hearted people. One day they sees this girl beaten up so they want to help her and they form a friendship with her as they protect her from husband. This is something I would watch then what seems to be present so far. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zenya22 said:

You got that right. He really does not seem to care about Ma Ri as a person but his prized possession.

 

In Wook buys all of Mari's paintings and pays someone to review/analyze her paintings as bad or not good enough to be displayed in galleries, therefore the public will never know about her. However, she did get that one painting the Self Portrait to be seen by her friend and evaluated by Ha Kyung's gallery as one of the best and they are looking for the artist who did it. So, are we being given a hint here on how In Wook might find out about Mari? Ha Kyung's Art Gallery and her husband Dr Seo's surgical suits and reconstructive surgery specialty clinic is in the same building. I wonder if Dr. Seo owns the building. The bodyguards also know about Mari visiting the gallery. How long will it take In Wook to connect the dots? 

After seeing that you are watching it, I gave it a try. I have to say that I like the story so far and although it is similar to LMIH, the main focus is totally different. Here this is about how to escape from the claws of her husband. Besides, we see the ending of the story: one of the men will be shot... I would say, IW will be the one. This is based on two elements:

- the body shape

- the scene where he explained why he liked shooting moving targets

IW is not just possessive, but also obsessed. The actor is doing a great job.

I also agree that the man with SW's wife was his best friend and colleague HSH. In my opinion, Ha must resent him for always being better than him, for always being praised. Nevertheless I have the impression that SW knew about her infidelity. His face expressed pain and you could sense that he was trying to save his marriage ("we need to talk"). He never proposed the concert tickets which reveals that he knew, if he gave it to her, she wouldn't like these. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scarletlover1 said:

Wait so he picked her because she looked like his mother?

Okay look if she reminded him of his mother, that's one thing. But because she looks like his mother?

In Wook has a very twisted mind. Maybe he was trying to replay the scenes of his parents in his own life? From his angry revelation to Mari about what happened to his mother, that Mari was just like his mother who tried to run away many times from his father but finally killed herself. He said he asked his father once why he did not just let his mother leave and his father answered "because she is mine". He also said, "when you married me, I knew that one day you were going to dump me". He is a man who witnessed abuse of his mother by his father but what retained in his mind was his mother trying to leave his father and his father saying she can't leave because she was his. 

 

 

 

Quote

 

After seeing that you are watching it, I gave it a try. I have to say that I like the story so far and although it is similar to LMIH, the main focus is totally different. Here this is about how to escape from the claws of her husband. Besides, we see the ending of the story: one of the men will be shot... I would say, IW will be the one. This is based on two elements:

- the body shape

- the scene where he explained why he liked shooting moving targets

IW is not just possessive, but also obsessed. The actor is doing a great job.

I also agree that the man with SW's wife was his best friend and colleague HSH. In my opinion, Ha must resent him for always being better than him, for always being praised. Nevertheless I have the impression that SW knew about her infidelity. His face expressed pain and you could sense that he was trying to save his marriage ("we need to talk"). He never proposed the concert tickets which reveals that he knew, if he gave it to her, she wouldn't like these. 


 

Hello @bebebisous33, so glad you joined us. I agree that the focus here is Mari trying to get away and how with the help of SJW. I remember you were the one who told us about Sleeping With the Enemy in LMIH and in the movie the woman played by Julia Roberts had a mother in the nursing home and here we see Mari's mom in a nursing home. Wonder how the drama will play that. I also agree that Seo Jung Won knew about his wife's infidelity, that he asked her many times to stay longer for dinner so they can talk or that he will drive her to the airport to talk. Can't wait to see what happens next. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, zenya22 said:

You got that right. He really does not seem to care about Ma Ri as a person but his prized possesion.

 

In Wook buys all of Mari's paintings and pays someone to review/analyze her paintings as bad or not good enough to be displayed in galleries, therefore the public will never know about her. However, she did get that one painting the Self Portrait to be seen by her friend and evaluated by Ha Kyung's gallery as one of the best and they are looking for the artist who did it. So, are we being given a hint here on how In Wook might find out about Mari? Ha Kyung's Art Gallery and her husband Dr Seo's surgical suits and reconstructive surgery specialty clinic is in the same building. I wonder if Dr. Seo owns the building. The bodyguards also know about Mari visiting the gallery. How long will it take In Wook to connect the dots? 

 

In-Wook also had her name removed from the art competitions she joined and won, and she was sobbing when she said that her art gets tossed into the trashcan at the end. So heartbreaking -- not only can't she break free from In-Wook's influence, but her work that she poured so much into simply getting thrown in the bin. 

 

Oh, definitely, In-Wook knows about the self-portrait painting, and he's seen it too. Also, Ma-Ri had used her friend's name to enter the competition, and In-Wook knows about said friend's existence as well. Also Jung-Won had confided to the curator (can't remember her name) about Ma-Ri's story, and we see In-Wook hanging around her later on, who knows if she'll spill. There's way too many dots connecting Ma-Ri to Jung-Won, and the curator is not going to be happy with Ma-Ri having Ha-Kyung's face since she obviously loves Jung-Won. 

 

3 hours ago, zenya22 said:

In Wook has a very twisted mind. Maybe he was trying to replay the scenes of his parents in his own life? From his angry revelation to Mari about what happened to his mother, that Mari was just like his mother who tried to run away many times from his father but finally killed herself. He said he asked his father once why he did not just let his mother leave and his father answered "because she is mine". He also said, "when you married me, I knew that one day you were going to dump me". He is a man who witnessed abuse of his mother by his father but what retained in his mind was his mother trying to leave his father and his father saying she can't leave because she was his. 

 

In addition, I'd say he's trying to "protect" Ma-Ri, because it was something that he couldn't have done for his mother. I wonder if some of his anger also comes from the fact that while he so despises the way his father treated his mother, he's come to do the same to Ma-Ri -- and that he acknowledges that he now believes what his father done is right. So maybe in his mind, if Ma-Ri obediently goes along with him, then he wouldn't have to act like his father. I think In-Wook has a lot of daddy and mommy issues that contributes to what he has become today. 

 

Also LOL at In-Wook saying that he knew that she'd dump him someday once they got married. How self-aware for someone that's delusional enough to ask the wife that he abuses daily to smile for him. :mellow:

 

~

 

I find it interesting that both In-Wook and Ma-Ri don't have delusions about their marriage and the reasons for getting married in the first place. During their talk at the riverside after she went missing for a night, she tells him that she's not his mother, while he says what about her, what about her reasons for accepting him. Now I'm thinking that Ma-Ri really never did love In-Wook (they did get married after dating for a month), and that she went along so that her mom could have stable care. 

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

 

He really is killing it, isn't he? Ryu Soo Young is absolutely fantastic, I can appreciate that you can just see that there is something very dark radiating from him, even when he is trying to act pleasant. I'm paying so much attention to him and all his scenes, he's just sooo good and intense that I can't look away. 

 

~

 

I just finished all 4 episodes, and I am hooked, things are moving at a nice pace. Poor Ma-Ri, she really didn't stand a chance against In-Wook. When she was talking about how she dreamed countless times of turning down his proposal and avoiding her current hell, I thought she was a bit naive there. It's clear that In-Wook would have gotten his claws on her one way or another from the moment they met, so her refusal then would have meant nothing, just like it is now. I do wonder what's gonna happen once he finds out she completely changed her face, he's probably not gonna leave her alone, but how will he react? From their interactions, it almost feels like all his love and tenderness stems from her appearance in likeness to his deceased mother, he doesn't really seem to care about Ma-Ri as a person, only that she's his most prized possession. Hmm. 

I am still at a loss as to how she looks like his mother... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched all 4 episodes. I gotta say i still prefer park ha na as the female lead. Her acting is so convincing. I got goosebump everytime she encountered her abusive husband. I couldn't see how park han byul will take over hana's role. But i guess that's the point. I heard that after you made facial plastic surgery, your face would be awkward with emotions or in other words, plastic. No offense to park han byul. Now that park ha na's role is about to over, i'll try to watch few episodes with han byul playing the role. If it dissappoints i'll drop watching the drama.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thunderman1 said:

I am still at a loss as to how she looks like his mother... 

 

What kinda weirds me out is the emphasis that he puts on her appearance -- he even dictates her outfits, and he talks an awful lot about being the only one to see her, whether it's her smile or the outline of her body. And couple that with her looking like his mom... :huh::unsure:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...